Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 09:45 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 08:27 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/07/24 08:07 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 42 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 41 42
Re: Re-Reads (Now discussing: Claremont's X-Men & PAD's Aquaman!)
Lard Lad #804129 03/30/14 03:51 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Thanks for posting here, CMK.

Originally Posted by Chaim Mattis Keller
He also did a good job with "Li'l Lobo" in Young Justice.

Agreed. Just about everything about his Young Justice run was outstanding. It's criminal that only the first few issues were collected (and even that trade is long out-of-print.)

Originally Posted by Chaim Mattis Keller
Did Lobo ever guest in PAD's Supergirl?

No, because by the late 90s Lobo was yesterday's anti-hero. But I think it would have been great if he'd guested in PAD's Supergirl. Imagine Lobo running amok in Leesburg!

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Fanfic Lady #804134 03/30/14 05:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Fanfic Lady

Aquaman 3 (November 1994)

"HEY, PUNK! IMPRESSED YET?"

With those words, Aquaman establishes himself as a force to be reckoned with and leaves the issue's guest-star, Connor "Superboy" Kent, with egg on his face (and a lot of water, too.) That is one of my all-time favorite scenes in a superhero comic.

And the rest of the issue is great, too -- Vulko's skepticism about Aquaman's harpoon hand probably standing in for a lot of stick-in-the-mud Aquaman fans who want the tried and true; Connor's delicious arrogance shows what a great handle PAD already had on the character years before Young Justice; and an excellent cliffhanger.

The tidal wave scene is awesome and is something that should be thought about if they ever make an Aquaman movie. Very powerful scene that shows how influential Aquaman can be at controlling the sea itself (with a little help from his friends.

Superboy is suitably cocky here...and I do like the fact that even after being totally taken to school, he came back for more from out aquatic trio.

The dpl[hin scene hints at who's to come, without it getting in the way of this story.

Aquaman 4 (December 1994)

By PAD's own admission, Lobo was a character he despised, but he reluctantly used him in this issue, because back then, a Lobo appearance guaranteed a sales spike. What I find amazing, as someone who tends to run hot and cold with Lobo, is how amazingly well PAD writes him here, despite his misgivings.

But it's not all fighting and fragging. Dr. Shinobi, the Japanese scientist who sympathizes with the plight of dolphins, is a wonderful character, and I almost wish he hadn't died, even though his death scene and his underwater funeral with the dolphins are beautifully done by PAD.

Meanwhile, the confrontation with Admiral Strom, the guy who set up Aquaman and Aqualad to be captured by Charybdis, leads to more questions than answers, and unlike in modern comics, they will be answered in a timely and satisfying fashion.

"Aw, Frag. Now I gotta be civil."

How many heroes have (or would really try to) talk Lobo down in two pages and very few punches thrown? He's also not portrayed out of character. The Dolphins made this one easy. This is a Lobo that I like to see...one that is there in a relatively small dose, and moves the plot along. Kind of like a lot of his appearances in L.E.G.I.O.N.

I loved the scene when Porm informs Aquaman that the two leg that owns the place is in trouble...because their kind always knows. The way the dolphins took to Dr. Shinobi was very touching and the ending (his ending) was very well done.

I also loved the bit with the sharks and the net...and the fact that he knew they would eventually figure it out. Just in time for lunch. This does bring up an interesting thing though. Aquaman just leaves the man to his fate...which kind of goes against the "hero" code. I have no issue with it, and obviously neither does Peter David here. Just an observation about how this is a different Aquaman. It's not a bloodthirsty killing (well maybe it probably was considering what was about to happen) but he left him to a "jury of his peers," predators all.

I have to admit that I remember this in broad strokes, so a lot of what I am reading feels very fresh to me.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

Lard Lad #804137 03/30/14 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Dev-Em
The tidal wave scene is awesome and is something that should be thought about if they ever make an Aquaman movie. Very powerful scene that shows how influential Aquaman can be at controlling the sea itself (with a little help from his friends

Very well said.

How many heroes have (or would really try to) talk Lobo down in two pages and very few punches thrown? He's also not portrayed out of character. The Dolphins made this one easy. This is a Lobo that I like to see...one that is there in a relatively small dose, and moves the plot along. Kind of like a lot of his appearances in L.E.G.I.O.N.

Again, well said. I do like some of the Lobo solo stuff (somehow, ya just gotta love a story titled "The Fragnificent Seven") but I generally prefer him in small doses.

I also loved the bit with the sharks and the net...and the fact that he knew they would eventually figure it out. Just in time for lunch. This does bring up an interesting thing though. Aquaman just leaves the man to his fate...which kind of goes against the "hero" code. I have no issue with it, and obviously neither does Peter David here. Just an observation about how this is a different Aquaman. It's not a bloodthirsty killing (well maybe it probably was considering what was about to happen) but he left him to a "jury of his peers," predators all.

My reading of the scene is pretty much the same as yours. It also echoes a similar scene in Grant Morrison's "Animal Man". There's always a fine line between justice and vengeance. I don't think either Aquaman or Animal Man crossed it (although I do think Animal Man crossed the line later on in Morrison's run, but that was all undone by the happy ending anyway, so no worries.)

Lard Lad #804138 03/30/14 07:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I had thought was of Animal Man as well. I agree with you on them not crossing that line. They left the people to their fates. There was always that ever so slim chance that they could have gotten out of it. We know the fate of the Aquaman character, and I remember the fate of the Animal character well.

Funny enough, Dolphin herself was part of both stories.

Lard Lad #804141 03/30/14 07:17 PM
Dolphin is a real six-degrees character, isn't she? I wish DC would bring her back (but not in the DCFU).

Lard Lad #804522 04/05/14 01:51 PM
For Emily Sivana, my re-read review of Riot At Xavier's:

In the context of Morrison's entire X-Men run, Riot At Xavier's now stands revealed to me as the turning point. It is, I think, simultaneously the very best and very worst of what Morrison has to offer, and, with Frank Quitely permanently departing the X-Men after this arc, the rest of the run tended towards the worst.

But more than anything, it is clearly, at least to those like me who know a bit of Morrison's personal life (thanks to what he shared in non-fiction book Supergods) drawn largely from personal experience. Like Quentin Quire, Morrison was a hyperintelligent but maladjusted adolescent who had a confrontational and sometimes violent attitude towards authority figures. For me, this story is Morrison holding up a funhouse mirror to his own teenage years and to the ultimate self-defeating failure of the punk ethos espoused by his generation. Quentin ends up with a fate worse than death (perhaps a fate Morrison imagined for himself in his darkest hour), his vast potential held indefinitely in check by a hi-tech suspended animation device representing the repressive elements of the status quo which the X-Men ultimately defend despite their best intentions to change it in a peaceful fashion. Morrison offers no easy answers to the hard questions he raises, but I don't think he should be expected to.

Another theme of this story, and in my opinion a less well-executed one, is the mainstream's ignorant and callous appropriation of alternative culture. When out-and-proud mutant fashion designer Jumbo Carnation dies of a drug overdose at the exact moment he is being victimized by mutant haters, Quentin and his gang appropriate Jumbo's fashions into a gang uniform, showing how much they're missing the point. Similarly, the Beast runs with the public assumption that he's gay (a rumor spread by his journalist ex-girlfriend after a remark he made) in a callous and self-centered way, which, unfortunately for Beast fans, and I am one, makes him look like a complete jerk. This is a failure on Morrison's part, insensitively hijacking a well-rounded established character just to prove a rather muddled point.

Then there's Xorn, the peacedick who turns violent and kills the U-Men who are threatening him and his students. This could have made for interesting developments later in the run, with the consequences of Xorn's actions forcing him onto a hero's journey towards redemption and true enlightment. Instead, he turns out later in the run to be Magneto in disguise. What a waste.

But, ultimately, the most problematic aspects of this story are on the sidelines, and, at its core, Riot At Xavier's is, in my opinion, a provocative and fascinating story.

Lard Lad #804547 04/05/14 05:00 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thank you for posting your re-read. I think this resonated with me well as a teen growing up in a Post-Columbine world. There were kids like Quentin who go down the wrong path despite all advantages handed to him. There are kids trying to make the best of things (the kid with the charisma or Mercury) and get through school. And of course there were people like the Cuckoos who were insanely popular no matter what, and in they end they were more the objects of envy rather than hatred. What girl wouldn't want to be blonde and beautiful?

Quentin Quire becomes a revolutionary to gain one of their attention's, but really there is little appeal in him for teen girls. Even his intelligence and the things he does with it is considered expected for telepaths by hard-working students like Bling!. I have a feeling Marvel is going to keep him a teenager forever, but if they ever age him they would be best to pair him with someone like Lyra.

What did you think of the Emma-Scott-Jean love triangle, Fanfic Lady? I think part of the reason I remember "Riot at Xavier's" is because of Emma's dialogue.

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 04/05/14 05:01 PM.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Lard Lad #804556 04/05/14 06:23 PM
I greatly enjoyed most of Emma's dialogue. Morrison obviously had a lot of fun writing her dialogue. I didn't care for her comment about Madame DeFarge having hair on the back of her hands, but I chalk it up to jealousy and insecurity rather than intolerance.

As far as the Emma-Scott-Jean love triangle, I have to say that I feel Morrison completely misunderstood Scott, who is admittedly a very difficult character to write, moreso since the mid-80s when he ran out on his wife and newborn after he found out Jean was alive. Jean should never have been resurrected in my opinion, so I have no emotional attachment to her portrayals of the past 30 or so years. Emma easily came off best of the three, although in the aftermath she was kind of overexposed in the Marvel Universe for a long time, which predisposed me to dislike her for quite some time. I can appreciate her evolution better now and I like her much more than I used to, although the recent re-read of her earliest appearances proved hard to reconcile with that very same evolution, because she was so vicious back then. I'm not a fan of how she's currently being portrayed by Brian Bendis, although I haven't read an issue of Bendis' X-Men for a long time, but I doubt she's being portrayed any more accurately.

Lard Lad #804628 04/06/14 06:26 PM
Aquaman 5-8 (Jsnuary 1995-April 1995)

This excellent four-parter finds Aquaman setting off on a quest to find his father, Atlan, while Aqualad goes off on a quest of his own for the girl he thinks is Tula. The story introduces Aquaman's illegitimate teenage son, Koryak (one of my favorite bad boys of the DCU), transforms Koryak's meek mother into Corona, a vengeful fire elemental, and features guest villainy from none other than Jack Kirby's Fourth World creations, the Deep Six (this was intended by PAD as a deliberate tribute to Kirby, who had died a few months earlier, but, unfortunately, an editorial oversight resulted in the lack of a creator's credit for Kirby -- the editors printed an apology in the letter column of a later issue). Lots of thrills, chills, and laughs -- big laughs! In fact, I think issue 5 is one of the funniest comics ever published! But it is bittersweet to read this in retrospect, knowing now that Corona became a dangling unresolved subplot, and Koryak was largely ignored by later writers before being killed off along with most of the other Atlanteans during the buildup to Infinite Crisis. Such are the ways of mainstream comics. But at least we have these twenty-six wonderful issues to treasure, and we're only a fraction of the way through them.

Lard Lad #804629 04/06/14 09:47 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
The Deep Six are just a perfect group to end up facing off against Aquaman!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Lard Lad #804659 04/07/14 04:39 PM
Yes, and PAD wrote them very well. It was also a clever way of getting Fourth World fans who might not be Aquaman fans to check out the Aquaman comic. Hopefully that will continue to happen in the future. Though no issues of this run have been collected, they're nice and cheap to acquire as floppies.

Lard Lad #805023 04/13/14 12:08 PM
Aquaman 9 (June 1995)

While getting a replacement hook at S.T.A.R. Labs, Aquaman is attacked by the mercenary Deadline (a Z-list villain who had previously appeared in the Will Payton Starman series), whom by the end of the issue readers will discover was hired by Poseidonis' current monarch, King Thesily. Meanwhile, Koryak ingratiates himself with the Poseidonians through an act of heroism, and Garth washes up on a shore unconscious, to be found by...somebody.

A good issue. PAD doesn't do anything new or wonderful with Deadline, but his tuff-guy posturing is amusing enough. And King Thesily is easy for me to hate, what with his name being so similar to that of a Sandman character I despise.

Aquaman 10 (July 1995)

Aquaman clashes momentarily with Green Lantern Kyle Rayner over a shark scare near a beach community. In the end, both come away respecting each other. Meanwhile, the mysterious quakes striking Poseidonis are getting worse, and King Thesily is crushed by falling debris just as he's attempting to assassinate Koryak, who leaves Thesily to die.

Yet another nice bit of DCU synergy. If Kyle had always been this well-written, I would have been more accepting of him (actually, I'd have accepted him from the beginning if Hal Jordan had simply quit the Green Lantern Corps, as Gerard Jones originally intended, but that's a whole other discussion.)

Aquaman 11 (August 1995)

Koryak manipulates his way to the throne of Poseidonis and leads a mass exodus even as Aquaman discovers something interesting about the hill that's been emerging under the city with each successive quake. In the abandoned city, Aquaman and Dolphin totally do it, only for Mera to walk in on them.

The plot thickens, and Koryak is, like I said before, one of my favorite bad boys of the DCU.

Aquaman 12 (September 1995)

Dolphin and Mera have a catfight. Dolphin wins. After some witty banter, Mera goes nutso and runs away. Aquaman and Dolphin follow her down an abyss, and then things get really weird.

I've never liked Mera. I'm not sure why, I just don't (although I do know that DC's Mary Sue-ing/Mera Sue-ing of her in recent years hasn't helped my disposition). PAD doesn't seem particularly fond of her either, which suits me just fine.

This is the opening chapter of the most confusing, and arguably weakest, arc of PAD's Aquaman run. It all somehow ties in with a villain from the previous Aquaman run named Thanatos. Some flashback and/or footnotes would have helped.

Still, the catfight and the banter alone make this yet another worthwhile issue.

Lard Lad #805491 04/20/14 03:09 PM
I won't be posting Aquaman reviews this weekend, because I'm too busy working on fanfics. Hopefully next weekend.

Lard Lad #806011 04/26/14 07:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Gonna shoot to catch up this next week. Way behind.

Lard Lad #806118 04/27/14 05:43 PM
Aquaman 13-14 (October 1995-November 1995)

Mera, Thanatos, and some annoying kid who may be either Aquaman's or Thanatos' turn out to inhabit some kind of purgatory ruled by demons who return people to life if they prove that they're evil. So Thanatos, who looks like Orin (and even wears the blue suit) ends up in our dimension, impersonates Aquaman for a while, making a threatening broadcast and scaring the surface world. Then he's killed by Major Disaster, whose powers have been amped up by Neron as part of the Underworld Unleashed event. I think PAD writes MD better than anyone before or since, and the ending is very clever, but, Jeez Louise, this story is confusing.

Lard Lad #807053 05/04/14 11:13 AM
Aquaman 15 (December 1995)

Aquaman's father, Atlan, sends him and Dolphin back to their home dimension. Mera has to stay behind because her kid ages prematurely if he's outside the Others' purgatory. The object rising underneath Poseidonis turns out to be the alien ship that crash-landed on Earth millenia ago. An evil alien, Tiamat, emerges from it and battles Aquaman, but the ship has already chosen to bond with Aquaman. Meanwhile, the exiles witness the rebirth of Aquaman's evil ancestor, Kordax.

Back on form, PAD delivers an excellent issue with a couple Easter eggs for people who have read the excellent mini-series The Atlantis Chronicles (also written by PAD.)

Lard Lad #807075 05/04/14 04:56 PM
Aquaman 16 (January 1996)

A group of Justice Leaguers (Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Fire, Icemaiden, Guy Gardner, Obsidian) respond belatedly to the recent developments in Poseidonis. Aquaman rebuffs them, perhaps a little too forcefully (though Diana gets her licks in), and then, once they're gone, he explains to Dolphin what he plans to do: unite all the cities of Atlantis against the coming invasion from the aliens who spawned the Atlanteans.

A nice ensemble piece. Even Guy Gardner is tolerable, proving once again what a good writer PAD can be.

Lard Lad #807804 05/11/14 06:31 PM
Aquaman 17-18 (February-March 1996)

The city of Hy-Brasil allies itself with Aquaman, but only after its people commit regicide. Meanwhile, Dolphin's past is partially revealed, Atlan and Garth make preparations for the battles ahead, and Admiral Strom, who turns out to be a pawn of the alien invaders, goes to warn Ocean Master that Aquaman is coming.

And so PAD's grand Aquaman epic begins its final movement toward the crescendo. It only gets better and better from here.

Lard Lad #808345 05/18/14 05:13 PM
Before I post my next review, I have a heads-up for anyone who likes Peter David's writing, but especially Lardy and Cobie: I've enjoyed my Aquaman re-read -- which is ending next weekend -- so much, that I plan for my next re-reads to be PAD's other two long DC runs, Supergirl and Young Justice. Now, I was thinking of doing Young Justice first so that Lardy can have plenty of time to finish his Avengers read, and then I thought we could all re-read Supergirl together. What do you think?

Aquaman 19-21 (April 1996-June 1996)

The next city on Aquaman's list, the Hidden Land in the Himalayas, turns out to be ruled by none other than his nemesis and half-brother, Ocean Master, who was empowered by Neron during Underworld Unleashed and is suffering the consequences of a deal with the devil. Aquaman and Dolphin are rescued by Garth, now a fully confident wizard after being trained for three years in another dimension by Atlan, but the Hidden Land is destroyed. Meanwhile, Atlan dodges a long-range attack by Koryak, then confronts Koryak's band of exiles, who are under Koryak's control. And Aquaman has better luck with the city of Thierna Na Oge, a mystically-oriented matriarchy. Just in time, too, because the aliens make a preliminary strike, which our heroes repel. But there's more where that came from.

This is just awesome stuff, equal parts sizzling action and scintillating characterizations. And we haven't even gotten to the part where Aquaman assembles all the underwater heroes. Until next weekend...

Fanfic Lady #808575 05/20/14 08:27 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Before I post my next review, I have a heads-up for anyone who likes Peter David's writing, but especially Lardy and Cobie: I've enjoyed my Aquaman re-read -- which is ending next weekend -- so much, that I plan for my next re-reads to be PAD's other two long DC runs, Supergirl and Young Justice. Now, I was thinking of doing Young Justice first so that Lardy can have plenty of time to finish his Avengers read, and then I thought we could all re-read Supergirl together. What do you think?

I'm not opposed to that. However, it might be difficult for me to track down amongst my fairly disorganized collection. Won't help that it's VERY hot up in the attic (where lots of my comics are) for me during the summer down here. I was also thinking I would next continue the X-Men re-read at some point after the Avengers thing. So I'd guess that it won't be a go for me if it occurs any time before...the winter?

BTW, probably the biggest PAD re-read I'd like to do, accounting for my own level of interest, some day is his Hulk.

Also, I'm enjoying your Aquaman rundown. I haven't commented, though, because the memory's proving pretty fuzzy for me beyond the broad strokes. I remember, though, that I liked the book a lot until very near the end of his run. (I also thought Dan Jurgens was doing well on the book when it was cancelled.)

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Lard Lad #808616 05/21/14 09:40 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Both of those runs are at my parents, so it will take some doing to get them. (Which is why I didn't concurrently read Aquaman or the Englehart Avengers, two runs which I love and would love to reread with you guys, but I just don't have the chance to do so). So chalk me up for a "if I can make it happen, I will". Regardless, I'd love to read a review of your own rereads of both series, especially Young Justice.

Currently, other than what I'm buying now, all I really have access to are the entire runs of the Legion and X-Men at my own house.

BTW, I plan on building my comic book room--to mirror my Dad's own one--sometime in the next 2-3 years. At that point, I'll have all the comics easily available. But alas, I have so many other projects to do first, starting with the ever-expensive and no fun having to get a new roof next year.

Lard Lad #808665 05/21/14 04:41 PM
Lardy, Cobie, thank you both for your feedback. I would LOVE to do a re-read of PAD's Hulk run, but I think I'll do Young Justice and Supergirl first because I'm in an old-school DCU state of mind right now. So maybe the Hulk can be our winter re-read. And I'm also more than happy to re-start the X-Men re-read once we're done with the Avengers.

Lardy, glad you're enjoying the Aquaman reviews. I actually considered doing PAD's whole run, but eventually I decided that even though there's some excellent issues after #25, it just doesn't have the focus that the previous issues did. I'll elaborate on that this weekend when I post my final Aquaman review.

Cobie, best of luck with the long-term comic book room project. It'll be a lot of effort, but well worth it.

Lard Lad #809165 05/25/14 04:33 PM
Aquaman 22 (July 1996)

The next city on Aquaman's list is Basilia, also known as the floating city. The aliens are already attempting to take Basilia by force. Aquaman takes on the aliens almost single-handed, and is only saved by his father Atlan's timely intervention. Meanwhile, Kordax and his mind-slaves invade Tritonis. And back in Basilia, Aquaman and his allies take control and expel the aliens by launching the city into the air and then turning it upside down. While Aquaman and Atlan have a heart-to-heart talk, one of the highest-ranking aliens is claiming to the President of the United States that they come in peace and have the means of ushering in a Golden Age for Earth.

Aquaman 23 (August 1996)

Aquaman and his allies arrive at Tritonis too late to stop the carnage. After Garth defeats Koryak one-on-one, Aquaman and Kordax go at it, but appear too evenly matched. Kordax and his forces retreat strategically. Later, the aliens are holding a press conference as Aquaman gathers more allies: Arion, the Sea Devils, Power Girl (who, remember, at this point was supposed to be Arion's great-grandaughter), and Tsunami and her daughter Deep Blue.

Aquaman 24 (September 1996)

All-out action as Aquaman and his troops battle the alien armada, while the aliens' leader sweet-talks the citizens of Earth. Tiamat returns, kills her pawn, Admiral Strom, and intimidates Kordax into invading Washington, D.C., where Aquaman and the aliens' leader are beginning a private conference.

Aquaman 25 (October 1996)

A series of final reckonings: Basilia is destroyed by the aliens, but Aquaman's allies survive thanks to Tsunami; Garth and Koryak have a rematch where Garth wins again; Aquaman and Kordax, who had programmed Dolphin to kill Aquaman, have a rematch, too, which ends with Dolphin turning against Kordax, who chooses to kill himself rather than surrender; and teamwork expels Tiamat from this dimension. And, at last, Aquaman and the aliens have their conference, where Aquaman tricks them into revealing to the whole world that their plans for a Golden Age include nothing less than a preliminary apocalypse. Unruffled, the aliens depart, confident that humans will do their work for them and they'll come back to pick up the pieces. A qualified victory for Aquaman, then, and he knows it.

I made the plot summaries extra detailed this time to better illustrate how beautifully all of PAD's plot strands come together. He had already done this many times before in earlier works, and there was no reason not to believe that he would continue to do the same on Aquaman for many years.

Unfortunately, PAD has said that from this point on, he started getting mixed messages from editorial, which resulted in the Aquaman stories getting shorter, simpler, less substantial, and generally less satisfying to readers and writer alike. For 21 more issues, the book (pun alert) treaded water and seemed unsure of where exactly it was heading. Finally, after a truncated conclusion to Aquaman's conflict with the sea god Triton, PAD moved on...to Young Justice, which I'll be re-reading next.

I'm not sure yet if I'll start the Young Justice re-read next weekend or the weekend after that. So, Lardy, if you could be so kind as to change the subtitle of this thread to "Coming Soon: PAD's Young Justice"? Thank you in advance.

Lard Lad #809893 05/31/14 02:36 PM
Lardy, I'm sorry to nag, but I see you haven't changed this thread's subtitle yet, and I'm beginning the Young Justice re-read on Monday evening. Could you please change it to "Now discussing: PAD's Young Justice" sometime this weekend?

Re: Re-Reads (Now discussing: PAD's Young Justice!)
Lard Lad #809896 05/31/14 02:44 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Done! Sorry, 'twas an oversight on my part. Forgiveness? frown

wink

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Page 22 of 42 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,189
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star