Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: INVASION
#731166 08/31/06 09:52 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Note: Goon Boy had intended to join the Battle in LW Orbit but forgot as he tends to do...

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#731167 08/31/06 09:54 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
<eats some whoopie pie. Drinks some of Aunt Ida's Lemonade.>

Man Alive!!! I feel great all of a sudden. I'm ready to lead some of these soldiers back into the fray!!!
Gather around warriors, we're headed for Legion Plaza.

#731168 08/31/06 10:01 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Meanwhile in the countryside...

<Lumber Fox battles invading foot soldiers ferociously at the LMBP Ranch. The ranch borders Legion World's single-biggest farm/food-processing plant. He's rallying the local farmers>

"HAROOOOO!" Lumber Fox growls. "Fight, my friends, we must hold the line here until reinforcements come! If Legion World is to survive this, our food sources must be defended!"

#731169 09/01/06 08:55 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<the blue glow emanating from Cobalt that is his own healing power continues to grow slowly, as the soul-link to Crujectra provides him strength>

<he mumbles but no words escape his lips>

[Crujectra's telepathic link] Crujectra sees images of Ggrrgg, Cobalt's home, and soldiers marching to victory, while Cobalt looks on in horror. Crujectra sees Cobalt being tortued by Dr. Albert Hoffman and Dark Conan as they run a razor up and down his torso. Crujectra sees Cobalt cutting Dr. Albert Hoffman in half. Crujectra sees Cobalt's Triumvirate army marching to victory, with Cobalt at the lead, very pleased.[/Crujectra's telepathic link]

#731170 09/01/06 09:15 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Space

<The Dark Oval Dreadnoughts begin their unwavering decimation of all the fleets that stand in their way. Whordru’s forces begin to falter and two Psyonian ships are lost. Kamakazi methods are used to ensure ships are destroyed, as many Hrykosians are adherents to the Black Sun faith and thus are promised wealth beyond imagination in the after life>
--------------------------

The Evil Genius Supper Club

<an elite guard of Dominion Un-killables make an attempt to break into the Supper Club to gather all of Tamper Lad’s technology, including his protocols for using Legion World finances to cause a complete economic shut-down across the UP>
----------------------------

Medicus-Two (current sick-bay for the wounded)

<the bombing of Medicus-Two becomes a primary goal for low-level Hrykosians and Dominators as it will be rewarded with large land allotments on Legion World>

------------------------------
Dark Oval Command Center

Hrykosian High Commander: “Enough. A small resistance has gathered in the garment district of Legion World, possibly under the lead of Supreme Justice Quislet, Esq. Supposedly, it includes some of our own soldiers. I’m leading an elite strike-force of ‘Prime Soldiers’ (Those with Superboy Prime DNA) to go in there and exterminate them, including our own traitors. I’ll lead the expedition myself.”

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#731171 09/01/06 12:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Meanwhile, approaching Legion World orbit...

<The Battlestar Galaxia, the crown of the Psyonian fleet, slows to impulse power as it approaches Legion World. On the bridge...>

[King Hrold]: Commander, raise shields and arm all weaponry. My children are on that planet, and there's not an enemy ship in that entire fleet that will keep me from them.

[Commander Hren]: Arm all defensive shields and lock phasers and torpedos on target... FIRE!

<Battlestar Galaxia moves into the Dark Oval fleet, hammering at the ships with plasma torpedos and lasers>

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#731172 09/01/06 12:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Meanwhile, in the Medical Center at LMBP Plaza...

<Crujectra sits holding Cobalt Kid's hand, eyes clenched shut as she tried to sort through the thoughts and memories flowing through her telepathic link to Cobalt Kid. Suddenly, her eyes snap open and she turns away from her comatose lover>

What in the...?

<Using her FarSight, Crujectra gazes out through the walls of the building, and out across the city>

Oh... my... god...

<There, on a direct path toward LMBP Plaza, was a battalion of Hrykosian Red Guardsmen, leaving carnage and ruin in their wake>

Cobie, if you're planning to wake up anytime soon, this might be a good time.

LARDLAD! Snap out of it! We're in trouble!

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#731173 09/01/06 12:57 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<At Quislet Esq's table, Rockhopper Lad is still quite upset>

Rockhopper Lass: Eudyptes, please eat something. Didn't you say you liked these whoopie pies?

Rockhopper Lad: I can't eat, Adelie. I'm worried sick about Blaine. I should have been able to do something.

RhLass: Before my Eudyptes--the one on my world--went insane, he would get in these moods. He would get upset, but he always knew he could talk to his little sister.

RhLad: You sound just like my Adelie.

Infra-Red Lass: Rockhopper Lad, there was nothing you could do. We were overwhelmed and exhausted. I'm worried about Blaine and the others too.

<High-Density Kid and Polka Dot Lad stagger up to the table; IRL runs to their arms>

Quislet, Esq.: Please have something to eat. Refresh yourselves. You too, Rockhopper Lad. Eat something.

RhLad: You're right. It worked for Dedman and he already led Commander Handbasket and her troops out of here. <RhLass hands her "brother" a whoopie pie.>

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#731174 09/01/06 02:27 PM
strange but not a stranger
Dark Oval Command Center
Crouching in the surrounding brush
Commander Handbasket: hmmm... Usually there are more guards around.

*commander Handbasket leads her force to the back of the command center. She signals and four soldiers take watch position. Another two approach the pre-fab building and set a small charge. Dedman thinks that the sound will bring whatever soldiers there to them, but is surprized when he sees and smells but doesn't hear the explosion. *

Commander Handbasket: A flatulent bomb. Silent but deadly. Wait another 5 seconds for the fumes to dissipate.

*the commando team and Dedman enter the building. They make their way to the communications room. Bursting in, they are surprized to find only two techs and a junior grade officer there*

Commander Handbasket: Where's Metternich?

DO Officer: Who are you? And what have you done to your uniforms?

Commander Handbasket: I'll ask the questions here Corporal. Now where is Metternich? He has to stop this invasion. These are good people here. Warm and welcoming. There is no need for this bloody war.

DO Officer: You...You must be the traitors Magistrate Metternich is going to exterminate.

Dedman (grapping the corporal's tunic): What do you mean "exterminate"?

DO Officer: Magistrate Metternich was going to the garment district where he heard there was some resistance going on, some of our own troops defending these Legion World scum. He..he thought that some guy named Quiznos was behind it.

Dedman: Quis? Commander we have to go back and save Quislet, Esq. He's a great guy but can't physically fight to save his life.

Commander Handbasket: Yes we had better hurry. But first... Lt. Shakes I am leaving you here with 5 soldiers. I want you to start sending out false orders. Have troops go to the wrong place. Anything to disrupt this invasion and protect these wonderful people.

Lt. Shakes: Yes Ma'am!

----------

Meanwhile approaching the hospitality table of Quislet, Esq.

Hrykosian High Commander: Trooper, use your enhanced prime vision to tell me what is happening.

Trooper: Sir Yes Sir! I see a large table with approximately 300 of the regular troopers sitting around it. They are eating many different types of food and are drinking a pinkish beverage from various pitchers. I see a Legion Worlder among them, talking to various troopers, and now reaching for some sort of chocolate cake filled with cream. And I see some rhubarb pie sir.

*some drool is starting to form on the trooper's lips*

Hrykosian High Commander: Rhubarb pie?

Trooper: Sir Yes Sir, just like my mom used to make. Boy! that looks good. I haven't had any for a couple of years now.

*The Hrykosian High Commander stares intently at the trooper. He then nods to another trooper. The second trooper focuses his eyes on the first trooper. Twin red beams burst forth and fry the first trooper.*

First Trooper: AAAAARRRRRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Hrykosian High Commander: Hmm this may be more tricky than I thought.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#731175 09/01/06 03:29 PM
Applicant
Applicant
"Have found Re-Bot captives. Are in a bad way. No sign of other captives - possibly elsewhere. Given length of search, unlikely that they are alive in building. Please advise"

Reboot: "You're sure none of the other captives are there?"

Re-Bot spokesman: "Positive."

Reboot: "Plan A then, now."

*almost immediately, three Re-Bots, two badly injured, appear in the Mainframe. Meanwhile, in the Dark Oval base where they had been held..."

Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>Reboot<span style="font-size: 1px;"> </span>

*The building explodes into fragments as 100 Giant-Size Re-Bots appear out of what seems to be nowhere, utterly destroying the building*

#731176 09/01/06 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
A ghost image of Faraway Lad appears.

“Quislet? Quislet is that you? Damnation, this projector is damaged by the rain I am not sure if you are alone or not but I will have to take the risk” he says

“Quislet as the pre eminent legal mind on Legion World I think you need to know….

The image fades for a moment and returns

“…..ger is a mercenary, but an honest one. Once bought he stays bought. Use Diplomatic cost code 337/alpha/10 to transfer 100,000 Legion World)credits to his account (I think that equates to around 20,000,000,genarii and so allows him to repay his previous employers and turn a nice profit)

Faraway continues

“You need to go to the founders and remind them of the secret protocols I negotiated between ourselves and the Northern Barbarians, The Khudians and the far off Empire of Byzantium. Tell the founders to use the section 4, subsection III clauses 4,6 and 8 to instigate the mutual re insurance treaty and full military support clauses and instigate a full scale mobilisation of all fleets as we are going to need them to defeat the Dark Oval.
*has one of the converted Dark Oval troopers deliver this message to Lardlad*

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#731177 09/01/06 05:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
A ghostly image of Faraway Lad appears.

Ambassador Metternich? Ambassador Metternich, As Ambassador for the free people of LegionWorld and the LMBP we must talk”

As you can see. Armies are sweping across all known space. Many wars are springing up amongst systems only briefly touched by the LMBP or the Dark Oval. If we are to avoid this war becoming a general one, rather than a localised one, we must enter into negotiations.

Therefore as Ambassador I ask you to set out clearly and unequivocally, your aims and intentions. Lets us see if there is a way in which we can solve our differences by words not war”

Faithfull
#731178 09/01/06 06:25 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
[b]Meanwhile, in the Medical Center at LMBP Plaza...

<Crujectra sits holding Cobalt Kid's hand, eyes clenched shut as she tried to sort through the thoughts and memories flowing through her telepathic link to Cobalt Kid. Suddenly, her eyes snap open and she turns away from her comatose lover>

What in the...?

<Using her FarSight, Crujectra gazes out through the walls of the building, and out across the city>

Oh... my... god...

<There, on a direct path toward LMBP Plaza, was a battalion of Hrykosian Red Guardsmen, leaving carnage and ruin in their wake>

Cobie, if you're planning to wake up anytime soon, this might be a good time.

LARDLAD! Snap out of it! We're in trouble! [/b]
Staggering into the Medical center carrying two hurt civilians Hrun notices Cobalts still body and Spellbinders look of horror.

Drawing his bruised and bloody body upright again he walks over to Cobalt and kneels by the bedside.

“Most noble Cobaltus thine enemies shall pay for this”

Turning to Spellbinder he said

“Thy large friend seems to be of no use in battle my lady, but thou shalt not stand alone in the defence of thy lord. No Red Guardsman shall pass. Not whilst there is breath in my body. Know thee that I have a family quest to complete but that shall wait. If by my sword, by my life or by my death I can serve thee I shall”

“but mayhap we need some help” and taking a large horn from a baldric around his shoulder he blew three short, sharp yet sweet blasts.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
#731179 09/01/06 06:50 PM
Active
Active
In the vastness of space, in an area little frequented by so called civilised space faring races the answering sound of horns are heard.

From a hundred small planets rise fleets of small dragon ships. A prow that echo’s the shape of a dragon with wings of red and white along the side of the vessel.

Inside hundreds of doughty warriors prepare for battle.

In the lead ship Yarl Sigismund one eye is in command he is exhorting the fleet via an open com link

“So, Hrun calls us, and now my children we ride now to war, no mercy, I will kill anyone I see showing mercy. Ride on children, ride on to our death and to our glory”!!!

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
#731180 09/01/06 09:36 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Dedman: Commander Handbasket, return to Quislet and help him out......I'm going to continue to Legion Plaza....alone

Commander Handbasket: consider it done

<dedman makes his way towards Legion Plaza.
after passing several streets, he begins to near his destination.
Suddenly he encounters a battalion of Hrykosian Red Guardsmen. He sends forth a cloud of darkness, momentarily sending a full third of thier numbers to the Poltergeist Area, leaving a pile of gibbering idiots in its wake.>

Dedman: This is fantastic. since I've eaten whoopie pie, I've never felt so powerful

<Before dedman can do or say anything else, he is attacked by the Prime Guard.
Under the concentrated power of thier heat vision, Dedman's head explodes!!!!>

Meanwhile, Elsewhere

<Commander Handbasket and her troops return to Quislet's table only to encounter the Hrykosian High Commander and his Prime soldiers. A fullscale battle breaks out with Quislet, Rockhopper Lad and the SMB caught in the middle!!!>

#731181 09/01/06 10:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
HIGH ABOVE LEGION WORLD BUT SURPRISINGLY DISTANT FROM THE REMAINS OF THE SPACE PORT AND THE STAR SHIP BATTLE:

(DB awakens amongst the frozen bodies of Dark oval soldiers) "Gotta love automatic transuits, the Dark Oval troopers weren't so lucky. how long have i been out? The last thing i remember was flipping out at Lardy and....that glow...like his teleportation power.....AGGGHHHH LardLad!!!! not only do you teleport me away but you take me out of the fight!!!!"

"wonder how things are going planet side. Time to use some future-tech"

"Door!" (a black vertical rectangle appears in front of DB. He drifts through and vanishes, the rectangle collapsing after he passes through.)

(A black rectangle appears inside a vintage time bubble, tricked out with technology from DB's home alternative future, DB comes into view abit worse for wear.)

"Computer, display Dark Oval terran command center."

(a map on the viewscreen illuminates the Dark Oval position)

"Game on".

#731182 09/01/06 10:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dark Oval Command Center:

(a robed figure stalks through the camp relatively unnoticed. Ever soldier preparing for battle or going about duties. DB makes his way to the center of the camp, near the command tents. sneaking behind the communications tent, he listens in: )

["Commander Handbasket: Where's Metternich?

DO Officer: Who are you? And what have you done to your uniforms?

Commander Handbasket: I'll ask the questions here Corporal. Now where is Metternich? He has to stop this invasion. These are good people here. Warm and welcoming. There is no need for this bloody war.

DO Officer: You...You must be the traitors Magistrate Metternich is going to exterminate.

Dedman (grapping the corporal's tunic): What do you mean "exterminate"?

DO Officer: Magistrate Metternich was going to the garment district where he heard there was some resistance going on, some of our own troops defending these Legion World scum. He..he thought that some guy named Quiznos was behind it.

Dedman: Quis? Commander we have to go back and save Quislet, Esq. He's a great guy but can't physically fight to save his life."]
"hmmm the garment district. Maybe i can finish this with Magistrate Metternich's demise, there has already been too much lost."

(DB turns and stalks towrds the garment district)

#731183 09/01/06 11:04 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Quislet's Table

Quis, Rockhopper! Look out!!!

<Matlock vaults past them onto the nearest table holding aloft the last remaining chunk of the Security Office's Green Kryptonite, salvaged from the ruins>

Come on! Get some, ya scumbags!!!

<As the Prime soldiers attempt to back away from the deadly kryptonite, they are trapped within an unbreakable, impenetrable forcefield of swirling pearlescent sheen. The forcefield begins to contract, forcing them ever closer to their doom. Matlock, eyes glowing the same manner as the shield and standing in the middle of the shield now appears to be in his mid twenties.>

Oh how you'll pay for this... Goodbye fishin' boat...

<A band of the Prime soldiers unleash a concentrated assault on a small area of the field in a desperate bid for survival. The feedback staggers Matlock, who now appears to be in his late teens. The field holds and the Prime soldiers begin to succumb. A lone soldier staggers forward and delivers a weakend but still deadly blow toward Matlock. Matlock drops the field surrounding the fallen soldiers and concentrates his field in a desperate block against the crushing blow. A blinding light fills the area. As the eyes of Quislet, Rockhopper and the SMB'ers clear, they see the soldier, now dead, and a small boy of about 18 months age.>

Ah Sprock! Sprockin' Sprock!!! Look at me, will you?!? Uh, guys? Little help here? I think I'm out of the fight for a while. I won't get my shield powers back for about... 10 years? Man. Well at least the Prime soldiers are out of the mix.

I can't even fire a weapon.. rrrrrr.

#731184 09/01/06 11:37 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Meanwhile back at LW Medical Center...

<Hummer Lass drifts into Cobalt's room on a hover chair. Spellbinder is startled for a moment as Hrun has been gone for a few minutes. She realizes immediately why the new arrival is there.>

"Help him, Pru," Spellbinder says, her attitude toward Lard Lad softening slightly at the sight of this heavily-bandaged woman who she knows cares deeply about the catatonic pariah sitting motionless in the chair.

"Thank you, Princess," Hummer Lass answers softly.

Hummer Lass looks at Lard Lad and is is struck by how some cruel person has drawn graffiti on his face and shaved off some of his body hair. No matter what he has supposedly done, she can't believe someone would be this cruel to a man who has saved far more lives than he ever alledgedly took.

Then she reaches out to him, both with her bandaged hands and her empathically-sensitive mind. She has been developing this latent power over the last two years. What Pru senses from Lard Lad is blinding, overwhelming pain, and she recoils at the shocking impact his pain has on her mind.

She gathers herself for a moment, then reconnects. Using all the will at her disposal, she dives straight back into the tempest of his mind and slowly finds a calm spot deep underneath.

Aloud, she says, "Lardy, it's Pru...I'm here for you. You are not alone! You are..loved."

Eyes still closed, he speaks. "No..I don't deserve it. So many people hate me..."

"No!" she responds. "Most of them don't hate you for what's happened. Many of them blame you, but few actually hate you. You're a good man, Lardy. You saved me! You've saved thousand, maybe hundreds of thousands!"

"Cobalt..." Lardy mutters.

She looks at Cobalt Kid a moment, reaching out with her empathic sense. "No, Lardy..he loves you like a brother. I think he always will. These are difficult times, but underneath, he still feels the same."

"...dying...he's..."

"Yes, he is, Lardy," she responds, "but somehow, I think you can save him, make him better." She reaches out to Cobalt again. "I think he believes you can save him, too."

Lard Lad's eyes open wide suddenly. "Pru?"

She smiles at him. "Yes, Lardy. It's me."

"You're..you're okay?"

"Yes, I am, thanks to you! I'm bandaged almost head-to-toe, but the skin is regrowing and the bones repairing...thanks to modern medicine. And thanks to you."

"Thank the gods," he says and gives her a hug. He looks at Cobalt and Spellbinder and walks over.

For the first time in a while, Crujectra looks him right in the eyes. "I can't keep him alive much longer, Lardy. Save him!"

"Can you link my mind to his, Jeckie?"

She nods and touches her hand to his forehead. Lard Lad closes his eyes for a moment. Then he gently removes her hand and holds it in his.

"Jeckie, Cobalt suggested an option which just might work. He's been afraid to share it with you because it's an idea you might not like."

"Lardy," Spellbinder responds, as fresh tears well up, "if it saves his life, I don't care what it is--I would consider it a miracle!"

With a gentle smile he lets go of her hand and replies, "...or magic--I'll be back real soon."

And with a pop, he 'ports out of the room.

Hummer Lass drifts over to the Princess and takes her hand. Somehow their spirits lift. They have a feeling Cobalt's best friend may come through for him after all.....

#731185 09/02/06 12:44 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<At Quislet's Table>

Quislet, Esq.: Well, that would have been unpleasant.

Rockhopper Lad: Adelie, I think we'd better see to it that these Prime Soldiers stay down. <They join hands>
RhLad & Lass: FREEZE!!!

<All the remaining unconscious Prime Soldiers are cryogenically frozen>

Infra Red Lass: How can you freeze them if they have Kryptonian DNA, even in their state? I know I couldn't.

RhLad: The Pyngwyn ice powers are magic-based. The sorcerers of the Pyngwyn Colonies imparted it on the House of Rockhopper ages ago. And, of course, Kryptonians are vulnerable to magic. <Looks over to Matlock> Matlock! You're--ah--younger! <Picks him up and places him on the table>.

Matlock:It's still me! I've just been de-aged to a toddler! You and--Rockhopper Lass, is it--might be the only people who can do anything to the Prime Soldiers.

Rh Lad: Adelie, let's see if there are any more of them. We'll be back! <They head off and, presently encounter Commander Handbasket and her troops fighting another packet of Prime Soldiers>

Rh Lad & Lass: FREEZE!!! <The soldiers freeze>

Cmdr Handbasket: Rockhopper Lad! Thank you! We owe you! But the Hykrosian Ambassador got away!

Rh Lad: We'll find him--and the others!

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#731186 09/02/06 12:47 AM
Deputy
Deputy
The streets of Legion world

Polar boy marchs down the street covered in caked on mud (apparently passed out in a feild near the destroyed security office for the last couple of days) Polar boy is disorientated and mummbleing to himself he has a large gapeing wound to the back of his head. Everywhere he looks he see superman prime.

Must save legion world
must save legion world
must slay legion worm

suddenly polar boy screams and strats wildly throwing ice daggers in all directions. The streets are empty however the ice daggers inadvertenly destroy the hiding places of several citizens who run for their lives.

all Polar boy sees is superman prime and drawing on power reserves that nobody realised he had the amount of flying ice daggers increase being flung indiscrimentarly in all directions.

arrrrgggghhhh

:polarboy:
#731187 09/02/06 12:55 AM
Applicant
Applicant
*three Re-Bots appear and the lead one of the three hits PolarBoy very hard on his forehead. He collapses*

"Tut-tut-tut. Some people just don't know when to stop, do they?" says one, picking him up.

"Nasty wound tho, innit?"

"Easily fixed though, Reboot"

"There we are, good as new."

"Where should we put him?"

"Oh, that pile of mud over there should do fine".

"Great"

*shlump*

*Re-Bots teleport out*

#731188 09/02/06 01:29 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Quislet's Table:

<From the direction of the Dark Oval command center a series of explosions are heard>

Ah, Rockhopper. You're going to have to uh, let me ride piggyback. I need to get over there and see what's going on. We've got to rally whoever's available from the Security Office and get over there. I know the sound of those explosions. If I'm right, and I know I am, that was the work of my arch enemy, Bombs Under Toilets King. If the Miscreant's Guild has joined the defense of Legion World, I'll put my own feelings aside... for now.

#731189 09/02/06 09:06 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<The newly de-aged Matlock climbs up on Rockhopper Lad's back, the remaining SMBers and Cmdr. Handbasket's troops gather round them.>

RhLad: Okay. Matlock, send out a message to whichever Security officers are available. Now that we've all been fortified with Quis' whoopie pies and Aunt Ida's special lemonade, let's get to the Dark Oval Command Center. Along the way, we'll see if we find any of our people. Let's go!

#731190 09/02/06 02:19 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<Lardy 'ports into a fortified bunker located beneath the ruins of the Lair>

"Tactical display on!"

breep. achnowledged.

"Hmmm...doesn't look good at all. There are many battles going well for us, but scans show reinforcements showing up continually. This doesn't look good."

<He ponders this for a long moment.>

"Okay...I'm going to have to send the signal. I hoped I wouldn't have to but...computer send prepared encrypted message: 'Lardy-Delta-One'!"

acknowledged......sent.

"Good...computer locate designate 'Whordru' on display."

acknowledged. designate 'Whordru' is in Legion World orbit in Sector 3-H.

"Got it! Computer, activate self-destruct program 'Lardy-FS'!"

acknowledged. Self-destruct in five..four..

<Lard Lad 'ports out.>

..three..two..one.......

<Bunker implodes. The rubble above doesn't even stir.>

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Brainiac 5
Brainiac 5
the Detroit multi-lab
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star