Roll Call
0 members (), 57 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/16/24 05:48 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:11 AM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:09 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
FIVE FACES OF DEATH: The Tower - a distant memory, fading out...
#709396 10/02/07 01:06 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
In Legion World's Capital City, the Tower now stands, its capital building. Now under the control of Magistrate Angra Metternich, the Tower itself controls the forces of the Variable Realm.

To do so means to control time, space and possibility. To do so means it has caused Legion World to be a prison for the Legion!

Metternich has stripped the Legion of their powers, weapons and connections to outside forces. Powerless, they are now the prey to the Five, who shall hunt them down.

Armies from across space and time mobilize to invade Legion World from every molecule.

The Tower is under the control of the Five. The Legion has little hope...

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
Re: FIVE FACES OF DEATH: The Tower - a distant memory, fading out...
#709397 10/02/07 02:54 PM
Active
Active
<from the Ice City , The Empress appears>

You have done well, Metternich. The LMBP will surely fall and, with them, Legion World can be assured to follow.

And, soon, the Enchantress shall be under my thrall, as well. With her gone, I shall be the sole wielder of magicks from Earth-3.

#709398 10/02/07 09:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
From the journal of Tamper Lad... The
planet-wide failure of technology has led to
drastic measures.

I am filing this report from outside a tower
that houses the opponents putatively known as
"The Five Faces of Death". I am using one of the
Colonel's antiques to file this. The technology
is so old that the computer tyrant has been
unable to affect it.

It apparently uses an ancient interface known as
C:\ forgotten by all. I have been able to
scavenge technology known as a "Packet Driver
for DEC21140" to provide a Comm interface to try
to mount an assault on the tower.

The Colonel sends his regards should we fail
miserably.

*** Tamper watches a magical flash at the top of
the tower as he sees the tiny forms of
Enchantress, Caliente and Nova Girl appear ***

#709399 10/02/07 11:19 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Metternich, you arrogant bastich, did you think I wasn't ready for your powers?

A grim smile plays across the unscarred portion of her face as she stares up at the tower.

But now are you ready to be just as powerless as the LMBP is? The water didn't protect you this time... all of your stolen powers are gone...

AND NOW I'M COMING FOR YOU!

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#709400 10/02/07 11:23 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<Lard Lad, outside the Tower, feels his Lard Force connection flicker and fade>

<holding his hand up, he concentrates>

<faint purple sparks flicker from finger to finger>

Not totally gone, he thinks. All the temporal energy I absorbed thru the Lard Force earlier and gave me my visions is acting as a kind of condom for me against whatever's happening. My power's...rebooting.

<smiles grimly>

I'll be returning the favor soon enough...

<sits down outside the Tower entrance andbegins to meditate>

<closes his eyes and whispers>...for Cali.

<purple aura begins to envelope him>

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#709401 10/02/07 11:35 PM
Active
Active
It begins! My sensors show atmospheric oxygen levels have already decreased 15 % and surface temparature has dropped 25 degrees Fahrenheit! The effects are already being felt! Empress, Legion World itself will soon serve as your new Ice Palace!

After most of the population has died, and the ragged few meat puppet survivors are picked off, I will safely be able to assimilate Legion World's best asset...it's technology...into myself!

#709402 10/02/07 11:36 PM
W
Substitute
Substitute
W
Empress, or Hel by any other name! I would have words with thee!!

#709403 10/03/07 09:46 AM
Active
Active
Is this...my fault? That these five have gained control of the Tower? Did I lead them here...?

<looks down. Looks up, unwavering>

It matters little anymore. My path led me here and I cannot be held responsible for the actions of these misanthropes. I shall serve them not with vegeance, as I would have in the past...but with justice.

Let us move forward Legion Worlders. Let us bring an end to this.

#709404 10/03/07 01:45 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
{Rockhopper Lad, reunited with Hyvvie and Time Teller, quickly embraces them both.}

We're with you, Sir Roy! Powers or no, Tim, Hyvvie and I are at your side!

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#709405 10/04/07 10:48 AM
Active
Active
Crap on a Stick! It's getting cold... And it feels like we're on a mountain top or something.

<Pulls out Security Office Com-Link>

Hutch, check the Central Atmosphere Monitoring System (CAMS) and see what it's status is...

<span style="font-size: 5px;">Temp and O2 levels are dropping! The system's controls are frozen... can't...</span>

<span style="font-size: 30px;">WHAT!?!?</span>

JailBait, c'mon, we need to get to the Security Office... Somebody's jimmied the CAMS...

/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?
#709406 10/04/07 11:17 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<yet, as they turn, the entrace to the Tower is long gone. Doorways shift and move, and change, and once inside, the Tower rarely ever lets one leave>

Metternich's voice is heard in My Whee Fem's head:

"How long have you suffered these fools...? We knew about you in the Oval, dear, and I knew about you still. Why waste your time here on this world? Why waste your time in something as mundane as an Office of Security...? A new era dawns. Your two friends may stay by your side, or you may outlive them. What then? You would you have then? Is it not time for you to find a more fitting place in this universe?"

quiet laughter drifts away down the halls of the Tower...

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#709407 10/04/07 01:48 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
With a thump of a landing, Caliente groans. "Ow," she says as Nova Girl helps her up. The Enchantress, of course, had somehow managed a perfect landing and began yelling at Hel. The Empress. Frio.

Despite her better judgment, Cali moves toward her once friend, now enemy. They'd been sisters for so long... if Frio was still in there somewhere, surely she could reach her. She had to try.

"Empress!" Cali calls, Nova Girl flanking her side. "Release Frio! Let me have my best friend back! She's all the family I-- she's my family."

#709408 10/04/07 01:54 PM
Active
Active
Finally, Enchantress, we shall have words. And, in the end, I shall have your head!

<sees Caliente and Nova Girl moving toward her and laughs coldly>

What's this? Still trying to save your friend. Ha! You think her your family? Then you, child, have no family. Frio is gone. Accept this... or perish in a fight you cannot win.

#709409 10/04/07 02:00 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
"Never!" Caliente cries. "I'll never give up on her!"

Nova Girl's eyes widen as she tries to use her powers without success. "Uh, Cali..." she whispers urgently. "I don't think that's such a good idea."

Glowering at Nova, she shakes her head. "No, Ronnie! I'd rather perish or whatever than accept that my friend-- my sister-- is dead." Her tone drops as she adds, "You know you'd feel the same way if it were the Colonel."

With a nod, Nova Girl stands beside Caliente and takes her hand. "Then let's get her back already."

#709410 10/04/07 02:05 PM
Active
Active
Very well, it is as you wish.

<thrusting her hands outward, two identical beams of light go shooting toward Caliente and Nova Girl...>

#709411 10/04/07 02:15 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Squeezing Cali's hand once, Nova Girl crosses her arms over her face to protect herself. Caliente tries to create a fire shield of some kind but is struck with the realization too late that she has no powers.

"I love you, Actor Lad," she whispers as the beam of ice magick strikes her hard.

Beside her, Nova Girl grunts with pain as she, too, is hit. With her Tameranian prowess, she manages to dodge some of the power being thrown at her. She groans, her body sparkling with a thin layer of freezing ice. With much effort, she begins to shake it off.

Meanwhile, the force of a full hit sends Cali flying backward. She hits the wall with a horrible crack, then falls to the floor, landing with a thump. She doesn't move. Without her powers, she's only human after all.

(OOC: Shortest career as leader ever? Maaaybe!)

#709412 10/04/07 02:20 PM
Active
Active
<smiles coldly>

Never let it be said that I am not a fair Goddess. I gave her what she wished, after all.

<raises hands toward the sky, creating a circle of impenitrable magick ice surrounding herself and Amora the Enchantress that reaches as high as the Tower will allow>

Now, Enchantress, it is just you and me. There is no more fodder to distract us. Pray tell, what were those words you wished to have with me?

#709413 10/04/07 04:07 PM
Active
Active
<looks elder Everyday Girl up and down>

I see you have my axe, maiden. And I see what you have become Brittney. I am delighted.

The time has come to put these five faces of death in the ground. Caliente has led a squad against the Empress, and Metterich and the Tyrant are inside. I have no idea where Sheenu or Slim are at the moment.

#709414 10/04/07 08:32 PM
W
Substitute
Substitute
W
Hel, thou art a foul murderess, and thy actions hath left us with no need for meaningless words! Caliente shall be avenged!

<Gigantic bolts of mystic force emerge from Amora's hands, swirling around the Empress and forming a collosal web in which the Empress -- caught off guard by the raging fury of Amora's attack -- becomes entangled. A small blue sphere of mystical energy emerges from within the Empress, whose screams are deafening. The blue sphere floats a safe distance away from the battle, and changes shape as it grows in size. Within seconds, the blue sphere takes on the form of Frio, who appears dazed and has trouble keeping her balance. Nova Girl rushes to Frio's aid. Satisfied, Amora dissolves the web as the Empress shifts to her true form of Hel, the Death Goddess.>

Now, Hel, there is nought to stand between us and our battle. Thou shall experience a taste of thy own medicine, richly deserved, for this battle is TO THE DEATH!!

#709415 10/04/07 08:44 PM
Active
Active
** Nova Girl rushes the stricken Frio over to the wall where Caliente fell. In a rage she screams primally **

EEEEEEEEEEYYYYYEOUGHHH... What do I do? What do I do? I'm new at this. I can't handle it. Oh my tummy.

** Slumps to the ground **

#709416 10/04/07 10:24 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by My Wee Fem:
JailBait, c'mon, we need to get to the Security Office... Somebody's jimmied the CAMS...
**Lolita shivered, sidling up next to My to whisper in her ear**

You're right, My. My blasters are completely melted, all I have left is my forcefield belt. We should go if we can; we'd probably be more helpful there than here.

My? What's wrong?

#709417 10/05/07 01:16 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<outside the Tower, Lard Lad continues to meditate when he suddenly has a flash...>

Originally posted by Caliente:
Meanwhile, the force of a full hit sends Cali flying backward. She hits the wall with a horrible crack, then falls to the floor, landing with a thump. She doesn't move. Without her powers, she's only human after all.[/i]
<opens his eyes>

What?!?! That's not how it happens...happened! I've got to get in there!

pop

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#709418 10/05/07 10:53 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Jailbait Lass:
Originally posted by My Wee Fem:
[b]JailBait, c'mon, we need to get to the Security Office... Somebody's jimmied the CAMS...
**Lolita shivered, sidling up next to My to whisper in her ear**

You're right, My. My blasters are completely melted, all I have left is my forcefield belt. We should go if we can; we'd probably be more helpful there than here.

My? What's wrong? [/b]
Nothing... Everything... That older version of Brit... I can hear her in my mind. I can feel her pain. She said that she's all that's left of the LMBP in her time... That Metternich killed everyone else...

She expects to die here... She wants to die here... 'Cuz if she dies, we live... Our Brit Lives...

WE HAVE TO HELP HER AND I DON"T KNOW IF I CAN LIVE WITH THAT...

/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?
#709419 10/05/07 11:08 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Sir Roy:
<looks elder Everyday Girl up and down>

I see you have my axe, maiden. And I see what you have become Brittney. I am delighted.

The time has come to put these five faces of death in the ground. Caliente has led a squad against the Empress, and Metterich and the Tyrant are inside. I have no idea where Sheenu or Slim are at the moment.
Ohmygod! <Throws arms around Roy and gives him a fierce hug.> Roy!

You've no idea how good it feels to see all you guys... **sniff** It's been so long...

<Takes a seep breath to compose herself and pulls the axe from it's sling on her back.>

You're gonna need this... and my old man is gonna need this blade, where'd he go? I remember him being here...

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#709420 10/05/07 02:11 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Frio blinks, a blank look on her face. Having Hel in her mind was like information overload and she's still sorting through it. "Nova Girl?" she asks finally, looking down. "Cali? Wha-what happened?"

From her position on the ground, Nova Girl lets out a strangled sob. "I think... I think she's dead."

"No..." comes Frio's stricken voice. Her hands glow white and she understands. Kneeling beside her fallen friend, she envelops her in the glow, which has turned a bright golden.

As the glow dims down, Caliente's form shifts slightly and she coughs. Tears roll down Nova Girl's face as she mutters relieved Tameranean phrases. Frio pulls Cali's upper body into her lap, cradling her shoulders gently.

Finally Nova Girl asks the only question left: "But how?"

"I think, when the Enchantress separated us, a bit of Hel's powers stayed with me," Frio replies. "I could feel it when I realized what'd happen to Cali. She never stopped believing in me, you know?"

With another cough, Caliente opens her eyes and smiles weakly. "Frio...I think I was dead," she whispers, voice cracking slightly. "But you-you saved me! I-- *koff* I knew you would."

Frio looks away for a moment, a pained expression on her face. After everything she's learned from Hel, she isn't sure what to think anymore. "Come on," she says finally, standing and helping Cali up. Nova Girl follows suit. "It's not safe here. The battle's not over yet."

Together, the trio head to try and find the other, Caliente leaning on Frio for support. Cali's smiling, though. She got her sister back. Still, she can't help but wonder why Frio has such a sad look in her eyes...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,371
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
taichara
taichara
Hou'ou-shi
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star