Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 42 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:57 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 07:13 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Superboy rumours *Possible Spoilers*
#32759 02/20/05 05:08 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
I didn't see this posted yet, apologies if it is. smile

From the latest All The Rage :

"We’ve received further word on the rumored Superboy ongoing series. From what I’ve been told, the series is still in the proposal stage. The initial idea for the revival came from Dan Didio and the writer said to be developing it is Mark Waid.

Rumor has it that the storyline will stem out of Legion and Crisis 2, and “will Hypertime Superboy” into the new Legion series."

Paul Newell
Titan President
Re: Superboy rumours *Possible Spoilers*
#32760 02/20/05 05:27 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I wonder how long before the new Legion kicks the new Superboy out of his title?

#32761 02/20/05 05:38 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
lol

Sorry, I really, genuinely laughed when I saw this.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#32762 02/20/05 06:37 PM
Active
Active
What a spectacularly made-up fan-boy rumour!

I love how it is supposedly stemming from Crisis 2 which from what I can gather, doesn't actually exist.

#32763 02/20/05 06:44 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
We finally have a commercially successful Legion with no ties to Superboy or the Superman family.

Hypertiming Superboy into the Legion would be a disaster of TMK-blowing-up-the-moon sized proportions.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#32764 02/20/05 06:54 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I think these rumors are simply a ruse to cover up the fact that DC is working on a new series starring Jerry Siegal's other great creation...

MatterEaterLad

#32765 02/20/05 07:19 PM
C
Active
Active
C
AWESOME!

I hope its true!

*hope springs eternal*

Kon-el!

The Legion!

GOLD!

Now if they can have Cosmic Boy not be a complete ****head and actually show Kon as a hero....maybe it won't suck!

Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p
#32766 02/20/05 07:27 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Not only would incoporating superboy into the legion be a mistake but a 2nd crisis sound just that...another crisis.
gah.
leave it alone already.

scotty b

#32767 02/20/05 08:28 PM
C
Active
Active
C
Crisis 2 was Zero Hour.

This "crisis" is a simple war against Supervillainy.

Talia, Lex Luthor, Doctor Psycho, the Calculator, and Black Adam (with Deathstroke) are going to plot some wickedness.

A hero will die.

Nothing major time shattering.

#32768 02/20/05 09:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I wonder how long before the new Legion kicks the new Superboy out of his title?
Cammon! When does THAT ever happen? wink

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#32769 02/20/05 10:45 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Originally posted by Charles Phipps:
Crisis 2 was Zero Hour.

Talia, Lex Luthor, Doctor Psycho, the Calculator, and Black Adam (with Deathstroke) are going to plot some wickedness.

A hero will die.

Where did you hear that?

The rumours I saw were these ones:

From various Lying in the Gutters:
"DC "Countdown." Yes. It's a countdown to Crisis 2."

"Remember a few months ago, Lying In The Gutters mentioned a new Crisis series for 2005 by Geoff Johns and Phil Jiminez?

Well, I've just received a few more details. Trouble is they're being disputed. Let's see.

I've been told the whole of the DC Universe will jump forward by a year. All the titles will have completely new setups as a result, and the new Crisis series will gradually explain what happened to leave all the characters in the state they are after the year gap.

And that the first books to launch out of that will be the previously mentioned Superman by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely in August, Batman by Jim Lee and Jeph Loeb, and Wonder Woman by Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver.

But despite the story being well sourced, someone else equally well sourced is throwing water over it. And not just over the possibility that the new books don't spin out of Crisis 2, but that the book is about something else entirely. Or am I just hedging my bets?

Either way, definitely expect shock and awe for whatever emerges from whatever Crisis turns out to be. And expect to see DC titles dominate the charts for a fair few months."

"The Crisis 2 saga continues. Written by Geoff Johns, drawn by Phil Jiminez, it appears that "Identity Crisis" and other events across the DC Universe will provide plot points that will all tie into next summer's extravaganza at DC. Look for a number of books to start kicking things off.

An early indicator will be in the "Adam Strange" series. Keep your eyes open over there for something that will kick off Crisis 2... whether in the book, or on a spinoff series entitled "The Rann/Thangar War."

I'm told other events contributing to the overall revamping and adrenaline injection of the DC Universe include "Day of Vengance," "Villains United" and "Amazons Attack."

And recently in an issue of "Teen Titans" written by Geoff Johns, Batman (The Adult Tim Drake) mentions a crisis that happened not long after the Titans got sucked into the future.

Start joining the dots, people."
From various All the Rage:
"Countdown is heavily rumored to lead into next summer’s Crisis 2, which incidentally is also said to feature Jim Lee & Alex Ross covers."

"Earlier this week, frequent ATR contributor, John Voulieris scored some interesting info from a source within DC. “The Insider” had this to say about DC’s Crisis 2:

They're not sure if it will actually be called "Crisis 2" in its final form, although "Crisis" will definitely be in the title. This will be overseen by Geoff Johns, who is already setting the table for the event in Teen Titans and JSA. (Diligent readers will note the references to this "Crisis" in the Titans' future hiding in the storyline currently in shops.) Expect both books to play major roles in Crisis 2. The goal this time is not so much to streamline and simplify the DCU, but to establish a new status quo for DC characters which will feature a looser adherence to strict continuity, a more classic and distinct appearance for each major character, and hopefully attract more readers as a result. (Dan Didio has been touting this approach for several months. Expect Crisis 2 to heavily underscore it.)"
I also remembered reading somewhere that the working title was "CRISIS ON EARTH", but I couldn't find the quote anywhere.

Paul Newell
Titan President
#32770 02/21/05 12:39 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
With Waid we don't know if it's Kon-El or Kal-El joining the Legion. Both right now both scare me especially Kal-El...if it is Kal I will have to jump ship asap. wink

But as some mentioned here...if we have a successful Legion lets not force a Superboy on them. They don't need him.

#32771 02/21/05 12:44 AM
C
Active
Active
C
Read between the lines and all will become clear

The "Crisis" is a lead in from Identity Crisis. A work that was largely about making a bunch of 'joke' villains into threats again.

The Rann/Thanagar war is purely something meant to reinvigorate Hawkman and Adam Strange as viable titles.

Villains Unlimited is touted as THE big Crisis team and its really just a reimagined Legion of Doom/Secret Society of Supervillains/Injustice Gang. Deathstroke, Black Adam, Luthor, Talia, and the Calculator

The "Titans event" is going to be largely just a big throw down because there's been no foreshadowing of time breaking down, instead only of villains getting NASTY in the Flash and other spots.

The fact they're "rebooting" doesn't really mean anything.

#32772 02/21/05 01:04 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Read between the lines and all will become clear

The "Crisis" is a lead in from Identity Crisis. A work that was largely about making a bunch of 'joke' villains into threats again.

The Rann/Thanagar war is purely something meant to reinvigorate Hawkman and Adam Strange as viable titles.

Villains Unlimited is touted as THE big Crisis team and its really just a reimagined Legion of Doom/Secret Society of Supervillains/Injustice Gang. Deathstroke, Black Adam, Luthor, Talia, and the Calculator

The "Titans event" is going to be largely just a big throw down because there's been no foreshadowing of time breaking down, instead only of villains getting NASTY in the Flash and other spots.

The fact they're "rebooting" doesn't really mean anything.
Damn. If this is what it'll be about, colour me uninterested. If it was going to be something to commerate the 20th anniversary of Crisis I would have given it a shot....But this idea.....Forget it. :rolleyes:

Paul Newell
Titan President
#32773 02/21/05 07:11 AM
Deputy
Deputy
NO to Superboy. YES to Lar Gand.

#32774 02/21/05 08:59 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Interesting rumor.

If it's true, I'd rather it not get past the proposal stage.

But I'm also not going to worry about it much right now.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#32775 02/21/05 09:10 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Tromium said: NO to Superboy. YES to Lar Gand.
MmmmmMAYbe to Lar -as- Superboy??? wink I wish DNA had followed up on that YJ OWAW issue...

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#32776 02/21/05 10:19 AM
Leader
Leader
As much as I like both Superboy and Mon-El (and I LOVE Supergirl), I hope none of them joins the new Legion. They're all too powerful and make the other members useless. Who needs 20 kids who can walk thru walls, turn invisible, make things float, etc. when only 1 member can accomplish more than all the others put together and do it at super speed to boot?

At least Ultra Boy has the limitation of using only one power at a time and the new Element Lad is severely limited too, in having to touch what he transmutes, and I applaud that limitation. The Legion isn't about 1 godlike member with a bunch of wimpy hangers on. It's about variety and teamwork.

However, an occasional guest appearance by the space roaming Mon-El, or the time roaming Superboy or Supergirl would be welcome. Just don't keep them around permanently.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#32777 02/21/05 02:09 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
If Kal-El's included, it should be a "still learning to use his super-powers" version, rather than a Silver-Age power level version.

#32778 02/21/05 07:57 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Forget Superboy and Supergirl, stick with Mon-El!!!

#32779 02/21/05 08:25 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Tromium:
NO to Superboy. YES to Lar Gand.
I'll second that. Ideally, the Legion should have as little to do with the 21st Century as possible, with the exception that Lar Gand originated there.

Dan
#32780 02/21/05 08:50 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by ferroboy:
Originally posted by Tromium:
[b] NO to Superboy. YES to Lar Gand.
I'll second that. Ideally, the Legion should have as little to do with the 21st Century as possible, with the exception that Lar Gand originated there.[/b]
I'll third that, with the addition of Laurel Gand.

I like seeing the heavy-hitters and lesser-powered Legionnaires mix it up.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#32781 02/21/05 08:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
(and it wouldn't bother me so much if the re-imagined Mon-El did NOT originate in our time)

#32782 02/21/05 09:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I would like to see a 31st Century, Hypertime Kal-El and Kara join the Legion. Maybe, just to shake things up a little, they could be brother and sister, and Mon-El, their cousin from sister planet Daxam, could join as well smile

The inclusion of a few "godlike" members would not make the less powerful members obsolete. It's a big galaxy, and even a Superboy can't be everywhere. And even so, if a mission requires stealth, would you really choose Superboy over Invisible Kid?

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#32783 02/21/05 09:12 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Crisis 2 was Zero Hour.

A hero will die.

That group should have some interesting internal dynamics, given Talia's deliberate and premeditated bankrupting of LexCorp ...

"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,203
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star