Roll Call
0 members (), 39 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Soooo now that we are gonna need a new Academy class...
#611173 01/31/12 11:18 AM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
Originally posted by razsolo:

I also really dig the idea of Chuck, Lu and Lydda (and XS?) heading off on little missions to investigate Legion parallels....
Perhaps that's why XS hasn't been around. She's been off searching for a parallel Zoe (etc.). Better reason than Levitz just hates the character. tease

#611174 01/31/12 01:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I love the idea of one or more people going out to search for recruits, say, a Marla, Chuck, XS team!

I've always loved Lume , too, and would really enjoy his/her addition to the Legion Acacemy.

I so wish that TPTB would give the Academy their own place in a renewed Adventure title again.
Especially with Phil working on the art.

I'd love him to do an ongoing backup story using the 31st century magic users.
It could be something based on Mysa, Blok, Harlak(sp?) and Glorith with appearances/side stories that include Jeckie, Dragon Mage and even Nura.
sigh

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#611175 01/31/12 08:37 PM
Deputy
Deputy
i like the magic story line!

i know there was a magic wars and i think it be cool to see that come back maybe... i haven't read that story line yet. can anyone tell me if it was any good?

but i had an idea for something like that, now that the Black witch has all of the magic of the Archie legion in her, maybe its fighting to get out... along with Mordur and Zoe's counter part is found in the story.

I'd love to see Lume again as well! he/she had real potential.

i think the search for parallels is a great idea!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
#611176 01/31/12 09:22 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Omni:
i like the magic story line!

i know there was a magic wars and i think it be cool to see that come back maybe... i haven't read that story line yet. can anyone tell me if it was any good?

My review.

#611177 01/31/12 10:06 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Thank you!

#611178 02/02/12 05:22 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
It would be great if someone in the Legion, say Chuck, would remember the casts of the other Legions and make a list of potential parallel members. Perhaps he could send off teams a la Fatal Five to collect them and populate a new generation of cadets.

This might lead to some interesting challenges.

If you check howmanyofme.com, you will find there are 275 Sandy Andersons in the U.S., probably none of whom are this world's "Inferno".

If "Laurel Gand" is as common a name on Daxam as "Jane Smith" (or even "Mei Lee") here on Earth, there might be thousands to sort through.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
#611179 02/02/12 10:21 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Tom Tanner Issue #One:
This might lead to some interesting challenges.

If you check howmanyofme.com, you will find there are 275 Sandy Andersons in the U.S., probably none of whom are this world's "Inferno".
Ah yes, the old 'visitor from the future checks the phone book' tactic!

<Knock, knock>
"Yes?"
"Sarah Conner?"

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#611180 02/02/12 10:27 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I was actually wondering the other day if there were any stories along the lines of "Jay Garrick meets the non-powered Barry Allen of Earth-2" or something like that.

#611181 02/02/12 11:09 AM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
Blok, Dream Girl, Projectra, Glorith, Harmonia (?), maybe even Brainy for witty commentary, gathered to exorcise Mordru, Kinetix, Dragonmage, Amethyst, and whomever else from Mysa with zany, madcap fun ensuing: BAM! Four issue story arch. Mordru captured once and for all, the others having to relearn how their magic works (and their places in the universe) and what do you know...at least four Legion Academy dorm rooms are full.

Levitz, I know you're reading this. Free material here.

Dragonmage Mordru

#611182 02/02/12 04:35 PM
Deputy
Deputy
what if Mordru connects with and merges with his the Archie Legion's and becomes twice as powerful though?

Originally posted by KryptonKid:
Blok, Dream Girl, Projectra, Glorith, Harmonia (?), maybe even Brainy for witty commentary, gathered to exorcise Mordru, Kinetix, Dragonmage, Amethyst, and whomever else from Mysa with zany, madcap fun ensuing: BAM! Four issue story arch. Mordru captured once and for all, the others having to relearn how their magic works (and their places in the universe) and what do you know...at least four Legion Academy dorm rooms are full.

Levitz, I know you're reading this. Free material here.

Dragonmage Mordru
i do like this idea and team to help!

#611183 02/21/12 03:45 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Rereading the recent Academy stories in Adventure, at the end Lu was looking at potential students' files. There was an image of a short-haired blonde girl, and I thought of Thunder - but there was a 5YL character called Rush/Mara Williams who looked like that. Super-speed ability.

In any event, I'd prefer to resolve XS's story and get her in the Legion rather than have a new speedster in the Academy.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#611184 02/21/12 05:40 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I would not mind seeing Gazelle from the 2nd Shooter run show up in the Academy.

I always have thought Kent Shakespere should show up as Doctor Gym'l's assisant. I mean he was medicaly trained, and you would think a someone with his powers would be a great addition to the Doc's team when dealing with super powered patients.

It would be interesting to see the Lost team come across Inferno in the present also. Her and Gates do know each other after all.

#611185 02/21/12 08:57 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Zero Kahn: I would not mind seeing Gazelle from the 2nd Shooter run show up in the Academy.
That's a thought (although I prefer her original more alien appearance). Her being somewhat an overlap with Timber Wolf is no longer an issue, with Timber Wolf being 'lost.'

I wasn't in love with her personality at times, but with Chemical Kid and Dragonwing in the Legion, as well as Harmonia Li (and, formerely, Earth-Man), Giselle's surly attitude is a drop in the bucket.

#611186 02/21/12 10:16 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
My votes for the new Academy class are:
Gear, Kinetix, Catspaw, Babbage, Adonis (son of Apollo), Leeta-88, and that sexy simian Laser Ape.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#611187 02/22/12 04:26 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'd love to have the White Witch back and a new Amethyst and the return of Zoe.
I'd love it too, if when everyone got pulled out, the Mysa and Dragonmage from Zoe's universe emerged from her, as well.

I seriously dislike Gazelle, though I'd like to see a Sizzle, Gear and Turtle Boy in the Academy.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#611188 02/23/12 11:51 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Bring back Quake Kid or Quicksand

#611189 02/23/12 11:57 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Candlelight: I'd like to see a Sizzle, Gear and Turtle Boy in the Academy.
Sizzle has a great power. If she's on a mission team with Lightning Lass or Sun Boy, she could be powered up by them, and even on her own, she could just carry a blaster and shoot herself with it, to 'charge up' and be able to generate light, heat, microwaves, electricity, whatever...

Plus, in the 31st century, most of the bad guys have blasters, if not some sort of actual energy blast powers, so it's not like she'd be short of external charge up opportunities.

It was tucked away somewhere after his introduction, but there was a text blurb about Turtle that rated him as a step below Karate Kid in martial arts ability, suggesting that he's more than just 'that invulnerable kid.'

I wish we'd gotten to see more of him!

You could field, like, *ten teams* out of the interesting Academy recruits, Tryouts rejects, Subs, Wanderers, Lallorians, etc., etc.!

#611190 02/23/12 01:43 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Originally posted by Candlelight:
I'm afraid that I also seriously dislike ape people.
frown
Inside, I am crying...

#611191 02/23/12 01:54 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
I would love to see the Legion (and Academy) expanded to many more characters, however, just as the Legion gets three new ones, there seems to be a move towards some members leaving in turn. The total active roster seems to be stuck at <25 members, with only the occasional glimpse of the inactive ones.

Always wanted to see how a Legion of 50+ members would hold up, with short stories featuring rotating teams and alternating line-ups. Imagine a Roll Call going the entire length of the page!.

#611192 02/23/12 02:46 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I'd like to see the Legion split into a few different sub-teams (like the old days when there was an Avengers West Coast, or an X-Men 'Gold Team' and 'Blue Team').

Instead of trying to maintain a bunch of ongoing series, a group of six to twelve Legionnaires could be assigned to a particular section of the UP, and go on adventures there for a six issue or twelve issue story arc.

The UP, in theory, is a *big* place, so it would make sense for them not to be all bunched up on Earth, possibly *months* away from some of the outer rim territories.

Splitting the Legion up into, say, three teams, and focusing on one team at a time, only gathering *all* of the Legion together for epic events every couple of years, could allow for more in-depth characterization of individual members (as every couple of issues doesn't have to feature cameos by Legionnaires who aren't involved with this particular sub-team).

One of the sub-teams could even be the Espionage Squad! Not only would they have a more local region (being most active in the political heart of the UP, perhaps), but they'd also have a different style and different sorts of plots than the more 'deep space action' teams.

#611193 02/23/12 08:42 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
[b]I'm afraid that I also seriously dislike ape people.
frown
Inside, I am crying...[/b]
I'm sorry KQ, but I had to be honest.
Or not, I guess.
Consider it unsaid.
hug

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#611194 02/23/12 08:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Set:
I'd like to see the Legion split into a few different sub-teams (like the old days when there was an Avengers West Coast, or an X-Men 'Gold Team' and 'Blue Team').

Instead of trying to maintain a bunch of ongoing series, a group of six to twelve Legionnaires could be assigned to a particular section of the UP, and go on adventures there for a six issue or twelve issue story arc.

The UP, in theory, is a *big* place, so it would make sense for them not to be all bunched up on Earth, possibly *months* away from some of the outer rim territories.

Splitting the Legion up into, say, three teams, and focusing on one team at a time, only gathering *all* of the Legion together for epic events every couple of years, could allow for more in-depth characterization of individual members (as every couple of issues doesn't have to feature cameos by Legionnaires who aren't involved with this particular sub-team).

One of the sub-teams could even be the Espionage Squad! Not only would they have a more local region (being most active in the political heart of the UP, perhaps), but they'd also have a different style and different sorts of plots than the more 'deep space action' teams.
Yes, I've always liked the idea of Legion sub-teams.
They would be a wonderful way to establish new books at some time, too, like the Academy in Adventure.
nod

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#611195 02/23/12 08:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Set:

i beleive they tried this in post zero hour days, with Legion of super heroes concentrating on the space station legionaires and then in the Legionaires title was those based on Earth. they were supposed to roate in and out but it never quite worked out that way....

but i do agree that for this legion and having more members that would work great!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Candlelight:
[QB]I'd love to have the White Witch back and a new Amethyst and the return of Zoe.
I'd love it too, if when everyone got pulled out, the Mysa and Dragonmage from Zoe's universe emerged from her, as well.
i also love this idea! i feel like we've all had it! if only Paul would listen!!!!

#611196 02/23/12 09:04 PM
Deputy
Deputy
i believe they tried this in post zero hour days, with Legion of super heroes concentrating on the space station legionnaires and then in the Legionnaires title was those based on Earth. they were supposed to rotate in and out but it never quite worked out that way....

but i do agree that for this legion and having more members that would work great!!!

this part was not supposed to be in the quote part! sorry!

#611197 02/24/12 12:32 AM
in hiding
in hiding
Be careful what you ask for. The first time the idea was tried we got Dr. Mayavale and the Space Circus!

First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. The rest is history.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
thoth lad
thoth lad
Touring Bgtzl and Bgztl with Mxyztplk and Mxyzptlk