Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 05:19 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 04:22 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 03:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 89 of 101 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 100 101
Re: Person Below Me
#644376 11/16/04 03:05 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Realizing I could be agnostic and still get Christmas presents.

PBM, what holiday do we /need/?

#644377 11/16/04 03:14 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
One's birthday should always be a holiday.

PBM, where's your favorite beach?

#644378 11/16/04 03:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Stonehaven, NE Scotland.

It's in a relatively unspoilt or built up natural cove, surrounded by gorgeous green hills and loads of silver granite victorian achitecture of the town, though it's cold and smells if the wind is blowing the wrong way from the passing fishing boats. I grew up a minutes walk from there and every time I return I remember why I used to love it so much. Now if only it was in warmer climes I'd say it was heaven.

PBM, what is your favourite view? (non pervy please laugh )

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#644379 11/16/04 04:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My favorite view was from the terrace of the rooms I and 3 fellows from Germany rented in Santorini, Greece in 1980. Santorini was originally a big round island housing a thriving Minoan city, called Akrotiri. Unfortunately, the island was volcanic and the volcano exploded sinking the center of the island and destroying the Minoan city. Now Santorini is a cresent shaped island with two smaller islands surrounding the caldera. The caldera is the center where the sea rushed in after the volcano sank. The big cresent island has the main town perched on the cliff overlooking the caldera. The volcano has once again risen out of the sea. Our rooms were right on the edge of the cliff looking out over the caldera, the volcano and the beautiful Aegean Sea beyond. It was a magical time.

PBM, what was your best vacation ever?

#644380 11/16/04 04:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
When I was 20 I fell out with my mother so shortly after I was offered a job in Jerusalem. I ran away without telling my family, a week later I called them then went onto spend a wonderful, scary, eye opening seven months there, then returned home to face the music. Although I wouldn't call it a holiday as such it was the start of my bid for freedom, and the first time I'd ever been anywhere withot my family. I loved Jerusalem and it really saddens me to see how it has changed and been destroyed by fundamentalists and self serving politicians.

BTW Semi, I've been to Santorini - I agree that it is quite spectacular!

PBM, did you ever run away from home?

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#644381 11/16/04 06:09 PM
Active
Active
Yes, for about 3 hours. It was one of only a handful of times when I was 16 that I went over to my best friend's house and didn't partake of any intoxicants. My dad accused me of doing so, and I get so pissed off I cussed him out and took off. Mom made him apologize after.

PBM, what was the funniest book you've ever read?

There's room for all God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes!
#644382 11/16/04 06:58 PM
Substitute
Substitute
The Bible.

PBM, Whats the cooler kid classic movie Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory or The Wizard of Oz?

#644383 11/16/04 07:15 PM
Active
Active
Neither. Willy Wonka reminds me of Michael Jackson in a bad way, and flying monkeys creep me out.

PBM, who was the first person you ever had the hots for, either real or fictional. ( Lynda Carter, yazowie!! )

#644384 11/16/04 08:39 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I had something else but then I remembered even earlier "Cartoon Hots" there was Melody from Josie and the pussy cats and Judy Jetson. Mind you I only thought they were pretty I didn't know the ins and outs of the world then.

When was the last time you were naked in public? (Streaking, skinny dipping etc)

:polarboy:
#644385 11/17/04 05:23 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Disregarding boring instances like showering in the gym, it was Halloween. A couple of friends and I were returning home from a bike ride to George Washington's house. We made a brief (or was it briefless) appearance at a favorite gay-friendly watering hole. When my favorite bartender made disparaging remarks about my lack of approporiate costume, I pulled off my bike shorts and shirt and demanded he apologize to the emporer and his tailors.

Does it count, I didn't take off my shoes?

PBM, when do you think you'll be naked in public next?

#644386 11/17/04 07:25 AM
strange but not a stranger
I don't know. It probably will be not until spring at the earliest (if at all)

PBM, will Lad Boy keep flirting with me?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#644387 11/17/04 07:32 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Only until you put out!

PBM whats your most embaressing farting story?

:polarboy:
#644388 11/17/04 12:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It wasn't me, it was my boss, a 70 year old lady (and I use that term loosely). We were in a hearing before a private judge. She kept rolling on one cheek and passing gas in my direction. I wanted to swat her on the back of the head. Instead, I moved so that there were two chairs between us. I almost quit that day. Now I always sit on the opposite side of the table from her if possible. (And don't get me started about how she picks her nose.)

PBM, what was your best experience being stoned or drunk?

#644389 11/17/04 01:25 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
lol....should i really be telling that story here?

PBM, well, should i tell that story?

#644390 11/17/04 01:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
That's the point of the thread. My personal story is so long ago that the statute of limitations has passed.

PBM, I repeat my previous question.

#644391 11/17/04 01:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Running through woods naked in France. First and only time on mushrooms, I did enjoy it at the time and I'm not sure if I really did see it but I thought there were aurora bauriellis (oh how do you spell that? The Northern Lights, yeh?) that night - totally gorgeous.

In hindsight we were being very very silly and put ourselves potentially in a lot of danger. I'm too sensible these days for that sort of behaviour but at 19.. it doesn't bear thinking about really.

PBM, what's your story then?

#644392 11/17/04 02:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I had just turned 18. It was the end of the summer, after I had graduated from high school and the weekend before I left for my first year at university. My best friend and I went camping at the Pinery, a provincial park on Lake Huron. Labour Day weekend was, and probably still is, the big party weekend at the Pinery. On the way up in my friend's car, Al said, "Let's agree that we won't take any drugs." I agreed, since the only time I had ever tried anything before, was a joint that he gave me. Well, we weren't there but an hour before he thrust out his clenched palm and opened it to reveal two pink pills. "Look what I've got." They were calling them "THC" but someone later told me they were horse tranquilizers. Who knows? I was some kind of hallucinogenic. All I remember was walking amongst the trees with a bunch of other stoned people I had just met, our arms around each other, watching the trees melt. They were the greatest group of people that I've never ever seen again. But that evening, there was such a bond. We were all looking towards a major change in our lives and our futures stretched out before us. Anything seemed possible. I still think it was the perfect way to mark the transition from high school and living at home to university and leaving home. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

PBM, what's the riskiest thing you've ever done?

#644393 11/17/04 03:21 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
lol that is the best story semi!

Riskiest fun thing I did was drive out to the middle of the woods on a stormy night and visit an abandon run over cematary that had a supposed witches grave in it. We the "explored" an abandon farm house. I was the scaredy cat b/c none of us could get a signal to our cells. It was risky becasue technically we were tresspassing on private property and you kniow about those country folk and there shotguns!

PBM, same question

#644394 11/17/04 03:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The riskiest thing I ever did was to pet a sleeping shark in a cave during a dive in Tahiti. But I've written about that before, so here's something else. It was 1982 and I was living in Vancouver. My bf and I decided to take a road trip through Washington State and Oregon. On the way, we made a detour to Mt. St. Helens which had erupted 2 years earlier. The landscape was still a wasteland. The roads up the mountain were still blocked by state park barriers, so we drove around the barrier and started driving up the mountain. It was incredibly foggy and we couldn't see a thing - but we pushed on. Finally we realized that for all we knew we could drive off the edge of the mountain at any moment, and so reluctantly, we turned around. It was like being on an alien planet.

PBM, what's the best picture you've ever had taken - and I mean so good that even you want you.

#644395 11/17/04 10:07 PM
Active
Active
I don't know about that last part, Semi, but it was a year ago. My son and I brought our guitars and had an old west style sepia faded-edge picture taken of us playing. He's looking at me with a slightly mischievious grin and I'm smiling back at him. Proud papa moment, definitely. Brainiac53

PBM, what do you consider your greatest triumph over adversity?

#644396 11/18/04 08:14 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I have been half-hoping that someone else would reply, but after four visits to this site, I guess I'll take it.

I was 14. From the time I was seven, I had been physically and sexually abused by a nearby-living family member.

He drove me to school and picked me up. On the Tuesday after Labor Day when I was in the 9th grade, I told him it was all going to stop, and that if he beat me to death for it, he'd being doing us both a favor.

I went inside locked the door, filled the bathtub with hot water, and took out a single edged blade for my father's razor.

I held the blade in my hand for what seemed like hours, crying and desperately distressed.

The phone rang, I got out of the tub to answer it. My mom had called to say she was going to be home late -- I don't know why she called. We were not the kind of family that kept close track of each other.

I put the blade in my father's razor and shaved off my barely perceptible facial hair.

I cut my face near my lip.

The scar is still visible and I recall that day every Labor Day when I shave off my summer goatee.

PBM, have you ever saved a life?

#644397 11/18/04 09:43 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Not directly, but I did talk a friend out of committing suicide when I was 15. I don't think he would have actually gone through with it, I think he just wanted the attention, but who knows what would have happened if I wasn't there.

PBM, what are your plans for Thanksgiving?

#644398 11/18/04 09:57 AM
They are kind of up in the air right now. Normally, I'll go to my Dad's on Wednesday night. Thursday, I'll do the cooking. My sister and her family will come up for dinner. My brother and his family will stop by in the afternoon.

PBM, what is your favorite holiday and why?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#644399 11/18/04 09:58 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
To be thankful for a patient, loving and understanding wife, three beautiful, gifted children, and a circle of friends who balance their compassion and concern for me with just the right amount of ass-kicking.

We'll be having dinner at a neighbors' house, where the Thanksgiving traditions include a standing prime rib roast and Grey Goose shots til the host passes out.

PBM, answer Quislet's question from above, since he quickly slipped in between Loser and me.

#644400 11/18/04 11:34 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Definitely Christmas. It's always been a magical time for me, regardless of what has been going on in my life. It's when the little boy in me re-emerges and believes that anything is possible. This year my sister is visiting. I've already started planning what we will do and have already bought several of her presents. I'm excited to be cooking Christmas dinner for the first time in about 5 years. Usually, I go to the same friends' house every year, but this year I told them I wanted to stay home.

PBM, if you could hold any elected office, what would it be? Consider honestly your strengths and weaknesses when choosing.

Page 89 of 101 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,196
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LegionFan223
LegionFan223
Orando
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star