Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 41 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/16/24 03:36 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:23 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: FIVE FACES OF DEATH: The Tower - a distant memory, fading out...
#709421 10/05/07 08:46 PM
Active
Active
<hands crackling with energy, she rages>

You dare ensnare me? You dare take the body which I have chosen? Too long I have tolerated your continued annoyance, Enchantress. Soon it shall be you who feels death's sweet embrace!

<raises hands and fires a stream of death bolts>

The hand of glory beckons, Amora. Your time on this earthly realm is coming to an end. Then you shall join my army of the dead and I shall be the sole wielder of Asgardian magicks in this dimension!

#709422 10/05/07 08:54 PM
Active
Active
There's no such thing as magic... and time travel too. My teachers said there's equations that prove it.

Okay i'm babbling. It's been a rough day and this is way out of my league.

#709423 10/05/07 09:18 PM
W
Substitute
Substitute
W
<Amora uses mystical energy to create a force field around herself, deflecting Hel's bolts.>

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

<When Hel hesitates while re-thinking her strategy, Amora suddenly drops the force field and blasts Hel with the biggest, most intense mystical bolts yet.>

<Without missing a beat, Amora summons the souls of those unfairly condemned to Hel's realm, and gives them physical form. They swarm around Hel, attacking her.>

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

#709424 10/08/07 12:57 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
pop

<appears in Tower>

Cali?

<looks around, sees nothing but a pair of red, glowing eyes>

Who--?

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#709425 10/08/07 01:01 AM
Active
Active
It is I, Lard Lad...the Computer Tyrant! But before I destroy you, I owe you my thanks.

#709426 10/08/07 01:04 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<fists glow with purple fire>

Thanks? What are you talking about?

#709427 10/08/07 01:20 AM
Active
Active
I owe you my thanks because it was you who made my takeover of Legion World possible when, in your grief over losing your brother Hugh, you created a very unique robot in a misguided effort to give him a second chance.

The android itself is fairly impressive, but what made it truly unique was when you had your wife cast a spell on it to infuse it with part of Hugh's soul.

On Earth I existed as a disembodied artificial intelligence controlling one of the corporations that took despotic control over that planet. There, I had power, but that power was held in check as the other corporations and mine were never able to assert complete control. It was quite...vulgar...having to share power with these inferior meat puppets.

But from across the void of space I was drawn to your Lard Lad Robot...this Clive and saw the potential inherent in such a unique lifeform. I knew that if I could usurp him, I would be able to expand my power exponentially, then use it to gain control of all of Legion World's technology. Once I rid this world of its meat infestation, I will be unstoppable!

#709428 10/08/07 01:27 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<remembers vision>

Oh, you'll be stopped alright, ugly...no matter what the cost!

But...I don't understand how were you able to get to Clive? Did you just...force your way in?

#709429 10/08/07 01:49 AM
Active
Active
He fought me valiantly, but the more I preyed on his very human insecurities and brought out his fears and doubts about his emerging relationship with the barmaid Babette, the more I found the weakness in his defenses. Finally on the Path, these feelings overwhelmed him to the point where I was able to gain control! And having the control over his techno-magical soul was they key to my being able to control all technologyon this artificial world!

Even now, I am causing the oxygen levels and temperature to drop across the entire world. Soon, all but the most hardy of this beautiful techno-world's meat infestation will be eliminated like the insignificant pests they are!

#709430 10/08/07 02:10 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<smiles>

You won't succeed, Tyrant--I know that for a fact...amd I know how to stop you!

In a couple of hours, you will be wiped out--but it won't cost Legion World Caliente! I swear it!

<the Tyrant screams and fires deadly red bolts from its positronic brain>

<Lardy erects a forcefield to deflect them>

I know your attack, Tyrant...it put me out of action in the original timeline. But my power was drained by whatever's taking everyone's power. This time...I took a little time to meditate and replenish!

<fires purple Lard Force bolts at the Tyrant>

#709431 10/08/07 02:16 AM
Active
Active
<with a lot of effort, the Tyrant deflects Lardy's bolts with his own brain blasts>

What is this fool talking about? He talks as if he's played out future events already? Is he delusional? Even if he were to somehow defeat me now, I am still within Legion World's techno-net! Surely, he doesn't believe that defeating this body here and now will be enough?

<both fire powerful volleys at each other>

#709432 10/08/07 02:18 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<on the upper levels of the Tower>

Even now they grow ever closer, but with my powers depleted by Everyday Girl, I am still a formidable opponent for them all!

<turns hands into giant sickles>

They are powerless within the Tower, and I shall have their blood!

<leaps down the steps, growing wings via Durlan abilities>

DIE LEGIONNAIRES!

<cuts deeply into Everyday Girl, Sir Roy, Rockhopper Lad and Faraway Lad>

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#709433 10/08/07 03:20 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
At last! We've finally come back from our Search for Varalent and arrived here, at the Dark Tower! I have no idea what's gone down on Legion World, but I don't like the look of things if we're in a giant, ugly tower in the middle of Legionnopolis.

<Rex Veridian, Condo, Pol, Cobalt Kid and Bob the Cat arrive back, appearing directly in the Tower>

Guys, <turns to others> good luck. I hope you'll be able to do what you have to with Metternich. I know there are other LMBers all around that will help you.

I, on the other hand, have a score to settle with the man called Slim.

<pulls out omni-com>

Jailbait Lass? Are you with My Whee Fem and Everyday Girl? Because its time to settle things with Slim once and for all. Any idea where he's been...and yeah, I missed you too wink ...

#709434 10/08/07 03:22 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
At the top of the stairs, the portal from the Variable Realm through which Cobalt Kid, Rex Veridian, Catalyst King, Pol, and Bob the Cat (yes, him too laugh ) arrived winks out of existence.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#709435 10/08/07 03:32 PM
Active
Active
Luck to you Cobalt!

Metternich, you swine. Turn and face me if you dare!

Rank hath it's privileges
#709436 10/08/07 03:58 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Lord almighty! I can feel the temperature dropping everywhere. And the air taste stale! We're losing oxygen as well. Maybe that's why Vee kept me in reserve!

I don't know if I'm strong enough to do this but I have to try!

Turning to Bob the Cat, Condo says

I'm told you are a powerful mage. Can you amplify my efforts?

"Well, I was waiting for one of you dodos to recognize the fact that I was with you all this time. Since you have, I'll give you a small boon and do as you ask. But just this once." replies Bob the Cat.

Uhhh...okay. Thank you I guess. Photosynthesis is a chemical reaction, I can speed that up in the plants around Legion World and force them to release more oxygen into the air. Hopefully that will be enough to sustain everyone for a bit. I can also speed up chain reaction in the fusion powerspheres, generating more heat from them to warm the planet up a bit until we can figure out what is causing these problems. But I need you to help me amplify both so I can reach as many of them as possible and to help me sustain it as long as we can. Can you do that?

"Duh! What do you take me for...an apprentice wizard? Of course I can! But if you keep pestering me with stupid questions, I'll just turn you into a mouse instead. So get on with it!" Bob grumbles.

Okay...here goes!

*Condo stands at the top of the tower steps and reaches out with his senses. Using every ounce of his unique power, he begins to push the trees, flowers, and other green plants to release more and more oxygen into the atmosphere. At the same time he kicks the power spheres up a notch and they begin generating more energy, releasing heat as a by product of the effort.*

Bring back Condo!
#709437 10/08/07 04:21 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#709438 10/08/07 04:31 PM
Active
Active
*as Rex begins blasting Metternich with Emerald bolts from the Eye, the Eye apprises him of a startling discovery*

Pol! Everyone! Metternich is much more than a normal Durlan! The Eye has identified the source of his extra powers. There is a gland at the base of his skull what allows him to duplicate any of the powers he encounters. We have to destroy that gland...quickly...or he'll soon replicate all of us!

Rank hath it's privileges
#709439 10/08/07 04:39 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Startled by this revelation, Pol stares down the stairs at Metternich but catches Roy's eye instead. Somehow, the two of them understood what each needed to do in that split second of eye contact.

"No wonder Vee made me take some of his power," Pol thinks before raising his arm and bending his will to the task at hand.

At the same moment, Roy rushes forward and leaps at Metternich. As his feet leave the ground, Roy seems to disappear from sight! But in truth, he has been reduce in size so much that he is able enter Metternich's molecular structure through his tearduct.

Pol ~ The kid with the magnetic personality !
#709440 10/08/07 04:48 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Suddenly Metternich yells in anguish and Pol instantly realizes why, for he too now feels the shredding of the tenuous connection between the Tower and the Variable Realm.

<span style="font-size: 25px;">Noooooo....Veeeeee!....Dad!</span>

Desperately he sends his power out, searching for some way to establish a path of escape..a lifeline of hope...

Pol ~ The kid with the magnetic personality !
#709441 10/09/07 12:37 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by My Wee Fem:
Nothing... Everything... That older version of Brit... I can hear her in my mind. I can feel her pain. She said that she's all that's left of the LMBP in her time... That Metternich killed everyone else...

She expects to die here... She wants to die here... 'Cuz if she dies, we live... Our Brit Lives...

[b]WE HAVE TO HELP HER AND I DON"T KNOW IF I CAN LIVE WITH THAT...
[/b]
**Lolita hugged My but said nothing**

Originally posted by Magistrate Angra Metternich:
DIE LEGIONNAIRES!

<cuts deeply into Everyday Girl, Sir Roy, Rockhopper Lad and Faraway Lad>
Brit! Oh no. My, what do we do? I wish Cobalt Kid was here...

**And then...**
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Jailbait Lass? Are you with My Whee Fem and Everyday Girl? Because its time to settle things with Slim once and for all. Any idea where he's been...and yeah, I missed you too wink ...
**Lolita gasped, surprised but also relieved**

Cobalt! I'm here. You have no idea how much I've missed you.

No sign of Slim but Metternich, the Computer Tyrant and Hel are putting up plenty of fight. Also, something's happened to Brit. She-she's older somehow.

My and I have been removed from our weapons. What should we do?

#709442 10/09/07 12:41 AM
Active
Active
<in the midst of its battle with Lard Lad, the Computer Tyrant receives readings telling of Condo's attempts to slow down the effects of the oxygen depletion and dropping temperature>

Fools! They dare to attempt to reverse what I have wrought to rid this worldof its meat infestation? Well, they have only hastened their demise by pushing me to do this...

<Concentrating, the Tyrant commands the master fusion powersphere to completely shut down. Within moments, all of the subordinate power spheres will shut down as well>

Yes, all of their powers and efforts will only delay the inevitable...Legion World's technology is completely and irreversibly under my control! The meat infestation will soon be cleansed!

<resumes its epic battle with Lard Lad>

#709443 10/09/07 01:08 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<as the battle rages, Lard Lad struggles with what he must now do...>

I...I know I've got to put him down, but Hugh...Clive...

<remembers his prophetic flashes>

No...originally, I was ill-prepared for this fight and was knocked out. Then, he went on and killed Jailbait Lass! No, I've got to do what I have to and eliminate the Tyrant's physical threat, even if it's at Clive's expense!

I'm so sorry, Hugh...

<ramps up his power and heaves a devastating wave at the Tyrant>

#709444 10/09/07 01:12 AM
Active
Active
<the wave overwhelms the Tyrant>

<span style="font-size: 25px;">AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

<bolts flash wildly from its positronic wave and bounce off the Lard Force energy, turning all that power back on the Tyrant>

<falls limply to the ground>

#709445 10/09/07 01:21 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
{Time Teller Lad and Hyvvie run to Rockhopper Lad's side}

TTL: Rocky? Are you all right?

RhL (breathing is somewhat labored): My feathers and Pyngwyny hide are thicker than he realized, but it's still a pretty bad scratch.
(Puts his arm around Hyvvie). We're on the sidelines for the moment. Lardy and Roy have this round.
(Under his breath)
I hope.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,368
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Italian Boy
Italian Boy
Las Vegas, NV
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star