Roll Call
0 members (), 43 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 12:16 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 12:16 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:57 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Supergirl and the LSH 33 (spoilers)
#33917 08/24/07 03:54 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Dennis Calero:
Guys, thanks for the comments so far.
Thank you for daring to front up before the variously drooling, snarling and bouncing hordes of Legion fandom! smile

Wayne@OZ
#33918 08/24/07 06:32 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Give us time.
If it were up to me you'd have years and years.

#33919 08/24/07 09:14 AM
Deputy
Deputy
It’s a fair criticism but as I mentioned in an interview for Pulse.com, we’re the clean up team, essentially cleansing the palate for the next ongoing team. .
Link, please. I don't remember reading that interview.
And I think we did the chomp in a humorous and pretty bloodless way. Besides, they put the finger back on after, I swear!
No, don't retcon it! Give Mekt a robot finger. chuckle

Dennis, the artwork captures the mood of Tony Bedard's story *perfectly*. If some of us (like me) fail to mention it, it's probably because it's so seamlessly and organically integrated with the story, it's hard to separate the words from the images. Great job.

#33920 08/24/07 11:02 AM
Leader
Leader
Nobody will have any complaints if Terror Firma joins the Legion? Not even the one whose planet they killed? I think she might have a teensy weensy objection.

What exactly was Mekt's motive for turning his race into lightning cult corn people? Just to frame Brainy for it? And I can't believe the 10th level kid was dumb enough to sign his work.

Cos also got off too easily for the whole Dominators thing IMO.

I liked the art but not as well as last issue. It was great to see Tenzil in action. I hope we see more of him.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#33921 08/24/07 11:16 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
There's no way Mekt was responsible, its just not believable. Brainy framed the 10th Level kid by forging the kid's digital signature and planting evidence on the kid's data net.

He found out on his own about Mekt's ties with the doomsday Validus cult. And decided to out both the Cult and Mekt.

He probably even forged a 'Get out of Dodge' from Mekt warning to the Wanderers, so that they would form a LSV. After all the Legion needs a threat out there to justify government funding.

Brainy was in on Cos' plan from the beginning so he knew he never intended to destroy the Dominator Homeworld yet the story he tells Kem maintains this fiction.

So I'm expecting that the rest of Brainy's plan involves getting rid of Terra Firma and getting fitted for that sweet Genralissimo Maximus suit that Francis Manupal has given him after being declared supreme leader.

#33922 08/24/07 11:32 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I agree with TL, Mekt genuinely had no clue what was happening on Winath, and Brainy masterminded the whole thing, including forging dumb Vrax Gozzl's signature on the nanite tech.

His motive: to force Mekt to go off the deep end and set him up to take the fall for the Dominator genocide, while at the same time disposing of the threat Mekt posed to Mon-El and to the Legion as a whole. In Brainy's hypothetical reasoning, Mekt was already guilty of muliple murders (having killed the original Cult of Validus--no doubt B5 sussed it out) so framing him for other murders was not unjust. Jerya Entinn is also a murderer, remember, so he'd have compunction about implicating her, either. Vrax Gozzl was probably the casualty he enjoyed most.

I doubt Brainy foresaw anyone (other than Mekt) getting hurt, but it seems Pa Ranzz will survive and Tenzil, of course, is fine.

#33923 08/24/07 12:00 PM
Reservist
Reservist
In answer to Mr. Calero, yes, I did think Gene Colon's art was rough. You are both fine artists, and it was not meant as a slight to you. Just not my first choice in cups of tea is all. I do like your art much better than the esteemed Gene Colon also...

I just can't BLOK it out!
#33924 08/24/07 01:01 PM
Substitute
Substitute
"So I'm expecting that the rest of Brainy's plan involves getting rid of Terra Firma and getting fitted for that sweet Genralissimo Maximus suit that Francis Manupal has given him after being declared supreme leader.
"

Uh oh

"I do like your art much better than the esteemed Gene Colon also...
"

Lol, now I know you're nuts! Thank you.

#33925 08/24/07 01:28 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Terror Firma are still responsible for blowing up a bunch of planets and billions, if not trillions, of murders, so I'm still not sure what the heck Sun Boy is thinking... As pointed out upthread [sarc] I'm *sure* that Projectra won't have a problem with the people who destroyed her world and genocided her people. [/sarc]

The 'Mekt / Validus cult' thing made no sense at all, unless Brainy was indeed behind it.

Not sorry to see the Wanderers go. Jeyra was an out and out villainous psychopath. Nekt was coo-coo for co-co-puffs. Dumbiac's whining was annoying. And the rest of them were non-entities (except for Giant Girl, whom I liked). Bitchy posturing and snide comments pretty much covered the entirety of their character development.

But, in light of the notion that Brainiac has been setting up Dumbiac, as with this Validus Cult thing, is it possible that Brainiac started framing the 'Dumbiac messed it up' debate even sooner? Could Brainiac have intentionally sabotaged his own teleportal to bump off the annoying UP delegates, and then blamed it on Dumbiac during the Dominator War? He's said right from the beginning issues that he intended for the Legion to 'take over' and 'replace' the United Planets... Could he be that villainous?

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#33926 08/24/07 02:02 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
"Jeyra was an out and out villainous psychopath"

I know. I love her.

Besides the robot has she killed anybody else? I mean robots are people too I know. I didn't mean to infer they don't...um...count.

#33927 08/24/07 02:07 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
She cold-bloodedly and brutally murdered the guy in the interrogation room in the Chameleon issue... was it #19? (Or was he the guy you meant by 'the robot'? I didn't think he was a robot.)

#33928 08/24/07 02:35 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I really didn't think the last few issues have been that great. The story really was pretty weak and didn't make a lot of sence in places.

All I am hoping for is that next issue is better, and please, please, PLEASE!!! Don't mess up Wildfire's reintroduction. The last reboot team screwed him up so bad until DnA came on and saved the character. Do not repeat their mistakes.

#33929 08/24/07 02:55 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Yep, Brainy set up the whole frame-up. Otherwise, Mekt could simply have offed Sun Boy and Star Boy as soon as Tenzil was out of the way.

What a dandy batch of super-heroes we have.

"I'm a super-hero because I kick and slap small children, and then fall for an obvious set-up."

"Well, I'm a super-hero because I act like a smart jerk and can maintain a conspiracy to keep an entire planet's population in what has long been considered a harsh prison."

"Well, I'm a super-hero because, while I conveniently disappeared in an effort to feed my own ego, I was cleared of crimes because an 'idea was planted in my head.'"

"Well, I walked right up to people who had just demonstrated that they can project electricity. I made them lie down. Does that make me a super-hero?"

#33930 08/24/07 02:56 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Now you sound like my wife Mr. Calero! And yes, I probably am!

I just can't BLOK it out!
#33931 08/24/07 03:06 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Well, if Brainy turns out to be responsible for the whole Validus cult thing I'll be disappointed. After all, that's pretty far over the line: it's cruel, dangerous, irresponsible and not at all superheroic. Right now it looks like he was mixed up in it somehow, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait for the final word.

#33932 08/24/07 04:29 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Or you can look at it metatextually and say it's actually Tony Bedard who's vicious, irresponsible and unheroic. smile

Now I'm more interested than before because everything Brainy "fixes" is a potential clue to the next creative team's direction.

Although more ambitious, it's not unlike what E. Nelson Bridwell did in Adventure #350-351, the prelude to the Shooter era. (Mention of the latter name is pure coincidence, of course.)

#33933 08/24/07 04:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I haven't seen this issue yet, but I loved it all the same, especially the art.

Originally posted by Tromium:

[b]And I think we did the chomp in a humorous and pretty bloodless way. Besides, they put the finger back on after, I swear!
No, don't retcon it! Give Mekt a robot finger. chuckle
[/b]
Or maybe Ferro's finger from the last boot. It must be lieing around somewhere.

#33934 08/24/07 06:02 PM
Active
Active
I've enjoyed the last two issues mainly because of the moody art. Call me slow but I can't follow the logic of the storyline... or maybe there is no logic.

I enjoyed Tenz's digit chomp.

All I can say is that if Brainy is proven to be involved, I hope the whole thing is part of his plan to make Dream Girl corporeal again. After all her name is part of his password.

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#33935 08/24/07 06:13 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm in for the long run, and can be patient for a bit more clean up. Dennis, I appreciate your professionalism in stopping short of agreeing with my characterization of Waid's dangling plot threads as a "messs". My biggest frustration with Mr. Waid's run was the pacing. It just seemed to take forever to get anything resloved. This issue just had that same feel to it, for me.

Pulls out my professional soapbox....

I work for Child Protective Services. We live in a culture that too frequently condones, downplays, dismisses, and ignores violence against children. We have volumes of research showing that physical discipline is ineffective, and more importantly, damaging to children's ability to develop cognitvely, emotionally, and socially. Battered children are frequently blamed for their own abuse and dismissed as being crazy. Their "craziness" is then used as an excuse to subject them to further violence. The results of this are devastating to the children invloved and society as a whole. Bottom line: It is never acceptable to strike or kick a child.

Gets down and puts the professional soapbox away to avoid boring fellow Legion Worlders to tears...

I get that this is fiction. I love the spooky child images in films like Village of the Damned . The kids in the last two issues are a great tribute to that type of character. I'm not in favor of censorship, and understand that graphic violence has a place in comic books and storytelling. My objection is to the use of graphic violence in a comedic fashion, and specifically the use of Tenzil as the perpertrator of violent acts. He isn't officially a Legionnaire in this run, but he is, to us long time fans, a Legionnaire at heart. The Legion should be heroes. Tenzil works when portrayed as the class clown, but he should still be a hero. I find nothing funny or endearing in a Tenzil who slaps and kicks children or bites off fingers while delivering his one liners. Sorry, it just doesn't work for me.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#33936 08/25/07 01:32 AM
Active
Active
I adore Tenzil in this arc--best version since the Giffen run. And having his shades be so functional is a great idea. I loved the finger chomp...but then I applauded when he bit Pulsar Stargrave's nose off. It's worth occasionally emphasizing that he could be very, very dangerous if he felt like it.

I'll never stop missing Barry, but Calero's art is quite nice in most ways. The only things I really object to are his faces--everyone kind of looks like they're in the middle of giving Invisible Kid a hummer. But Nathan Eyring is doing an absolutely dynamite job on the coloring.

#33937 08/25/07 08:43 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by SiliconDream:
I adore Tenzil in this arc--best version since the Giffen run. And having his shades be so functional is a great idea. I loved the finger chomp...but then I applauded when he bit Pulsar Stargrave's nose off. It's worth occasionally emphasizing that he could be very, very dangerous if he felt like it.

I'll never stop missing Barry, but Calero's art is quite nice in most ways. The only things I really object to are his faces--everyone kind of looks like they're in the middle of giving Invisible Kid a hummer. But Nathan Eyring is doing an absolutely dynamite job on the coloring.
I'm telling you this Tenzil is based on our LASH.

If you need a Kitson fix check out the Order.

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001779;p=7

#33938 08/25/07 10:42 AM
Deputy
Deputy
The Order is brillant book so far.

As far as this issue goes, it was better than the previous one, but my reaction at the end was a disappointed "so that's it?" and not a good one.

Still not a big fan of Calero's art (sorry Dennis) but it's probably the main reason why I found the issue entertaining. Very disappointing because i'm generally a big Tony bedard fan.

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#33939 08/25/07 03:18 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I would agree that this is the best use of Tenzil (outside of Legion World) in a very long time. I hope he actually gets to join the Legion this time. The belch! The dramatic weight loss (if it were only so easy)! The chomp! The chomp!

rotflmao

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#33940 08/25/07 04:04 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:I'm telling you this Tenzil is based on our LASH.
Absolutely! He bit my finger off last month!

If you need a Kitson fix check out the Order.

Oh, I have been.

#33941 08/25/07 04:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
I'm telling you this Tenzil is based on our LASH.
Or possibly the other way around?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,244
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
JackMythos
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
jab
jab
mini mall island
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star