Roll Call
0 members (), 60 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rebuttal to Reep's proposed Truce Topic, now deleted
#721457 12/12/03 08:48 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Okay, first off. Anything and everything I say here can be countered by Big Daddy (Gary). This is his playground, first and foremost, and I will always bow to his decision even if it counters what I say.
First, this message board belongs to Lightning Lad as much as it does to me.

Second, I don't appreciate being told how to conduct our business. Neither Scott or I feel it should be our job to impose limits upon our members. You can either behave in a civil manner or don't post here at all. That's your choice.

This board is here for everyone who wants to discuss matters and topics as adults and with respect to one another.

Re: Rebuttal to Reep's proposed Truce Topic, now deleted
#721458 12/12/03 01:49 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Gary, some questions I hope you'll consider responding to rather than deleting.

1) You have stated that you do not believe Greybird singles me out for attacks. After his attack topic on me last time that drove me away and his recent attacks here, is it still your opinion that Greybird in no way whatsoever singles me out for attacks?

2) Do you feel that I have been treated equitably in this matter?

3) If Greybird does attack me again, is it still your view that I pretend that it didn't happen, that I simply ignore whatever he does?

4) If I start posting on Greybird's topics, raising the same suspicions and insuations about him as he has of me on mine, will you treat me as you have him, i.e. ignore it? And if not, why not?

5) Do I have the right to ask why you deleted the topic? What about it or in it in particular was offensive enough that you felt required to delete the topic? Is proposing a fair and equitable truce, a mutual code of conduct between Greybird and myself grounds for deletion?

6) Will this topic be deleted because I'm asking you these questions?

#721459 12/12/03 03:09 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Look guys, I have no idea what happened, and after just rereading a page of threads I missed, I really don't feel like finding out.

But I do have this to add: I'm not Gary or Scott, and I know this is their board, so stop me if I'm off. But there is something completely different about Legion World and the old DCMB's, and that is the fact that this place has been specifically created for us posters to have a nice time, talk about the Legion, life in general and have as much goofy fun as we can. The fundamental difference between Legion World and the DCMB's is that we're all here for a good time and a fun hobby, and no one is really up for large debates. If I were Gary or Scott, (which thankfully I'm not cuz then they'd be me and who knows what kind of mischief those little scamps would do in this body) I'd delete every topic that came close to being an arguement/debate. Cuz this isn't the DCMB's, this is Legion World, created for us to have fun.

I hope this makes sense to at least a few people. I liked the DCMB's, and I can say I was there longer than almost anyone at Legion World right now besides Greybird and a small handful of others. But I stopped posting there long ago, because I didn't want to see Jim Jackson get attacked for liking the TMK Legion best, or have to listen to someone tell Lash or Lard Lad to grow up, or here someone make a comment about Dawnstar with the sole purpose of egging on Grey. Legion World is here for fun. And that's it.

As I said, I have no idea what happened, and after thinking about it, I really don't want to know. And hey, if you PM me soon enough to disagree with this post, I might even delete it! But I think this needs to be said. I came here for the jokes, the flirting and the drinking, not the arguing.

#721460 12/12/03 03:14 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Although I do love saying "Reep is Right" - I always was a sucker for alliteration - I'm glad it got deleted, it was boring!

If I wanted boring I'd go back to work.....

#721461 12/12/03 08:04 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Reep, your response to this is exactly why that topic was deleted and why I'm upset.

As you have stated, I (along with Scott, of course) am the owner of this message board, and time and time again you have shown me disrespect by continuing after I asked you to stop. Not only do you continue, but then you go and tell me how to conduct myself and this board.

You may feel this all needs to be aired and discussed in public, but I do not. I told you if you want to discuss it with me you have to e-mail me using this icon [Linked Image] above my post.

Instead, you not only continue in you behavior but you continually make this a public spectacle. If I say this is not then it's not. That's enough of an answer. We don't need to put this up for debate or discussion by the board. And your continued attempts to do so, such as forcing me to do this here is doing me a disservice.

This is beyond any petty differences with Grey you may have, this is about you and me and how you treat both me and this message board.

Any further discussion will be in an e-mail.

#721462 12/12/03 10:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
HA HA! Gary said "butt"!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#721463 12/12/03 11:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
If I were Gary or Scott, (which thankfully I'm not cuz then they'd be me and who knows what kind of mischief those little scamps would do in this body)
The mind wanders...

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#721464 12/12/03 11:45 PM
Deputy
Deputy
You guys do great work here at Legion World. You generously give your time, energy, and creativity every day. Seriously. As do many here. Even Greybird. Even me.

However, from my perspective, this has not been your finest hour.

I feel I have received neither fairness nor honesty in this matter, and it seems I can neither persuade nor shame you into starting. I can’t even get anyone to simply acknowledge that Greybird singles me out for attacks. And my ten hours of effort to create a rational solution to all this with a sincere equitable truce are literally erased without the decency of a response.

The only response I get back is that I am being disrespectful. And this after it was insinuated early on that there is no problem, that it is all in my imagination. It is hard to be respectful when one has been so casually demeaned. I will not go to e-mail so I can be receive further such management.

I wish you continued good luck with Legion World. For what it’s worth, please examine your concepts of fairness and management for the sake of all members involved in future disputes.

I request that you disable, disconnect, whatever, my usernames “Reep” and “Nardo.” In other words, BAN ME from Legion World. In a couple months, I would forget some of this stuff and be tempted to return. I don’t want to go thru this again with Greybird or this problem management philosophy.

Good luck to all,

Reep

#721465 12/12/03 11:59 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm sorry you're going and I'm sorry you're hurt. I haven't weighed in on this becuase I don't know what it's about. I only hope that you won't make any final decisions today. Take care of yourself.

Brent

#721466 12/13/03 12:41 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Whatever. Get over yourself.

I mean, I like your polls and all, but this faux martyrdom has run its course.

The only difference I see in you and Grey's interactions is that you're always screaming about how hurt and abused you are, you're always threatening to run off, and then always leaving forever, just to return later. And he sticks it out.

He gets your goat and you run off. That's it.

Yes, he posts on your threads to get your goat. And then you resort to name-calling. And then you start screaming foul. And then you threaten to leave. And then you leave. And then you come back. And we all welcome you because, frankly, you're a valued person. You do good surveys. You have interesting things to say.

But here's a newsflash... Greybird is valued too. He's smart. Real smart. He comes up with things in his posts that no one else does. But if he has a major problem, he takes it off the boards and into PM's and e-mails, rather than attempting to humiliate the people who's property this board is, "demanding" some sort of action, and then calling them examples of poor management when you don't get your way.

Face it. You are the highest-management person on these boards. If it's not this, it's DEMANDING that Crujectra's election poll not have the same end date that you do and then losing your cool when Cru asks a simple question, or it's starting 3 threads on whether or not you should be able to have more than one poll, because... because... because... you're Reep and then hounding the topic to death even after Lightning Lad makes a call on it.

And if it's not that, it's starting a ruckus over whether Thriftshop Debutante has the right to post whimsical topics on the Legion board. And if it's not that, it's telling Nightcrawler how you think he ought to make his smileys (yes, I remember back THAT far.) I think you're the highest-maintenance person on this board.

Getting back to the original question... does Greybird actively seek to demean you and your posts every chance he gets? Possibly. I can't rule that out. But whether he does have that goal in mind or not is IRRELEVANT, becase he doesn't call you names. He doesn't belittle your intelligence. He doesn't throw profanity in your direction. He keeps his criticisms of you on-topic and you fly off the handle. Time after time after time. But I see no reason for chastizing Greybird just because he's being intellectually antagonistic. Once he gets personally antagonistic, it's time to step in.

Let's review.

"A thread that's intended to solely be put in the service of a personal project should be labeled that way in its title. Those who aren't interested in taking part can thus avoid reading it in the first place, let alone responding." is NOT a personal attack.

And then you called the guy a loon. Who's attacking whom?

Spare us the false marytrdom, please. I, for one, am sick of these games you continue to play with the entire board. I would like to see you participating here, because you have value and what you do here has value, but if I have to hear about how hurt, mistreated, unfairly persecuted, and wounded you are one more time, I... I... I...

I'm just going to end this post. I don't think either of you are bad people, even though I know you both disagree with me (on the other's behalf, of course.) But I am TIRED of this pattern of behavior. And I'm particularly upset by how you choose to interact with Lightning Lad and Nightcrawler in public. They don't have to give us this place to hang out.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#721467 12/13/03 09:06 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I'd delete every topic that came close to being an arguement/debate.
You don't think there's a difference between an argument/flame war & a debate? All the crap that's been brought up here by "Non-Active" is certainly an argument. But reasoned debates about on-topic stuff which doesn't involve throwing tantrums about sane rules or flaming people like Grey, Gary, Scott and the rest of us is another matter entirely.

Heck, what goes on in the issue-review threads if not debates?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#721468 12/13/03 12:28 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
SoM, what I meant is that any arguement that turns into a long drawn out attack, similar to the old TMK/post-boot debates on the DCMBs that produced no intellegent observation but served as a way for posters to enrage each other. Normal debates that aren't flame wars are always welcome smile . Sorry if I made this unclear, I was a little caught up in the moment.

#721469 12/13/03 12:36 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
That, and he has a phobia with regards to debating after his disastrous time spent on his High School debate team... shake wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#721470 12/13/03 12:39 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
The true fear of debating is when I tried to figure out who Homecoming Queen was by debating with Pov, Lash and Stu and somehow ended up dressed like a cheerleader hitchhiking cross country while Pov was dressed in a gorilla suit. Luckily we had free coupons for the new McGriddle at McDonalds!

#721471 12/13/03 02:38 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The true fear of debating is when I tried to figure out who Homecoming Queen was by debating with Pov, Lash and Stu and somehow ended up dressed like a cheerleader hitchhiking cross country while Pov was dressed in a gorilla suit. Luckily we had free coupons for the new McGriddle at McDonalds!
Ohh, I would love to have seen THAT! lol lol lol

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#721472 12/13/03 04:36 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
They were auditioning for the lead roles in my ANGEL & THE APE movie adaptation...

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#721473 12/13/03 07:42 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
[Linked Image]

love

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#721474 12/14/03 10:22 AM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I've never hidden my fondness for McGriddles .

#721475 12/14/03 10:25 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Stu, McGriddles are delicious! Best McDonalds food ever.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,974
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Eryk Davis Ester
Eryk Davis Ester
Liberty City
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star