Roll Call
0 members (), 60 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Batman Inc. #8 and the spoiler heard 'round the world.....
#764463 02/25/13 07:57 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
So it's been spoiled here among many other places that
Damian Wayne dies
in Batman Inc. #8.

How do you feel about that? In favor? Opposed? Indifferent?

I'm kinda indifferent, since I've mostly dropped the entire New 52. But kinda glad since it looks like Morrison's being given the right to finish his Batman story the way he wants to. Kinda sad, though, that this will continue the dark trend that the Big Two are so fond of.

Will it stick?

Who will
be the new Robin? Betcha it's Harper Row!

And does this make Cobie happy, deliriously happy or insanely happy?

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Re: Batman Inc. #8 and the spoiler heard 'round the world.....
Lard Lad #764477 02/25/13 10:01 PM
J
Substitute
Substitute
J
I think there was still a whole lot of good story potential and growth that Damian could have gone through, but that doesn't necessarily mean that this can't work. I mean hell, the same could be said for Ultimate Peter Parker, but the book only got better once we got Miles. If it's even half a good a send of as Bendis gave Peter there, then I think it'll work out.

What's sad is going to be seeing how Batman & Robin handles this. I can already see Titus and the other animals looking for him or sitting next to his gravestone or something. ;_;

What's REALLY sad is that I think this caused me to be more excited for this book than I have in months. Three, four issues straight of spinning it's wheels and now SOMETHING is happening.

And yeah, dollars to doughnuts that if there is going to be a new Robin, it's going to be Harper. I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder knew that Damian's days were numbered, so he decided to embed the new Robin from the very beginning so that her being Robin wouldn't be such a stretch.

Lard Lad #764693 02/28/13 10:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
WTF ...
Damien is my FAVORITE Robin. I really enjoy the tension he brings to the Batman and Robin duo. I especially liked him teamed with Dick as Batman. and drawn by Frazier Irving.

Lard Lad #764720 02/28/13 01:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Just read it, and while sad, it was a great issue. The Dick and Damien stuff was awesome. Tim shone as well. I'm still not totally sold that Damien's dead. Morrison's killed Bruce (twice), Damien once already, and shot Dick in the head. Until they bury him next issue, I'll hold out hope.

That said, if it is true, at least it was Morrison ending his own character. When originally conceived Damien wasn't going to make it out of "Batman & Son" alive. That he went for 5 more years is pretty cool.

Forget Harper Row, it looks like Ellie (a recurring character from the run) is next in line.

Lard Lad #764722 02/28/13 02:00 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Even if they bury him, Grandpa Ra's can just dig him up and throw him in the Lazarus Pit... he'll resurrect crazy and they'll reassert his assassin training. shrug

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
Pov #764736 02/28/13 07:35 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Pov
Even if they bury him, Grandpa Ra's can just dig him up and throw him in the Lazarus Pit... he'll resurrect crazy and they'll reassert his assassin training. shrug

That's my first thought, too. Where's the drama in 'killing' someone whose mom and grandfather have a ressurection mcguffin?

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Lard Lad #764737 02/28/13 07:55 PM
J
Substitute
Substitute
J
I think if this is to be Damian's send-off, then it was a good way to do it. We get all of Damian's toughness and inner perseverence, but there was an undercurrent of emotion there too. To the bitter end, he was pleading for his mother to stop this insanity, to try to get to her.

That was Damian's core, the true tragic side of the character--for all of his bluster and tough guy talk, he was a ten year-old boy who just wanted his parents to stop fighting and be a family.

Man, even though the stories look good, it's gonna SUCK reading these next few months with this fallout.

Set #764738 02/28/13 08:14 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally Posted by Set
Originally Posted by Pov

That's my first thought, too. Where's the drama in 'killing' someone whose mom and grandfather have a ressurection mcguffin?

Heck, when you've used "Superboy punches reality and Robin comes back to life" just a few years ago, it's hard to take any Robin death seriously.

Eryk Davis Ester #764745 02/28/13 11:08 PM
J
Substitute
Substitute
J
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Originally Posted by Set
Originally Posted by Pov

Heck, when you've used "Superboy punches reality and Robin comes back to life" just a few years ago, it's hard to take any Robin death seriously.

A few? You realize that was seven years ago, right?

Lard Lad #764747 02/28/13 11:28 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
I'd count that within the scope of "a few".

Lard Lad #764785 03/01/13 08:32 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Yeah, given Batman's been around for 74 years, 7 isn't that long.

Lard Lad #764786 03/01/13 08:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
who could kill
Damien
... he is too mean.

Dave Hackett #764986 03/05/13 02:14 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally Posted by Paladin
So it's been spoiled here among many other places that
Damian Wayne dies
in Batman Inc. #8.

How do you feel about that? In favor? Opposed? Indifferent?

I'm kinda indifferent, since I've mostly dropped the entire New 52. But kinda glad since it looks like Morrison's being given the right to finish his Batman story the way he wants to. Kinda sad, though, that this will continue the dark trend that the Big Two are so fond of.

Will it stick?

Who will
be the new Robin? Betcha it's Harper Row!

And does this make Cobie happy, deliriously happy or insanely happy?
Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
Just read it, and while sad, it was a great issue. The Dick and Damien stuff was awesome. Tim shone as well. I'm still not totally sold that Damien's dead. Morrison's killed Bruce (twice), Damien once already, and shot Dick in the head. Until they bury him next issue, I'll hold out hope.

That said, if it is true, at least it was Morrison ending his own character. When originally conceived Damien wasn't going to make it out of "Batman & Son" alive. That he went for 5 more years is pretty cool.

Forget Harper Row, it looks like Ellie (a recurring character from the run) is next in line.

Not being as thrilled with the Batman comics as I was two years ago and earlier, I wasn't quite invested in this death enough to really work up all that much emotion / reaction over it, to be honest. Damien doesn't outrage me as much as he used to because I've accepted defeat that the Batman comics going forward just aren't as good.

However, I have to say, that in reading the issue, I thought it was perhaps Damien's best issue he's ever had! Funny how that happens. So in that respect, I think Morrison gave him a great send-off. I'm also glad he got to tell the story he always wanted to tell. I've kind of always suspected this was his plan all along.

All that being said, the idea of DC killing another child is truly disheartening. Just as I've always suspected Dan Didio has rape fantasties (too far?), I must now also suspect a high ranking DC editor is in fact a child-killer / pedophile. It makes sense. (Really too far?)

Lastly, the ressurection potential makes all of this that much harder to take seriously. Even if Grant leaves DC for the next 15 years, you can't help but feel some lesser writer or editor will just bring Damien back during the next big crossover or story. Which make this recent story all the more ridiculous.

I predict a major story in 2016 in which the ressurrected Damien, Jason, Tim, Batwoman, Batwing, Ra's, Talia, Bane, and hell, Bat-Cow, are all killed off. Then they'll all gradually come back in the 2020's. Maybe by then though, the stories will be really awesome.

Lard Lad #765263 03/09/13 01:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think this story would have been much more interesting if Damien, compelled to end the conflict by making a choice between his mother and his father, chose the former, effectively ending his role as Robin (at least for now) and forcing Bruce to deal with Damien's "betrayal"... after all of the death we've seen in DC books, to kill off a character, especially a child, just seems like weak storytelling... it may have been Morrison's plan all along, but it doesn't strike me as a worthy ending to an otherwise remarkable run...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
SharkLad #765325 03/10/13 04:23 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid

I predict a major story in 2016 in which the ressurrected Damien, Jason, Tim, Batwoman, Batwing, Ra's, Talia, Bane, and hell, Bat-Cow, are all killed off. Then they'll all gradually come back in the 2020's. Maybe by then though, the stories will be really awesome.

Don't forget Bat-Hound! wink

Originally Posted by SharkLad
I think this story would have been much more interesting if Damien, compelled to end the conflict by making a choice between his mother and his father, chose the former, effectively ending his role as Robin (at least for now) and forcing Bruce to deal with Damien's "betrayal"... after all of the death we've seen in DC books, to kill off a character, especially a child, just seems like weak storytelling... it may have been Morrison's plan all along, but it doesn't strike me as a worthy ending to an otherwise remarkable run...

That's a great idea! Plenty of angst-potential and creates an opponent who could become more and more dangerous to Batman over time - and who knows all his secrets.

Holy Cats of Egypt!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,974
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Eryk Davis Ester
Eryk Davis Ester
Liberty City
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star