Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Legion of Super-Heroes #22 Preview
Fat Cramer #780321 07/18/13 08:39 AM
And then there was steak!
Originally Posted by Fat Cramer

The Promethean Giant is the fifth member.

Whut.

Querl Dox #780324 07/18/13 09:35 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
are they joking?

shock/displeasure
[Linked Image]

Querl Dox #780325 07/18/13 09:38 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Also, I feel like I have to come clean ... Since so many people seem to love his art ...

I don't like Portela's art ... I think it is too many splash pages or two to three panel pages ... the anatomy is wonky ... and the hair all looks like dreadlocks.

There, I said it.

Querl Dox #780327 07/18/13 09:42 AM
Active
Active
Too many points without clarifying, that I do not believe that they reveal in the near issue...
Who is this Emerald Empress?
A revived Sarya or another anonymous psychopath?
Where was Bouncing Boy when The Persuador murder one of the bodies of his wife. Taking care of the comatose body of Comet Queen?
And for that he stupidly asked her like was she feeling on having lost a duplicate, when already he knew that Lu had lost two previously?
Neither we have had Night Girl's news in all this saga.
For what reason Cosmic Boy and Shadow Lass remained in the ship, when they had big possibilities of conquering The Persuador and and The Emerald Empress?
Shriking Violet conquered the Empress in the annual here she was totally useless.
And they forgot of the end of this history, where a green light was shining in Salu's body
Still we know neither Star Boy's final destination, nor that has happened with Dragonwing.
Will Phantom Girl return from her dimension?
There are possibilities that Sun Boy is revived, if that this body was realy of him?
There will return 7 legionnaries lost in the time?
The good only thing has been the return of Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Sensor Girl and the new one and unknow Karate Kid...
And finally they don't kill Duplicate Damsel.
Already we will see if we obtain some answers in the final issue...

Last edited by EmeraldEmpress; 07/18/13 09:50 AM.

From UK with glamour.
Querl Dox #780330 07/18/13 09:51 AM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Re: the Spoiler. I haven't read the issue, but I can't imagine how it makes any sense overall.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
Power Boy #780334 07/18/13 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Power Boy

There, I said it.

Do you feel better now?

Querl Dox #780335 07/18/13 10:10 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I feel a great relief.

Querl Dox #780348 07/18/13 12:55 PM
Substitute
Substitute
And what has been ignored with all the mess of this current issue is that it would appear that Saturn Girl killed or helped kill two of the Fatal Five?

This issue was a great example of why this series is getting cancelled... the writing has just been HORRIBLE!! The EE blast the shit out of Mon-el...almost kills him and then blasts the other Legionaires and they're just a bit hurt??... .And what was the whole bit about having secret weapons stored near the headquarters so the EE and Thoark had to retreat to the big giant guy? Who happens to be the 5th member

Hopefully things are wrapped up in a nice package next issue and then the looooong wait for a new Legion series begins

Querl Dox #780352 07/18/13 01:52 PM
Active
Active
I won't be waiting for another Legion series. Once next issue is out, I'm done. If a new Legion series comes out and I happen to hear about it, maybe I'll stop and pick it up. Otherwise I consider next issue the last new issue of the Legion ever and my collection completed.

I'm not real happy about this current issue, but there's no use getting too upset anymore. Levitz's writing is wanting. The current 3rd rate artists are horrible. (Did you see Lightning Lad? Worst likeness of him in years!). And DC editorial killed the series when they cancelled the series instead of giving the in story reboot a chance. They are all to blame for the series' demise. I'm happy that if the series has to end, at least Levitz gets a chance to bookend it.

Querl Dox #780359 07/18/13 03:54 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
I never thought that the day would come when "Long Live the Legion" would be supplanted by "R.I.P., Legion".

I don't know about the Fatal Five but, as far as I'm concerned, the Legion's "Fatal Three" have been Didio, Giffen and Levitz.

Querl Dox #780361 07/18/13 04:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I flipped through this at the comic store and couldn't really make sense of it ...

Lightning Lad and Ayla beat Persuader easily after the last several issues of being outmatched ... same with Saturn Girl and Empress ... Polar Boy beats Tharok pretty easily ... Projectra beats the frickin Promethan stone guy ... without even really explaining what was going on ... and Val is alive?

whoah just whoah ... it's like a child got bored with playing with the legion of super heroes and wrapped it up really quickly ... "the end" ...

Querl Dox #780362 07/18/13 04:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
This is enough to unmake me a fan of giffen and levitz ... well past their sell by date ... whatever the excuse ...

Power Boy #780363 07/18/13 04:21 PM

Lightning Lad and Ayla beat Persuader easily after the last several issues of being outmatched ... same with Saturn Girl and Empress ... Polar Boy beats Tharok pretty easily ... Projectra beats the frickin Promethan stone guy ... without even really explaining what was going on ... and Val is alive?

Whut.

Querl Dox #780365 07/18/13 04:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
yeah.

Querl Dox #780366 07/18/13 04:48 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
it is almost funny.

Georgehaze #780368 07/18/13 05:46 PM
Active
Active
Originally Posted by Georgehaze
I never thought that the day would come when "Long Live the Legion" would be supplanted by "R.I.P., Legion".

I don't know about the Fatal Five but, as far as I'm concerned, the Legion's "Fatal Three" have been Didio, Giffen and Levitz.

You want two more names to make it a "Fatal Five"? Add in the horrible art of Scott Kollins and Jeff Johnson. If the writing didn't kill the series, their aweful art sure did! At least Portela's #20 was beautiful, and the story seemed so much better too under his pencils. I wonder how these last few issues might have received by fans if his art had helped tell the story.

Conjure Lass #780373 07/18/13 07:49 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Originally Posted by Conjure Lass

Whut.

16,OOO Legion fans like this comment.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Leather Wolf #780427 07/18/13 11:48 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Leather Wolf
Originally Posted by Georgehaze

You want two more names to make it a "Fatal Five"? Add in the horrible art of Scott Kollins and Jeff Johnson. If the writing didn't kill the series, their aweful art sure did! At least Portela's #20 was beautiful, and the story seemed so much better too under his pencils. I wonder how these last few issues might have received by fans if his art had helped tell the story.

I was actually surprised to see that the art had been done by Scott Kollins. He used to do a pretty good job on the Postboot Legion. Maybe the inker was a bad match for him.

Yeah, it was nice to see some long-lost Legionnaires, but Shady, Cos and Chemical Kid just sit in the ship while all hell breaks loose. Poor use of tension and pacing and characters.

Nice to see Imra kicking butt and Luornu not really being dead, at least.

Oh, and Tinya's whole run as leader didn't even have her doing anything like leading!!

Since when is
Karate Kid's
real name unknown?

And Tharok is taken down partly by his arrogance. Tsk. Shame on you, Imra and Brek have more knowledge of science than you do.

Agree with everyhone who said that it looks like this story was building up to something that Levitz wasn't able to write anymore.

Querl Dox #780456 07/19/13 10:14 AM
Active
Active
The only somewhat skilled story telling in this arc was the very real dread that there was a Legionnaire slaughter going on when in fact there seems to be one pretty much confirmed fatality - Sun Boy

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
The Man From Cargg #780457 07/19/13 10:21 AM
Active
Active
Originally Posted by The Man From Cargg
The only somewhat skilled story telling in this arc was the very real dread that there was a Legionnaire slaughter going on when in fact there seems to be one pretty much confirmed fatality - Sun Boy

Two confirmed bodies: Sun Boy and one of Duplicate Damsel's duplicates. I'd think she would argue that the death of one of her bodies was a true death.

Leather Wolf #780458 07/19/13 10:32 AM
Active
Active
Originally Posted by Leather Wolf
Originally Posted by The Man From Cargg

Two confirmed bodies: Sun Boy and one of Duplicate Damsel's duplicates. I'd think she would argue that the death of one of her bodies was a true death.

Agreed. I guess with her new multiple multiples power the loss doesn't seem as upsetting. She has become the perfect cannon fodder for lazy writing.

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
Querl Dox #780489 07/19/13 07:33 PM
Substitute
Substitute
You know you really can't say that DC didn't try with the Legion the last few years. I mean not long ago we had four Legion related titles (LSH, Legion Lost, Legion Secret Origin and Legion/Star Trek) and they did the Legion Ring give-a-way that everyone had wanted for years.

Unfortunately, the execution was just not done well. The whole concept of sending Legion (Lost) back to the 20/21st century NEVER works well. Both the Secret Origin and LHS series by Paul just slogged along and had moments of magic but for the most part was boring and never really grabbed you. I mean if hardcore Legion fans are bored how on earth are you going to attract new readers.

Maybe a digital only series is the answer sometime in the future

Querl Dox #780520 07/20/13 12:50 AM
S
Set Online Content
Long live the Legion!
Online Content
Long live the Legion!
S
My thoughts, spoilers abound!

Like!
Lightning Lass saving Lightning Lad from the Persuader. Go Ayla!

Imra nearly wiping out the Persuader, and then giving the Empress the stare-of-doom.

Projectra's newer Sensor Girl powers being used to open someone's eyes / grant them perception of the truth, instead of tricking or deceiving someone with an illusion. A nice way to highlight that she is a very different sort of character with these sensory powers, than the old Projectra.

Saturn Girl, reminding us that she's also one of the smartest Legionnaires, telling Polar Boy how to defeat Tharok.

Don't like!

The cover. I vaguely recall eating crow the last time I suggested that 'J.J. Kirby' was a Justin Thyme pseudonym for 'this sucks and I don't want my name associated with it,' so I'll concede to whoever bit my head off the last time that J.J. Kirby is apparently a real person, but, still. Yuk.

Not a huge fan of Jeff Johnson's art, either. There are snippets I like. On the first page, Cham is in a sort of awkward almost boneless posture, which seems kind of fitting for an unconscious shapeshifter.

Lightning can block the Atomic Axe? Electricity can't even block a *normal* axe! Seriously dude, you straight-up Atomic Suck.

Still not loving the Empress surfing on the Eye. Ugh.

Karate Kid is back? And does nothing? How.... utterly... pointless.

Oh look, Invisible Jacques is also back. Luckily he brought Polar Boy with him, so it's not a complete waste of time.

Random thoughts;

Luornu seems to be affected by the death of a duplicate here, which seems to mean that she didn't actually lose dozens of duplicates against the Daxamite-powered super-Dominator (as the cover and issue in which that fight occurred suggested).

Something else else something Phantom Girl? Does she have Kitty Pryde's ability to disrupt machinery now, and was that what Tharok was worried about (despite his energy body not technically being 'machinery?'). Whatever. Timber Wolf has claws, Tinya disrupts machinery, Imra can develop telekinesis and dye her hair red, Ferro Lad can return from the dead and begin speaking in Russian, Gates can begin carrying a cutlass around and calling people 'fraulien' and 'liebchen.' I don't even care anymore.

On page 1, is that a grapefruit in your pants Garth, or are you just happy to see me?

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Querl Dox #781086 07/24/13 04:09 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Luornu does state that it seems as though a piece of her soul is missing, which is somewhat different from other characters with similar powers like Multiplex or Jamie Madrox who routinely use their other bodies as cannon fodder. This is a somewhat disturbing development; the more duplicates the easier a target she becomes. uhoh!

The scenes with Tinya early on are proving to be a waste of time, unless something big happens next issue. This is extremely insulting to her - she didn't even do anything leaderly. Sigh, what a wasted opportunity.

Dragonwing and Comet Queen are still playting hide and seek, and we get no mention of Star Boy's fate either. I'm still holding out hope he's alive somewhere in the wreckage (go find him already Imra!)

Invisible Brainiac #781089 07/24/13 05:08 AM
S
Set Online Content
Long live the Legion!
Online Content
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Luornu does state that it seems as though a piece of her soul is missing, which is somewhat different from other characters with similar powers like Multiplex or Jamie Madrox who routinely use their other bodies as cannon fodder. This is a somewhat disturbing development; the more duplicates the easier a target she becomes. uhoh!

It could foreshadow a 'dark Lu' sort of storyline, in which the more of her duplicates end up getting killed, the more desensitized to it she becomes (as if she's 'losing more pieces of her soul'), until she becomes a grim sort of figure, who willingly sends dupes to their deaths, because she has become numb to all the death.

It wouldn't have to be anything supernatural, it could be entirely psychological (since Carggites are meant to feel terrible loss when they lose a 'self', it would affect Lu even if they were just empty quantum duplicates, and losing one was no more spiritually significant than clipping your fingernails).

Some sort of telepathic therapy might be required to pull her back from this state, but perhaps not before one or several of her duplicates run away, and perhaps one even goes *really* dark and joins the LSV, convinced that Lu is 'trying to kill her' or even that *she* is the 'real' Luornu, and that the Legion and Chuck have betrayed her and are trying to hunt her down so that the 'fake Lu' can devour her! (And retaining the ability to create a bunch of quantum duplicates herself, unlike other duplicates, leading to some questions as to whether or not she *is* the 'real Luornu,' or has become a real person, so that if Luornu did attempt to reabsorb her, it would be murder!)

There's a lot of story potential to this throwaway 'power up' that Geoff tossed Lu's way.

The scenes with Tinya early on are proving to be a waste of time, unless something big happens next issue. This is extremely insulting to her - she didn't even do anything leaderly. Sigh, what a wasted opportunity.

Yeah. The whole Tinya breaking down and whining about people getting killed reflecting badly on her as leader (gosh, sucked even more of Sun Boy, one would think...) and then phasing away to Bgtzl has been atrocious, and even if there was some lame last minute attempt to salvage it planned, I don't think it's going to happen now (and, hopefully, it wasn't some asspull about her disrupting Tharok's energy form, since that's A) Kitty Pryde's power, B) Tharok is energy, not a machine and C) that would be murder).

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP