Roll Call
0 members (), 35 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/09/24 08:34 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/09/24 06:41 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:04 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Legion of Super-Heroes #8 Preview (SPOILERS)
#604874 01/01/11 01:14 AM
Leader
Leader
What? Not even one LOL for my super-fat ass ray theory?

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#604875 01/01/11 05:18 PM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
lol

I'm sorry. I was trying to find a Fat Tenzil graemlin. I failed to do so.

RonnKar

#604876 01/02/11 10:02 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Hey guys,

I have a quick question:

Whose mission monitor board symbol is that next to Sensor Girl's? I can't figure it out. It is just two concentric circles. Is that Gates' symbol? who else can I be missing?

Comradely,
Gates
LLL!
#604877 01/03/11 02:15 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by cleome:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
[b]
Originally posted by cleome:
[b][snip]

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong> Earth Man is such a one note song - all he thinks about is power.
He never thinks about strategy or finesse or subtlety.
tongue
Is that in line with how they wrote him in the graphic novel? I've only read bits of it online, so I can't really judge.[/b]
Graphic novel?
Do you mean the Lo3W or the one coming out with the first 6 issues of LSH (there IS one, I think.)
Lo3W is by Johns but, of course the other TP is by Levitz.
Or do you mean the Action stuff?
That's not by Paul, either.[/b]
Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I was thinking of the collected Action Comics stuff. I've read a few of the scans and know the basic story outline, but that's all. But I know that it wasn't Levitz' writing it. I guess it's just that he sees the character differently.

It confuses me that EM seems so raw and not inclined to think as a group member when he already led a group in the past. It just seems a little strange to me. Even if he doesn't like most of the people around him, he must have some clue as to how to get along with other people to accomplish goals. I guess... I don't expect a slick diplomat but I don't expect him to be quite like this, either.

shrug Oh, well.

The Levitz Kirt seems to plan things out a little EXCEPT when he's actually in a fight, imo.
Then, everything is about him grabbing someone's powers and taking over.
He's done it over and over and over.

When he confronted the Earthers attacking the Titan refugees, he just grabbed Jan's power and started shouting.
When he got the GL ring he flew to the planet in question and just started clabbering stuff.
Here in this last issue, he just goes in powering up and powering up and hitting the Durlan.

Anyway, that's how I see him, mostly as a shallow, one note bully.
Yeah. I don't mind characters being unlikable. People can be on the same side of an issue without being on it for the same reason. I can accept EM's motivations for being where he is. After all, the alternative is presumably exile from Earth altogether or more torture in jail. But, yeah-- a lot of his personality right now doesn't really make much sense. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let's remember that EM was in charge of a bunch of REJECTS of which he was the most powerful, so he probably never had to lead anyone who he would consider an equal.

Also I believe EM and the gang used guerrilla tactics along with public opinion to put the Legion on ropes in the Action storyline.
While that takes some planning and execution I think the Rejects where more lucky and opportunistic than skilled at developing a plan to defeat the Legion.

Lastly, I'm not a fan of EM like others have stated he seems to be a brainless bully more than anything. That said he does fit in with Paul plans to shake things up and make the Legion's life a little more complicated.

I sought truth.. and found friendship and love, which even your lies can never take the memory of from me. (B5 to Time Trapper LSH 50)
#604878 01/03/11 06:31 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I agree, cleome, that characters on the same team don't have to be equally motivated or socially skilled.
In fact, I like the idea of the adult Legion having more of a mix-up of those things.

I just find that EM should be tried in a court of law for what he did, not be treated as a hero and given his freedom just to placate some political faction.
A free pass for hurting others bugs me to death!
I hated it when they did it in Primeboot (multiple times) and I hate that they are doing it now with Kirt.

I even dislike what Vril gets away with.

If anything, kids need to know that there are consequences to our actions.
imo

The REJECTS self-image issue is a good point, too, L07.
Is the League made up of former rejects from the Legion tryouts?
I have a feeling the EM treats almost everyone the same way, as a resource to be used to further HIS ego and desires.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#604879 01/04/11 01:18 AM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Yeah, the murder of Double-Header and the blinding of Color Kid seems to have been forgotten.

I guess Color Kid's eyesight could have been restored by 31st century science, as was Polar Boy's arm restored (and Lightning Lad's for that matter). I still think there needs to be Some justice, or what's the point?

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#604880 01/04/11 01:39 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yes!
Justice and accountability.
And it's not just for Double Header and Color Kid, healed or not.
How many millions were inspired to displace, damage and destroy the countless lives around them because of EM's influence?
Anyway.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#604881 01/04/11 05:21 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
But look at the real World, for every despicable leader that gets dragged to the Hague to answer for his crimes, there are two to three that are allowed to retire with their ill-gotten gains. Often to prevent civil war.

The Earth Man compromise was to prevent an upsurge in violence so the end justified the means. Not a pleasant outcome but one that mirrors actual events.

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#604882 01/04/11 01:11 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Repurcussions shoudn't be dismissed, though.

Considering that the biggest offenses were against members of the Subs (Color Kid and don't forget Infectious Lass, as well as Double Header- never a full Sub, but still), maybe a War Between the Legions is ahead.

I can imagine the Subs, influeced by an emotion-pumping Rainbow Girl, wanting a little revenge.

Maybe that's where Night Girl went?

#604883 01/06/11 12:59 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Congratulations to MON-EL! smile

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#604884 01/06/11 04:51 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
LIKED:
* Tellus taking a role outside of "perplexed at the behaviour of humans"
* Dreamy and Shady kicking butt, and even Tinya being more useful than she has been thus far. Legion ladies haven't been of much use thus far in this series, nice to see that changing. smile
* The fight inside Brainy's lab. Good showcase of teamwork (though honestly I'm surprised Cos had such trouble with a Durlan who was being so unimaginative in his shapeshifting)
* Cos's wristcuff things. They look suitably like future fashion.

DISLIKED:
* Earth-Man. His whole "I can do anything better than you can" schtick is boring me. Especially when there are Legionnaires whom we still haven't seen really DOING much of anything since the series started! (Gates, Polar Boy and Yera, I'm looking at you)

*Pheebs dying(?) and Gim and Earth-Man being defeated off-panel. Too much action has been occurring off-panel since this series started. And as much as I don't like Earth-Man, he HAS been portrayed pretty consistently as being amazing, so I don't see how he and Gim failed when Nura and Shady are physically much weaker and didn't have that much trouble at all.

*The weird GLOW around Shadow Lass's hands when she uses her DARKNESS power. Does not fit.

*Tellus's humanoid hands. I noticed lately he is getting more humanoid. I don't like it. tongue

All kvetching aside though, I did really like this issue and it has left me looking forward for the next one - I really feel like Paul is starting to hit his stride as a storyteller!

#604885 01/08/11 12:36 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Shady and Tinya seemed to have a youth to deal with, where as Rokk and Kirt had the leader of the group.
I think that was supposed to be the difference.

Or maybe it was Tasmia's fist.
It's all this Shadow Lass seems capable of.
sigh
Where's Umbra when you need her.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#604886 01/09/11 02:06 PM
Leader
Leader
The more I look at that unknown legionnaire in the memorial hall, the more I think he looks like the 30th century Earth-1 version of 'Mazing Man.

#604887 01/09/11 06:25 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
He might just be Brande.

And when I want the news, I watch the news.
For pleasure, I want stories with purpose and a point that I can understand.
A smaller, organized, human perspective is what I want, I guess.
I'm usually not satisfied with stories where the bad guys win or tragedies where most everyone dies or dies senselessly.
Those noir presentations may actually be great stories/art, but I don't read or watch them more than once and they always leave me feeling hollow.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#604888 01/09/11 06:35 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
The more I look at that unknown legionnaire in the memorial hall, the more I think he looks like the 30th century Earth-1 version of 'Mazing Man.
eek eek

<span style="font-size: 15px;">Portfolio Boy's in my miiiiiiiiiiiind!!11</span>

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,222
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP