Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Favorite Avengers Line Up - Inspired by Cassaday's "Decades" Variant Covers.
Power Boy #790873 10/17/13 12:48 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Power Boy
I'd keep a non crazy Quicksilver but I like how this era and slightly before it introduced a younger generation ... <despite not really liking Triathalon>

This line up was not so shabby either:
[Linked Image]

Ooh, a definite favorite line up! Avengers Forever was awesome, and I loved seeing Genis and Melissa on the team!

And any team that, through temporal shenanigans, has *two* Hank Pyms on it, well, that's just a bonus.

I also love how, in that very picture, Wasp pretty much assumes command, while Captain America just stands there and approves.

The covers are a bit shy on the eras ... I liked this line up:

[Linked Image]

Replace Triathalon in that picture with the Beast, and I'd be all for it.

I don't mind Triathalon (and really like his powers, if not his red and green costume...), I just don't really see him as belonging with that particular line up. A team of Avengers who never really got their chance to shine, including him, Silverclaw, Justice, Firestar, Living Lightning, Rage, etc. could be interesting. There are a lot of Avengers who always seemed kind of peripheral to the core team, and they might really get a chance to shine on a team without the old standbys of Thor, Cap, Tony, etc.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Re: Favorite Avengers Line Up - Inspired by Cassaday's "Decades" Variant Covers.
Set #790881 10/17/13 02:00 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Originally Posted by Set

I also love how, in that very picture, Wasp pretty much assumes command, while Captain America just stands there and approves

I think he's just dozed off waiting for Rick Jones to shut up.

Either that or those feathers on his head are tuners and he's found his favourite station - Sounds of the '40s.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Power Boy #790889 10/17/13 02:59 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'd keep a non crazy Quicksilver but I like how this era and slightly before it introduced a younger generation ... <despite not really liking Triathalon>

This line up was not so shabby either:
[Linked Image]

This scene is actually very powerful ... This is the grown up Wasp and she effortlessly takes control ... in front of two of her ex's ... one of which is crazy ... in front of Captain America (who has self esteem issues and dosn't pick up the pace) ... and a butchy Hawkeye ...

It would be hard for a normal person just to be in that situation but .. not the Wasp she takes it head on.

This is why her current portrayal as a cougar and only a flirt in Uncanny Avengers seems so silly.

Power Boy #790917 10/17/13 05:21 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'd love to see a JLA/Avengers crossover with, as Set says, "members who never really got to shine" - though a lot of the members I'll cite below are pretty popular in their own right.

Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi) and Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) can bond over their energy powers and sharing code names with arguably more famous heroes.

Living Lightning and Fire could bond over their Latin roots (and shared love of men? heehee. They are both so hooooot).

Ice and Crystal share a "set apart" status - Ice is a "goddess" or at least has links to the gods, Crystal an Inhuman.

And so on and so on...

Power Boy #790985 10/18/13 01:22 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
and Vibe and um....can....uh...

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Power Boy #791010 10/18/13 05:49 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Vibe and D-Man can have a suck-off. (And by that, I mean a contest to see who sucks the most, like a dance-off, but with suck, not at all the way it turned out sounding...)

Power Boy #791012 10/18/13 05:51 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I'm glad you explained that. smile

Power Boy #791013 10/18/13 05:52 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Manitou Raven and Doctor Druid can have a stare-off to determine who is the most culturally-specific third-tier dead magician.

Triumph and Sentry can have a contest to see who is the most retroactively-always-a-member-but-nobody-remembers-or-cares-about-with-Superman-plus-powers.

Power Boy #791479 10/21/13 04:48 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Rick Jones and Snapper Carr can arm-wrestle for "most annoying non-powered teen sidekick".

Power Boy #791491 10/21/13 06:24 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Red Tornado and the Vision can have a robot hero with human wife rock-em-sock-em robo-slap fight.

Wasp and Black Canary, animal-themed heroines not taken as seriously as they should be!

Was Risk ever a Leaguer? He'd be a funny match-up against Triathlon. "I have the power of six teens!" Slap! "I have the power of three grown-ups. Sit down and shut up." Pow!

Ditto Silverclaw and Changeling. "I can turn into a hybrid of myself and any South American animal!" "T-Rex, chica, look it up."

Power Boy #791501 10/21/13 10:06 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Risk wasn't a Leaguer, but I'd pay to see him get slapped in the face.

Power Girl and Ms. Marvel can see who has the bigger chip on her shoulder, and brag about how long it took each of them to get out from under her male counterparts' shadow.

Faith and Echo can discuss being a Latina hero who was unceremoniously swept under the rug.

Black Canary and Green Arrow can double date with Mockingbird and Hawkeye and see who has the more dysfunctional relationship.

Power Boy #791521 10/21/13 01:53 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
That's harsh on Risk. He's quite 'armless really.

Iron Man & Steel can compare notes on chaffing.
Blue Jay and Tigra can go bird spotting.

Power Boy #791583 10/21/13 10:01 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
... and Tigra will come back with blue feathers in her mouth.

Power Boy #791729 10/22/13 03:22 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Black Knight and Wonder Woman apply the Gordian Knot solution to untangling Mr Fantastic, Martian Mahnunter, Plastic Man and Elongated Man.

Power Boy #795441 11/27/13 10:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My ideal lineup will always be the one from my childhood: Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Beast, Wasp and Yellowjacket. The Avengers from like 140-ish thru 200 will always be the definitive Avengers in my mind. The stories were big without being overblown, the characterizations were spot on and not storyline dictated, and there wasn't a Wolverine or Spiderman in sight smile

Oh, and the Perez art goes without saying.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
Dev-Em #795447 11/28/13 12:35 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Dev - Em

[Linked Image]

Ticks me off that I want this cover, but the shop near me had it too expensive for my rational mind. Maybe it has gone down by now.

Well...checking back in and I got this cover for cover price. At the convention I went to in October.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

Dev-Em #795455 11/28/13 02:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wasn't Dr Druid part of this era?

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
Spellbinder #795465 11/28/13 07:43 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally Posted by Spellbinder
My ideal lineup will always be the one from my childhood: Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Beast, Wasp and Yellowjacket. The Avengers from like 140-ish thru 200 will always be the definitive Avengers in my mind. The stories were big without being overblown, the characterizations were spot on and not storyline dictated, and there wasn't a Wolverine or Spiderman in sight smile

Oh, and the Perez art goes without saying.

This is the line up I grew up with as well, and might I add Wonder Man, as he was in most of these issues.

Last edited by Lone Wolf Legionnaire; 11/28/13 08:59 PM.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
Spellbinder #795471 11/28/13 09:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Spellbinder
Wasn't Dr Druid part of this era?

I am pretty sure Druid was on the team before this exact lineup. But some of them were on the team with him.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

Power Boy #795476 11/28/13 11:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't know if this counts as a line-up but I really liked the Avengers grouping from Morgan La Fey's medieval world, the one seen in the first Busiek/Perez story arc, if only for all the redesigns and new names.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Emily Sivana
Emily Sivana
Illinois
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star