Roll Call
1 members (thoth lad, thoth lad), 29 Murran Spies, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 10:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
So whose your favorite cartoon Legionaire?
#613919 04/28/07 06:50 AM
C
Active
OP Offline
Active
C
Just curious.

Please share.

Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p
Re: So whose your favorite cartoon Legionaire?
#613920 04/28/07 07:24 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Each character seems to have a slightly different personality, which makes them really stand apart nicely.

Trip is sprightly and perky and reminds me of a one-woman cheerleading squad. She's fun.

Phantom Girl has a sarcastic, even pessimistic, side, which I also like, but she feels like a less funny version of the cartoon Teen Titans Raven.

Saturn Girl is like a non-entity, I get no reading from her.

Superboy is 'states the obvious' lad, and his platitudes fill me with tepid gray apathy.

Brainy leaves me confused. Sometimes he's an innocent wide-eyed child. Sometimes he's bossy and pushing Lightning Lad around. He hasn't won me over.

Timber Wolf hasn't really impressed me yet. His nature, more than her personality, has 'spoken for him' so far.

Bouncing Boy rocks. I love that he goes from self-doubt to total confidence. He 'bounces' from manic to depressive!

Lightning Lad is 'Impetuous Lad.' He's the cocky one whose big plan consists of 'Get 'em!'

If I had to pick one, I think I'd go for Bouncing Boy. He's been positioned as the lovable loser of the bunch, and I fell for it.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#613921 04/28/07 08:55 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
BouncingBoya

'Nuff said.

#613922 04/28/07 04:08 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Put in another vote for Bouncing Boy from me.

#613923 04/28/07 04:24 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Matter-Eater Lad

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#613924 04/28/07 06:00 PM
Active
Active
Lightning Lad for me, I've been really digging him in the cartoon (and I hate to admit it but I love the scar). I think Lightning Lad is just the funniest because he really does speak before he thinks.

I've also liked what I've seen of Ferro Lad (seems like a great guy) and Colossal Boy (mostly through his exchange with Brainy where Brainy wants him to shrink more and CB makes a crack about the size of Brainy's head or something).

Anyways, I feel that the characters are great in this cartoon as they all are unique but aren't so one note that they are stupid.

Long Live the Legion!
#613925 04/29/07 07:43 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Trips is very cool, and I agree she is like a one-girl cheerleading squad.

Superman is a bit bland.

Brainiac 5, I think has schizophrenia.

Matter-Eater Lad is funny and cool.

Flying through Space Quadrant 5!
#613926 04/29/07 11:09 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My favorite Legionnaire has only been shown briefly (as a Legionnaire) and I haven't formed that great an attraction to any one of the the current crop of characters with screen time.
So far I like all of them but I'm really really really looking forward to seeing Jo Nah get some major play in the future.

#613927 04/29/07 11:49 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I've enjoyed the moments focusing on Lightning Lad and Phantom Girl the most. Bouncing Boy and Triplicate Girl are also a lot of fun and work great together as a leadership team. Those four for now, but I tend to be fickle.

#613928 04/30/07 08:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I have to say its been chuck for me in the cartoon. Without him in that particular role the legion may have fallen flat.

Faithfull
#613929 04/30/07 11:38 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Chuck, then Tinya.

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#613930 04/30/07 12:08 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I would say Chuck and Brainy with the Trips being next.

Chuck's recent character exploration has been just terrific. When the series started I was afraid he'd be played as a joke, but truthfully, none of them have.

Brainy's role has decreased lately, but the series thus far taken as a whole, he's been fascinating. The partiular dynamic with Superboy has been fun.

And Trips...she's just a lot of fun, and I love how her closeness with Chuck is a nod to the old continuity.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#613931 04/30/07 12:14 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Probably Lightning Lad.

Timberwolf I like as well. Colossal Boy, Ferro Lad, and Ultra Boy I want more of!

#613932 04/30/07 03:01 PM
C
Active
OP Offline
Active
C
Can I choose a Sub in my own thread?

Cause I like Porcupine Pete.

Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p
#613933 04/30/07 03:07 PM
Substitute
Substitute
i think i like Brainy best...but i also love Bouncing Boy and Timber-Wolf (is that a whole word?)

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice-cream!
#613934 04/30/07 03:12 PM
Substitute
Substitute
has anyone seen the episode, of the cartoon, where Brainy goes absoulutely crazy? Or do most of you just read the comic?

#613935 05/01/07 02:32 AM
Applicant
Applicant
I've seen all the episodes sans episode 12 and 13. Why?

Flying through Space Quadrant 5!
#613936 05/01/07 02:31 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Episode 7 is so haleriouse(im not sure if i spelt that right) i just love it.

#613937 05/01/07 02:36 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My favorite episode was the Subs by far so I can easily pick all of them. smile

#613938 05/01/07 02:44 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Your right, thats a really good episode.

#613939 05/27/07 12:31 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Dream Girl:
Episode 7 is so haleriouse(im not sure if i spelt that right) i just love it.
Before I read any of the contents of this thread, the answer I chose was Braniaic 5, for exactly the episode you cited ("Brain Drain").

Not only did I think it was hilarious (that's the English spelling, Germans can spell it however they want smile ), but my kids did as well.

I think as far as characterization, the writers definitely made Brainy the most *entertaining* character, even though his powers may not make him a favorite Legionnaire for many...although adding the "giant robot" transformation definitely helps in that department... again for my kids as well, though they were pre-disposed to liking robots already.

Another character my kids found REALLY amusing (I mention them again because I think they are a good litmus test for how the "target audience" - young kids who probably never heard of the Legion before - perceive the show) was Matter-Eater Lad...I hope they feature him prominently in season 2!

Ferro Lad also came off as being very cool...I think they would do well to bring brother Douglas in ...

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
#613940 07/03/07 05:04 PM
Substitute
Substitute
In an attempt to bring this topic back from the dead, I've decided to post my opinions on the characters, which I have hesitated to do for months because 1)There was a thread similar to this a while back and 2)I hate playing favorites(Timberwolf). And again, this is just my take on the characters.

Lightning Lad- In the first couple of episodes, IMHO, Lightning Lad came off as a walking ego who was a few cans short of a six pack(please don't kill me). As the season went on, however, I noticed he did show signs of intelligence and caring(see Chain of Command), and despite his impulsiveness, he always tries to do the right thing. I've also noticed that he sort of has this inferiority complex, like if he feels threatened by someone who might be better than him(Superman, Timberwolf, Mekt, Cosmic Boy, etc.)he's going to pick a fight with that person. Of coarse, he still comes off as a jerk occasionally, which is called on most of the time(especially from Saturn girl). But let's face it, without his attitude, he wouldn't be Lightning Lad.

Saturn girl-I personally think that Saturn girl is an underrated character who doesn't get as much attention as she should. She has this serious, snarky side to her that I like, and yet has this wide capacity for kindness and empathy, which makes her a very loyal teammate and friend. That, and she also has the capacity to kick major ass(see Lightning Storm).

Brainiac 5- Brainy is an interesting character because he's this bossy, neurotic, cynical, 12th level genius and yet still a 13(?)-year-old boy who has this idolization of Superman and desire to be more like everyone else, and can also be a bit immature(see Legacy). The friendship Brainy has with Superman is endearing, even though he keeps many secrets from him and the other legionnares, but usually with good intentions.

Phantom girl- Phantom girl seems to be a favorite among a lot of people who watch the show, and I don't blame them. She's very sarcastic and clever and really knows how to use her powers to kick ass. But like any teenage girl, she's occasionally embarrassed by her mom and is concerned with boys(Well, mostly Ultra-boy, but still).What I like most about her is that she's very determined almost to the point where she comes off as very stubborn.

Bouncing Boy-For about the first half of the season, he was mostly the funny everyman who eats everything, but from that point on he became much more important. He's optimistic, resourceful, and has shown qualities that make him a good leader and hero, but lacks self-confidence.

Timberwolf-Unless you count the "featured" legionnares(Triplicate girl, Cosmic Boy, etc.)Timberwolf has probably been seen the least amount of times this season, so his personality is a bit harder to describe. He's obviously protective of his teammates(see Phantoms)and doesn't speak that often, which makes him mysterious and aloof, and when he does speak he's very straight-forward. What makes him a good character IMO is that on one hand he isn't the happiest person in the galaxy(maybe a bit sullen, even) but on the other he isn't extremely whiny or angsty as most superheroes with dark pasts are(I'm looking at you, Spiderman 3!)I like that he does smile and can even make a joke(see Brain Drain). Hopefully, we'll get some more insight on him in Season 2.

Triplicate girl-She's pretty upbeat and perky, and gives encouragement to Bouncing Boy when he doubts himself, kind of like his own personal cheer squad(but seriously, the Bouncing Boy/Triplicate girl pairing is just adorable). And like most of the legionnares, she makes some smart-ass remarks occasionally. Besides more spotlight on Timberwolf and Saturn girl and the appearance of Chameleon Boy, next season I also want Triplicate girl to be in MORE FIGHT SCENES! Hell, the only time we've seen her really fight was in Man of Tomorrow, and she really kicked some ass in that episode.

Superman-And finally, Superman. This Superman(boy) was shown as awkward and pretty naive from the get-go, which pretty much describes most teenagers. To be honest, I've never been a big fan of Superman in any incarnation, but what makes this Superman interesting is that he's our point of view. Like Superman, we get to know these characters more and more as time goes on. We've seen him learn some of his strengths, weaknesses, and what it means to be a hero. I can't wait to see what the writers do with him in Season 2!

Well, that's about it. Feel free to do...whatever.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
#613941 07/03/07 05:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Fave boys: Bouncing Boy and Lightning Lad. Slowly warming up to Clark and Brainy. Replace Timber Wolf on the core team with Chameleon Boy, Sun Boy or Element Lad. Keep Cosmic Boy, Colossal Boy, Ultra Boy, Matter Eater Lad and Star Boy in the episodes but in recurring, background roles. A Blok episode would be fun, though.

Fave girls: Phantom Girl above all. I like the Trips a lot, too, though they need more to do. Saturn Girl is curiously low profile. She'd better do something really cool soon or make way for Dream Girl. Where the heck is Shadow Lass??

#613942 07/08/07 01:31 PM
Reservist
Reservist
The name of the show should be changed to "Bouncing Boy and the Legion of Super-Heroes", IMO.

So what.
#613943 07/09/07 02:19 AM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Porcupine Pete has stolen my heart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,076
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ibn al-Nezumi
Ibn al-Nezumi
Indojapan, Earth