Roll Call
0 members (), 30 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/06/24 09:13 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/06/24 09:11 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/06/24 07:26 PM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:47 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/06/24 05:06 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/06/24 04:38 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Super Pets Military Campaign HQ
#649311 09/08/05 10:34 PM
Active
Active
Sorry I'm late! I was trapped in a mind loop involving calculus tests. So many numbers... letters... derivatives...

*snaps out of it*

Quick! Who needs freezing? Wait. Invasion? What?!?!

*sends a wide birth attack on anyone and everyone who isn't friend or superpet (including, grudgingly, the monkey)*

#649312 09/08/05 10:55 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Queen Connie! I've sent an SOS to the Office of Security and to Jailbait Lass, who'll relay it to any available Legion Worlders. I'm sorry, but I couldn't find anyone nearby.

(flies down and grabs Stoopid Cat and Hrun)

You two okay? Hope you don't mind my rescue, but it'll be easier on both of you. You were doing fine, though.

Frio's stopped the ticks, but we still don't know where they came from or how they go here.

#649313 09/08/05 10:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Super-Pets, Barbarians, LAM, Ms. Frio. Invisible Brainiac said something about brain-eating ticks from another dimension.

<ducks a flying creature thingy, turns and blasts it turning it into steak and kidney pie filling>

Where are they coming from? I don't think this place is secure. IB don't you think we should fall back to the TEMPORARY COMMAND POST?

#649314 09/08/05 11:35 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Good idea, Tamper Lad. We need to rally the rest of the LMBP, if we can. But there are too many of these things...I have no choice. I'll have to divide my selves again.

(concentrating, IB turns himself into light, then passes himself through the prism that he wears around his neck. He then resolidifies into 7 IBs, each one a different color of the rainbow)

Okay, each of my selves is slightly weaker than I am whole, but it'll do. But we'd better hurry, I can't keep this up for long!

(IB Red and IB Blue stay behind to hold the ticks off, while IB Green, whose personality is closest to the original IB, directs the others)

"Yellow, find Cobalt Kid and the Princess! I don't know where they are, but we need them. They're definitely not at the Security Office, or Cobie would have answered by now. Too many LMBPers are missing as it is. Indigo, hold the ticks off at the Tesseract System. Purple, you go to the Security Office and see if anyone's there. Orange, you're with me. Let's move!"

#649315 09/08/05 11:57 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
IB Blue watches his comrades fly away. He gently touches the minds of his selves through their shared mentl"link", if it can correctly be called such; even though each of them has a different personality, they are the same being. He can feel their shared sense of purpose now.

A burst of rage along the link cuts him off from his musings.
"Blue, what are you waiting for? This is no time to freeze up again!" Red yells from below. "Frio may have put these freaks on ice for the moment, but there are more of them coming. We have to put them on ice permanently, and I can't wait for you!"

"Fine. But just because we're in a crisis, doesn't mean you can let loose with your temper, Red. That's gotten us into a lot of trouble before."

"Whatever. I'm mature enough to know that, and I don't need you to hold my hand. Now shut up and get your ass over here!"

Blue sighed. He was glad Green was the dominant personality; he was the most balanced. Where Red was desperately in need of anger management, he himself was always overly analytical and preferred to hang back and let others act. But that had gotten them into a lot of trouble before, too, and now was not the time.

"Then keep blasting them. More will just get through. I need you to contain them while I scout the area and see if this cave has other entrances. We need to hurry, because if we have to reintegrate before all this is over, it could be a disaster!"

#649316 09/09/05 12:03 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Queen Connie and the rest of the Super Pets, plus Frio, LAM, Hrun and Tamper Lad regroup a short distance away.

"Thanks for the help, TL. Guess you're not so much "evil" as you are a genius. I know you want to head back to the Command Center, but Queen Connie might have another plan of action in mind. I'll stay with her and the Super Pets," Greensays, "whileOrange will stay with Jailbait Lass and make sure she alerts the rest of LW to this invasion."

#649317 09/09/05 12:41 AM
Active
Active
Help meeeee...

#649318 09/09/05 12:42 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
LAM asks: "Where in the cosmos did those infernal white ticks come from? Are they an advanced scout for a possible invasion upon Legion World?" shudder

#649319 09/09/05 01:01 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
*Oh for the days when my good friends Elvg, Ornitho, Psyche, Quantum Queen, Immorto...were still alive*...but in death they gave me life to carry on their work and i will endeavour to do justice to their sacred memories*...(internal monologue, reflecting LAM's inability to abandon his post or his colleagues-in-need)

#649320 09/09/05 03:31 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Mrooooow!

*I fear those lune-i-ticks are from another dimension, LAM. Somehow, they've found an opening into ours. I wouldn't be surprised if PE Lad and NK Lass may have had a hand in providing that opening. If they did, they certainly paid the price for their treason. Green, you got back to us just in time. Thank you. And thank you as well LAM and Frio, your efforts are what turned the tide back there.

Now lets get everyone to this Command Center Green speaks of.

#649321 09/09/05 04:21 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Okay, then let's get to the Command Center . We can plan our next move there.

#649322 09/09/05 07:51 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I guess I missed out here. I'll see everyone at the Command Centre.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#649323 09/09/05 08:28 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
IB Red continues to hold off the ticks at the mouth of the cave.

"Damn, this is starting to get boring. I fry a tick, two more pop up, I fry them again, and repeat. Blue had better hurry up."

(just then, a blast of light energy hits behind him. Red turns to find a dead tick.)

"You'd better be more careful. Lose your head and this battle could be over in a snap."

"I don't need your lectures, Blue. It took you long enough to get here. What's going on?"

"The cave doesn't seem to have another entrance anywhere, so at least we can focus our efforts here. Queen Connie must be right that there's an interdimensional entrance somewhere in the cave, but I don't see how we can get to it by ourselves. Best thing we can do is hold them off until help arrives."

"Which will be when?! I'm sick and tired of waiting. You'd think the LMBP would have gotten here by now! And what do you mean we can't get to it ourselves? We haven't sprocking tried yet, you know."

(Red flies into the heart of the infestation, frying ticks left and right. He almost makes it into the cave, until he comes across a giant tick)

"Damn!"

Red tries to blast the tick, but to no avail. He struggles desperately...

...until Blue rescues him by blasting the tick's eyes. They manage to fly out of the cave again, where Blue blasts above the entrance, causing rubble to fall and block the cave.

"Red. I know you want to redeem youself for the mistakes you- we- have made. But you have to do it rationally. No more letting emotions get in the way."

"Blue, this is as much a part of me as your brainy-ness is part of you. I can't sprocking help it, and you know that. So leave me alone on that, okay? Let's get back to work. Oh... and thanks for the save."

#649324 09/09/05 11:59 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Blue looks up to seeGreen and Indigo arrive on the scene, towing a large, clunky-looking machine.

"Good to see you two. It seems that you have brought the power amplifier along, which would suggest that you plan on creating a permanent shield around this area?"

"That's right. Since there's no way for us to get into the cave and seal the portal that Queen Connie feels must be here, our only alternative is to seal the cave off until we can figure out a way to stop the ticks."

"Downside is, we'll need a lot of power to cover this whole area. The amount we'll use will shorten our separation time. We'll probably only have four hours or so left."

"We don't have a choice, do we? You wouldn't have brought that machine if we did."

"Right, so let's go."

All four IBs focus their light energy into the machine, which amplifies it by a degree of ten. Working together, they strecth the shield around a radius of half a mile around the cave, and cover the sky a mile above. They also manage to stretch it two miles underground, effectively sealing the cave in a bubble.

"Nice work, everyone. Let's head back to the Command Center. I doubt we'll be able to rest long; whoever's behind this is dead serious."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,172
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Gigglebot Girl
Gigglebot Girl
Northumberland
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star