Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: DC to reboot all titles in September - what will this mean for LSH?
#629962 06/09/11 04:12 PM
Active
Active
According to Gail Simone, all 52 titles are ongoing. What was NOT announced just yet are the mini-series - and Gail and Sturges have hinted at having something in that sense coming up. There might be a Chris Batista mini after all.
Still unconvinced about AGAIN having a Legion lost in the present. It cheapens the franchise, and creates all those problems we've grown used to.

#629963 06/09/11 04:22 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Hmm .... I don't see the Legion Lost being an ongoing and there are quite a few of the new titles that really are better suited for short runs

#629964 06/09/11 04:51 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Ricardo:
According to Gail Simone, all 52 titles are ongoing.
could you please tell me where did she say thet? thanks smile

edit: i think i found it myself http://twitter.com/#!/GailSimone/status/78941370257113089 wink

#629965 06/09/11 05:58 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Fabian is answering questions about Legion Lost here.

He's pretty much sticking to questions about the seven 'lost' Legionnaires, and not about what's going on with the others, or other events, since he's pretty much only wired into what he's doing with his characters.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#629966 06/09/11 07:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Very cool of him to do, and while his answers are what one would expect...it's cool to see him interacting with the fans like that.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#629967 06/09/11 08:40 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Very cool of him to do, and while his answers are what one would expect...it's cool to see him interacting with the fans like that.
Actually, I think he was more open than not. It's interesting he said it will not be a Legion book, and there will be no classic villains/heroes popping up. This would be a fresher idea to this group. And for some reason, it seems very likely they will not be in the same Earth/dimension as the original group. I don't know, it really feels like...

#629968 06/09/11 08:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, I wasn't trying to say that he was avoiding answering things...just that the answers were about what one would expect from someone not wanting to give too much away.

#629969 06/09/11 10:40 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I wish I could read French! One of Olivier Coipel's Facebook friends posted the cover & solit info for the upcoming "Legion Lost" Sept. launch, and from what I could tell Coipel was confused and concerned about it and what it had to do with what he did with the Legion. I saw the word "merde" in there somewhere, so I don't feel like he was too thrilled! laugh

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#629970 06/09/11 11:23 PM
Active
Active
You know that there are websites that translate foreign languages.

#629971 06/10/11 03:38 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
I saw the word "merde" in there somewhere, so I don't feel like he was too thrilled! laugh
he was referring to the whole renumbering stuff, which apparently he didn't know about. he was surprised to read that, that's all.

#629972 06/10/11 06:16 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Well, I like knowing what the actual line-up is for sure.
I'm not crazy about some of the choices, I'd rather have Gates with the Wanderers or the real Legion.
I'll miss Tellus, Brin and Tyroc interating with the Legion, too.

Timelinewise, Gates isn't from the 5 years or less Legion timeline, Grell/Cockrum, so I can see that this reboot thing is going to be a little confusing for me.

I feel bad for Yera, too, since she's married to someone who isn't there.
I also wish that they'd broken up the Wildfire/Dawnstar couple thing.
Maybe, they will.
Fabian didn't answer the dotLEGION question, that I saw anyway, so maybe he'll bring Wildstar into the couple's sphere.
She makes much more sense for Wildfire than Dawnstar, imo.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#629973 06/10/11 07:44 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Oh, fabian unleashes the snark...

>> Question #1. re: Wildfire & Dawnstar: Can we possibly get beyond this issue and find something new about these characters? <<

FN - No. We will try to only rehash the same doomed romantic formula they have been recycling for many years now. There is nothing else to explore in these characters, so that's all we'll do.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#629974 06/10/11 09:39 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
LOL!! Love it!!

#629975 06/13/11 12:46 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Just saw the listing with mini previews sent out to store owners from DC at my local CBS of New Titles that will be released in the reboot. Some interesting choices... Superboy Connor and Supergirl will get their own titles. Also, four Lantern books including Red Lanterns. Deathstroke gets his own title. Not sure if these are planned as mini-series or ongoing.

I did not see Adventure on the list, and didn't get to ask if it was a complete list or not. Sadly, the two Legion titles we know about were dead last in the listing.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#629976 06/13/11 02:38 PM
Active
Active
Hm, another Reboot... what does it mean...

For me personally, it's rather astounding how little this news seems to affect me. Especially considering how devastated I was back in the 90s when the first Reboot hit me - I couldn't believe it for months and hated the first Reboot books very deeply.

Yeah well, I kind of snickered at the Threeboot, and was happy to see it gone even though I liked Shooters run.

I was really happy to get a "very close to the original" legion back and I do like the current run, though I'm missing the smaller moments amidst all the constant fighting - but would I be shocked to see it gone again...

...I kind of feel to say no. Okay so this probably will be not a further "back to Zero" Reboot, but even if it was, I did not grow accustomed enough to the current new/old team to be emotionally touched by its disappearance. This seems a little sad to me - considering that it means that I was far more devastated to see a continuity with Emerald Dragon and Polestar perish than I would be to see a book written by Mister Paul Levitz gone with the wind... hm...

My first thought of course was: "Okay that's it, I quit, good bye DC for good". But I guess this would be a lie. I'm currently buying Legion, GL, JSA and I guess I'll keep those if the Reboot (or whatever) does NOT start with Adam and Eve again. And with the loss of Rebels, JSA All Stars, Generation Lost and Freedom Fighters, I even got free monez to spend on some new stuff... now who will get my money... they will have to work hard for it, Marvel DC, you name them smile

#629977 06/13/11 06:15 PM
Active
Active
Fabian mentions in his Q&A that the Legion Lost group have only been doing the super-hero thing for 5 years or less. Given that Superman and the rest of the DCnu have been de-aged, what does this mean for the Legion? Instead of pushing 30 are they now in their early twenties? Do Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad still have kids? Are they still married? DiDio said the LSH was the most unchanged, but he never said no changes at all. Also, we just had the Supergirl membership/ Brainiac 5 romance thing answered in the Supergirl Annual. Are we back to square one now? There's an all new Supergirl in the DCnu and she doesn't like earthlings. Sigh.

Gorilla Nebula
#629978 06/13/11 06:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, Brainy isn't an Earthling...just saying.

#629979 06/13/11 07:54 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Set:
Oh, fabian unleashes the snark...

>> Question #1. re: Wildfire & Dawnstar: Can we possibly get beyond this issue and find something new about these characters? <<

FN - No. We will try to only rehash the same doomed romantic formula they have been recycling for many years now. There is nothing else to explore in these characters, so that's all we'll do.
smile
Does Fabian know that Dawny had a lesbian relationship with a Thanagarian last time she was in the past, or is that not real anymore?

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#629980 06/14/11 05:08 PM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Originally posted by Set:
[b]Oh, fabian unleashes the snark...

smile
Does Fabian know that Dawny had a lesbian relationship with a Thanagarian last time she was in the past, or is that not real anymore? [/b]
And Karate Kid was a super-villain called Trident. Even for those of us that interpret that relationship as "some wing-on-wing action(!)", we don't need to ascribe same-sex attraction to Dawny's "real" psychological make-up.

But, of course, I'm sitting here being gay all over the place, so I'm not mad attcha!

However, I am not the sort of person begin sentences with conjuntions.

But it would be nice if the much-suffering Wildfire liberated himself from his OCD fixation on Dawnstar. Wildstar is a great suggestion.

Wildfire Wildstar

#629981 06/28/11 09:35 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Previews magazine has one-page art/description of each of the 52 new DC titles in the reboot for Wed June 29 issue. Some interesting and good looking stuff. If you're a Bat-fan, you are the big winner - Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Batwing (an African Batman), Outsiders & Jason Todd, Bats in Justice League International and Justice League, plus I'm sure I'm forgetting a Batsomeone - will all be making the reboot cut.

The two Legion titles are in there - look towards the end...

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#629982 07/01/11 11:32 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Well, Brainy isn't an Earthling...just saying.
Who knows, maybe she looks down on Earthings BECAUSE she's been spending too much time with Brainy.

I asked about the possibility of more Kara /Brainy stories in the Supergirl letters page. I got a reply saying they had no plans at the present. They said that their reunion 'seemed like destiny' or something. Whose fate is that now?

Although, maybe we should have seen this coming. they sorted out Supergirl and the Legion of course it was time for a reboot.

'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com
#629983 07/01/11 11:40 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KryptonKid:
<strong>But it would be nice if the much-suffering Wildfire liberated himself from his OCD fixation on Dawnstar. Wildstar is a great suggestion.

love wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#629984 07/02/11 10:11 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
KryptonKid - Thanks for liking the Wildstar suggestion for Wildfire, although maybe you're refering to someone else's suggestion.
They'd be like some of the couples I've met, and am - Candace and Chuck.
nod

And I wasn't meaning that Fabian should go back to that lesbian relationship.
Dawnstar was shut down mentally in an amnesiac state, after all.
I just meant that Dawnstar has actually stepped outside the box, more than once.

Kid Quislet - Red Hood and the Outsiders.

And POV - on Star Gate Atlantis, we were shown that that was how the Ancients do it, although that's just one option for them, I guess.
smile

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,253
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
AndrewNolan
AndrewNolan
Pennsylvania