Roll Call
0 members (), 32 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by razsolo - 05/07/24 01:29 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:35 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legion Lost 6.... (Reviews and Spoilers)
#606839 02/08/12 06:03 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
sucks.

I have never dropped a Legion title before, but today is the day. It's a sad sad day in Legion Land.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
Re: Legion Lost 6.... (Reviews and Spoilers)
#606840 02/08/12 06:45 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Huh? I liked it.

#606841 02/08/12 06:51 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
I actually dropped it last night before I got this issue, but the whole series hasn't done much for me. Don't really care about most of the characters for starters.

#606842 02/08/12 09:31 PM
Active
Active
I also liked it, In fact I'll definitely pick up the trade paperback of this when it comes out.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I liked seeing Gates in action. I'm curious about the general public's reaction to a giant inteligent insect, would an Earth that's already had first contact extra-terrestrial inteligent life be less xenophobic? I'd also like to see Gates reaction to various pest control television commercials IE Black Flag Kills Ants Dead.</span></span>

#606843 02/08/12 10:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
At the moment I'm liking Legion Lost better than LSH.

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#606844 02/08/12 10:20 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Right now, my favorite Legion title is Secret Origins. Too bad it's only a mini.

#606845 02/09/12 01:55 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by googoomuck:
I also liked it, In fact I'll definitely pick up the trade paperback of this when it comes out.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I liked seeing Gates in action. I'm curious about the general public's reaction to a giant inteligent insect, would an Earth that's already had first contact extra-terrestrial inteligent life be less xenophobic? I'd also like to see Gates reaction to various pest control television commercials IE Black Flag Kills Ants Dead.</span></span>
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Yeah, and Men in Black!
lol </span></span>
I get my copy tomorrow, I hope.
I can hardly wait to see Gates again!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#606846 02/09/12 09:26 AM
Active
Active
Jim... we rarely disagree but this is actually my favourite Legion title of all that are out there at the moment. These aren't my favourite Legionnaires either but I am starting to care more for them because of this series.

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#606847 02/09/12 11:51 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
What? You're not allowed to disagree with me, Cargg!

Chameleon Girl is probably my favorite of this team, but I hate what they're doing with her.

#606848 02/09/12 12:37 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
What? You're not allowed to disagree with me, Cargg!

Chameleon Girl is probably my favorite of this team, but I hate what they're doing with her.
Ok we're back in synch cause she is my favourite too and I never used to give her a 2nd thought.

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#606849 02/09/12 02:46 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Whew. What a relief!

#606850 02/09/12 09:27 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
While I wouldn't say this issue made lemonade out of the lemon, it did a decent job of clearing the mess out and setting things up for a new direction. I liked seeing Gates back in action, and I'm curious to see where this goes now (which isn't something I've been able to say yet). The upcoming crossover doesn't give me a good feeling though.

#606851 02/10/12 05:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I still like the title, but it doesn't seem that there's very much going on. Maybe if the team had a genuine agenda or response to the affects of the hypertaxis virus. I guess they've finally accepted that they're not going home so I'd like to see them actually do something proactive instead of just reacting to their circumstances month after month.

The guest star here was also interesting though if only because of what they might be laying the groundwork for.(honestly, I'd rather a crossover with that title than what they have planned)

#606852 02/10/12 05:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I wonder where the Earth organization got a Durlan from and was it a corpse when they got it or did they make it into one?

J'Onn seemed very cold.
Is that a 52 'thing' because he never seemed to be that withdrawn in the past boots, did he?

I hope Gates heals and gets bootiful again.
I'm not very fond of the chicken look.
shake

So, we're back to a fairly clean slate, which is a little saddening.
I was rather looking forward to some of the advertised events, like a possible new relationship in the team and the complications that would cause.

I like the art quite a bit.
I'd just lighten the coloring up, like in Secret Origins, so that what is happening is easier to see.
And I'd still change Dawnstar's outfit.
Oh, and maybe Tellus' hands.

But other than that, I'm a happy camper, pretty much.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#606853 02/10/12 05:49 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Candlelight:
J'Onn seemed very cold.
Is that a 52 'thing' because he never seemed to be that withdrawn in the past boots, did he?
He's been booted out of the JL's history and sent over to be the token DCer in <strike>the Authority</strike> Stormwatch.

Enough to make anyone grumpy.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#606854 02/11/12 08:18 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I like this title but I really like some of these characters. Tyroc and Dawnstar were the first members I got to see join shortly after I started reading Legion so they both have a soft spot in my heart. It's nice to see something different being done with them, or in Tyroc's case, being used at all.

Things I wish we could see:

1. Timber Wolf using more acrobatics

2. Timber Wolf and Dawnstar becoming a couple

3. Other heroes getting involved in the hypertaxis situation ( Yeah, I know it's coming.)

4. Infectious Lass!

#606855 02/11/12 09:53 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I thought Gates was merely injured, but his undamaged hand has only two "fingers" while his damaged one has four. They also look completely different... Am I missing something? I hope the next issue finally reveals what happened to Gates.

Loved seeing Dawnstar kick ass; the debate between Tyroc and Wildfire; and Timber Wolf both kicking ass AND greeting Gates.

And I agree, would love to see Drura join up!

#606856 02/11/12 06:31 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I've paired Dawnstar and Timber Wolf in my thoughts, posts and art projects before, but I've also done the same thing with her and Tyroc.

I'd love to see her with either one of them.

And I really don't want to see Gates morph into a chicken.
shake
Great catch on the hands, IB!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#606857 02/12/12 12:08 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Online Content
Legionnaire!
R
Hmm, I'm kind of glad I had already decided to drop this title after Fabian leaves, because I didn't really love this issue so much. It bugs me to say this because I have been a huge fan of this series since it started, but I just ain't feelin' it no more.

I am really loving Fabian's characterisations of the individual team members and it was great to see them being really effective at what they do for a change, but everything that happened in this issue could easily have been covered in half the pages.

In fact, what has happened over the past 6 issues? Everything that has occurred so far really should have been wrapped up in the first couple of issues. It's not an epic storyline that has taken place, it's just establishing the setting for the series...and you shouldn't need to take half a year of publishing time to establish your heroes' setting.

Alastor has done nothing to endear himself as a recurring villain/antagonist....he's just a plot device with deus ex machina powers. Boring.

I don't know what the deal is with how interconnected the superhuman community of the new DCU is, but this issue's guest star arbitrarily declaring time travel to be a one way thing makes absolutely no sense at all when you consider that he must have picked up Tyroc's memories of Superman having been associated with the Legion when he was younger.

All in all, I feel like this series started off with a bang and then kind of whimpered away towards the end....maybe it's not that surprising though; the Legion being stranded in our time makes for an interesting story every now and then, but I have to question how anyone thought it was going to be enough on its own to sustain an ongoing series....

#606858 02/12/12 04:18 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
The premise had challenges from the beginning, but with editorial cooperation and strong writing, I think it could have rocked hard.

The nature of time travel had to be changed, to keep the Lost team 'lost,' which has ripple effects to titles involving other potential time-travelling characters like Booster Gold or Etrigan.

Alastor has to either be beaten, or remain a recurring threat, with an explanation as to what happens after and / or how his presence interacts with the rest of the DCU. Is he still running around, and, if so, are the Justice League or Stormwatch or NOWHERE or whatever trying to stop him or, at least, stop the plague he's spreading?

The plague itself becomes an issue. If it's randomly mutating people, ideally, with the whole DCU relaunch thingie, various super-characters with powers derived from the hypertaxis plague should be all over the place, perhaps explaining where, for instance, people like Skitter are coming from, or the boom in teenaged metahumans all of a sudden.

It's a great sort of 'shared origin' place to come from, but I'm not sure the rest of the DCU writers were on board with it, making it seem like Marvel, where, for many years, the X-Men seemed to live in a radically different world (where the government regularly sent giant killer robots after it's own citizens) than the Avengers or Fantastic Four (where there were superhero parades and even freaky-looking *mutant* superheroes like the Beast were treated like rock stars and celebrities).

Alastor's power level also doesn't really seem to make much sense. He 'shapechanges so hard it creates a shockwave?' Really?

Watch me put this book down so fast it makes the air catch on fire. Really.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#606859 02/13/12 02:28 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm afraid I won't be able to 'put it down', fast or any other way.
sigh

The Titans/Superboy/LOST/Ravagers crossover would seem to suggest that DC is going to use at least a few of the hypertaxis creations in the rest of their books, or maybe SOME of their other books.
shrug

The virus has been shown to be airborne, and probably touch, but they haven' shown conclusively that anyone passes it along but Alastor, although they probably do or it would be too easy to contain once he was found to be the originator.
It will be interesting to see if J'Onn gets it from Brin and/or Yera.

Also, Alastor might be dangerous, but his morphs aren't that powerful. I mean, against a Martian Manhunter or a Superboy or a etc.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#606860 02/13/12 04:10 PM
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
Originally posted by Reboot:
[b]J'Onn seemed very cold.
He's been booted out of the JL's history and sent over to be the token DCer in <strike>the Authority</strike> Stormwatch.

Enough to make anyone grumpy. [/b]
IMO, Stormwatch is the best new 52 book that I've read so far. And I'm intrigued by Jonn's slight recharacterization and slightly colder and more enigmatic personality.

Just to explain to those who aren't reading that book (yet), Stormwatch is a secret vanguard solely against alien threats. It doesn't belong to any nation, but some sort of mysterious executive committee or somesuch where you have to technically be dead to belong (in fact, nobody outside of the team even knows that it exists). And the group doesn't consider itself to be a superhero team, but a force of "professional" metahumans who don't play at fighting crime as amateurs but rather devote themselves to the serious business of protecting the earth from dire alien threats. Jonzz says that he can play the role of costumed superhero as necessary, but that his true (and clandestine) role in life is to serve Stormwatch.

Anyway, beyond this, I though that the latest issue of Legion Lost was a bit of a improvement over past issues.

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#606861 02/13/12 04:53 PM
in hiding
in hiding
At the risk of going off-topic I have to add that Stormwatch has members with the most original powersets I know of in mainstream comics. Where else can you find: a woman who can (and does) control the world's media; a prince of lies that hides that ability behind the fact that he is the world's greatest swordsman; and my own favorite: a guy in a suit and tie who communicates with (and is dependent on being in or near) cities? Truly unique stuff. I just hope they didn't kill off any of these in favor of more conventional meta types like Apollo (my least favorite cast member).

As far as Legion Lost goes, it is one of those books that I forget almost as soon as I'm done reading it. If I wanted that kind of experience I'd be a Marvel fan, not a Legion fan.

First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. The rest is history.
#606862 02/16/12 12:53 PM
Active
Active
I wonder where the Earth organization got a Durlan from and was it a corpse when they got it or did they make it into one?

A possible DCNu version of Invasion maybe...

Bring back the super-cousins
#606863 02/16/12 01:01 PM
Active
Active
Considering J'onn's past ties with the legion

Bouncing Boy & Duo Damsel's wedding *does that still apply to this legion in the future/past?

- his being RJ Brande in the reboot (that was the original plan)

- his coming to help Mysa at Dream Girl's request in the 5 year gap

...its very interesting to see him with part of the legion here. Other than Superman I think he's the only other member of the 21st century group of heroes to have major contact with them...I think Batman is only after him.

Bring back the super-cousins
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,180
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Suncat
Suncat
Minnesota, USA