Roll Call
0 members (), 115 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Castiglione
#785444 08/29/13 07:06 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Castiglione is a developing city to the southeast of the capitol of Legionopolis. It's surrounded by hills rich in agriculture. The Petrarch River passes through the city; the two halves of the city are connected by a bridge built by Talokian architects. In the summer time the temperature is around 100 Fahrenheit.

It was founded by families who were involved with the textile industry on Earth. It has attracted young people on Legion World who do not wish to be farmers, as well as skilled and semi-skilled immigrants from other UP planets. It has even drawn the attention of the Sivana family, who wish to establish a new chemical planet in the city. In a show of good faith, the company-sponsored science fair will be held at a local college. They have even bought a summer house for their family.

Places of Interest

New Beaufort College - The second best college on Legion World. It will be the host of 3013's Georgia's Science Fair, sponsored by Sivana Technology.

The Hatfield Theater - This venue hosts a wide array of plays, masques, and concerts. Current shows include "Engine Joe", "My Second Countess", and "Henry VIII".

Trading Market - One of the few places on Legion World where one can buy goods from places beyond the United Planets. Some people in Castilglione have become rich by sending out fleets to get new spices.

Savoy Gardens - This is a public garden recently gifted to the city by an heiress who died of the clover pox. It contains a maze, where many young people in love are said to meet.

Lodging and Hospitals

Orsini Hotel - A grand hotel in the style of 20th century USA. It has been visited by foreign nobility and has a price to match.

Raphael Inn - A modern hotel which incorporates some as aspects of 21st century China in its design. It is for those who are looking for an average experience at an average price.

Blount Motel - A modest hotel that meets government standards. It is the best option if one is on a budget or is planning on spending the majority of his or her time outside of their room.

Galen Hospital - 1500 Antwerp Street. It is one of the leading places for treatment on everything from tournament injuries to Nasgerian yellow fever.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Re: Castiglione
Emily Sivana #785457 08/29/13 08:45 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
"Well, what do you think, baby?" Invisible Brainiac smiled as he and Blaze flew over the green hills of Castiglione. "Beautiful and peaceful, isn't it?"

"The perfect place to get away from it all," Blaze sighed. "I just want to grab a hammock and take a nap!"

"I think we should be able to," IB replied. "The Office of Security is well in hand, and all notifications and reports will go to Space Ranger for the time being. It'll be nice to get some peace and quiet."

Invisible Brainiac #785649 08/31/13 02:43 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Emily looked over the house, which was a modest two-story dwelling with five bedrooms. Her uncle recently purchased it as a vacation home for the family. He asked Emily to use it to entertain important guests and to oversee the Science Fair. In the winter he said some of her cousins would move in, which made her wonder if those relatives were being driven off of Earth.

In any case, Emily was happy to get away from Legion World. Her boyfriend had to go back to Nasger following the death of a neighbor, leaving her with little to do outside of work. She thought it would be good to take some time off before the summer ended. She sent out invitations for a modest party this evening. She invited some of her friends to this dinner.

Emily glanced over the table, set with imported plates made of egirt hours before the guests were to arrive. She was glad that her parents had to move to different regions of Earth when she was a child, as it allowed her to learn how to cook and do tasks by herself. Some of her cousins were always surrounded by servants and could not do anything by themselves.

Emily went into the kitchen to check on the tart, when the doorbell rang...

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #785867 08/31/13 11:43 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
"Funny how Castiglione has so many old cathedrals despite its focus on agricultural science," IB said as they flew over the city.

"Ah, that's because Castiglione embraced both the sciences and the arts," Blaze said with a touch of pride. "They were a religious people of course, but they also wanted their cathedrals to be monuments to art! You'll see some of the best paintings and frescoes in the galaxy here."

"You've been reading up, huh?" IB kissed Blaze on the cheek. "So Mr. Tour Guide, which of these churches do you want to visit first?"

Invisible Brainiac #786246 09/02/13 08:41 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Emily opened the door to find a figure dressed in a black coat with white trim. It was difficult for her to tell whether or not this was a man or a woman. This person wore a an opaque mask over their face. She was afraid to say anything in fear of offending a guest or provoking a criminal. The situation was made more intense by the sound of a cricket near the door.

The person said, "I heard there was to be a party today. I am sent here on behalf of the Cavorian government, which was moved by a higher power to send me here."

She asked him, "Who are you and can you prove your Cavorian credentials?"

The person replied, "I cannot tell you my identity at this time, but I can prove my citizenship."

The cloaked figure took out a badge from his pocket and flashed it from Emily. It was the national seal of Cavor, a moon which her maternal grandfather helped to settle on behalf of the United Planets. The silvery eight-pointed star was outlined by a black trim and in the center was a red kite. The bird was circled by a motto written in Interlac, Talokian, and the Xanthu dialect: Forever free under the true star.

"The people that sent me said that may not be enough to convince you, so they also sent me this," The person continued. He or she lifted a small vial out of a container on his or her belt. This person threw it on the cricket on the ground, who immediately froze in place.

"That has to be Suspendium. It is strictly controlled by the family, which is why it is so expensive. I believe you truly are from Cavor and know my family somehow. You may come in, my guests should be here rather quickly," Emily replied.

As soon as she got to the kitchen she notified the Office of Security that she had a strange visitor. If this was a criminal in disguise, she would need help bringing him in. She hoped that someone who was invited to the party would come quickly.

Emily Sivana #786258 09/02/13 08:50 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
< in a classic 20th Century tuxedo, Cobalt tied his bow tie perfectly, as if he'd done it a thousand times before...since he had >

"Well, it only seems right I attend the entire event, Lolita," he said to his long time friend and colleague. "I have an invested interest in who wins the Physics competition".

Lolita laughed as she sipped a cosmopolitan. "Ha! To think, some co-ed at New Beaufort College writes a paper on you, and then creates an experiment on how your powers work. And suddenly you're her sponsor in the science fair! If she was just trying to find a way to meet and seduce you, she just hit the jackpot."

"Haha," he said sarcastically, now pouring himself a scotch since he was perfectly dressed. "I've seen her and she's beautiful. Flattery and seduction will get her everywhere. But don't forget I am a bit of a science prodigy. Or was, at least...I've been distracted these last, oh, 10 or 15 years." With that they clinked glasses and both laughed.

"You're so predictable," said, though she met only to herself. "This girl flatters you and you're really attending to put your espionage skills and charm to work to help her win with the judges".

Cobalt smiled. "Rond Vidar and Harmoni Li are judging the Physics competition. So you know what that means, right?"

She looked confused.

He smiled.

"You're helping me run this op."

They toasted one another again.

Last edited by Cobalt Kid; 09/02/13 09:40 PM.
Emily Sivana #786265 09/02/13 09:10 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Angdar sat alone in his quarters at the Office of Security. There was no doubt that he was bored. Zoe was in a meeting and IB and Blaze were off at that Science Fair.

He looked down at his invitation. He wasn't sure why he had been invited to attend. Zoe had told him to go and mingle with some of the others...but he had been going through transmissions from Thanagar lately, and feeling homesick and worried about his family. He knew they were safe based on what he had seen through pictures. But he did not like them having to hide because of him.

"Well...training or go on patrol for the fun of it," he said to himself. "I guess I'll just..." He was interrupted by the intercom. "Mr. Fel, there has been an incoming call from Ms. Sivana. It seems she may need some discrete assistance."

"Okay, I'll check it out," he said as he grabbed a few things and headed towards the door. "It'll only take me a few minutes to get there."

Emily Sivana #786281 09/02/13 10:18 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
The Florencian - one of the top restaurants in Castiliogne, it is rumored to be built on an ancient temple, and is adorned famously with religious totems, scientific equations and hieroglyphics. Some say its the perfect meeting of spiritualism and science--and a fascinating place for cocktails and dinner.

"Though the Fair does not actually begin for a few more days, I thought we'd hold this impromptu gathering for the young prodigals to interact with some of Legion World's more accomplished citizens: the trail blazers in science, medicine, art, culture, academia, business and yes, even government." He said the last dripping with sarcasm to a roomful of laughter.

"So consider this an informal prelude to the opening reception. I've become an acquaintance--well, friend really--to the paramour of Ms. Sivana, though that tail isn't quite public yet. When he mentioned this event, I was thrilled. So it's with great happiness that our wonderful Florencian, which you all know I have a controlling interest in, can play host."

Cobalt smiled at the various guests, particularly the Sivana family as they all tried to take each others measure.

"I'll save the toasts for the proper ceremonies. Instead I'll suggest you try the wine--a 2997 vintage from Winath--and inform the young prodigies of a standing offer of one million credits to anyone who deciphers the so-called Atlantis Equation on the temple walls." He smiled widely, first at Lolita, then Emily and then the students. Finally, he added "cheers".

"You're such a piece of work," said Lolita. "When did you buy this place? And why have you never brought me here if its world famous?"

Cobalt simply laughed. "You should see the oyster bar I own on Neptune." He suddenly spotted someone who interested him: "ah, Ms Li, correct? A real honor. Your work this past year has been riveting."

"I'm surprised your heard of it," said a beautiful Asian-Earth woman, "and you can call me Harmonia."

Emily Sivana #786285 09/02/13 10:28 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Angdar had landed in time to change into a more formal outfit and hear Cobalt Kids speech.

He had gotten to know Cobalt Kid pretty well over the last few months, especially during his visits to Webers World. Cobalt had been helping him as much as he could.

He looked around the room and nodded at a few people he knew. he noticed Invisible Brainiac and Blaze mingling while still making eyes at each other. He's talk to them soon enough.

He finally caught site of Emily across the room, and started to make his way over to her. Just to let her know that he was there if she needed help. There was no reason to alert anyone else...and he hoped they wouldn't have to at all.

Angdar Fel #786294 09/03/13 08:29 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
"Who is that person?" Emily's mysterious guest asked.

Emily replied, "That is Cobalt Kid. He is some sort of diplomat and hero."

"Oh, now I remember him from a footnote in a book about the founders of Cavor." The guest quickly replied. It sounded as if he was struggling to contain information. Emily thought that if this man truly had negative intentions, that he was poorly picked.

"So today is not the day of the Fair?" The guest asked. He seemed troubled by this news.

"No, I am afraid you might have come too early. You might have to stay at the house for a few days," Emily replied. Angdar Fel came by and Emily decided to greet him.

"Hello, Angdar Fel. This is the first guest that has arrived at my house. What do you call yourself?" Emily said.

The guest thought for a second and replied, "In the style of this planet, you can call me Variance."

Emily Sivana #786330 09/03/13 01:19 PM
The Green Queen
The Green Queen
Kinetix tried to look interested, but the bore yammering away in front of her was making it very difficult.

"And if we increase aid to Hykraius by 3.41% over the next 15 cycles, we will..."

She sighed. They had more than enough resources to grant the request; why must they all wait? IB owed her! The minute he came back she would so go on vacation.

She hoped Angdar was having more fun over at Castiglione.

Why must power be so elusive?
Emily Sivana #786367 09/03/13 08:21 PM
Substitute
Substitute
"Nice to meet you Variance."

Angdar smiled as he spoke to Variance, but felt an unease around Emilys' house guest.

"Well, hope to see you around during the Fair," he said as he turned his attention towards Emily. "Are we still on for dinner later?" He asked her, hoping she would understand what he was trying to do.

Angdar Fel #786368 09/03/13 09:14 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Emily was lost in thought when he asked that question. Variance? That word has something to do with mathematics. I wonder if it means anything. She looked up to see both the people staring at her, and she put a smile smile on her face.

"I do have dinner waiting for us at home. It would seem a bit odd for us to leave now," Emily commented.

Variance asked, "Where are the projects housed before the Science Fair?"

"Most of them are posters or models, so they stay with the contestants until the Science Fair. Were you sent here to be a judge?" Emily asked.

"I cannot say anything yet, things will be revealed when they are meant to be revealed. And yes, I would like to go back to the house, " The mysterious guest said. Emily thought she saw a flash of orange light on his hands as he said this, but dismissed the thought as irrational.

"Yes, I feel a bit uncomfortable myself. I haven't spoke to some of these relatives in nearly a year. How can we get out of here without Cobalt Kid noticing?" She asked Angdar Fel.

Emily Sivana #786409 09/04/13 08:19 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
"This is the best pizza I've ever had!" Blaze's eyes nearly filled with tears of joy.

IB smiled. Blaze loved tomato sauce, and he loved cheese. And now he was getting probably the best pizza on Legion World, full of sunripe tomatoes and topped with four kinds of cheese.

IB rubbed Blaze's tummy. "Eat lots, baby. I can feel our twins kicking!"

"uff!" Blaze quickly swallowed the pasta in his mouth. "Just because you've been hitting the gym five times a week to my three! I can't help it if I've been busy finishing up my Academy classes!"

"Sssh baby, you know you're the sexiest being EVER," IB gently nuzzled Blaze's cheek as he poured a glass of red wine. "Come on, let's just enjoy the moment."

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 10/19/13 08:26 PM.
Emily Sivana #786434 09/04/13 02:10 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
< the festivities of the evening begin to die down >

Waiter: "Excuse me, Mr. Cobalt Kid, Sir?"

Cobalt: (tired and caught trying to leave his own party) "Ah. Yes? How can I help you, Jake?"

Waiter: "It's Jeff, Sir. There's a young lady who keeps trying to meet you."

Cobalt: "Is she now?" (fixing his tie)

Waiter: (annoyed) "Yes, well, apparently you're sponsoring her science fair project and haven't actually taken the time to meet her. I told her that's impossible, as the great hero Cobalt Kid wouldn't be that thoughtless. Apparently I was wrong."

Cobalt: (amused) "Y'know, for a waiter you make a great comedian. I can see we didn’t hire you for your youthful good looks.”

Waiter: (also amused) “She’s still waiting, sir. The poor dear. She considers you some kind of idol or something. This is going to be a disaster. Maybe you can have her meet Power Boy or Shark Lad instead?”

Cobalt: “Are you sure you’re not really the Red Bee? And enough already, introduce me to this young woman of fine taste! I’ve actually read the report for her project and think its brilliant. She’ll probably fit right in with the geeky LMBers who like comic books and roleplaying and all that…”

Waiter: “This way then, oh legendary one.” (begins walking)

Cobalt (starts following and then turns to Lolita, who is interrupted in the middle of her own conversation): “Keep an eye out for this waiter. I think he’s a Dark Oval spy. At the very least, a hippie or communist or something.”

Lolita (shaking head, turning to guests) “what was I saying?”

Party Guest: “was he drunk?”

Cobalt (still following, then stops): “Okay, where is she? I won’t settle for anything less than the top prize, and this might be the time to let her know we need to be competitive.”

Waiter: (standing next to a beautiful, very tall brunette). “Ahem.”

Cobalt: “well? I don’t have all night Jeeves.”

Waiter: “Ahem.”

Cobalt: “sounds like a chest cold. I can heal you, if you’d like. You should get that checked out. It’s breezy out here.”

Waiter (rolling eyes): “Allow me to introduce one of the top young students at the New Beaufort College, Ms. Lydda Jath.

Lydda Jath: “This is such an honor! It’s great to meet you, Cobalt Kid!”

Cobalt: love

Cobalt Kid #786903 09/08/13 08:49 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Angdar Fel shrugged his shoulders and pointed out that Cobalt Kid was nowhere to be seen. The three of them agreed to go back to the house and proceeded to walk back to the house. The mysterious guest was trying to maintain a plain expression, but at times showed hints of surprise. Emily wanted to know more about what he was thinking and attempted to engage him in more conversation.

"Do you know anything about the LMB?" She asked the guest.

He smiled, "I know it is an important organization in this place and time. However, I really don't understand why there needs to be a Legion. I would prefer to work with a smaller group so that I would know everyone well."

"You remind me of Albrecht. He once told me one should only need four people to save a world. Have you ever met him?" She asked.

The guest sighed, "I wanted to meet him, but he is apparently in the Cassopeia Galaxy."

They walked into the house and proceeded to the kitchen. Emily looked at the dinner she prepared and offered some food to her visitors. The mysterious guest was about to take off his mask when there was a flash of light and a new person entered the room...

Emily Sivana #786976 09/08/13 10:51 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Sunlight's last soft glow cast a colorful set of shadows above Castiglione. IB turned to look at Blaze beside him, whose head was leaning on his own chest. It was a magical moment, and IB was grateful that it allowed him the chance to forget everything that was going on outside of Castiglione.

"I wish we could stay like this forever, baby," he whispered.

"We will, baby," Blaze replied as he nuzzled closer to IB.

The two continued to stare out into the sunset as it gently kissed the verdant hills.

Invisible Brainiac #787452 09/14/13 09:33 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Emily looked up to see that it was her cousin, Concordia. She was holding a bag in one hand and had a death-ray at her hip. She exchanged greetings with Emily and Angdar Fel before sitting down to dinner. Concordia did not seem surprised at all by the mysterious guest.

She asked Emily, "I am sorry I can only stay for one night. There is an important conference I have to go to tomorrow. How are things between you and Sebastian?"

"They are progressing as much as they can under the circumstances. How are things between you and Ulysees?" Emily replied.

"We are in a similar situation. Though I bet our guest knows all about it, doesn't he?" Concordia winked at the man. The other two diners looked at Concordia and then the mysterious guest.

After a minute of awkward silence he stated, "People in the future will say that Emily and Sebastian were married, though some say that she was married to other people as well. Thankfully the Cavorian property inheritance runs through her side, so it won't matter very much."

"Ha. You are a very funny match-maker. Who else is supposed to be at this dinner, Emily?" Concordia smiled.

Emily Sivana #791171 10/19/13 08:30 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
"Toured cathedrals, ate pizza, watched the sunset. What do we do next?" IB asked.

"Wine tasting," Blaze said with a huge grin. "I've checked the webs and I know the best wine bar here, with lots of cute local men!"

"And you know I love their darkish good looks here," IB smiled. "Mmm. Let's go indulge!"

Emily Sivana #791338 10/20/13 10:35 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Emily paused and shook her head, "I invited a good number of people to join as at this gathering. But this is nothing compared to what we are going to have after the Science Fair."

Concordia said, "Yes, show off all the spices and that sugar-like stuff from planets beyond the Khanate."

"Then you will be happy with dessert tonight," Emily said. The doorbell rang again, she excused herself and opened the door.

Emily Sivana #791347 10/20/13 10:42 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Invisible Brainiac smiled at Blaze, and then at the admirers whose table they'd joined - another couple, one a dark-haired local with a bright smile and just the right amount of stubble; the other a cute blonde who couldn't keep his eyes off Blaze. He grinned as he sipped from his cup. Blaze squeezed his hand under the table. IB knew that Blaze liked the blonde back. IB's own knee was touching the knee of the local boy, and neither made a move to give the other space.

This was definitely going somewhere.

IB raised his glass. "A toast, to having understanding and adventurous boyfriends, bottles of good wine, and enough energy to dance the night away!"

Four wine glasses clinked in unison as knowing smiles were flashed all around. This would be a very good night.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,974
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
KOKO
KOKO
Interplanetary Zoo
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star