Roll Call
0 members (), 35 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 05:19 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 04:22 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 03:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Legion of Super-Heroes #13 Preview/Eventual Discussion
#621894 10/21/12 08:41 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Great seeing Chuck and Luorna again this issue. Lu's reaction to Brainy was right on, and I loved her interaction with Dream Girl. I wonder which females on the team like Nura?

#621895 10/21/12 09:42 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor:
Great seeing Chuck and Luorna again this issue. Lu's reaction to Brainy was right on, and I loved her interaction with Dream Girl. I wonder which females on the team like Nura?
Many of the Legion ladies (Imra, Jeckie, Dawny, Nura, all 'alpha females' in their own way) don't really seem to have any friendships with each other, and the only two who do, Tinya and Shady, are treated to the strange double standard that female friends are somehow 'catty' or 'cliquish,' while male friends, like Thom and Dirk, or Brin and Blok, escape such negative stereotypes.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#621896 10/22/12 11:30 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I have mixed feelings about this issue. I really liked all the charactisation - even Hadru - who having gotten used to be the big fish at the academy is showing how out of his depth he suddenly feels. This is something I've seen with students who have moved to London after being something special in their hometowns and they are shocked by how much they still have to learn. Good to see him start to bite back against Rokk too. Jan was spot on. Wonder if Rokk will take Hadru's admitting he wasn't fully trained up in basics with Lydda?

Not sure if I'm entirely happy with the Comet Queen subplot - surely Brainy could have drafted in Imra or Aven or one of the displaced Titanians? Well, fingers crossed this isn't a subplot that Paul will drag out ad infinitum.

Both Lu and Nura came across as bitches imo. Not that that is a bad thing, just a bit harsher than I expected. Funny how defensive Nura is of Brainy, understandable given that they are both seen as potentially weak Legionnaires as their abilities are cerebral.

Now can we have Ayla, Vi, Shady, Jacques and Tinya get a bit of panel time. I'm over Lu and Chuck already - they can get shipped back to the Academy and do their thing there and make space for the many characters who they are starving of panel space. Sorry, I'm not a huge fan of them despite their handling of the Dominators in 12.

The pirates were fun - about time we saw some Braalians trying to make something of themselves - given that Braal has been shown as a poor downtrodden planet in every 'boot it's a wonder that this hasn't come up before. Potentially their natural abilities could make them invaluable to the UP, so if they aren't being utilised it's no surprise that some of them turn to piracy. Wonder if the woman with the great hair is called Frake?

I really like the grouping of Cham, Jo and Glorith, hope we see a bit more of them together.

The art was far too Dikto-ish for my taste, blocky and awkward looking. It may grow on me but given how spoiled we have been in the last few years with phenomenal artists it's no wonder I'm not really appreciating it.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#621897 10/23/12 04:07 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Not only is Hadru finding himself in a pond the size of Lake Superior now, but he's finding that knowing how to use a chemistry based power requires some knowledge about the science.
And it's one heck of a complicated science!

I don't appreciate Scott Kolins as much as I should, I guess.
I'd pay an extra dollar a book for Jimenez or Coipel or Kitson.
sigh

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#621898 10/26/12 12:13 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Jay Kay:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
[b]
Originally posted by Jay Kay:
[b]

Anyway--is it just me, or was Dream Girl implying that Duplicate Damsel has a thing for Brainy? O_O
I assumed that Nura was referring to Brainy being indirectly responsible for the death of Lu's first body by his invention, Computo. If that story line is still history that is. [/b]
Well, it would probably explain why she's openly hostile towards Brainy, but that wouldn't explain why Nura would say that Lu's feelings towards Brainy are "conflicted." [/b]
Other than their pseudo-flirtation during "The Revolt of the Girl Legionnaires," Brainy and Lu have been shown to be quite close, such as when he consoled her when she "lost" her powers before her wedding, or the touching scene where he left her his force shield belt.

Don't see the point of Paul foisting Tharok into Brainy's spotlight story if he the UP supposedly "executed" the cyborg genius--he must have survived somehow, and is still the top prospect for the person controlling Comet Queen...

"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63
#621899 10/26/12 04:45 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Harbinger:

Now can we have Ayla, Vi, Shady, Jacques and Tinya get a bit of panel time. I'm over Lu and Chuck already - they can get shipped back to the Academy and do their thing there and make space for the many characters who they are starving of panel space.
Agreed. Ditto Lydda, Mysa, Blok, Tenzil, Quislet

Originally posted by Harbinger:

The pirates were fun - about time we saw some Braalians trying to make something of themselves - given that Braal has been shown as a poor downtrodden planet in every 'boot it's a wonder that this hasn't come up before. Potentially their natural abilities could make them invaluable to the UP, so if they aren't being utilised it's no surprise that some of them turn to piracy.
We have seen Braalians a few times - in the Science Police and at Metropolis Spaceport as well as criminals, but by and large there should be more Braalians, Imkians, Talokians etc seen rather than just sentients from random planets

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#621900 10/28/12 07:52 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
^^I thought that was a nice allusion to the the rest of the girl Legionnaires' hating Nura in her first story.

Choice quote from Lu: "I feel sorry for any Legionnaire who has to work with her."
But that was a LONG time ago and Lu was only reacting to Nura pretending to be a snob in order to further her plan to save them. Nura's certainly more than proved herself since then.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#621901 11/06/12 05:31 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Read it yesterday, most definitely had the feel of classic Levitz to it. It seems like LSH is finally starting to get back on track but sales are in the fourth-dimensional crapper... frown

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#621902 11/06/12 04:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Fingers, toes and eyes crossed (which does make typing rather difficult) that with Giffen coming back the storylines will attract more readers. If the book gets cancelled it would be an absolute heartbreaking travesty.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#621903 11/07/12 12:10 AM
Active
Active
I can't imagine DC would cancel this title with Levitz at the helm.

#621904 11/07/12 08:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
enjoyed it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,196
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Shining Son
Shining Son
Manhattan, NY