Roll Call
2 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Rob-Em), 40 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Rob-Em - 05/06/24 11:21 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by thoth lad - 05/06/24 10:44 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/06/24 07:10 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added EYEFUL ETHEL & SUNSWORD 5 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 06:42 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 06:41 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by razsolo - 05/06/24 05:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 03:05 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What's Going on with the LSH?!?
#610487 12/17/11 09:56 PM
MYG Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Okay, after years of reboots and creative team changes, we finally get "the real" Legion back and to boot, Paul Levitz returns! What more can an avid Legion fan of over 30 years ask for? Then this "52 thing" happens and (somehow it's trickled to the 31st century...I think), and the Legion is beginning to become unrecognizable again! The mini series, written by Levitz himself, is showing flashbacks of a Legion I certainly don't recognize! Lightening Lad didn't have that costume he appears in until years later. Where is his classic, yet corny, caped costume he wore in the early days? That's not the Luornu I knew from "the 60's"!!! Is this an alternate-verse (AGAIN) Legion? Legion Lost is a whole another issue. I just can't wait until they return to the 31st century and be done with it. I don't like the title's setting in the 21st century because the legion just doesn't belong in the here and now! My store sends back copies of the Legion Lost title because it's just not selling and I can;t see it lasting much longer. Folks, we just got "our" Legion back. Lets focus on keeping that on track and making it the great title (it once was) and can be again, especially while we still have Mr. Levitz on board!!!

Long Live the Legion!!!
Re: What's Going on with the LSH?!?
#610488 12/17/11 11:17 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by MYG:
Then this "52 thing" happens and (somehow it's trickled to the 31st century...I think), and the Legion is beginning to become unrecognizable again! The mini series, written by Levitz himself, is showing flashbacks of a Legion I certainly don't recognize...Is this an alternate-verse (AGAIN) Legion?
Yes and no. Someone made the comparison to the v4 #4-6 Glorithverse soft reboot elsewhere and - although Superman hasn't been removed again, despite his vastly altered history - that seems to be the easiest comparison.

Folks, we just got "our" Legion back.
Speak for yourself...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#610489 12/18/11 12:00 PM
K
Active
Active
K
There's really nothing changed post-Flashpoint *except* for the costumes and the changes to other DCU characters that affect the Legion (such as Superman).

#610490 12/18/11 12:55 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
I have a sneaking suspicion that once DC's overlords feel that they've bled the "Nu"-verse for all the sales they possibly can, they'll revert everything to the way it was before. No point in getting worked up about any changes taking place since they'll in the end be nullified/reversed/ignored anyway-- probably sooner than we think, too.

shrug

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#610491 12/18/11 02:41 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by cleome45:
I have a sneaking suspicion that once DC's overlords feel that they've bled the "Nu"-verse for all the sales they possibly can, they'll revert everything to the way it was before.
Or introduce a new Nu-verse for us to all to complain about! wink

#610492 12/18/11 02:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Once the 'Nottaboot' (current continuity) is done, I'm kinda looking forward to the NuNuverse!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#610493 12/18/11 02:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The Nardo-verse.

#610494 12/18/11 03:03 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Power Boy:
The Nardo-verse.
The All-Baseball Continuity!

#610495 12/18/11 03:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The Gorillaverse...

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#610496 12/18/11 03:12 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
The Gender-Reversalverse!

#610497 12/18/11 03:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
2940s Legion!!

#610498 12/18/11 03:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The oh sorry, let's go back two reboots boot. 3 if you're a continuity stickler.

#610499 12/18/11 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
The Gender-Reversalverse!
I've got a (crappy) sketch somewhere I did of the Rule 63!founders. I still want to do an animated-verse fic about them, someday.

(And I'm not going to give Saturn Lad short hair, either. That would be cheating. I think he gets a lot of headaches, though.)

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#610500 12/18/11 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MLLASH classic:
Once the 'Nottaboot' (current continuity) is done, I'm kinda looking forward to the NuNuverse!!
The New Legionverse Hollywood Squares. Or Squared. Or something.

Damn. I wish I still had some beer in the house right now.

#610501 12/18/11 04:36 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by cleome45:
I have a sneaking suspicion that once DC's overlords feel that they've bled the "Nu"-verse for all the sales they possibly can, they'll revert everything to the way it was before. No point in getting worked up about any changes taking place since they'll in the end be nullified/reversed/ignored anyway-- probably sooner than we think, too.

shrug
Not going to happen. Not only (as with Quesada & OMD) have they invested far too much in this, but this whole thing happened because DC sales were in the crapper to start with!

What may well happen is that "deleted" elements start to reappear, like WW's gold emblem/tiara. But a full-scale revert? No.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#610502 12/19/11 03:34 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Reboot:
[b]Folks, we just got "our" Legion back.
Speak for yourself...[/b]
I echo that. I also object to the use of the word "real" as a blanket term - why can't the Postboot and Threeboot be equally valid "real" Legions?

Of course, I understand perfectly well you're speaking for yourself smile Thanks for putting "real" in quotation marks.

I don't see the point in giving these Legionnaires totally new costumes and possibly altering minor details, but then, since we don't know EVERYTHING that happened during the Adventure Era, I don't mind too much. (I do miss seeing those old costumes, though!)

Does anyone know why Elseworlds was discontinued? That was a great way to explore weird situations without messing continuity up for good.

#610503 12/19/11 10:03 AM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#610504 12/19/11 10:06 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Since JSA is supposed to be coming back, set on Earth-2, presumably some version of a multiverse still exists.

#610505 12/19/11 10:12 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by NoLongerLegion:
So, What has happened to the 'Multiverse'? It was destroyed due to the events of 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' and sort-of-kinda restored due to the events of 52. Since neither of these events have occured now, what is the status of the DC 'Multiverse'? Because, with a true Multiverse, whatever version sells best can get it's own book and the other version(s) can appear occasionally as needed without just wiping out everything they did and ignoring it.
Grant Morrison is still writing the "Multiversity" series that will debut next year. It is supposed to explore some of the 52, so the Mulitverse is still there. At least one book in the "New DC" reference events from Crisis as happening (Hawk & Dove). Obviously they didn't play out the "same way", but they haven't been discounted either.

#610506 12/19/11 10:16 AM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#610507 12/19/11 10:20 AM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#610508 12/19/11 10:25 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by NoLongerLegion:
Ok, then IF we have a true Multiverse and maybe get a glimpse of the other versions of the Legion (including the Pre-Crisis Legion) and DC stops reffering to THIS one as the 'real'/'original' Legion.... Then I could care less what they do with it. So far it is alternatingly Boring and Annoying and I think I can live without it IF other choices were still out there.
Well, that's what I've been saying all along. If you're going to have a multiverse, why not have a world that is basically pre-Crisis Earth-1*, and set a "classic" version of the Legion on that? But that seems to be the one world they have no interest in bringing back.

*I'd actually probably go further and have a Silver Age Earth and a Bronze Age Earth, but I'd settle for a "pre-Crisis Earth-1".

#610509 12/19/11 04:31 PM
G
Active
Active
G
*delete*

#610510 12/20/11 03:10 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
[b]
[b]Folks, we just got "our" Legion back.
I echo that. I also object to the use of the word "real" as a blanket term - why can't the Postboot and Threeboot be equally valid "real" Legions?

Of course, I understand perfectly well you're speaking for yourself smile Thanks for putting "real" in quotation marks.[/b]
How's your butt? Those fence splinters must hurt tongue

Does anyone know why Elseworlds was discontinued? That was a great way to explore weird situations without messing continuity up for good.
In a word? Sales. Stuff not set in the main Marvel/DCU almost always sells worse than comparable stuff that IS.

It's one of the main reasons why I think pulling the JSA out of the DCnU is a bad idea - it may start okay, but it's unlikely to be sustainable on E-2...

#610511 12/22/11 09:57 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
[b]
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MYG:
<strong>Folks, we just got "our" Legion back.

Of course, I understand perfectly well you're speaking for yourself smile Thanks for putting "real" in quotation marks.[/b]

</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sorry, it's my Carggite side speaking tongue

Besides, those quotation marks make a BIG difference wink

[b]
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MYG:
<strong>Folks, we just got "our" Legion back.

In a word? Sales. Stuff not set in the main Marvel/DCU almost always sells worse than comparable stuff that IS.

It's one of the main reasons why I think pulling the JSA out of the DCnU is a bad idea - it may start okay, but it's unlikely to be sustainable on E-2...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hear you. Part of the appeal is seeing them heroes interact with one another. Isolating the JSA doesn't sound good.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,159
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Jfposey
Jfposey
Medford, MA