Roll Call
0 members (), 37 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 09:45 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 08:27 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/07/24 08:07 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Is A Romance Between The Current Brainiac Five And Supergirl, Desireable?
#614432 12/18/09 10:01 PM
Korbal Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
"Braniac and the Legion" teases: Secrets will be revealed, loyalties tested and would-be lovers will be reunited—for the first time?

That would seem to hint that Querl and Kara are finally going to reunited. But can a matchup of their current incarnations do justice to their much beloved (and missed) Silver Age romance? Does the pairing the older arrogant and crotchety Coluan genius with the young flighty Kryptonian heroine of the present seem right?

"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63
Re: Is A Romance Between The Current Brainiac Five And Supergirl, Desireable?
#614433 12/19/09 11:44 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Well he won't be an older arrogant and crotchety coluan genius if the quote is right. It suggests she will date the younger querl thereby re-instating some of those old legion stories thus remaking that beloved romance wholesale. He will know her obviously but she will meet him for the first time. It would suggest he hasn't seen the older supergirl since the start of The Lightning Saga at least because of the red sun issues if they are even still together.

'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com
#614434 12/20/09 04:24 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Is this current Supergirl the one who was with the 3boot Legion for a while? It seems to me that this would be like the JSA Hawks, with Hawkman in love with a former/reincarnated/not quite the same Hawkgirl.

It might play out more as a sad, lost love story - but I'd like to see some spark between them.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#614435 12/20/09 05:00 AM
Substitute
Substitute
That would require B5 to be from pre-crisis earth one though which he could be I guess but I think its going to be more straight forward (if time travel hi jinks are ever straight forward!)

'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com
#614436 12/20/09 09:11 AM
Substitute
Substitute
It's.... complicated.

For a lifetime I've nursed a longing for happiness for Querl & Kara. From the first flutterings of attraction depicted by Jim Mooney to the latest incarnations, they have held out the promise of mutual joy. Kara is bright, effusive, exuberant, and joyful (literally gay), whereas Querl is ascetic, irascible, thoughtful, and contemplative, and yet they are natural complements. At this stage, if B5 is to be considered the (pretty much) same Colu 1 version that we know and (barely) tolerate, and Superette is a newly redefined quasi-Kryptonian survivor... it does smack a bit of "creepy old man lusting after fresh young thang" -- which may not be such a problem for this geezerly elder, but for the under thirty types on this board, it could prove to be a powerful emetic.

#614437 12/20/09 01:07 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
While I read plenty of Legion stuff growing up, my first *real* awareness that Brainy and Kara 'had a thing' was post-Crisis, when he flipped out over her death.

To someone who had been reading the Legion for years, at that point, with neither hide nor hair of Supergirl in sight, it seemed very out of left field, like Superman suddenly having a conniption that Lori Lemaris was getting engaged to some mer-dude, since Supergirl hadn't been an active part of Querl's life during the time I'd been reading.

Obviously, I'm not really 'invested' in their relationship, and with Brainy having been reinvented as a curmudgeonly manipulative jerk in his 40's, and Kara being reinvented as a bubble teenager with impulse control issues and horrible taste in boyfriends, I'm very much in favor of avoiding any connection between the two.

Classic Brainy, if he's even got a sex drive, should hook up with someone adult, whom he can respect in some way (even if the woman he falls for isn't his intellectual equal, she should still have something going on that makes them able to keep up with him, as peers, like Nura or Imra, even if I wouldn't necessarily want to see him paired up with either of those two, specifically).

A Brainy / Sensor pairing might be interesting, conceptually. She's got increased awareness and perceptions, as a result of her new powers, which puts her on a different mental 'level' than the average person, and is 'on the rebound' from a relationship with an intensely physical and spiritual person, which might send her into the cold comfort of someone who is strongly cerebral.

As for Supergirl, the Kara who hangs out with the Teen Titans really has zero ties to the Classic Legion, and I'm not sure she'd fit in with the disheveled and often grumpy and fractious people they've been turned into.

Tying this new Kara with this version of Brainy, just because very different versions of those characters synergized well several decades ago, is, IMO, kinda like hooking up Doctor Midnite and Doctor Light because they are both Doctors.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#614438 12/20/09 03:50 PM
Active
Active
you know how they play in the legion of three world they state that bart was from a AU? i have a feeling that is the only and i mean only way they could refer to it with out it beeing very creepy

i think 'Silver age Kara' is going to be from one of the other worlds and when she crossed forward in time she crossed universes and that how they got together. (super boy did that a few times in the golden age. so there is pretense for it)

That way the love of Brainiac 5's life is still Super girl. they still had that epic- and painful love affair with out cheapening it.

so when the old cranky Brainiac 5 meets young and i want to say airhead Britteny spears wannabe super girl, he could shrug her off cause she is not his kara. just a girl who looks like her. an will make a very mean and possibly nasty come back about how that girl isn't 'his' Kara.

what i want to know if they need to pair him up with a supergirl why not make him hook up with power girl?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions
#614439 12/20/09 07:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Frankly, I'd rather see the return of the Supergirl robot Brainy built.

#614440 12/21/09 11:52 PM
Active
Active
lol you know i did that with my sims2 i retunited brainy and his robot girlfriend....

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,189
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP