Roll Call
1 members (stile86), 61 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/14/24 09:18 PM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by Pov - 05/14/24 09:11 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/14/24 08:53 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/14/24 08:52 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/14/24 08:49 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/14/24 08:44 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes Fansets Pins
by Nightcrawler - 05/14/24 08:43 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/14/24 08:42 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The FIVE FACES OF DEATH: The Bride of Lonestar Ranger!!!
#736320 08/31/07 08:56 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
At last, my plans are reaching economic fruition. Investors are rapidly buying up Legion World stocks at inflated prices and when the market falls, I'll collect.

But now I turn my attentions to ruining a beloved LMB marriage and creating my own.

*dastardly grin*

<Message to Frio>

Frio, I have urgent need to speak to you at your earliest convenience, concerning your sister Caliente. Gary Concord is of course welcome. I have turned her almost completely over, but we have agreed on a plan in order to move forward. We will need you to begin infiltrating the LMB…

Justice comes at a price. What are you willing to pay for it?
Re: The FIVE FACES OF DEATH: The Bride of Lonestar Ranger!!!
#736321 08/31/07 12:58 PM
Active
Active
<There is a brilliant beam of light and then... Empress Frio suddenly appears.>

You have need for me, Lonestar Ranger?

I am pleased to hear of your progress with Caliente; however, the idea of returning to the LMB is... disconcerting. Still, I am fully prepared to act for the greater good of our cause as it suits me to see us succeed.

#736322 09/06/07 09:07 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
(Cali is running for LMB Leader? Dammit! This doesn't look good for me at all...)

(I'm going to need to think of something to explain to Frio, otherwise she'll start asking questions.)

Frio, dear lady, perhaps we shall discuss the infiltration of the LMB, as I previously mentioned. You'll notice a very public display of rudeness and uncouth attitudes among the LMB, specifically Tamper Lad and Lard Lad, as they subject your sister to their disgusting advances. Not only must she deal with that tiresome Actor Lad for a husband, but now also these bumbling would-be suitors.

(Now I must play this carefully)

#736323 09/06/07 04:41 PM
Active
Active
Infiltration of the LMB? What did you have in mind? I, myself, would rather not condescend to such a position.

(The LMB-- that would be a problem. She has too many close ties there. I may be stronger but she has fought me before. Despite all my consessions to her. Perhaps it's time I rid my new body of her once and for all...)

Lard Lad and Tamper Lad? Advancing on her despite her married status?! That's-- well, I never thought I would pity Caliente more than I did when I learned of her marriage but for that... I think I must.

Tell me, Lonestar Ranger, has this turn of event pushed her any further toward us? What word have you on her joining us?

(Perhaps, if she becomes too bothersome, a secondary option will prove a better course of action...)

#736324 09/10/07 12:17 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Ha! While those idiot LMBers battle zombies at their security office, my plans proceed perfectly. I find it highly amusing that both Lard Lad and Tamper Lad’s crushes on Caliente remain as public as ever, and cannot wait to see their reaction once she marries me.

#736325 09/11/07 03:43 AM
Active
Active
Marry... you? Ranger, do you mean to imply that Caliente actually cares for you and her relationship to Actor Lad is nothing but a farce? That is interesting.

(I wouldn't have expected such a thing from such a "good" girl. Even she seems surprised by this turn of events. Perhaps Caliente is not the angel these LMBers-- and best friend-- seem to think her.)

Maybe we do need to infiltrate the LMB...

#736326 09/11/07 09:04 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
I can assure you Frio, that my intentions are noble. In my many talks with Caliente, I've discovered that both Actor Lad and Tamper Lad have used their various powers to influence towards them in the past, and now Lard Lad attemtps to do the same.

I've coached her along and helped her break the hold they have on her slightly, but it will take more time. During this period, we've both begun to care deeply for each other. We are considering plans to marry. Perhaps after we accomplish our goals, Cali and I, along with Gary Concord and yourself, shall be the ruling families of Legion World? We can finally clean up this planet and set things right. I would be like a brother-in-law to you, and I would swear to always treat your 'sister' right.

Undoutedly, I would have to execute Actor Lad, Tamper Lad and Lard Lad.

#736327 09/11/07 12:37 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
< pop >

<enters, neither Frio nor Lonestar is apparently present>

Frio?

<looks around>

Look, I come in peace and mean you know harm.

If you're here...I need to talk to you about Caliente...and how she's being hurt by Lonestar Ranger!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#736328 09/11/07 04:06 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Frio, you here? Thought I heard your voice...

#736329 09/11/07 04:07 PM
Active
Active
<reveals herself to Lard Lad>

You come in peace? A shame I cannot say the same.

Still, I will entertain your follies. What, pray tell, has the Ranger done to hurt Caliente?

According to the Ranger, it is you-- along with Tamper Lad and Actor Lad, her *shudders* husband-- who have been using your powers to affect her. He claims you and Tamper Lad have thrown yourselves at her, but she loves him and has expressed wish to marry him once she is free of Actor Lad.

(Why are all these men obsessed with her, I wonder? She does not seem so remarkable. Perhaps I did pick the wrong body.)

<moves closer, running one finger down Lard Lad's chest>

Tell the truth now. I will know if you are lying. And, if I so desire, punished accordingly.

#736330 09/11/07 04:14 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<tries not to be turned on>

Look, Frio, I'm in love with Cali, but I haven't done anything to hurt her.

Lonestar, however, is using his alliance with you to blackmail her into marrying him! She still loves Actor Lad with all her heart...believe me, I know...

I am certain that Lonestar is playing the two of you for fools--using his connection to you both to play both ends!

Do you want that slimy maggot touching Cali when all she wants is to help you? She's willing to divorce the love of her life for you!

Are you going to allow this to happen?!?!

#736331 09/11/07 04:43 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<checks monitors>

Lard Lad, visiting Frio? What is that fat fool doing? I better check it out...

<begins flying back to HQ>

#736332 09/11/07 04:55 PM
Active
Active
<frowns, trying to quell the conflicting feelings and personalities inside of her>

Though it may pain me to admit it, I think I... I think I believe you, Lard Lad.

*sniffs* What do I care for Caliente's problems? She may care for whoever she chooses. It's her bed to make, and it's hers to sleep in.

(Stop fighting me! Stop it, stop it! I don't care for your little friend! Stop it, Frio! You have already lost!)

But for the Ranger to presume-- for him to try and play me... *the air around her begins to glow as the temperature drops* I will make him pay.

<sets her cold, glowing white eyes on Lard Lad>

Be gone, Lard Lad, lest you wish to share in the wrath I shall bring onto the Lonestar Ranger.

#736333 09/11/07 05:08 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<arrives>

Back away Lard Lad. Frio, I'll handle this scum.

<pulls out blaster, points at Lard Lad>

I don't know what you're planning, trying to assault my partner, but that's enough. Don't believe a word he says Frio. He can't be trusted. He's trying to ruin my--that is, our--plans.

#736334 09/11/07 05:15 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<grins>

Freudian slip, eh, Ranger? Oh yeah...and we'll see how effective that blaster is against the Lard Force, creep! Go ahead..try it! Please!

<nothing happens, turns back to Frio>

See what I mean? This idiot's pure slime...he's beneath you!

#736335 09/11/07 05:24 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Bah! Don't listen to him Frio.

Please Lard Lad. With your kiss of death, even bothering to pine for Caliente puts her in danger.

<grins, but wipes sweat off forehead>

Now aren't there zombies invading Legion World or something?

Frio, don't listen to this fool.

Frio? Why are you so silent?

#736336 09/11/07 05:40 PM
Active
Active
Frio begins to float, the glow slowly growing as she gathers her strength.

"You dare, Lonestar Ranger? You dare?! I think you had it right the first time-- they are your plans!

"I can't believe I was such a fool. To trust you on Gary's word alone. He's a fool, as well.

"But now, Ranger-- now you will wish I were still silent. Now you will pay!"

The Empress raises her arms high above her and a flood of ice and magic strikes Lonestar Ranger at once. He is frozen to the spot for an instant, and then he is shattered into millions of pieces. The pieces all disappear before hitting the ground.

Suddenly only Lard Lad and The Empress are left in the room.

"The Lonestar Ranger is dead," she says in a deep voice, as unlike the peppy Frio as night is to day. "As is Frio. Only The Empress remains!"

Then she disappears in a flash of light, her haunting laughter remaining long after she's gone.

#736337 09/11/07 08:35 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
[breaks his stunned silence]

Crap! What was that? Did she really kill that slime? Was that not really Frio...is she--?

I...I've gotta find Cali...and Des!

pop

#736338 09/11/07 11:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Empress Frio:

"I can't believe I was such a fool. To trust you on Gary's word alone. He's a fool, as well.

"The Lonestar Ranger is dead," she says in a deep voice, as unlike the peppy Frio as night is to day. "As is Frio. Only [b]The Empress remains!"

[/b]
"Only The EMPRESS Remains"

I should have...

No! What's done is done, it's what I do now that matters...

Whoever the Empress is, She'll rue the day she decided to harm Frio.

Ranger, wherever you are, lay low... you'll know when to re-appear.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#736339 09/12/07 08:42 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Originally posted by The Empress:

"You dare, Lonestar Ranger? You [b]dare?! I think you had it right the first time-- they are your plans!

"But now, Ranger-- now you will wish I were still silent. Now you will pay!"

The Empress raises her arms high above her and a flood of ice and magic strikes Lonestar Ranger at once. He is frozen to the spot for an instant, and then he is shattered into millions of pieces. The pieces all disappear before hitting the ground.

Suddenly only Lard Lad and The Empress are left in the room.

"The Lonestar Ranger is dead," she says in a deep voice, as unlike the peppy Frio as night is to day. "As is Frio. Only The Empress remains!"

Then she disappears in a flash of light, her haunting laughter remaining long after she's gone.[/b]
In the briefest of moments, the Lonestar Ranger finally realizes that he's made one mistake too many and now its time to pay the fates.

His body instantly freezes and his final thoughts turn to this: "I'll never be able to spend all that money I amassed on Legion World."

Fr-Frio...gak...

And so the Lonestar Ranger dies...

#736340 09/12/07 09:01 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<flies in>

Ah, the scene of the crie.

<scattered ice pieces all over>

I definately do not want to be here when that all begins to melt. Poor Lonestar Ranger...like so many others you thought you could manipulate the LMB and Legion World, but it proved too much for you. Now you're just another casualty.

<pulls out omni-recorder>

Well Tamper Lad, let's hope this device you made me works. I should be able to replay all that's happened here in the last hour, and let it download directly into my brain.

<sits in an ice throne>

In the meantime, perhaps she's still around...

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,316
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Clovyr Crymsun Kid's Sidekick, timeless one
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Tiffany Spiffany
Tiffany Spiffany
Mayavale University
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star