Roll Call
2 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Comics_Archeology), 54 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/13/24 03:29 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: FIVE FACES OF DEATH presents the Search for Varalent!
#688486 10/08/07 01:41 PM
Substitute
Substitute
No! I want some answers first! You make it sound as if you won't ever get the chance to explain this to me. I can't accept that. Tell me...for once tell me the truth!

You say you are my father. So you're saying that you slept with Mom? Does Dad know? How could you? How could you do that and act as if it had never happened?

Pol ~ The kid with the magnetic personality !
#688487 10/08/07 01:43 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Pol...there is no time. Perhaps when this is over...if I find a way back...I promise I will explain this to you.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#688488 10/08/07 01:47 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Make the time! You are Master of the Variable Realm. You can bend all that is/was/will be to your will. You can slow down time, even on Legion World you have done that. Here you could stop time altogether if you choose to do so.

Tell me the truth!

#688489 10/08/07 01:51 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Pol...I...

*Vee looks for support from the others. Surely they sense the urgency of the situation. Legion World hangs in the balance. Any delay could spell doom for some or all of their friends. Yet all he sees are Pol's questions reflected in their eye*

*sigh*

Very well, but the details will need to wait.

#688490 10/08/07 02:00 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Pol...your parents...your mom & dad, were my closests friends when I first escaped the Variable Realm. They were/are like family to me, as you have always known. They would do anything for me and I for them.

But there was something wrong. Even with all the science & medicne of the day, they were unable to conceive a child...a child they so desperately wanted and deserved. They tried everything to no avail.

And so they finally came to me and asked if I...would help them to conceive. They both thought they knew what they were asking of me. They both knew my inclinations but said that science could circumvent the issue.

I had to tell them "no" that I could not help them in that way.

#688491 10/08/07 02:02 PM
Substitute
Substitute
You refused? But...how?

#688492 10/08/07 02:26 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Pol, had I been able to, I would gladly have done so for them. But I am not of Terran stock...I am from the Variable Realm and there is no way known to me are anyone else that could make it work.

And so, I did the next best thing. The only thing I could do.

I came back here to the Variable Realm and waited.

I was gone for months from Earth. During that time, the corporations took control and eventually the LMBP was forced to leave. Eventually they came to Legion World and built it into the beacon that it is.

During all of that, I was here.

Finally, The Realm had worked it's will on me and I began to break apart. It is what I knew would happen and what I was awaiting. At the moment that the first piece of me was torn away, I marshalled all my power...every ounce of energy that I had been hording while I waited and managed...just barely...but I managed to pull us out of here!

I/we almost didn't make it. But we did. In the process I changed your make-up...your DNA for lack of a better term...just enough so that you would be similar but not a duplicate of me. I made you a unique being in your own right.

Once I recovered enough, I tracked down your parents and turned you over to them. I knew they would provide you with the sort of life that I feared I never could. It was years before I was sure I would not break apart completely, by then you were well on your way to becoming the wonderful young man that you are today.

You are the best part of me made better still because you grew up with the most wonderful parents anyone could wish for.

#688493 10/08/07 02:39 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Pol, don't doubt for a moment that your mom & dad are your parents. They are the reason you came into being as much as I am. I risked everything to bring you to them. And you turned out to be even more than I knew you could be thanks to their loving guidance.

#688494 10/08/07 02:40 PM
Substitute
Substitute
But why the secret? Why not tell me the truth?

#688495 10/08/07 02:48 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
At first because I did not know if I would survive. It would have been easier for you to lose an "uncle" if I didn't than to lose a parent.

Later, once I knew that I had finally weathered the storm, it never seemed like the right moment to tell you the truth. You were such a loving family, and I had as much contact with you as I could have wished for...it was just never the right time to ruin that for you.

So I willingly continued to play the role of the loving "uncle" but I hope you realize that I was always there for you.

#688496 10/08/07 02:58 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wait!

Now is the moment that this has all been for! Prepare yourselves, all of you! I am going to send you to the Tower to face Metternich! His powers are depleted somewhat by everything he has done but he thinks he faces only depowered LMBPers.

He does not realize the damage he has done by tapping into the Variable Realm. It has taken all of my power to hold things together and it will take all that I have left to continue doing so until this is over.

You will be my avatars in this fight...my paladins! I have set you on this difficult path in order to save you all for this one moment in time.

Be ready to bring the battle to him and the others immediately! You must find a way to defeat him. He is the key to our success

*Turning to Pol*

Before you go, Pol, draw some of my power from me.

#688497 10/08/07 03:00 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<puts hand on Pol's shoulder>

Its a lot to take in Pol, but you know in your heart that Vee has always done what is best for you. You have to trust him.

<looks and sees the urgency in Vee's eyes, also feeling the same>

Vee...what should we do now? Metternich has control of the Tower. I...I have some ideas, but so much hinges on you and the Variable Realm...

#688498 10/08/07 03:01 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<here's Vee's above reply>

I see! Then let us go! Let us save Legion World in your honor!

Vee may never be able to get back to Legion World...but we'll make sure this fight is for him.

<nods to Vee>

I'll see you soon old friend (but I'll give you privacy with Pol now)...

#688499 10/08/07 03:03 PM
Substitute
Substitute
What? But why? You just said you would need all that you have left just to hold everything together. If I take your power, you might not have enough!

#688500 10/08/07 03:15 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Take it, Pol! You have always been my last, best hope and you will need it. I will do my best to make it back to you, but if I don't never forget that I will always be a part of you as you are a part of me.

*Pol nods slightly and hugs Vee as he draws in a bit of Vee's power. Vee sways at the loss for a moment then straightens and turns to the others.*

So be it. God speed to you all, my friends. Cobie, Rex...my blessings upon you always.

Condo...take good care of him for me...as you always have.

Pol...as you have always trusted me, now I place my trust in you. Do what must be done...my son!

*With a wave of his hand, Vee sends the group across space and time...to the final battle at the Tower

#688501 10/08/07 03:16 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Good bye, Pol" Vee whispers as they disappear...

#688502 10/08/07 04:18 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And know Metternich, it's time you discovered who the true Master of the Variable Realm really is!

*Reaching out with all his being, Vee reverses course. Until this moment he had used his control of the variable force to shield himself and the others not only from Metternich but also from the inherent nature of the Variable Realm.

Now, he discards his shield, abandoning all hope of protecting himself, and seizes the reins of that power, drawing them unto himself. The strength of his mastery is such that it whiplashes across the Realm and reverberates in the Tower, a nexus of space/time in the multiverse.

The force of Vee's will is such that it completely sunders Metternich's meager grip on power of the Variable Realm, shredding his ability to control it for all time in the process.

#688503 10/08/07 05:09 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And so it is done! Never again will Metternich be able to access the force of this realm. But it is as I feared, I have spent too much time abiding here and have no energy left.

I can fight it no longer...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,258
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Elvis Lad
Elvis Lad
Hollywood, Ca
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star