Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/09/24 06:34 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:04 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:02 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: No Longer In Production
#606238 03/15/08 09:13 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Jubilation:

Okay there are a few things that need to be straightened out from the above post.

1) Pryde of the X-Men is a Marvel one shot cartoon it was an attempt back in 1989 to get a cartoon series going. But it never took. 1992 came The X-Men series it was not until 2000 that the first X-Men movie came out.
my point for that part of the post was about the batman movie cartoon if there is going to be one i understand that it took a while for the xmen to make to be that big and popular and once they had a younger mind set willing to get hooked, they could have made a good cartoon show that lasted for years and could make both the studio and marvel a lot of money, but they chose to go the route of kids will watch anything so long as we put it on tv, thus have the cartoon canceled and blight on the world for it ever being made

2) It is very very hard to write a book let alone the animated series where you have a ton of characters that more or less have to have equal time. Unlike the JLU, the Legion characters are not known to the mainstream people so there is a burden of introducing them and their powers.
yes it is a problem, but it can be done the legion of super heroes has a 50 year history when you get the okay to make shows like this the dc vaults are open and you have to the world of legion at your finger tips they could have had a few people who's job was to go threw the comics and work with the writers to make it work, you don't have to use all of the legion stick with a core and trade out once and a while. and to be fair most powers are self explainable, sun boy, shrinking violet, lighting lad, triplicate girl, bouncing boy, you'd have to be one stupid kid not to be get that lighting lad can use lighting

3)All successful animated shows or even comic books have one thing in common. The people doing to have a very solid grasp on the characters and by god it looks like they are having fun. Even if you hated the Teen Titans shows--you have to admit it seemed like they were having fun doing it.
i cant even begin to imagine any one with a good grasp of the teen titans would have worked on that show..as for them having fun i guess you could say that they did if they didn't there heads might have exploded from the the crap they had to work with.. that show was so bad i cant even begin to address it with it not take my whole night explaining my unyielding hatred for it, any who likes the teen titans should hunt the people down who thought that show would be a good idea after what they did to the titans

[/QB][/QUOTE]
here is something to consider as well. When doing a Legion cartoon...where should it begin? I think where the mistake was made initially is that the series started a few years after the Legion inception. What should have been done is this.

I think that "In the Beginning" should have been the series starting point. Instead of the other plot with the Legion being honored, I would have had where some new Legion members are joining. Now, if it was made a 2 part episode then you could have seen the initial wave of Legion members joining(maybe play up as they did after Zero Hour that no everyone is happy to be there).

In doing that you flex some of their powers and have been introduced to the core members better.
i agree that the core members should have had more time into the show i think a good starting point would have been what they did super boy going to the 30th century, like they did in the comic...but i would have like to see that with the core members

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#606239 03/15/08 09:32 PM
Active
Active
The cancelation of the Legion toon further adds to my extreme dislike of Warner Bros. First they completely RUINED the Harry Potter movies, they canceled Teen Titans (sorry, I liked that show), though at least TT had more than two seasons, and now they're canceling one of the only decent and enjoyable Saturday morning cartoons currently on TV.

#606240 03/16/08 10:53 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Teronna:
The cancelation of the Legion toon further adds to my extreme dislike of Warner Bros. First they completely RUINED the Harry Potter movies, they canceled Teen Titans (sorry, I liked that show), though at least TT had more than two seasons, and now they're canceling one of the only decent and enjoyable Saturday morning cartoons currently on TV.
it okay people can like i just don't, i felt they change to many personalty's to fit the show, the tt have tons of members they didn't have to comprise the car to fit the mold they wanted, this is why i loved the legion they did a much better job with that

i wathed 5 min of the cartoon they had on before legion and wow was that real crap, and the johny test show wasnt much better

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#606241 03/16/08 05:31 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by Teronna:
The problem with the Harry Potter movies is that you can't include everything after the first couple of books, because then you are looking at 3.5-4 hour movies. It does appear though that WB has learned their lession since Deathly Hollows (Book 7) will take place over 2 movies.

TT I think is an example of a series that actually did run the course and ended at the right time. JLU could have gone more but after the last episode what could top it?

I like the new Spider-Man series and the Eon Kid thing wasn't bad but not a great lot out there these days.

#606242 04/10/08 07:50 PM
Honorary
Honorary
First off...i'd like to say, Hello fellow LegionWorlders....

I have been away from this web site for quite some time, but when I finally had the chance to go though the "net" again I found out about the Legion "closing shop" I was VERY...VERY, UPSET...but NOT surprised, for when the Batman went off the air I just had a "feeling" that the Legion was soon to follow....
The Legion of Super Heroes has been with us for FIFTY YEARS !!! and without telling MY age, I have been following the Legion for a VERY LONG TIME !!!
But FELLOW LEGION-WORLDERS, like the LSH we must try to stick together and do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO KEEP OUR HEROES ALIVE !!!
LIke human beings televison can reap what they sow....
let me tell you a story about a TV station who (in THEIR infinte wisdom) decided to cancel a little known TV show....
they thought that this was the end of it...
BUT.....
it went into reruns....
year....
after year....
AFTER YEAR....

while developing a fan base, which after some time protested for their show to return....

they ended up with:

SIX MAJOR MOTION PICTURES....
FIVE SPIN-OFF SERIES.....
CONVENTIONS WHICH SPANS THE GLOBE....
MERCHANDISING....
PAPERBACKS....
AND A WORLD-WIDE FAN POWERBASE....
AND....
THE ORGINAL SERIES STILL PLAYS ON....

THEY WOULD NOT BACK-OFF...
THEY WOULD NOT BE DEFEATED....
THEY WOULD NOT BE DENIED....
THEY HAD A SHOW THAT "WOULD NOT DIE".....

STAR TREK LIVES !!!!
(So who's sorry now....)

if we as fellow "LEGIONNAIRES" would stick together...we could follow in their example....

(MY PERSONAL form of protest is boycotting the WB sat. morning line-up...and also signing the petition...)

THE LEGION HAS BEEN WITH US FOR 50 YEARS...
LET'S TAKE IT TO THE NEXT 50 YEARS.....

LONG LIVE THE LEGION !!!
WE ARE LEGION !!!!

mad mad mad mad mad

"This SUPERWOMAN'S call to ACTION...TO GET IT DONE!!!"

"LONG LIVE THE LEGION - 4 - WE ARE LEGION !!!"
#606243 05/03/08 05:37 AM
Applicant
Applicant
I just saw a promo: the changeover happens May 24. They don't even have the decency to wait till the fall.
So long, Kids WB. Nice to have known you. Don't forget to take your knife out of my back on your way out.

Then again, didn’t the comic-book store open early on weekends?
Bart dashed off in a hurry.
Within seconds he was back. Not that early, I guess.
#606244 05/03/08 09:32 AM
Submission Editor at Source Point Press
Originally posted by Evolution Has Failed:
No profanity could ever be vile or shocking enough to express my dismay over this news.
%$#%$#@^#!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I learned plenty.

Upon receiving this news:

...Grife.

#606245 05/03/08 09:33 AM
Oh, a thought.

Dream Crime should become a direct to DVD animated movie, like New Frontier, and such.

#606246 05/03/08 03:06 PM
Active
Active
what's still killing me is...

where are the announcements for any more DVDs at all? If they don't even complete the first season (the remaining missing episodes being by far the best), I'll do some bizarre and ambiguous combination of imploding and exploding.

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,219
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
EmeraldEmperor
EmeraldEmperor
Southern Oklahoma