Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by rickshaw1 - 05/02/24 08:47 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Wedding of the Century!
Sam Pureheart #763299 02/06/13 05:54 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Yeah, this is going to end well.

You got a third mug, Hrun?

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
Hrun the Barbarian #763302 02/06/13 06:27 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Hrun the Barbarian
"carouseā€

zips in at super speed

"Carouse?"

Sam Pureheart #763322 02/06/13 11:25 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Invisible Brainiac looks over at a slumbering Blaze. He always looks so cute when he's asleep.

He shared everything with Blaze, but now there was something he could not.

He looked at the message again. It was written on paper, a sight usually reserved for only the most intimate - or most private - of messages in the present day.

****MESSAGE FOR INVISIBLE BRAINIAC*****

Remember Earth. You know what to do.

***END OF MESSAGE***

He bit his lip. What was he getting himself into?

Sam Pureheart #763415 02/08/13 01:38 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Power Boy chugged down a large mug of ale ...

and threw it across the room ... it barely missed one of Hrun's barbarians.

CRASH!!

"Weddings can be fun!" He shouted. Power Boy had been working hard as leader and was happy to have a chance to let off steam. He always relished the barbarian visits like nothing else. You can take the boy out of Apokolips but not the Apokolips out of the boy.

Meanwhile a drunk Barbarian was attempting to light Peebs on fire from behind without him noticing.

Last edited by Power Boy; 02/08/13 01:38 PM.
Sam Pureheart #763529 02/09/13 10:33 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
It was late at night and Emily was reading X-Men #30 and listening to "Green Sleeves" in Sebastian's apartment in Charltonburg because there was nothing else to do. He would be arriving shortly after a meeting with Lieutenant Stuart. Apparently there have been some changes to the Office of Security they wanted to discuss. When Invisible Brainiac had been proclaimed the new ruler he had been busy dealing with accountants, and she was helping a new student enroll at the LMB Academy. Her phone beeped and she discovered that Brittany was inviting her to be a bridesmaid. Emily accepted the invitation and suggested they go shopping. If Legion World was as behind as fashion as her relatives thought, they could also go to Alpha Centauri.

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 02/09/13 10:38 PM.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Space Ranger #763714 02/12/13 03:48 PM
Active
Active
Originally Posted by Space Ranger
Yeah, this is going to end well.

You got a third mug, Hrun?

Hrun passes Ranger a full mug, and as Ranger takes a first drink, laughs and slaps Ranger hard on the back. Causing Ranger to spill mead down the front of his immaculate dress uniform.

Hrun roared with laughter at he sight of a Space Ranger coveed in warm golden sticky mead.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
Power Boy #763715 02/12/13 03:57 PM
Active
Active
Originally Posted by Power Boy
Power Boy chugged down a large mug of ale ...

and threw it across the room ... it barely missed one of Hrun's barbarians.

CRASH!!

"Weddings can be fun!" He shouted. Power Boy had been working hard as leader and was happy to have a chance to let off steam. He always relished the barbarian visits like nothing else. You can take the boy out of Apokolips but not the Apokolips out of the boy.

Meanwhile a drunk Barbarian was attempting to light Peebs on fire from behind without him noticing.

As Peebs walked over to the table to pick up a hunk of roast meat he noticed two Varangian Guards watching him intently.

"Mmmmm" he thought, "nice to see they recognize a leader when they see one"

However, what he didn't notice was the smouldering tunic he was wearing.

"OH YEAH, THATS WHAT I MEAN" shouted Cobalt as, two slave girls in arms, he was watching three more who were involved in a sensuous, semi erotic dance, involving lots of oil.

Hrun himself sat on a throne. Two maidens in a position of honor, at his feet. Two more serving him food and drink. Behind him, impassive and stolid amongst all the carousing stood two more Varangains, alert and on guard to protect the High Jarl.

Hrun watched the door as if waiting for someone.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
Sam Pureheart #763773 02/13/13 05:49 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
<Enters through the door Hrun is watching.>

Good Evening Hrun. <Inclines his head, slightly> Brit said you wanted to talk with me.

<looks at the carousing going on around the room>

But, maybe this is a bad time.

When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.
Sam Pureheart #763775 02/13/13 07:47 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
"I forgot to mention, a wedding invitation came a while back. Totally slipped my mind."

"Oh yeah?" said Dave Hackett looking up from what he was doing.

"I didn't know you were in the Legion."

"Hmmm, oh yeah. I've got the ring here somewhere."

"When did you join?"

"A while ago."

"What do you do for them?"

"What I always do."

"Oh, right. Well, are you going to try and make it to this wedding?"

The look on Dave's face said it all.

Sam Pureheart #763783 02/13/13 03:22 PM
Active
Active
Originally Posted by Sam Pureheart

Good Evening Hrun. <Inclines his head, slightly> Brit said you wanted to talk with me.

Hrun looked up in anticipation as the door opened.

"Not HER" he thought disappointed despite himself.

Then he realised just who it was. Moving swiftly and surprisingly quietly, he appeared next to Sam.

"Hale and well met, son to be" he bellowed, pushing a mug of mead into Sam's hand, whilst throwing an arm in a friendly way around Sam's shoulders.

However, there was nothing friendly about the iron tight grip and pressure on Sam's shoulders. Nor on the faces of the half dozen or so Axe armed Varangians who materialized around them, battle hardened faces impassive as they watched Sam.

"Now listen thrice damned spawn of worms" whispered Hrun, his face still beaming and looking for all the world like a happy father. "You did not ask my permission to marry a princess of the royal blood. Nor did I give it. You misbegotten foul churl you reach too high, if you try to gasp such a bright star as the jarlsdottir then her flame will burn your hand. If" continued Hrun "I find that you have touched her, be it with hands or lips or......then I shall remove that part of your body, slowly and with maximum pain and feed it to you bit by bloody bit"

With that Hrun laughed, slapped Sam hard on the back and moved back towards his throne. "Now enjoy the festivities" he shouted.

More drinks were served. And from the throne Hrun smiled at Sam.

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
Sam Pureheart #763784 02/13/13 03:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Power Boy was just starting to have fun when his flight ring breeped!

A floating holographic head of his New God aide Xin popped into the air in front of him.
"My lord. We have reports of attacks near Mars."

"Which criminal gang?"

Xin replied "None. It is a ... Despero."

Power Boy grimaced. A Despero could devastate Mars by itself. They were few and far between but extremely destructive.

"Very well." Power Boy sobered himself with his pyschokinetic power. "Have Nam'Lor and a small squadron meet me in orbit in 5 minutes. I will Boom Tube us there."

Power Boy took a last look at the party. Maybe he could be back in time before it finished? Leadership was a bore sometimes.

He pressed his legion flight ring again and his black skin tight battle suit wrapped around him. And then he prepared to leave.

Last edited by Power Boy; 02/13/13 03:55 PM.
Hrun the Barbarian #763804 02/13/13 08:32 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally Posted by Hrun the Barbarian
Originally Posted by Sam Pureheart

Hrun looked up in anticipation as the door opened.

"Not HER" he thought disappointed despite himself.

Then he realised just who it was. Moving swiftly and surprisingly quietly, he appeared next to Sam.

"Hale and well met, son to be" he bellowed, pushing a mug of mead into Sam's hand, whilst throwing an arm in a friendly way around Sam's shoulders.

However, there was nothing friendly about the iron tight grip and pressure on Sam's shoulders. Nor on the faces of the half dozen or so Axe armed Varangians who materialized around them, battle hardened faces impassive as they watched Sam.

"Now listen thrice damned spawn of worms" whispered Hrun, his face still beaming and looking for all the world like a happy father. "You did not ask my permission to marry a princess of the royal blood. Nor did I give it. You misbegotten foul churl you reach too high, if you try to gasp such a bright star as the jarlsdottir then her flame will burn your hand. If" continued Hrun "I find that you have touched her, be it with hands or lips or......then I shall remove that part of your body, slowly and with maximum pain and feed it to you bit by bloody bit"

With that Hrun laughed, slapped Sam hard on the back and moved back towards his throne. "Now enjoy the festivities" he shouted.

More drinks were served. And from the throne Hrun smiled at Sam.

His face a frozen mask, Sam looked directly at Hrun, "You seem to have a few facts wrong High Jarl. First, She asked Me to Marry Her. Second, I was under the impression that You were a Mighty Warrior. But would a Mighty Warrior need six axemen at his back to brace a lone medic? I think Not."

"Know you this, High Jarl, She will be mine! Should your entire horde stand against me I will still win out!"

Sam Pureheart #763868 02/14/13 03:55 PM
Active
Active
Hrun smiled with all the warmth of great white shark.

"As is right, a Princess of the blood may choose her own mate, but that mate must still ask permission of her father"

Hrun drank deeply, "Those axemen were then to protect you, fool. As a guest you are under my protection whilst you are here"

Hrun looked coldly into Sam's eyes.

"There will come a time when we shall meet and the laws of hospitality will not stand between us Churl. But know you this. I have taken an oath to protect the Jarlsdottir, even from herself if need be. You, Churl, need to prove your self worthy before I will ever grant permission to marry"

Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!
Sam Pureheart #763884 02/14/13 07:14 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
And how, High Jarl, does one go about proving himself worthy? Need I slay a Dragon? Conquer a world?

Would the fact that I have won the love of the Jarlsdottir, a woman of extremely discerning taste, be a start?

Need I remind the High Jarl of what her capabilities and standards are?

Sam Pureheart #763926 02/15/13 08:20 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
(This is an interesting turn of events. But while my heart cheers for my barbarian friend, I know his daughter all too well. She'll still do what she wants and no one will stop her.

...Though naturally, I'll try.

...but how? Some things that have been said are rather interesting. I can even recall a long forgotten memory a decade past of when I first met a member of the House of Quank...)

Sam Pureheart #763927 02/15/13 08:27 AM
Active
Active
Nearby, but far enough away from the debauchery, Lolita enjoys some time with Britney.

So where is My, anyway? She must really be smitten with Exnihil--she's never late!

< as she talks, passerbys are talking about the carousing going on among Hrun and the others. She hears someone mention her name, then Cobalt Kid's name, and then a sad look and they turn away. The implication is clear. >

Everyday Girl prepares to tell her not to let them bother her.

"No worries Brit. Let them say whatever they like. I don't care what Cobie is doing in there. I'm so over it. But I just hate these rumors and whispers--it's a wonder Sharky hasn't flown into a full rage when he hears them."

Britney said nothing in response. She, like everyone else, was waiting for that moment to occur as well.

Sam Pureheart #763945 02/15/13 03:09 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Lo, I'm so glad you're here.

I keep expecting either Sam or my father to come crashing thru a wall with the other in hot pursuit. I know my father promised to protect us... but he has some weird ideas about what that means.

So... How are you and Sharky getting along?

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
Sam Pureheart #763947 02/15/13 03:47 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
< receives invite at his office at the LMB Academy on Leelee Island>

Aw, those two kids are getting hitched! I had my misgivings about Sam, but he worked his ASS off for me during my short tenure as Security Chief!

I think in the next day or two, I'll go visit Sam and wish him well!

< walks out to the grounds and lets out a loud whistle >

< from the heavens, descends a lardge, green dragon who lands and nuzzles him gently >

Whaddaya say, Zee? Wanna go with me to Legionnopolis in a coupla days, girl?

< Zee snorts her approval >

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Sam Pureheart #763949 02/15/13 04:30 PM
Active
Active
Brit, we're actually doing really good! Sometimes we don't see each other for periods of time because of the secret work I'm doing for Power Boy, but the reunions are always special. He makes me feels safe. Still, these never-ending rumors can get to us...

But enough about me! Sam looked rather dashing just now standing up to your Dad. I'm sure all the armies and diplomacy will be sorted out in the usual shady backroom ways but hopefully Hrun and Sam can see eye to eye.

< lowers her voice >

Now tell me...any big plans for the wedding night...? wink

Sam Pureheart #763955 02/15/13 05:12 PM
Active
Active
Ah! An event I haven't seen since my pirate days! Surely the wedding will be more refined? This Sam Pureheart fellow appears so clean cut.

And the bride...what a beauty! Her bridesmaids are rather fair as well. Perhaps a wedding is a good place to find some temporary romance.

Alas, I have more important matters to distract me. This Li woman may be the answer to my prayers...

Sam Pureheart #763957 02/15/13 05:20 PM
Active
Active
ah ... Renly Fox ... I knew if I gave you enough rope you'd hang yourself.

I just have to get myself invited to this wedding to see the tower of Renly Fox crumble.

Programmed by Eryk Davis Ester.
Lolita #763963 02/15/13 05:30 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally Posted by Lolita
Brit, we're actually doing really good! Sometimes we don't see each other for periods of time because of the secret work I'm doing for Power Boy, but the reunions are always special. He makes me feels safe. Still, these never-ending rumors can get to us...

But enough about me! Sam looked rather dashing just now standing up to your Dad. I'm sure all the armies and diplomacy will be sorted out in the usual shady backroom ways but hopefully Hrun and Sam can see eye to eye.

< lowers her voice >

Now tell me...any big plans for the wedding night...? wink

Ohmygod! Sam has to be the only guy I've met since I was 13 who doesn't let his little head rule his big one. I've been trying for months to get him to... blush But he won't hear of it. He says it will make our wedding that much more memorable if we wait.

And, NO He's not gay, I can feel him react when I kiss him.

He's just honorable. Sometimes too damn honorable!

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,084
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ger
Ger
Dallas, TX
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star