Roll Call
1 members (Alexander, Alexander, Alexander), 127 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:30 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:28 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:26 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: LW Directory Assistance
#698813 09/30/04 10:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Princess Crujectra Day... this holiday involves exchanging of treasure chests and grapefruits.
And to this day, I'm both touched and disturbed by this custom wink

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#698814 09/30/04 11:24 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
This is great Missy! I love the fact that the Cave made the cut!

Originally posted by Trysexual Girl:
Loser Cave, owned and operated by LMBer Loser Lad, it serves as his primary headquarters (perhaps that should read "hideout"?).
To clarify a bit, the Loser Cave isn't an establishment like Cafe Cramer or one of the various bars and such, and was never posted as a thread like the various "(insert poster's name)'s Room" threads. It's simply the little hole in the ground where Loser Lad lives, or as you so aptly put it, hides out. It's pretty much just my own low-rent version of the Bat Cave.

The Loser Cave has often been used as a crash pad by male LMBers who are hiding from jilted lovers and female LMBers who are, well, some things are just best left to the imagination! wink

Only a few LMBers actually know the Loser Cave's ultra-secret hidden location, though many have visited there by way of Threshold technology. One often used (by her and I, at least wink ) Threshold connection to the Loser Cave exists in Princess Crujectra's private chambers at the Psyonian Embassy.

#698815 09/30/04 11:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Perhaps you should look into some form of tesseract technology for the Loser Cave, so that you could get bigger couches for your male guests to crash on, Loser dear wink

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#698816 09/30/04 11:37 AM
Leader
Leader
The Hootchie Hut- the longtime LMB hang-out that is known for it's free-flowing booze and many young nymphos. It has been destroyed many times and is commonly frequented by Cobalt Kid, Faraway Lad, LardLad, and Loser Lad.
OK, I'm having a complete brainfart here, what on earth (or Legion World, rather) was the name of the establishment that served the LMBers who bat for the other team? Lash, myself and BBC spent a lot of time there during some of the earlier tag teams.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#698817 09/30/04 11:37 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Trysexual Girl:
walking ring,
The legendary LMB Walking Ring was one of two incentives promised to LMB applicants in the original Legion of Message Board Posters Thread . The ring would, it was said, enable the wearer to travel via ground! Though much talked about during the first year or so of LMB History, the promised rings (as well as the replica Dream Girl Barretts) never showed up at LMB Headquarters. Eventually, most of the LMBers learned to walk unaided by a Walking Ring.

It was later learned that the ring order had been cancelled by the Acme Ring and Barrette Company because LMBer Goon Boy (who was blessed with the power of Super Forgetfulness) had neglected to mail the check!

#698818 09/30/04 11:55 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Y'know, when you stop and think about it, we really did have crap technology in the early days wink

#698819 09/30/04 12:01 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Bevis:
[b]The Hootchie Hut- the longtime LMB hang-out that is known for it's free-flowing booze and many young nymphos. It has been destroyed many times and is commonly frequented by Cobalt Kid, Faraway Lad, LardLad, and Loser Lad.
OK, I'm having a complete brainfart here, what on earth (or Legion World, rather) was the name of the establishment that served the LMBers who bat for the other team? Lash, myself and BBC spent a lot of time there during some of the earlier tag teams.[/b]
I'm not sure if this is it, but what was the bar outside of space/time/the multiverse that you, Paul and BBC were all hanging out with during "Hot Summer Nights". Is that the same one? I remember it being a gay bar, although for some reason, Turns you into Country Kid and The One Called the One got it on there (blame LardLad).

I know there is a funny name too Bevis, I just can't remember it either!

#698820 09/30/04 12:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
WOW!

Miss T, I'm both irritated, relieved, and impressed. smile I'm irritated because I WAS PLANNING TO DO THIS! This weekend! It was going to be my first action as LMB Leader, and you beat me to it!!! lol

And you wound up doing a much greater job than I could have even thought of doing. This is amazing, and seriously, you did a much more thorough and awesome job than I had planned (with the exception of Kid Prime's room, but I'll add it myself.) smile

With your permission, I would like to add hyperlinks to all the threads you have mentioned here, and keep this thread featured on the front page. It'll be just like a combination yellow pages and dictionary for the MMB! (Maybe we could add "MMB Yellow Pages" to the title so newbies will know where to go.)

Also, (not to put words in your mouth) I would like for anyone who would like to have a thread added to this directory to feel free to PM Miss T, MLLASH, or myself.

Once again, this is AMAZING and I'm so relieved that I don't have to do the work now. It's so weird that our minds were tuned to the same station on this!

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#698821 09/30/04 12:46 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
You're a mod? I thought you said you never wanted to be a mod again smile

And, once I've reformatted it, I'll want whatever the GovernMental building turns into in here smile

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#698822 09/30/04 12:51 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm plenty powerful enough without being a mod, Reboot. I never gave up my Founder powers when my fourth-founder status was retconned out of existence. laugh

#698823 09/30/04 12:59 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I'm plenty powerful enough without being a mod, Reboot. I never gave up my Founder powers when my fourth-founder status was retconned out of existence. laugh
Don't know about that, but you are a mod. See smile

[Linked Image]

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#698824 09/30/04 01:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
WHAT???

GARY!!!!

mad mad mad mad mad mad

Well, just so as to not bury my post in this rant, I still want to hyperlink all the entries in this thread to their appropriate threads, with your permission, Miss T.

#698825 09/30/04 01:12 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I'm not sure if this is it, but what was the bar outside of space/time/the multiverse that you, Paul and BBC were all hanging out with during "Hot Summer Nights". Is that the same one? I remember it being a gay bar, although for some reason, Turns you into Country Kid and The One Called the One got it on there (blame LardLad).
That would be The Hypertime Bar.

I'd also suggest we catalogue some of the major adventures/stories from LMB history in the Encylopedia, such as HSN and DotSH.

Also, someone (probably Cobie) should write and entry explaining what the LMB/LMBP is.

#698826 09/30/04 01:18 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I can catalogue all the stories and give a fairly decent first draft on what the LMB/LMBP is (I hope Cru and others can really get into the latter).

The LMB: the Continuity Thread was created with the sole purpose of creating a coherent timeline of LMB Adventures, so I could write my history after. I have a pretty basic outline in my head of all five years worth of stories (although I humbly leave Year Four to you, EDE).

#698827 09/30/04 01:29 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'll get a timeline organized, draft it here in this thread so EDE, KP, Lash and others can take a look at it, and then add it to the encyclopedia when it's created (whether it's in Miss T's first post or a new thread). Someone should think of a proper format for an Adventure title (like in quotes with Italics? sounds good to me).

I'll probably stick with the main Adventures, although when I do the written history in Bits, I'll make sure to add in every single little detail I've amassed (which is a MASSIVE amount, believe me) on our history. By main, I mean the ones that have a clear definition as being an adventure.

Timeline coming up soon!

As for what the LMB is, I've seen Lardy, Lash, Cru and a host of others give excellent definitions before, and I'll try to find some of my favorites. Unless Cru or Lash want to just express it again...*hint* wink

[Edit for more ideas]- I'll also make sure each story has a link to it, whether here or at the LMB Archives. Any that are long lost, like the majority are, I'll be sure to add in fine print that there are no links available.

#698828 09/30/04 02:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
As for what the LMB is, I've seen Lardy, Lash, Cru and a host of others give excellent definitions before, and I'll try to find some of my favorites. Unless Cru or Lash want to just express it again...*hint* wink
Well, according to the LMBP Outpost:

Welcome to the LMBP Outpost, the Internet home and headquarters of the Legion of Message Board Posters! We were drawn together by a love of DC's Legion of Super-Heroes, but it's the friendships we've forged that keep us together.

Or, as the LMBP Yahoo!Group puts it:

Welcome to the Yahoo!Group home of the Legion of Message Board Posters. Drawn together by our love of the Legion, held together by our friendship and mutual respect. All are welcome here, but please play nice.

Or, in the words of some hot chick called Crujectra:

Once upon a time, there were two forums at the DC Comics Website: the Legion board and the Legionnaires board. Now, over time, the regular posters at those boards developed friendships. They became the "Legion of Message Board Posters", and made the virtually barren Legionnaires board as their home.

When the Legionnaires board faced deletion, the group of friends began their journey through the internet, leaving their mark on a variety of venues, most notably the Yahoo!Groups, Rob's Damn Boards and Ships and Giggles. Finally, they found their way to Legion World.

Along the way, this handful of friends has grown as new friends have joined, and dear friends have gone. One thing has remained true, however: their love for the Legion and the bonds of friendship that have been forged.

#698829 09/30/04 02:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Job well done, Miss T!

Here are a few more entries: Shameless Hussies Bar (not a thread, that I know of - maybe more of an after-hours joint with pole dancing), Crujectra Day (I forget the date - EDE has it) and the Tesseract System (I believe Stoopid Cat is still hiding there).

Has the Starlight Lounge closed?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#698830 09/30/04 02:23 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Crujectra Day is September 9, the anniversary of her innauguration as the first LMB leader on Legion World, and celebrates the restoration of democratically elected LMB leadership as well as our lovely Psyonian princess.

#698831 09/30/04 02:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The LMB Gay Bar is named THE RED LIGHT LOUNGE.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#698832 09/30/04 03:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by MLLASH:
The LMB Gay Bar is named [b]THE RED LIGHT LOUNGE.[/b]
Where is it? And what has happened to Kid 'n Lash's Playpen?

#698833 09/30/04 03:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
RED LIGHT LOUNGE is the name of the bar from the LMB stories.

Kid & Lash's Playground hasn't launched yet...

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#698834 09/30/04 03:33 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Nice call on the bar Lash!

FC and EDE, I think I got all those except the Terresact system. I also thought of about ten more on the way home on the train that I'll get to: Earth's 1-4, Nura Nal Barrette, etc. I think I'll just add them in as I write them up in the future and have Miss T add them.

I've also got about twenty LMB story names together (hey, it's boring on the train!). My LMB memory is top-notch, I can proudly say!

#698835 09/30/04 07:43 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
WOW!

Miss T, I'm both irritated, relieved, and impressed. smile I'm irritated because I WAS PLANNING TO DO THIS! This weekend! It was going to be my first action as LMB Leader, and you beat me to it!!! lol

And you wound up doing a much greater job than I could have even thought of doing. This is amazing, and seriously, you did a much more thorough and awesome job than I had planned (with the exception of Kid Prime's room, but I'll add it myself.) smile

With your permission, I would like to add hyperlinks to all the threads you have mentioned here, and keep this thread featured on the front page. It'll be just like a combination yellow pages and dictionary for the MMB! (Maybe we could add "MMB Yellow Pages" to the title so newbies will know where to go.)

Also, (not to put words in your mouth) I would like for anyone who would like to have a thread added to this directory to feel free to PM Miss T, MLLASH, or myself.

Once again, this is AMAZING and I'm so relieved that I don't have to do the work now. It's so weird that our minds were tuned to the same station on this!
Triad Thank you for your kind words, Kippers. Maybe Alabamans & Georgians just share similar brain waves? tongue

Actually, Kippers, your concern for any LMBers who may feel the MMB is too exclusive or complicated has really been my inspiration of late. The Comet was my first idea - hoping that it may serve to inform the casual lurker/LMBer and then this little bee buzzed into my bonnett.

Maybe you felt you needed a secretary and sent me a telepathic wake-up call, Kip?

I love the hyperlinks idea and I VERY MUCH appreciate the positive buzz this thread has generated. It makes me very happy that such diverse minds can come together to create a virtual landscape to adventure in! Youse guys are jeenyuses! Triad

#698836 09/30/04 07:54 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Triad Okay I'm going to work up all the new information that was donated on this thread today and add it in.

Also, I'd like to solicit suggestions for a permanent name to this thread.

The LMBP Yellow Pages is a thought but we could also call it The LMBP Anywhere Thread. Others seem to still like it as the MMB Encyclopedia. What about the Book of LMB Lore? Talk back, peebles. Triad

#698837 10/01/04 12:20 AM
Leader
Leader
That's the one Lash! It was/is the equivalent of the Hootchie Hut for the gay boys. I do remember the Hypertime Bar as well. Ah, we have the best drinking spots in the LMBP.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,979
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Satire Lad
Satire Lad
Eniam, near the Land of the Port.
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star