Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added SUNSWORD 5 May*
by razsolo - 05/04/24 11:08 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legion-Related August 2012 Solicitations and Images
#623168 05/14/12 09:18 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
click to enlarge

LEGION LOST #12
Written by TOM DeFALCO
Art by ANDRES GUINALDO and MARK IRWIN
Cover by AARON KUDER
On sale AUGUST 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• The team devises a plan to save their future by staying alive in the present!
• Will they survive the fight against the METAMERICAN and THE METAMARINES, or lose the battle against each other?

click to enlarge

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #12
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by FRANCIS PORTELA
Cover by STEVE LIGHTLE
On sale AUGUST 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• THE LEGION’S battle against THE DOMINATORS comes to an epic conclusion!
• The fate of COMET QUEEN is revealed.
• Sets up a major cosmic event in issue #13.

click to enlarge

LEGION LOST VOL. 1: RUN FROM TOMORROW TP
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA and TOM DeFALCO
Art by PETE WOODS and MATT CAMP
Cover by PETE WOODS
On sale SEPTEMBER 19 • 160 pg, FC, $14.99 US
• Collecting the present-day LEGION LOST series!
• Stranded in the 21st century, can this cadre of LEGIONNAIRES adjust to a different world?
• Collects LEGION LOST #1-7!

Re: Legion-Related August 2012 Solicitations and Images
#623169 05/14/12 10:14 PM
Leader
Leader
Looks like the Duplicate Girl fodder fest we've all been waiting for.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#623170 05/14/12 10:38 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I wonder who that is to the left of Mon-El, directly below Steve Lightle's little signature plaque. Seems a little buff to be a growed-up Danielle, which would have been my first guess.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#623171 05/15/12 10:56 AM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
That would be Element Lad, after he got toasted by Giant Dominator scream

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#623172 05/15/12 11:33 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
At first glance, it looks like a male, not female to me. Green & red costume?

I'm more amped up for Legion Lost these days than the Legion itself. One of the breakout characters under Defalco's pen so far for me is Tellus--he really seems to be utilizing him better than anyone since the character was first introduced.

#623173 05/16/12 06:59 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
If anyone ever wrote Dawnstar with half the advantages she would need to have to be able to zip around at lightspeed, a fight between her and Timber Wolf wouldn't be anywhere near as one-sided as it initially seems...

Also, the second cover has the right touch of horror and drama that Steve Lightle does so well, but geez..poor Lu! And I wonder who that mysterious gentleman is!

AND WHAT DO THEY MEAN 'THE FATE OF COMET QUEEN'??

Obviously that she's fine and unharmed forever. Obviously. -_-

#623174 05/16/12 04:26 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by razsolo: AND WHAT DO THEY MEAN 'THE FATE OF COMET QUEEN'??
Clearly they are going to introduce to us the Comet that she is the Queen of!

#623175 05/16/12 06:03 PM
Leader
Leader
You mean the one with a cape and four enchanted shoes?

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#623176 05/16/12 07:41 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Set:
I wonder who that is to the left of Mon-El, directly below Steve Lightle's little signature plaque. Seems a little buff to be a growed-up Danielle, which would have been my first guess.
Maybe it's Invisible Kid (Jacques) in a new costume?

#623177 05/16/12 07:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
At least they didn't state that several Legionnaires are good for nothing losers in this solicit!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#623178 05/16/12 08:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Looks like the Duplicate Girl fodder fest we've all been waiting for.
While the image initially turned me off, upon a moment of thinking, I figure it's pretty cool to see Lu in the thick of battle. I am assuming she can summon endless duplicates and some of them likely will be fodder.

What I *HOPE* is explained is that the harming of these duplicates DOES NOT in any way harm Lu-prime or whatever. If it's any other way, I don't see how her body-duplication power could be considered anything but a liability.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#623179 05/23/12 02:23 PM
Leader
Leader
It's M'Winadji, the new recruit introduced in issue nine, alongside Otaki, and that's probably her at the top of the human pyramid, just above Comet Queen, in the two-tone blue costume. .

My question though, I thought we resolved the Dream-Girl-is-NOT-a-blond thing. Do we need to resume with the letters?

#623180 05/27/12 01:38 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I think at this stage we just need to accept that Dreamy's dyed her hair and move on...it always surprised me that her look has been so static for decades anyway, to be honest. If anyone has an in-character reason to be wanting to change her look at the drop of a hat, it's Dreamy....

#623181 06/09/12 04:37 PM
Active
Active
I must say, that Lightle cover is totally tits, darlings!!

#623182 06/25/12 03:02 PM
Applicant
Applicant
I am a little unsure what I think of Lu's endless duplication power. In the past, the connection between the duplicates was extremely intimate and important. The three or two versions of her were part of the same person, and losing one to death was as devestating as the loss of a sister. If the duplicates are expendable, it cheapens the importance of them. I'm not entirely opposed to the mass duplication, after decades of her being incomplete, and ridiculously underpowered, suddenly getting this big power upgrade is a great change in her effectiveness as a Legionere, I just want to the lives of the duplicates to be as vital and treasured as the original three bodies were.

#623183 06/25/12 03:48 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Re: Luornu's power upgrade, I think it's a totally different mechanic, which is why she's not treating the bodies as anything more than convenient extensions.

I think it's telling that she only got this power after having a body die in a different time period....I think she's just accessing quantum duplicates of herself from nearby divergent realities, so it really is just an outside body she controls.

Unless she ever actively rejoins the team though I doubt we're ever gonna get an explanation for what actually happened to make her like this....if nothing else, you'd think Brainy would be curious at least....

#623184 06/25/12 10:30 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by razsolo:
I think it's telling that she only got this power after having a body die in a different time period....I think she's just accessing quantum duplicates of herself from nearby divergent realities, so it really is just an outside body she controls.
On the one hand, I like the idea of Quantum Lu being able to call upon selves from different realities / timelines / alternate universes, but that would suggest that she wouldn't always be calling up *perfect* duplicates of herself, as, in divergent timeline 613, she might have been born male, while in timeline 1724, Cargg was settled by Khunds, and the 'Lu' of that universe is a triplicating Khund amazon cyborg, and in timeline 13, Cargg is a world that pursued sorcery instead of science, and Lu 13 is a one-woman Coven.

On the other hand, that's pretty much opening up a Dial H for Luornu can of worms, and I would rather have Lu inexplicably summoning scads of identical duplicates of herself instead. That's a totally cool enough power (particularly if she's skilled at martial arts, carries a gun, and / or develops the ability to creates or absorb a duplicate at a range greater than touch, making her a strange sort of teleporter).

"I create one of me over there on the other side of that force field we can't get through! Hi me-over-there!" <<waves>> "Me-over-there then re-absorbs me to where she is!" <<bamf>> Ta da! I'm out. Too bad y'all are still stuck..."

Unless she ever actively rejoins the team though I doubt we're ever gonna get an explanation for what actually happened to make her like this....if nothing else, you'd think Brainy would be curious at least....
Brainy's just shockingly in-curious for such a smart guy. Obsessive-time-travel-studying-guy not only doesn't care how Dreamy's precognition works, he finds it annoying. Imra and Garth might have a second kid and it might be Validus? Meh. Matter-Eater Lad is nucking futs, and it's all his fault? Terrible thing, that, must get right on doing absolutely nothing about it, stat. Besides, Dreamy tells me that she's seen the future and that if he stays crazy long enough, his people will elect him to the Senate...

Bismollans. Go figure.

#623185 06/26/12 12:48 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
The "the ability to creates or absorb a duplicate at a range greater than touch" was shown by Postboot Lu in Legionnaires 45 and LSH 91. She was also able to bring small amounts of mass with her - in LSH 91 it was a medikit (through a forcefield no less), and in Legionaires 45 it was the three enemies who were restraining her (konk!!). Your idea brings it a step up though, since it was implied in these appearances that her selves would merge into where the "neutral" body was. That's an upgrade I'd welcome smile

So far the only Legionnaire I can recall a curious Brainy examining is Glorith and her powers. But knowing Brainy, he's probably already examined a lot of the others and just "parked" them for now - or maybe his teammates won't let him examine them? I imagine Dream Girl and Lightning Lad, among others, wouldn't enjoy being poked and prodded tongue

#623186 06/26/12 05:39 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
On the one hand, I like the idea of Quantum Lu being able to call upon selves from different realities / timelines / alternate universes, but that would suggest that she wouldn't always be calling up *perfect* duplicates of herself, as, in divergent timeline 613, she might have been born male, while in timeline 1724, Cargg was settled by Khunds, and the 'Lu' of that universe is a triplicating Khund amazon cyborg, and in timeline 13, Cargg is a world that pursued sorcery instead of science, and Lu 13 is a one-woman Coven.
I did think about that as well, but then I figure if you go with the idea that there is an infinite number of universes (or close enough to infinite for our purposes), then a lot of those must be ones where the only thing that diverged was Luornu hit snooze this morning instead of waking up at the crack of dawn, or Chuck chose the strawberry donut instead of the chocolate for lunch....heaps of minute choices which have no dramatic effect on the path of the universe as a whole, except in possibly a butterfly effect kind of way. So if she is drawing from universes that are identical except for one or two minor changes, she may not even be aware that's what she's doing.

It's not perfect...for example, what happens to the consciousness of the Luornu she summons? And after the events of 52 and Flashpoint, I don't even know if DC's reality works along these lines anyway....I don't think it would need too much to make it work though. smile

Brainy's just shockingly in-curious for such a smart guy.
That he is!! Compare him to someone like say Reed Richards, especially Stan Lee's Reed Richards who singlehandedly discovered most of the remarkable things in the Marvel Universe, and Brainy is a very atypical genius.

The only way this can really work for me is to see Brainy as being SO much smarter than we realise that in his head he pretty much already has all the answers already (or is arrogant enough to think he does) and so there's no practical benefit to him in wasting energy proving what he already considers a fact.

I remember an issue back in the 80's where he casually advised what spell Mysa needed to use to take down the Infinite Man, proving that he knew a lot more about her magic than one would think...and in general he only really seems to ever put his intelligence to practical use when he's forced to. So I think he just values theory way more than practical application of knowledge?

#623187 06/26/12 02:51 PM
Active
Active
I really like the cover art for Legion Lost #12, but I am so over the storyline of them stranded in the 21st century and fighting the military. There needs to be more connections with the rest of the Legion, whether by flashbacks or whatever, otherwise this Legion title will simply become just one more super hero magazine.

#623188 07/05/12 01:42 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
click to enlarge

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #12
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by FRANCIS PORTELA
Cover by STEVE LIGHTLE
On sale AUGUST 15 &#149; 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US &#149; RATED T
&#149; THE LEGION&#146;S battle against THE DOMINATORS comes to an epic conclusion!
&#149; The fate of COMET QUEEN is revealed.
&#149; Sets up a major cosmic event in issue #13.
This cover is SO amazing

#623189 07/05/12 02:56 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Leather Wolf:
I really like the cover art for Legion Lost #12, but I am so over the storyline of them stranded in the 21st century and fighting the military. There needs to be more connections with the rest of the Legion, whether by flashbacks or whatever, otherwise this Legion title will simply become just one more super hero magazine.
That's a good point. One way of exploring how "Lost" these Legionnaires are is by showing the readers just how much better life was in the 30th Century, and also by showing just how much the Legion means to them.

#623190 07/05/12 02:56 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Leather Wolf:
That's a good point. One way of exploring how "Lost" these Legionnaires are is by showing the readers just how much better life was in the 30th Century, and also by showing just how much the Legion means to them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,113
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
String
String
The Bright, Sunny South