Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by rickshaw1 - 05/02/24 08:47 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: LEGION LOST #7 (preview/reviews)
#629673 03/15/12 10:04 AM
G
Active
Active
G
*poof*

#629674 03/15/12 10:20 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
NNNOOOOO!!
My cute little bug looks hideous as a modified sleestak!
:kidding:

Seriously though, no.

Dragonfly wings like Shikari's, yes.

The teeth must be the hypertaxis rather than Woods artistic capabilites because Gates only has them on one side.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#629675 03/15/12 07:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Oh, Tracker, does Gates actually cocoon?!
He took my admonition!
lol
(Yes, yes, I know I had nothing to do with it.)

Candle, we don't know if Gates actually cocoons. He says, "I just want to wrap myself in a warm cocoon and hibernate for a year or so." Later, Yera mentions that they can "wake Gates if he's needed." So maybe he's just sleeping.

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#629676 03/15/12 10:58 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
I found the scenes with Tellus & the comatose girl quite touching.

#629677 03/16/12 07:44 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Weakest issue to far. It wasn't terrible but it felt like the creative team was treading water until next month's crossover event.

#629678 03/16/12 06:20 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Candlelight: It might just be the writer's 'thing', sort of like Levitz giving Brande the Norwegian Chef's accent.
Wow, how much would I love R.J. Brande with a floppy hat saying stuff like, "Chicken! Bork, bork!"

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#629679 03/16/12 08:01 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yeinger snoorker!
nod

As to the drawings of Gates - on pg6, bottom panel, Gates is turned so that his right side is facing us and he has an amazing amount of what looks like teeth (and a left arm that looks frighteningly humanoid, except for the hand.)

Then on pg 7, first panel on the bottom, he's mostly facing us, and the green eyed/right side lookes like his old black beak, with the fleshed/teethed/white ringed eye is on Gates left.
confused

Be that as it may, I really enjoyed the issue.
The art is lovely and unique looking.
I think the colorist, Anderson, works beautifully with Woods to create a really interesting story.

I agree with Anita, the storyline using Tellus and the girl is touching. I liked that Tellus stayed with her, through it all.

And I'm split on Brin's actions.
If the police had busted the drug dealers, they would have confiscated the money.
Timber Wolf is an authorized lawenforcement agent.
The money will keep the team from having to 'steal' from the food vendors, landlords and merchants whom Tellus has been 'pushing' to supply the team on it's mission.
I don't like him stealing, but I don't really think that he actually did.

Brin's not from Rimbor, originally, Jo is.
I think Brin was shown to have a pack on Rimbor during the reboot era, IIRC.
shrug

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#629680 03/17/12 11:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't mind Brin stealing the money - he seems to understand moral relativity. Is it really any worse than the rest of the team getting free room and board through dishonest means? Brin cut through the BS - I feel that's his thing.

I agree with WILDFIRE that they need to be more proactive. If for no other reason than to make the book more interesting to read!

I still love the art in this book, but the stories don't seem to be amounting to anything.

#629681 03/25/12 02:23 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Yeinger snoorker!
nod

As to the drawings of Gates - on pg6, bottom panel, Gates is turned so that his right side is facing us and he has an amazing amount of what looks like teeth (and a left arm that looks frighteningly humanoid, except for the hand.)

Then on pg 7, first panel on the bottom, he's mostly facing us, and the green eyed/right side lookes like his old black beak, with the fleshed/teethed/white ringed eye is on Gates left.
confused

I'm as concerned as you are with what's going on with Gates. I wonder when the heck we'll find out what happened to him during his absence, and whether he is "evolving" or is just injured.

#629682 03/25/12 04:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
[b]Yeinger snoorker!
nod

confused

I'm as concerned as you are with what's going on with Gates. I wonder when the heck we'll find out what happened to him during his absence, and whether he is "evolving" or is just injured.[/b]
Twice in recent issues a Legionnaire Lost has asked Gates what happened to him in the explosion. And twice Gates' answer has been, "No time now; I'll tell you later."

I would think that the other Legionnaires would have demanded Gates' story immediately, since it pertains to Alastor and the WHOLE REASON THEY'RE LOST.

This, and their "Oops, Alastor got away again" response just makes no sense to me. I assume it's part of the plotting, but it drives me crazy.

The more I read Levitz, the more I think he comes up with ideas from all over the place, like pieces of different jigsaw puzzles, and tries to make them fit into a story. Sometimes there are big holes that never get filled...or pieces that have to be bent out of shape to fit.

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#629683 03/28/12 05:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
While I don't find the series to be horrible, I would much rather have all the Legionnaires back in the future. The 21st Century has more than enough heroes already without adding misplaced Legionnaires to the mix.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#629684 03/28/12 06:28 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Agreed, Spellbinder. It seems like they want to hook more regular DC readers into the Legion-verse with this series, but I'm not sure how effective that will be. I've long been in the camp that wants to see the book pitched more to those who don't already mainline the regular DC books, or even most superhero books in general.

But who ever listens to me? [sulk]

Also, I hate that Gim still thinks his wife is dead. shake

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#629685 03/31/12 11:02 AM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
While I don't find the series to be horrible, I would much rather have all the Legionnaires back in the future. The 21st Century has more than enough heroes already without adding misplaced Legionnaires to the mix.
If that's the only way we can have two ongoing Legion titles, I'm all for keeping Tyroc et al. in the 21st c.

#629686 03/31/12 11:08 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Given the current pacing of the 30th century Legion book, I'm glad that we at least get to see the Lost 7 every month... But why does Gates (and to some extent Yera) always get shoved into the background?

#629687 04/09/12 03:57 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I don't know, darn it!

And Levitz isn't writing LOST, is he?
I took the Gates put off and the Alastor loss to be part of the change over from Fabian to DeFalco.
He's taking them in a different direction, I think, or rather, guess.
shrug

Darn it.
How can you get a book started when the creative team keeps changing?!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#629688 04/09/12 06:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
This is the very first issue of LEGION LOST I have genuinely enjoyed reading.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#629689 04/09/12 07:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And Levitz isn't writing LOST, is he?
I took the Gates put off and the Alastor loss to be part of the change over from Fabian to DeFalco.
Fabian and DeFalco are both Levitz alts, right?

;-)

#629690 04/12/12 12:23 AM
Active
Active
Haven't posted here for a while but reading LL #7 got me all riled-up and I have to vent. I've already pretty much quit the regular Legion title due to it's relatively unimpressive writing. I was keeping up with Legion Lost and thought, for the most part,it wasn't altogether bad. That is, until this issue.

First, I must say I was quite impressed with Aaron Kuder's illustration. It's expressive, balanced, dynamic and easy to follow with a good overall sense of design. I find it highly appealing and I hope to see more of his work in the future. If a comic hung on the strength of the artwork alone, I would surely also hang in there as well.

However, the writing left me flat if not a a mite annoyed. I'm not going to try to discuss the nuances of what character did what because I didn't see much in the way of nuance or subtlety in this issue. What I read seemed derivative of the kind of clunky, out-of-date, formulaic storytelling that turned me awy from comics for a time in the 90s. Hyperbolic, faux-witty exposition, every character dramatically announcing their name, every-other character being a explosive hothead who attacks their teammate, etc., is so tired. Bludgeoning the reader over the head with every last thought-bubble and detail was fine at one time, I suppose. Maybe. Back when a single issue was a self-contained story and the average reader was a pre-teen it was par for the course but it doesn't really work any more. At least not for me. There are so many markedly better and astonishingly good comics out there for me to spend my hard-earned money on, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call it quits with the Legion for now. I take no pleasure in it butI guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope that DC can someday see fit to bless my favorite futuristic heroes the kind of storyteller(s) they deserve.

I hate to sound so harsh about it and I know that every writer isn't an Alan More, Mike Carey, Azzarello or Bendis but hey, that's the competition out there. The bar has long been raised and sadly the Legion franchise has been falling far too short for my taste. Wake me for the next reboot. *sigh*

Is that a moon?
#629691 04/12/12 01:28 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
[b]And Levitz isn't writing LOST, is he?
Fabian and DeFalco are both Levitz alts, right?

;-)[/b]
smile
I'm not sure because I haven't read enough of their work, I'm afraid.

I guess what I dislike most is when the Legion is used to further the characters and storylines of other comics, rather than the stories being about the Legion itself.

Well, along with writers creating new characters rather than reintroducing and using the many characters that they already have available.
shrug

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#629692 04/28/12 07:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Although I'm not opposed to a second Legion title, this just isn't it. The Legion stuck in the 21st Century has just been done several times now. I'm just not feeling it. I would much rather bring these heroes home where they belong. The Legion is big enough for 2 titles, but they belong in the 31st Century. The 21st has enough heroes already.

Oops! I didn't realize I'd already posted this. My bad!

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,084
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden