Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 37 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
San Diego Comic-Con LSH panel
#627951 07/13/08 12:31 PM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Saturday, July 26

5:00-6:00 Legion of Super-Heroes 50th Anniversary— Fifty years ago, a trio of new super-heroes appeared on the cover of Adventure Comics no. 247. That humble beginning spawned the first great super team of the Silver Age of Comics: The Legion of Super-Heroes. Set in the 30th and 31st centuries of a DC Universe that may—or may not—happen, the Legion captured the hearts and minds of comic fans right from the start. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of this legendary team are DC’s president and publisher—and Legion writer—Paul Levitz, who moderates the panel featuring fellow Legion storytellers Geoff Johns, Colleen Doran, and Comic-Con special guests Mike Grell and Keith Giffen. Room 5AB

My comment: no Shooter??? He will be there and he won't be invited? This is really disrespectful, IMO.

Re: San Diego Comic-Con LSH panel
#627952 07/13/08 01:13 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Just wait until the LMB unleashes itself at this panel. I make no promises about not embarrassing you all with my sordid ways wink

#627953 07/13/08 01:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Geoff Johns = Legion Story Teller?

I don't think that applies so much.

#627954 07/13/08 01:55 PM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Geoff is to write a very critical Legion story, thus I think it applies to this panel.

To whoever goes there: please, someone should stand up and say how great TMK was, and stop all this defensive crap about the best LSH run ever! It seems that every LSH panel Keith is obliged to feel discomforted about his tenure. People seem to be happier with Legion On The Run, according to these panels. This always pisses me off!

And, again, TPTB must correct the fact that Shooter was not invited to this panel. It is unacceptable.

#627955 07/13/08 02:28 PM
strange but not a stranger
Ricardo,

You are making an assumption that Jim Shooter is being kept from this panel. Looking at the Comic Con web site, Jim Shooter is not listed as a guest. It is possible that for reasons of his own, Mr. Shooter is not attending the con and thus not going to be on the panel.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#627956 07/13/08 03:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If Jim not going then why not invite Frances Manapul? is he going to comics convention too?

#627957 07/13/08 03:46 PM
I don't see him on the Special Guest list.

However, neither is Colleen Doran or Paul Levitz. (Although Paul as president of DC is there as part of DC)

Even if the person is going to be at the Con, it is pure speculation that they are being kept off the panel.

And from my experience at con panels, too many people on the panel does not work.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#627958 07/13/08 04:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Someone's gotta ask Giff where EDE and I can e-mail a sample Matter-Eater Lad script to! Cobie I'm looking at you! Oh, and tell Giff I heart him!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#627959 07/13/08 05:39 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Someone needs to ask Paul Levitz if he ever thinks about writing the Legion again one day.

And if he does tell him to give Kieth Giffen a job doing Ambush Bug.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#627960 07/13/08 05:45 PM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Ricardo,

You are making an assumption that Jim Shooter is being kept from this panel. Looking at the Comic Con web site, Jim Shooter is not listed as a guest. It is possible that for reasons of his own, Mr. Shooter is not attending the con and thus not going to be on the panel.
I thought I had read somewhere he would be participating in the SDCC this year, but I might be wrong. However, I still find it strange.

#627961 07/13/08 05:46 PM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
On another topic, wasn't Keith Giffen a DC Comics exclusive? Why is he listed as freelancer?

#627962 07/13/08 07:34 PM
Substitute
Substitute
"12:00-1:00 50 Years of Gay Legion of Super-Heroes Fandom— The fiftieth anniversary of the Legion of Super-Heroes gives the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) fans a reason to celebrate. Join Prism Comics president Roger Klorese, Interlac APA central mailer and HIV + ME cartoonist Chris Companik, and a "legion" of pros and fans in a freewheeling discussion to find out, among other things, which male Legionnaire coveted the name "Light Lass," how Matter Eater Lad consumed whole planets without gaining an ounce, and why removing the pink from Cosmic Boy's costume made him look somehow...gayer. And, what's up with Element Lad?"

For a whole hour? Now that's interesting.

"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.
#627963 07/13/08 07:59 PM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally posted by PenaltyKillah:
"12:00-1:00 50 Years of Gay Legion of Super-Heroes Fandom— The fiftieth anniversary of the Legion of Super-Heroes gives the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) fans a reason to celebrate. Join Prism Comics president Roger Klorese, Interlac APA central mailer and HIV + ME cartoonist Chris Companik, and a "legion" of pros and fans in a freewheeling discussion to find out, among other things, which male Legionnaire coveted the name "Light Lass," how Matter Eater Lad consumed whole planets without gaining an ounce, and why removing the pink from Cosmic Boy's costume made him look somehow...gayer. And, what's up with Element Lad?"

And no Shvaughn Erin???

#627964 07/13/08 08:01 PM
S
Active
Active
S

I think I'm going to have to go to this one, just for curiosity's sake.

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#627965 07/13/08 08:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I hope someone brings up the issue of Saturn Girls wearing of mens briefs. They don't show it, but we all know....

#627966 07/13/08 08:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Ricardo:
[b] "12:00-1:00 50 Years of Gay Legion of Super-Heroes Fandom— The fiftieth anniversary of the Legion of Super-Heroes gives the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) fans a reason to celebrate. Join Prism Comics president Roger Klorese, Interlac APA central mailer and HIV + ME cartoonist Chris Companik, and a "legion" of pros and fans in a freewheeling discussion to find out, among other things, which male Legionnaire coveted the name "Light Lass," how Matter Eater Lad consumed whole planets without gaining an ounce, and why removing the pink from Cosmic Boy's costume made him look somehow...gayer. And, what's up with Element Lad?"

And no Shvaughn Erin??? [/b]
and the Ayla-Vi relationship....it's so sorely missed!!

#627967 07/13/08 11:18 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
[b]
[b] "12:00-1:00 50 Years of Gay Legion of Super-Heroes Fandom— The fiftieth anniversary of the Legion of Super-Heroes gives the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) fans a reason to celebrate. Join Prism Comics president Roger Klorese, Interlac APA central mailer and HIV + ME cartoonist Chris Companik, and a "legion" of pros and fans in a freewheeling discussion to find out, among other things, which male Legionnaire coveted the name "Light Lass," how Matter Eater Lad consumed whole planets without gaining an ounce, and why removing the pink from Cosmic Boy's costume made him look somehow...gayer. And, what's up with Element Lad?"

And no Shvaughn Erin??? [/b]
and the Ayla-Vi relationship....it's so sorely missed!! [/b]
Sprock, what about the obvious? Like reboot Lyle? And Brainy and Supes in the cartoon was a big hint...

"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

#627968 07/14/08 12:36 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Someone's gotta ask Giff where EDE and I can e-mail a sample Matter-Eater Lad script to! Cobie I'm looking at you! Oh, and tell Giff I heart him!
I shall try!

This is of course after I ask Paul Levitz when he thinks Ayla became such a crazy nut-case that she decided it would be amusing to push Magnetic Kid towards suicide? My goal is to ask questions no one in the room would get and somehow they make it on like newsarama or something and some of you read them and start giggling hysterically!

#627969 07/14/08 07:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
and what about Mekt during 5YG/Legion on the Run?

Do they have any plan in who will be gay in the current Legion? think Jim will introduce or out any characters?

#627970 07/15/08 04:46 PM
Active
Active

And, what's up with Element Lad?
i have a suggestion.

#627971 07/20/08 10:37 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
and what about Mekt during 5YG/Legion on the Run?

Do they have any plan in who will be gay in the current Legion? think Jim will introduce or out any characters?
Hell, might as well be all or none. I count 42 possible pairings just for Threeboot.

#627972 07/24/08 04:37 AM
Active
Active
Has anyone considered that maybe the reason Shooter isn't doing these cons is because generally, when he opens his mouth, someone gets offended?

He's kind of frank, brutally honest and he's very opinionated which is why he has found himself at odds with so many people, and rubbed so many folks the wrong way, and you know, I don't think he's ever really intended to piss people off, he's just honest and forthcoming...and this time around he might just want to shut up and write comics and work his way back into the Industry. And stay out of trouble.

He's making himself a hard target...and still trouble has come looking for him because of his rep...if he was giving lots of interviews at these cons, it might be worse. I really think all the guy wants to do is write comics and be in the industry again...and he'd probably like to get futher writing assighments.

Everyone assumes he's pissed off because he's silent...folks, when Shooter is pissed off...he's never silent, he's never ever silent about it. HE's not silent when he's not pissed off, but he's definitely not silent when he is pissed off.

If he was so pissed off he threw away perhaps his last chance in the Industry...believe me, he'd be telling us exactly why and who is to blame for it....he always has before.

#627973 07/24/08 02:14 PM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Not yet the LSH panel, but on the Superman panel, there are some hints on the Legion situation. I am not sure I like them. From Newsarama:

Can you use the Superboy name? Johns: "Superboy-Prime's a different character, we're okay with him. We can't really talk about it, though, that's more of a DC question."

Are you going to play up the relationship between Superman and Superboy-Prime? Johns: 'That's the central focus point of 'Legion of Three-Worlds.'"

My Comment: That explains why it hasn't gone through Legion editorial in the first place. It's a Superman history with a bunch of colorful characters just to give it a hunch.

What's happening with Christopher Kent? Johns: "He was always meant to be around for a finite time. We have plans for him."

After Legion of Three Worlds, are we going to see the Pre-Crisis Legion? Johns: "I can't answer that question. I wish I could."

My comment: I think Geoff would like to work with the Classic Team, but DC might not want to deal with that. But I am feeling more and more that 3boot is somehow here to stay. Wild guess now, but I kind of sense some disappointment on Johns - he seems to have "lost" the battle for the Superboy & LSH title.

#627974 07/24/08 10:08 PM
Ricardo Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
One more tidbit from CBR:

CBR News knew we wouldn't get a true answer, but still we asked, "Will DCU post-'Flash: Rebirth' have room for both Barry Allen and Wally West," Johns responded, "That's a question that's going to be answered in the book. I don't want to get into it yet but I will say there is stuff happening that will feed into 'The Flash: Rebirth' that I am working on right now in both 'Rogues' Revenge' and 'Legion of Three Worlds.'"

#627975 07/24/08 11:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was not present, but apparently a number of Legion fans spoke out at the Superman 70th Anniv panel asking about Legion, and a few more at today's general DCU panel, asking about the future of the Action Legion, and both times responses directed fans to wait for L3W.

Either they are waiting for Sat to make any big announcements, or they are just being tight-lipped. The lack of any Legion freebies at the DC table suggest we just won't get any news at the Con at all.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,110
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Not-So-Bad Lad
Not-So-Bad Lad
The Evil Anti-Moon!!!!