Roll Call
0 members (), 40 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Ann Hebistand - 05/05/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: DC to reboot all titles in September - what will this mean for LSH?
#629937 06/02/11 12:15 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I like that 3 of the new books feature smart, confident black men -- JL (Cyborg), Mr. Terrific, and Firestorm (Jason Rusch). Looks like life will again imitate Alan Moore, with Captain Atom moving in a Dr. Manhattan direction. Hope that's not a pale imitation of Watchmen.

I'm glad James Robinson isn't writing Hawkman, since I'm not sure I would trust Robinson to write on the bathroom wall these days, although I'm not sure what Tony Daniel brings to the Hawkman party. And I'm really befuddled that Green Arrow seems to have been made back into an exact copy of Batman (orphan, billionaire playboy, fights crime with fancy gadgets). Is this the last hope Green Arrow? That fans will think he's Batman and buy the book by mistake? Nothing really fresh and new about poor Oliver Queen, by this description.

Gail Simone has been hinting on Facebook for months about a secret project with Ethan van Sciver. I don't think I would ever have expected "Firestorm," but Gail's involvement would get me to check it out. (I've NEVER liked Firestorm, BTW, even in "Super Powers" cartoons!)

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#629938 06/02/11 12:27 PM
Active
Active
I actually think they should reboot everything every 20 years or so. That said I think that I'm going use this as an excuse to quit buying new comics. WIth the exception of the LSH I find myself not enjoying the current style of comic book writing. Stories seem to stretched so they can reprint them in hardcover or softcover editions. Each summer we get a big event maxi-series that causes more and more destruction. I'd like to see a year of no more than 2 issue story lines.

#629939 06/02/11 12:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
...Mr. Terrific is being written by the same guy writing Titans.

#629940 06/02/11 01:44 PM
in hiding
in hiding
Originally posted by googoomuck:
I actually think they should reboot everything every 20 years or so.
Nah, they should do it every month. That way every issue of every title is a #1 and sales will skyrocket.

First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. The rest is history.
#629941 06/02/11 02:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If they don't reboot the Legion, does that mean they'll now be "a group of adults inspired by the young heroes of the 21st century?"

#629942 06/02/11 04:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by doublechinner:
I like that 3 of the new books feature smart, confident black men -- JL (Cyborg), Mr. Terrific, and Firestorm (Jason Rusch). Looks like life will again imitate Alan Moore, with Captain Atom moving in a Dr. Manhattan direction. Hope that's not a pale imitation of Watchmen.

dont forget Vixen --- she s in JLI! smile

#629943 06/05/11 12:02 AM
MYG Offline
Active
Active
Thought I'd repost this here since I was a "Johnny come lately" on my original posting regarding this "reboot news"...

Last night (last Friday night) I read about the big plans for DC to reboot (or restart) 52 0f its titles in the late Summer/early Fall. It was stated that creative teams, characters, team rosters, etc will be changed. the new LSH book will be "Legion Lost". Are you FREAKING SERIOUS DC?!?! I will FLIP the (BLANK) OUT if the Legion is rebooted again. After loyally following this title for 31 years through all of the ridiculous reboots and FINALLY being rewarded with the "return" of the original Legion, now I hear that there may be a reboot and it's not even a sure thing Levitz will be back...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? REALLY DC?!? I am finally looking forward to the Legion (or any comic for that matter) each month (twice a month right now with Legion Academy in Adventure) and now this?!? Please tell me that I have my information wrong!
Long Live the Legion? Not so sure anymore!!!

Long Live the Legion!!!
#629944 06/05/11 10:31 AM
Active
Active
How many titles does DC even HAVE... I would think not much more than 52...

So, I am guessing it is almost certain there will be a re-start at #1.

HOWEVER, that does not necessarily mean the continuity has to restart.

I hope.

Otherwise, similar to Myg's sentiments above, I think for many of us this will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
#629945 06/05/11 10:41 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
I'm all for Cosmic Boy going back to his skin-baring Grell costume & Imra back to her pink bikini & platforms, baby!!
Or maybe the Legion'll be de-aged to the original Adventure Comics run!!
That means we'll see cellular-trim rays & planetary chance machines interpreted by today's HOT young artists!!

#629946 06/06/11 08:47 AM
K
Active
Active
K
People are confusing "make the characters younger" with "make things like they were in the past". While making the characters younger occasionally means that some plot elements resemble ones from the past, reboots have not, in general, restored the past.

The example of the Legion makes this obvious: because it's had its own reboots, "making the Legion like the past" means making them older rather than younger (and it's already been done, of course). If the Legion gets rebooted into a fourboot, it's going to be less like the past than it is right now.

#629947 06/06/11 05:35 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Jeepers! I thought it was pretty clear that my post was in jest!!

#629948 06/07/11 03:38 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Jeepers! I thought it was pretty clear that my post was in jest!!
I hope not!! I WANT the trim rays and PC machines back. And brain globes! There could be a three issue subplot on why Tyroc has chosen to return to his original costume (nygellian fever? Universo? laundry day?)

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#629949 06/07/11 03:52 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
I am worried that things are happening to Paul Levitz the same way they happened to Mr. Shooter's latest go-round.

DC editorial seems to be in the bad habit of carelessly changing the ground rules and re-negging on promises behind the backs of these writers. So far, Mr. Levitz has had to deal with the change in issue lengths, the uncertainty of the Adventure title (will it be LSH, or not?) and now the potential reboot of the Legion at the end of this LSV storyline.

Mr. Levitz's writing requires meticulous planning and carefully timed and constructed subplots weaved thru the main stories in order to be successful. Quite frankly, he needs to be left alone to do his thing. Same with Mr. Shooter, although it didn't happen that way and we all saw the result. I fear Mr. Levitz may not last past this reboot, and leave to save his own sanity, if things continue the way they have.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#629950 06/07/11 05:02 PM
S
Active
Active
S
I agree there does seem to be a very real risk that come September there will be a new writer(s) on the Legion books whatever they may be.

Mr Levitz always seems to like the Legion to be in its own little world away from the rest of the DCU which, as publisher, he was always able to do by and large.

Without that level of protection we should expect some changes to come and presumably the level of these changes will have a bearing on whether he is willing to continue or not.

#629951 06/07/11 08:16 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The solicitations for both the August LSH and Adventure issues credit Levitz as writer. Adventure is billed as the final, fatal battle for the Academy freshman class. Legion is advertised as the finale of the LSV story. If Levitz is being replaced, he at least will be finishing his stories.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#629952 06/07/11 09:46 PM
Eager Young Space Cadet
Eager Young Space Cadet
Everything I've read says 52 new #1's of every superhero title DC publishes.

I would have to think that would include the Legion as well.

So, whatever book the Legion ends up with, I hope Levitz does stay on as writer.

"I have a ticket to the moon....but I'd rather see the sunrise...in your eyes"
#629953 06/08/11 09:48 AM
A
Active
Active
A
DC Blog

At least I don't read Teen Titans.

#629954 06/08/11 06:02 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I am surprsied we are getting 2 Legion books out of this. Legion Lost actully looks really good and features a big chunk of my favorite characters. It funny if you look at who is in the book they are all latter addtions to the team.

#629955 06/08/11 07:20 PM
D
Applicant
Applicant
D
I'm way more excited about Legion Lost than the regular LSH title. Look, Tyroc's got a new costume and hair! These are some of my fave characters as well. Should be a fun ride.
I was honestly hoping for a new writer for LSH, but hopefully Paul will use this #1 as a fresh start, get some decent pacing back and amp up the excitement/freshness factor a few notches. He just needs to step out of his comfort zone and push himself as a writer otherwise he's going to lose old and new readers alike. I have faith he can do it though. I am happy to see Portela on the book. He's a unique, exciting artist.
Hoping for the best!

#629956 06/08/11 07:46 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Glad there will still be two legion books although I believe the Legion Lost series is only a mini. I like some of the redesigned uniforms but the the Wildfire redesign is ugly (IMO) It would seem that the Legionnaires will be getting a treatment from the Miracle Machine and going back to their teens, curious how that will work? I wonder if Garth & Imra will still be married? I'm guessing the offspring are gone. I hope Chuck & Lournu are still married, if not look out for Comet Queen

#629957 06/09/11 03:25 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Since Batista said he had a choice of two Legion projects, one 5 issues long and one 6 issues long, it seems like Legion Lost will be a mini-series, and even the LSH title might only be hard-booked for six issues, with sales determining if they are going to extend it.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#629958 06/09/11 08:09 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I'm thinking (hoping?) that the LSH is an actual ongoing and perhaps there is another mini to announced yet with Batista on art. I'm also wondering where Jimenez will end up? He's DC exclusive and hasn't been linked to a new book yet? Perhaps Action with Grant Morrison? OR maybe a legion project for later in the fall

#629959 06/09/11 08:47 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
There's still Adventure Comics to be announced, likely tomorrow with the rest of the Superman comics. There's always the small chance the Legion are somehow involved.

#629960 06/09/11 11:59 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
There's still Adventure Comics to be announced, likely tomorrow with the rest of the Superman comics.
you know what? i know it'll never happen, but i'd absolutely love if adventure comics starred the original superboy, aka the young clark kent.

#629961 06/09/11 12:22 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Me too. nod

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,116
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Copycat Girl
Copycat Girl
Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters.