Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Spring Break!!!!!
#680291 03/25/05 10:57 AM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Wow ... what an odd Spring Break.

I shoulda known something was up when Dad called about a month ago and asked EXACTLY when my Spring Break started, and just how long it was going to last.

Since Spring Break started about 3:30 on Friday the 18th, things have been, well, typical, for me, I guess.

Friday night I passed out from sheer exhaustion.

Saturday, I went out to the country. (Where I took some of those pictures on the "Show Me Your Country" thread!!)

Sunday, I came to my parents' house to take Dad to meet my brother.

Monday, my brother had surgery to repair a shoulder.

Tuesday, Dad had a meeting with the doctor that was going to work on him.
Tuesday night, I got a call from a friend of mine that told me she had a job opening for me, and if I was interested, I needed to apply, and she wouldn't promote the position heavily outside the school. The job would be about half a step down from what I'm doing, which means more time programming, and less responsibility. AND it's about 7.5 miles away from my city house, as opposed to 75 miles away, like my current job. The pay is a little less than what I'm making now, but with the increase in gas prices, there shouldn't be too many adjustments to be made. Yet.

Wednesday, Dad had surgery on his heart. He's an ultimate over-achiever. He's got too many impulses firing in his heart, so it's continually out of rythm. He went in about two years ago, and they stopped his heart and shocked it back in rythm, and it seemed to work for a while. But his last checkup, about two months ago, showed that it was beating all wacky again. So they could either up his medication, or have this procedure performed. It turns out that the risks and side-effects from this procedure are actually considerably less than just upping his medication. So what they did on Wednesday was to burn out a bunch of the extra impulses in his heart. ("Minor surgery" my butt!!!!) Anyway, the operation took about two hours longer than they expected, and they found the left side of his heart to be a little larger than what they expected. But other than that, things seem to have gone great!!

Thursday I stopped by to talk to my pastor about the new job opportunity. I think I'm more confused now than ever. But it's nice to know a preacher is human. He said a not nice word while telling me of a conversation between him and his best friend. He said it was okay ... preachers could talk that way to each other. wink From there, I headed out to the Antique Rose Emporium. It's a wonderful place with all kinds of displays of roses and plants. It's also got a great reputation for being quiet, and a lot of people go out there simply for some peace and quiet and to do some meditation. So I headed out there and did a lot of praying. Then wound up buying a Graham Thomas TeaTime rose bush for Grandmother (her maiden name is "Graham"). I also picked up a Lady Lavender rose bush for me - I LOVE lavender roses. I also found a Green Rose bush. It's a bit different, but when the roses begin to "fade," they change from green to a dark copper, and my boss says it's absolutely gorgeous!! So I was happy to find one. And the scent of that rose it a bit unusual ... sort of like a muted cracked black pepper scent. smile After that, I talked to my brother (he was doing great ... just pissed that he couldn't do anything), Mom (she was happy to find a track to walk around ... Dad and David were wearing her out), and Dad. Turns out Dad started running a fever on Thursday. The doctor thinks it's because he was under for longer than what they expected.

Friday (today), I got a call from Mom. The doctor was supposed to come by and release Dad at 10:00 or so this morning. They're BOTH anxious to get home. Then I ran Grandmother to the grocery stores and post office. I dug up a tree stump. And I bugged the dogs.

This wasn't exactly the way I had my Spring Break envisioned a month ago.
But I've been able to spend it with Grandmother, and that's nothing unusual. However, when Mom and Dad get home, I think I'm gonna head back to MY house in Bryan for today, then load up and go to the country tomorrow.

I need to work on the old clunker computer I have. I ordered new memory for it on Monday, installed it on Tuesday here at my parents, and loaded SuSE Linux on it about three times to resolve a couple of issues. Still can't get the blasted thing to recognize my zip drive, but it DOES recognize my jump drive, so the zip drive may be unnecessary.

Y'know ... I've had a pretty good Spring Break.

How 'bout you?

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.
Re: Spring Break!!!!!
#680292 03/25/05 11:12 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
"Break"? confused

What's THAT? lol wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#680293 03/26/05 06:30 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No breaks here.

If anything, work should be gearing up even more soon. And outside is cold and wet and gray. So much for the start of our Cherry Blossom season.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Dad and bro, Beagz.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#680294 03/26/05 03:20 PM
Active
Active
Hey B-

Sounds like you need to go back to work for you break.
I am glad to hear that your family is doing well I will keep em in my prayers.

Looking for Earth Prime.
#680295 03/26/05 09:20 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Well, I spent today out in the country. I kinda figured I sorta deserved a little "me" time.

I ATTEMPTED to clean out the flower beds out front. But I DID trim the lantana back BIG TIME!! I even went through most of the bags of clothes I had inside the house. HOLY MACKEREL!!! I've got a TON of jeans!!!!! GOOD GRIEF!! I've got even more shirts than jeans!!!

I had a nice day today. Even if I did forget my cell phone. smile So I literally disappeared from the world. It was nice. A bit unusual, but nice.

So tomorrow, I am heading back to spend Easter with Mom, Dad and Grandmother. That's just a tradition that's come about since college for me. And I'm looking forward to that.

I think that on Monday, I'm going to try to see "Robots." It looks like a fun movie. wink

OH YEAH ...
I am SO not askin' dad about where they went in to work on his heart again!!!! I asked him that yesterday, and he dropped trou ... AND UNDERWEAR!! (HEY ... If I had to suffer through it, so do you people!!!)

I spoke with him tonight, though, and he seemed to be feeling better. Just wiped. And I suppose that's understandable.

Thanks for the prayers and wishes.
>blush<
This is an incredible family. I'm lucky I've got you. Otherwise I'd be worse than I am now.
*HUGZ* to you all!!!

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Luck Lad
Luck Lad
Vancouver, BC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star