Roll Call
2 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 31 Murran Spies, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Fatal Five in DC August Solicits
by Rob-Em - 05/21/24 10:50 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 05/21/24 10:16 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/21/24 09:42 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 05/21/24 08:47 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/21/24 06:16 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by Harbinger - 05/21/24 03:08 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/21/24 01:58 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/21/24 12:27 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The concerts you'll never get to see
#763941 02/15/13 01:51 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I was recently thinking about a couple concerts that I've been to where the key performers (Stevie Ray Vaughan, INXS) have now passed on.

That got me thinking about concerts that I'll unfortunately never get to see due to a performer's death. Not just bands that are broken up (because reunions seem to always be a possibility) but actually the ones where an individual is no longer with us.

I'm curious what "concert regrets" everyone has, but these are my key ones:

Nina Simone - My absolute number one, all-time favorite singer and pianist... who I unfortunately had never even heard of until 2007! I literally can't believe that a performer whose music has come to mean so much to me in the last few years was completely unknown to me until I was 33... four years after her passing.

Jeff Buckley - An absolutely amazing singer/songwriter with a tremendous vocal range and a life that was cut way too short by an accident, Buckley's only real tour - to support his only album," Grace" - happened to coincide with the period when I joined the army and was going through training. Arggh!

Queen - Lardy/Palladin was recently asking on FB who the best rock vocalist of all time was and - although I think if he had lived, Jeff Buckley could have been the best - the fact of the matter is, given his body of work, Freddie Mercury has to come near the top of any list. I have seen some Queen concerts on Youtube and - good lord - do I wish I could have been to one! If you have never seen footage of Queen's performance at Live Aid, you should totally check it out. The emotion running through the crowd literally comes through the screen as nothing short of legendary.

Joy Division - OK, this is probably an odd one, given the fact that lead singer Ian Curtis' suicide happened when I was only six years old. The remainder of the band continued on as New Order and has had a long and successful career but... man... listening to those two Joy Division albums... I only wish my parents had had the foresight to say, "Ah, you know what... sure little Ex probably won't appreciate this now, but... someday." wink

So those are the ones that top my "impossible" concert list... how about you?

Re: The concerts you'll never get to see
Exnihil #763944 02/15/13 02:54 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Beastie Boys - Always thought "next time they come around", then Adam got sick frown

Nirvana - Was still in University when Kurt passed so I wouldn't have been able to afford travel and a concert, but boy would I loved to have.

The Ramones - regret.

William S. Burroughs reading live. - SUPER regret

Led Zeppelin - This will STILL happen, dammit!

Last edited by Dave Hackett; 02/15/13 02:58 PM.
Exnihil #763969 02/15/13 07:25 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The Clash

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
Exnihil #802712 03/06/14 03:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Led Zepellin

ELO

Eurytmics

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,023
Posts1,045,558
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Annoying Lad, DanteSF, Daulton Tripman, lancesrealm
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
the Hermit
the Hermit
Stuck in the Psychedelic Era
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star