Roll Call
0 members (), 40 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/27/24 08:18 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/27/24 08:14 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/27/24 08:13 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
September 2007 Election Debate
#678563 09/04/07 10:36 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Your questions for candidates here!

Re: September 2007 Election Debate
#678564 09/04/07 11:45 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Candidates:

With a roleplay event beginning to instill itself on the MMB, what do you think of it? Not your opinions on roleplaying itself per se, but what role should the LMB leader have in such an event? While participation is never mandatory, should the LMB leader keep an eye on such events and ensure that there are not too many threads within the MMB at any one time—In other words, editorializing the event by limiting it to 5-6 threads max, or a lesser amount if possible. That’s the established precedent for the last few.

Also – pie vs. cake? Which should be destroyed? Fence riders won’t get my vote.

#678565 09/04/07 02:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Candidates:

What is your position on Pizza with sauces other than tomato-based? Also what is your position on forcing the Barbarian Hrun to eat using the utensils provided, in the manner prescribed by Mrs. Tweedy's Guide to Etiquette 23rd edition.

#678566 09/04/07 02:11 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
I'm not going to ask a question until we get some candidates.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#678567 09/04/07 04:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Candidates: will you continue the peaceful occupation of Greenland, as established by the Cramer-Dedman administration?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#678568 09/05/07 02:24 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
With a roleplay event beginning to instill itself on the MMB, what do you think of it? Not your opinions on roleplaying itself per se, but what role should the LMB leader have in such an event? While participation is never mandatory, should the LMB leader keep an eye on such events and ensure that there are not too many threads within the MMB at any one time—In other words, editorializing the event by limiting it to 5-6 threads max, or a lesser amount if possible. That’s the established precedent for the last few.
I believe most of the roleplay is relatively self-moderating and a leader's participation should be strictly voluntary. However, if the roleplay could benefit from editorializing (is that even a word?), I think it should fall to the forum moderators and not the leader.

As stated in the thread this question spurs from, I choose cake over pie. Mm. Cake. Marie Antoinette was onto something. wink

Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
What is your position on Pizza with sauces other than tomato-based?
I love Papa Murphy's take and bake garlic chicken pizza, which has a non-tomato-based sauce.

Also what is your position on forcing the Barbarian Hrun to eat using the utensils provided, in the manner prescribed by Mrs. Tweedy's Guide to Etiquette 23rd edition.
After his treatment of me, I refuse to discuss anything Hrun. Next question, please.

Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
You're good, Quis. wink

Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Candidates: will you continue the peaceful occupation of Greenland, as established by the Cramer-Dedman administration?
Wait. There's politics involved with the job..? Hm, maybe I should reconsider my application. At any rate, I doubt my administration would change it as we would likely be unconcerned with such matters.

#678569 09/05/07 08:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Candidtates,

what would you do to ensure that each and every LWer attends the San Diego meet-up next summer?

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#678570 09/05/07 10:36 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Candidates:

Who would you cast in the roles of Cobalt Kid and Lard Lad in Legion World: The Musical?

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#678571 09/05/07 10:59 AM
Deputy
Deputy
[qb]With a roleplay event beginning to instill itself on the MMB, what do you think of it? Not your opinions on roleplaying itself per se, but what role should the LMB leader have in such an event? While participation is never mandatory, should the LMB leader keep an eye on such events and ensure that there are not too many threads within the MMB at any one time—In other words, editorializing the event by limiting it to 5-6 threads max, or a lesser amount if possible. That’s the established precedent for the last few.
I believe the leader should clearly and firmly establish rules for each role play event and severely punish those who cannot follow the rules

Another STUPID Question From Cobalt Kid... No Comment...

What is your position on Pizza with sauces other than tomato-based?
Pizza is made with Tomato Based Sauce, Period! Other sauces are used on other foods, not pizza.

Also what is your position on forcing the Barbarian Hrun to eat using the utensils provided, in the manner prescribed by Mrs. Tweedy's Guide to Etiquette 23rd edition.
Once I have been elected the Barbarian will follow all rules, or else...

Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
No Question, No Answer...

No, I shall give Greenland to Frio, to do with as she wishes...

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#678572 09/05/07 11:01 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Candidtates,

what would you do to ensure that each and every LWer attends the San Diego meet-up next summer?
Learn to spell, cretin...

San Diego Attendance is hereby declared Mandatory!

This decree shall be enforced whether I am elected or not!

#678573 09/05/07 11:03 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Candidates:

Who would you cast in the roles of Cobalt Kid and Lard Lad in Legion World: The Musical?
Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis? No Lewis is still alive, so that won't work...

Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy? Perfect!

#678574 09/05/07 01:07 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Funny enough, Concord's answer to that last one pleases this legendary voter!

#678575 09/05/07 01:46 PM
Leader
Leader
Candidates, what are your thoughts on starting a Legion World beautification program?

Let's make Legion World a Pretty Place for Everyone!

#678576 09/05/07 03:29 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
What would you do to ensure that each and every LWer attends the San Diego meet-up next summer?
I can only appeal to each member's sensibilities, promise many fun times and the very distinct possibility of both me and Cobie in a bathing suit. wink

Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane a la The Producers. smile But with more Ferris Bueller for Broderick and less gay for Lane.

Originally posted by Ram Boy:
Candidates, what are your thoughts on starting a Legion World beautification program?

With me as leader, we'd be well on our way. I'm no Crujectra, but I'm still a hot tamale, y'know. smile

#678577 09/05/07 11:49 PM
Deputy
Deputy

Hmmm... Beautification of Legion World?

We could start by making certain legendary posters wear masks...

#678578 09/05/07 11:57 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Caliente:
[b]Who would you cast in the roles of Cobalt Kid and Lard Lad in Legion World: The Musical?
Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane a la The Producers. smile But with more Ferris Bueller for Broderick and less gay for Lane.[/b]
Hmmm...so less gay, and more bisexual?

lol

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#678579 09/06/07 07:39 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Gary Concord, the Ultra Man:
[b] Candidates, what are your thoughts on starting a Legion World beautification program?

Hmmm... Beautification of Legion World?

We could start by making certain legendary posters wear masks... [/b]
I know I'm not legendary by any means, but can I get the white William Shatner one please.
I'll bring my own machete .....
laugh

Hic!
#678580 09/07/07 12:31 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Candidates:

If you could make a tossed salad with five ingredients and a dressing, what ingredients and dressing would they be?

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#678581 09/07/07 02:43 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
If you could make a tossed salad with five ingredients and a dressing, what ingredients and dressing would they be?
Spinach, carrots, baby tomatoes, dried cranberries, and candied walnuts with a vinegarette dressing.

#678582 09/07/07 04:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
1. Candidates, would you please address the on-going issue of pantlessness among the LMB? Should we have a dress code?

2. What will you do for the LMB Senate? (Remember, as potential Leader, you could eventually join this august body, so don't be stingy!)

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#678583 09/07/07 09:46 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Candidates:

With a roleplay event beginning to instill itself on the MMB, what do you think of it? Not your opinions on roleplaying itself per se, but what role should the LMB leader have in such an event? While participation is never mandatory, should the LMB leader keep an eye on such events and ensure that there are not too many threads within the MMB at any one time—In other words, editorializing the event by limiting it to 5-6 threads max, or a lesser amount if possible. That’s the established precedent for the last few..
This stuff really dosen't happen? I am frankly shocked. smile

Seriously though, we are all grownups here and I think everyone here can moderate their own behavior. And if you don't want to particapte, don't but let everyone else have their fun.

Candidates:
Now here is a tough one. I love cake but if I had to chose just one ----pie. Peach Pie, Apple Pie, Boston Cream, Key Lie, Starwberry, Cherry, Choclate...the list could go on and on.

Candidates:

What is your position on Pizza with sauces other than tomato-based? Also what is your position on forcing the Barbarian Hrun to eat using the utensils provided, in the manner prescribed by Mrs. Tweedy's Guide to Etiquette 23rd edition.
I generally like different sauces on pizza for variety. Chicken Spanich Alfredo come to mind. And for Hrun, freedom of expression and culture are improtant. Hrun should do what makes him feel comfortable.

I think it is time for an equally peaceful withdrawl.

Candidtates,

Jim Shooter is back on Legion, we have 'Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes' and a potential 'Legion of Three Worlds.' I don't think we will have a probelm.

Candidates:

Cobie - Zac Efron, Lard Lad - the kid from Superbad.

I think LW is already a great place. But certainly I would love to see more. What do you have in mind?

#678584 09/07/07 09:50 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Candidates:

Field Greens, goat chesse, blue cheese, and grapes. A ginger soy vingerette.

1. Candidates, would you please address the on-going issue of pantlessness among the LMB? Should we have a dress code?

2. What will you do for the LMB Senate? (Remember, as potential Leader, you could eventually join this august body, so don't be stingy!)
Again I belive in Freedom of Expression. So I am not bothered by the pantlessness. Where's Cobie and Lash by the way?

Since I am part of the Senate, I would continue to work with the Senate and not try to control their actions. They should be part of the checks and balances of LW Goverment.

#678585 09/07/07 10:36 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Candidates:

Iceberg Lettuce, Tomatoes, Green Peppers, Onion, Black Olives, topped with Blue Cheese.

#678586 09/07/07 10:39 AM
Deputy
Deputy

Going pantless shall only be allowed when the member in question is wearing a dress or a mini-skirt. Also the member must be appropriately shaved. (Mini-Skirt + Hairy Legs = puke )

The LMBP Senate will return to their rooms and find a one way ticket to Clarksville on their beds.

#678587 09/07/07 10:39 AM
Active
Active
Cobalt Said
All will eat Red meat so the argument is moot my weakling friend

Tamper said
Also what is your position on forcing the Barbarian Hrun to eat using the utensils provided, in the manner prescribed by Mrs. Tweedy's Guide to Etiquette 23rd edition?
Hrun believes only the 15th Edition is cannon and all attempts to make sentient’s abide by the 23rd edition is heresy and will be punished.

Cramer asks

Candidates: will you continue the peaceful occupation of Greenland, as established by the Cramer-Dedman administration
Greenland will continue to be occupied. Whether it remains a peaceful occupation depends on them continuing to accept Celine Dion as a permanent resident.

Caliente states
After his treatment of me, I refuse to discuss anything Hrun. Next question, please.
Hrun believes this fiery lady should be honoured and showered with Jewels and riches.

Once I have been elected the Barbarian will follow all rules, or else...
Hrun throws axe at Concords head!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What would you do to ensure that each and every LWer attends the San Diego meet-up next summer?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can only appeal to each member's sensibilities, promise many fun times and the very distinct possibility of both me and Cobie in a bathing suit.
What is this bathing suit one speaks of? To bathe surely one simply removes all ones cloths?

Let's make Legion World a Pretty Place for Everyone
Hrun will make all posters strip down to loin cloths, cover themselves with oils and wrestle daily until all have fit lithe and supple bodies.

SAL--ad? Sal-ad? What is this thing you speak of? Which animal does it come from and is it good to hunt?

Cramers Asks

Pants are a soft civilized affectation. Barbarian fashion degrees loin clothes for everyone.

The senate is an august and noble body which can discuss many things. Just as long as it does not try to interfere in the running of the Empire, cough, Erm I mean the LMBP.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,967
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star