Roll Call
0 members (), 116 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/28/24 03:23 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Was my truce proposal out of line?
#660538 12/12/03 02:46 PM
Reep Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Comments?

Re: Was my truce proposal out of line?
#660539 12/12/03 02:59 PM
Leader
Leader
Reep,

Be like Nike. I mean, "Just Do It!" You don't need a formal truce. If Grey makes a post that you don't like, just ignore it. rest assured, if the post is rude, most of us will be doing the same. Eventually, where the rude posts get no responce, they will abate.

So, please, you do not need to leave. Just let his posts that bug you roll of your back.

#660540 12/12/03 03:10 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Since it was a board owner that deleted your proposal thread (for reasons which I think he made perfectly clear), I think that this is something that you should be taking up with Scott and Gary, Reep.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#660541 12/12/03 03:16 PM
Deputy
Deputy
"Reep is right" - I don't actually believe it this time but it does sound nice doncha think?

Oh well, maybe it's just me then....

#660542 12/12/03 04:18 PM
Reep Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Eventually, where the rude posts get no responce, they will abate.
PB, see this is what everybody doesn't realize about this: Greybird doesn't "abate" if I ignore him. I tried that at DCMB. I stopping responding in total to all his posts. When he realized I wasn't going to defend myself, he saw this as a green light, and just went apeshit, attacking me in almost every other post. It went on for weeks. I'm not exaggerating. This happened. Finally, I had to go on the offense to get him to back him off.

If I ignore him, Greybird will not stop, he will increase his attacks. This is a demonstrated fact. And in Legion World, if I respond and defend myself with even tepid tactics like calling him a "loon," Gary threatens to lock my topic. If I decide to go on the offense, even mildly, I do get my topic locked up.

There is no way for me to deal with it. Whatever I do, I'm fucked.

Therefore, I spent a lot of time and energy working out what I felt was a very fair and reasonable truce to deal with the problem, and Gary refuses to even respond to it. He deletes, he actually deletes the entire topic. WHY? What was so offensive about trying to fairly and rationally deal with this impossible crazy situation?!

Gary still refuses to even admit that Greybird singles me out for attacks. Gary "hints" that he has talked to Greybird, but if Gary doesn't even think Greybird singles me out, why would he "talk" to Greybird about a nonexistant problem?

Do I have any options at all besides quitting? I can't see any.

And I think that's the point: I'm supposed to see that.

My sincere attempt to fairly deal with the problem gets entirely deleted. Primarily it just stated we leave each alone, we stay off each other's topics. This apparently is heinous, repulsive.

Gary obviously now views me as the problem so he shoots the messenger by deleting my entire topic without responding to it. His new topic isn't a response. It's a non-response.

It sure seems like the decision has been made to give me no option but to leave.

And I'm sure this topic will be deleted shortly.

Just like me.

#660543 12/12/03 05:02 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
And Reep, your 'truce' proposal has come off a bit like an ultimatum, which you really aren't in any position to give to Gary or Scott. Neither of those two owe any of us the power to be able to make such public ultimatums, this is their forum, and the fact that they are ultimately the supreme power here is what helps make this forum move so smoothly. Whether anyone can see where you're coming from or not, almost everyone here can see why Gary would be upset when it appears as if he's been offered an ultimatum in his own forum.

#660544 12/12/03 05:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Oh for heaven's sake...

To start with, Grey did not attack you on that thread. He may have made an assumption about your motives, but I would hardly call that an attack. Nor did he ttry to persuade everyone else to not post on that thread, as you tried to claim elsewhere.

Rather than just blow it off, you decided to respond with yet another of the blatantly sarcastic rebuttal posts that you have been using so often lately where Grey is concerned. Make that multiple posts in that thread. Extreme overkill, I think, and posts like that are bound to stir things up.

Now don't get me wrong: Grey and I have been known to butt heads over the years, sometimes very publicly and very loudly. However, I am able to mostly co-exist with him now without causing huge public scenes. It really is NOT that difficult.

Perhaps if you try to respond without highly dramatic, sarcastic posts you'll find it much easier to deal with this.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#660545 12/12/03 05:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wow. I have several opinions on this but I really don't feel like it matters.

This is NOT a democracy. All I know is that I feel uncomfortable reading your posts and Grey's as well, when you are at odds with each other. I feel as if I'm watching something I shouldn't and I don't want to.

I just don't understand why there can't be peaceful co-existance. I'm just here to enjoy myself and seeing the two of you going at it, we it detracts from that.

That is all I have to say.

Touch the magic...
#660546 12/12/03 07:50 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I said it was out of line.

And I don't appreciate this topic as to why look here

This topic is closed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,975
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
superboymddjr
superboymddjr
Hayward, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star