Roll Call
0 members (), 60 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/15/24 04:46 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 15 May 24
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:57 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:44 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:44 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes Fansets Pins
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:43 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:43 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:41 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 03:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Season 2 'Core 6'
#614963 05/11/07 03:37 AM
Blacula Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Assuming that the 'core 6' group of Legionnaires that the cartoon revolved around in Season 1 is not necessarily the same in Season 2 - who would you like to see share the spotlight with Superboy in the upcoming season?

Choose 6 from the 17 surviving Legionnaires that we have seen thus far -

Re: The Season 2 'Core 6'
#614964 05/11/07 04:11 PM
Blacula Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Feel free to discuss your choices if you like.

Here are my picks -

1. Bouncing Boy - I really think he was the break-out star of the first season. He has a fun personailty and I'd really like to see how he handles being the leader. The other reason I picked him is because I would love to see them develop a romance between him and Triplicate Girl. And finally, his power just looks so darn cool animated! We definitely have to see more of that.

2. Triplicate Girl - One we didn't get to see much of last season but who still stole every scene she was in. Her power really works in the animated medium too. And having her here with Bouncing Boy means more time for their relationship to develop.

3. Tyroc - I think we need to see a minority Legionnaire front and centre and I think Tyroc is the best fit for it. His power is absolutely MADE for this medium and he could easily fill the hot-headed hot-shot role that every team needs (and that Lightning Lad filled last season).

4. Shrinking Violet - She'd be pretty much filling the Phantom Girl role for this season but I LOVE seeing her power work on screen and would like to get to know more about her personality.

5. Element Lad - Another one who's power looks fantastic animated!

6. Dream Girl - We hardly even saw her in Season 1 but I think she could be the catalyst for a lot of great stories in Season 2. And she's a perfect replacement for Saturn Girl.

Who did you pick?

#614965 05/11/07 07:39 PM
Devil's Advocate
Devil's Advocate
I went with Brainiac Five because every team needs a big brain, Triplicate Girl because she needs more exposure, Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad for their conflicts from last season, and Saturn Girl to pair off with Lightning Lad. I would also keep Bouncing Boy in the background as a leader and to start a relationship with Triplicate Girl, but have Timber Wolf on field missions because of his athleticism.

I also heard that my favorite, Chameleon Boy would appear next season, so I might add him, as well.

Watching television is not an activity.
#614966 05/12/07 03:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Poor Phantom Girl. frown I guess I should have picked her.

Personally, I hope they do away with this "core 7" business and rotate everyone in each episode. Adding more Legionnaires as we go along. *crosses fingers*

#614967 05/12/07 05:36 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I too am against the 'core' concept, but voted in the spirit of things...

My votes were taking into account that Chuck as leader is going to be appearing frequently anyway, plus the original "core" group is sure to make appearances (read: I didn't vote for any of them).

COLOSSAL BOY... needs the exposure, plus good visual power.

DREAM GIRL... needs exposure, make her a fighter.

ELEMENT LAD... needs exposure, VERY powerful.

MATTER-EATER LAD... comic relief, plus is already shaping up to be popular from what I can tell of Season 1.

TRIPLICATE GIRL... SHOULD have been "core" in season 1, got semi-shafted.

TYROC... It's his time.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#614968 05/12/07 05:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Whoa! That's almost exactly how I voted! Although, I think I picked Shrinking Violet over Dream Girl, but it was a tough call.

#614969 05/12/07 07:30 PM
Blacula Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Interesting results so far!

Half the team is clearly outpacing the other half in votes and 4 in particular are racing ahead.

Strangely enough the combined screentime of 2 of those 4 characters in the WHOLE of last season was about 15 seconds!

And one poor Legionnaire hasn't received a single vote yet! frown

Who's who? You'll have to vote and find out!

#614970 05/12/07 07:39 PM
Blacula Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
P.S. Lashy and Nighty -

I agree that the 'Core 6' concept was a big drawback for the first half of the season, but I thought they began to use it pretty well by the end.

Spotlighting 6 Legionnaires at a time while still acknowledging and utilising and occasionally bringing to the forefront the rest of the team is a great way to get to know these characters in depth.

And if they were to rotate that 'Core 6' each season that means we'd have deep characterisations for more than 18 Legionnaires by the end of 3 seasons. That would be a great result IMO.

#614971 05/12/07 07:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If I had cable frown , I'd want some espionage team action. That always seemed to make for good multi-parters. So, not on the list but I'd want Invisible Kid. ANY Invisible Kid.

My choices.

The original core
LL
SG
CB

Braniac because I agree, need a smarter than average bear.

Additional Esp. Team Members
Phantom Girl
Triplicate Girl over Vi because I figure Phantom Girl can do many of the sneaky things Vi can do. but T-Girl let's me cheat on my 6.

#614972 05/13/07 10:35 AM
S
Active
Active
S
I just picked six characters that I like:

Blok
Colossal Boy
Dream Girl
Matter-Eater Lad
Phantom Girl
Shrinking Violet

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#614973 05/13/07 11:41 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
These comments about B5 made me think about the way Lyle was written during the reboot. I'd really like to see Invisible Kid become Brainiac's intellectual rival in the cartoon like he was throughout the "Archie Legion" period. He seemed to enjoy playing the theoretical vs applied sciences rivalry to the hilt and tested himself against the Coluan 12th level intellect at every possible instance.

Man, I know what you mean BB. The scene in Sundown ptII with the Legionnaires sneaking into Takron-Galtos really excited me. It had Espionage Squad written all over it and made me wish really really hard for Lyle Norg to join.

I love Lash's idea of MEL being Season2's comedy relief since Chuck has to be a bit more serious as the Leader this time around and a rotating core team would be fantastic.

Where's Dawnstar? Doesn't every cartoon superhero team need a winged character?

#614974 05/15/07 01:22 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I picked Chuck and Lu, just because I like them.

Brainy, 'cause we can't not have Brainy.

Lightning Lad, 'cause I love his attitude.

Dream Girl, because we didn't see enough of her, and I want to see more!

and some other person that I've already forgotten...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#614975 05/15/07 01:25 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Set:
Brainy, 'cause we can't not have Brainy.
Agreed! I personally feel Brainy's the one absolutely essential Legionnaire to have in the LSH lineup...in any incarnation, cartoon or comic.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#614976 05/17/07 04:56 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
1. Cosmic Boy -- I really like him. I like how he's portrayed in the cartoon. And let's face it, he's my favorite Legionnaire. No denying it.

2. Dream Girl -- A close second in the "favorite" catagory to my boy Cos. I really loved her in the 3boot (and even moderately in the reboot-- the narcolepsy was amusing), and I think she has the potential to be really fun.

3. Bouncing Boy -- Well, for one thing, he's leader now. And he's humorous but not in a laugh at him kinda way. I really think he's good fun and a great character. Chuck for president!

4. Phantom Girl -- She cracks me up. So much dry, "rich girl" attitude but still really fun. I feel like there wasn't enough development with her this season and that bums me out. I think she deserves more of a chance to shine.

5. Triplicate Girl -- Besides the cute interaction with Chuck, I feel like she's a fun, dynamic character to watch. She, too, could use more development and, well... I just love her hair! I can't help myself.

6. Star Boy -- This one's purely me being a geek but I absolutely adore 3boot Thom. He's so sweet and dorky. Besides, Cos might need an apologist, y'know?

Side notes: I really like both Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl (which definitely surprised me), but I was thinking that something along the lines of what happened in the 3boot with them wouldn't hurt. You know, a long mission elsewhere. I'd love to see them back, though-- they're really fun.

I'd also like to see more Matter-Eater action, but I'm just not sure about how practical that is. I know, I know-- it's a cartoon. But, much as I love Tenz, I really enjoyed him in the periphery to establish that he's not a hokey character. Like with that competition episode, for instance. I feel like one more season of that and then Tenz will be primed.

Same goes for Ultra Boy. (Or is it just "Jo Nah"?) I feel like he could develop more on the outskirts before joining in a season three. (Especially if they keep up that Phantom Girl thing-- I don't wanna see a reboot repeat. Eugh!)

As for Brainy... I don't dislike him per se, I just feel like he makes things too easy sometimes. Not to say that I wouldn't want him around. I just think he might be better suited for a less prominent role in the upcoming season.

I have to admit, though, I'd gladly trade most anyone for Superman. He's so... I dunno. I'm not especially attached to him. If I could, I'd gladly take Colossal Boy or Element Lad or Shrinking Violet in his stead. No question.

#614977 05/23/07 10:52 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
No Ultra Boy? He might not have been part of the official line-up, but I'd have voted for him if he were there.

#614978 07/19/07 12:33 PM
Honorary
Honorary
I too would rather see all of these characters somewhat evenly rather than a core 6. I found it very difficult to choose only 6! Anyway...
Brainiac 5-need a genius
Bouncing Boy-comedy relief, self doubting leader
Triplicate Girl-I chose her almost solely for the budding romance with BB. Other than that, there are others I'd rather see.
Saturn Girl-A telepath is very useful, plus I've always had a thing for her.
Lightning Lad-I liked the character, the way he razzed Superboy, and his rivalry with Cosmic Boy.
Phantom Girl-I LOVE Phantom Girl! Plus, I like the spoiled teenager character they've created.
I'd choose Star Boy over Tyroc if we want to add diversity to the crew. M-E Lad does give good comedy relief, but I just can't see him being very useful on most missions.

#614979 07/19/07 12:33 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Wow, I see that Bouncing Boy is winning, and his girlfriend is second! Who says Legion fans aren't romantic? ;-)

#614980 08/04/07 11:49 PM
Blacula Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
OK - With a week to go until this Poll expires it's time to check in and see how everyone's favourites are doing.

But first - Thanks so much to everyone who has voted so far.

At last count we've had a whopping *56 MEMBERS* cast their ballots... which I believe is a really good turn-out for Legion World!

That still leaves another 1179 members who are yet to vote though, so if you haven't yet chosen who you'd like to see star in Season 2 - now's your chance!

Here's a bit of a breakdown to show you how the results are looking so far -

* The results so far really interestingly split the team into 2 roughly equal halves - with one half of the members clearly outdistancing the other half in popularity votes.

* Bouncing Boy is still in the lead, followed by Brainiac 5 and Triplicate Girl, and then Dream Girl and Shrinking Violet, meaning that the Top 5 vote-getters have been almost perfectly consistent since the moment this Poll began.

* Dream Girl and Shrinking Violet's popularity still surprises me considering how little screen time they had in the first season.

* 3 characters share an equal amount of votes for the sixth spot on the team and guess who they are? Yep - Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl. Will any one of the founders get that extra vote that puts them into the coveted last spot of the Core 6?

* But even if your favourite has not been mentioned so far don't give up hope! A number of other characters are tantalisingly close to catching up with all of the above mentioneds, and if the amazing surge in popularity that characters like Blok and Phantom Girl received after their rather poor starts shows anything - it's that this is still anyone's game!

So do your duty Legion Worlders! Get out there and VOTE!

#614981 08/06/07 08:30 AM
G
Applicant
Applicant
G
Colossal Boy - He was kind of in the background for season one, and I think he could be a useful addition to the team.

Shrinking Violet - Ditto

Timber Wolf - He was the only one to have an 'origins episode' so he should be more prominantly featured.

Triplicate - I love her. Her powers are very useful.

Star Boy - He was introduced to us, so he should be used more often.

Phantom Girl - She's great, plus her mom is the reason the police layed off them for the seond half of s1... So she kind of deserves it.

Yeah I had wierd reasons for picking mine, but shhh! XD

Also - Since we know it will be set a few years after season one, Id like for season two to have an older, more confident (But still reletivly useless) Version of the Substitutes.

#614982 08/18/07 05:43 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Mine is going to sound alot like Caliente's but that is only b/c they are some of my favorites as well lol.

Cosmic Boy- One of my favorites and his powers transition amazingly on screen.

Dream Girl- My favorite legionnaire and I would love to see more of her!

Invisible Kid- One of my favorites once again, plus his powers and brains could really help

Colossal Boy- Fun Personality and he is also a favorite of mine

Light Lass- Great Personality, and also her powers would come in handy

Bouncing Boy- He was somewhat of the break out star to me, so I would like to see him back

#614983 09/16/07 04:08 PM
Substitute
Substitute
My core 6 , other than the 2 Supermen, would be:

1. Lightning Lad (He is growing on me)
2. Saturn Girl (Shes so hot)
3. Sun Boy (Feel that the Core six need a
stronger energy wielder, besides if I remeber
correctly he was quite the loose cannon)
4. Cham (since we have to have someone new)
5. Brainey (Strategy is a must)
6. Karate Kid (Training and tactical purposes)

Wish I could add more than six. Hopefully the new season will swap members out more often.

Jin Rai!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,328
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden