Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:35 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
All those GL rings. . .
#34909 03/23/09 07:11 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Sodam has lots of rings to give away ~ if that's the way the 3Worlds story actually goes, and it looks like it will.

I haven't found another thread asking this question so I hope I'm okay ~ who would you like to see get a ring?
And would like them to stay in the Legion or just be GLs?

1. Una's already dead and the postboot Triad can't have one of herselves die or they all die (or will that change in this reality?)

My first choice is Triad as the Cargg sector GL.

***She should be happy to find that this reality has a Cargg with lots of different people on it!
smile

2. I'd like Ronds ring to go to his wife/girlfriend until his child is old enough to inherit it.

***I can't wait to find out who they are!
If it's an Andromeda, she won't need a ring for power but she should still hold it for her child, I think.

3. Celeste.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
Re: All those GL rings. . .
#34910 03/23/09 09:12 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I wouldn't be surprised if the reboot Legion (possibly the threeboot Legion too, but not necessarily) became the new 31st-century Green Lantern Corps.

#34911 03/26/09 02:28 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
I would Not like to see the Legion become a power-ringed Green Lantern Corps - taking on some previous responsibilities of the GLC, ok.

Threeboot-wise, Night Girl didn't make the Legion as a member, but she would be a rock'em, sock'em GL!

I always thought that a GL would be cool as a Legion member, Rond Vidar being my first and foremost choice. Although the Legion frowns upon devices for member powers, a GL would be unique by their strength of will power and fearlessness. The power ring would be a bonus, much like Brainy's force field or Wildfire's containment suit.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#34912 03/26/09 06:16 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
All the Science Police officers?

It's tempting to imagine the Brainies combining the Waidboot rings (most powerful version yet) with the GL rings just to see what they'd come up with.

But, Lord, that would make the LSH pretty much unbeatable, wouldn't it?

I have a feeling we will be seeing the Legionnaires don all those rings, at least for the ending of LOTW.

Possibly some of them will keep them. I don't really relish the idea of the LSH having to deal with GLs, though-- either as constant supporting cast, or as overseers, or as 'well, why didn't they call in the GLC'.

Maybe the rings'll get burned out and have to recharge for a century or so and the LSH has the additional duty of watching over them added to their responsibilites.

So, a farther future combined LSH/GLC might be something they work towards?

#34913 03/26/09 08:06 PM
Active
Active
I think that every single living organism in the Universe will have its own ring in the future, if all goes along to Johns' plan. I'd have that mauve one, the one Ambush Bug found, probably.
Is there a ring for decompressed writing?

#34914 03/27/09 02:20 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
What is 'decompressed writing'?

I doubt that the Legion or even one of the stranded reboot/3boot Legion survivors will ALL get rings (or keep them).
For one thing, they don't ALL need a GL ring to be an effective superhero.

Just some. . .
smile
We ARE playing here, right?

Remember when the whole Legion was powered by the Emerald Eye?
Yeah, I know many people here didn't like it, but I thought the idea was FUN.

I KNEW they wouldn't STAY with the Eye, but the idea was interesting ~ and brought out some new sides of different characters, which is one of the things that writing stories is about.

ML went right to an interesting idea (he always does smile ) with the temporary combination of the GL and Legion rings.

Matthew suggested that the reboot Legion will become the foundation of the new GL Corps in the 31st century (maybe he was being 'tongue in cheek', but it was still an interesting idea.)

I, personally, have always loved the Corps.
I tend to really enjoy big group superhero organizations and the GLs have always been alien rich ~ something rare.

Why do people NOT want any other organizations in the Legion era?

Do you find the JLA, JSA, Corps and the other teams (Darkstars, .LEGION, etc.) in the DCU proper, diluting each other?

And back to the Corps in the future ~ can there be a real, long lasting Corps without OA and the Guardians?
Will DC/Johns somehow resurrect them?

I have no trouble with the Corps in the future ~ one GL per sector hardly seems like overkill to me.

And the Legion is just 25 youngsters!
For the galaxy.

With NO Superman or Wonder Woman or anybody else!
And the badguys are ALL getting more powerful and more numerous!
There's whole PLANETS and dimensions of them!

Anyway, what do you think?

If there are no other ring combinations or grants, I think Triad and the Lars should get them.
Lu, so that she could actually have a chance to survive, and the Lars (combo rings with limited GL power) to keep the lead poisoning away.

Long message ~ sorry.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#34915 03/27/09 03:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If the GL ring is powered by will (I know there are a multitude of color-attribute combos out there now), I'd choose Karate Kid to get one. He has a very disciplined mind but no real superpower. (If the ring protects against Keith Giffen, even better.) He also strikes me as a bit of a loner, and the GLs don't usually work/patrol in groups.

I don't mind there being other groups in the future, but they haven't been handled that well in the past. The Wanderers, the Heroes of Lallor - we never get enough story about them to really fill out their individual characters, yet to put more attention on them would distract from the Legion stories and it seems there are always neglected Legionnaires, in terms of development.

One approach, that did successfully develop characters, was the Levitz-era Science Police. They were a large group, but the focus was on a few individuals who interacted with the Legion, and that focus continued over enough time that the characters were flushed out but the stories didn't become SP stories. That could work with a 31st century GL Corps.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#34916 03/27/09 05:21 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Candle: I wasn't playing or speaking tongue-in-cheek; I was dead serious. I think that's exactly the kind of thing Johns might do. He's more of a Green Lantern writer than a Legion writer, after all.

#34917 03/27/09 05:26 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
(If the ring protects against Keith Giffen, even better.)
laugh

He (Karate Kid) also strikes me as a bit of a loner, and the GLs don't usually work/patrol in groups.
Sorry, can't sleep! frown
KK would be a fantastic GL, really ~ postb or 3b or both? (Given that the preboot Val dies.)

I don't mind there being other groups in the future, but they haven't been handled that well in the past. The Wanderers, the Heroes of Lallor - we never get enough story about them to really fill out their individual characters, yet to put more attention on them would distract from the Legion stories and it seems there are always neglected Legionnaires, in terms of development.
That's a good point, about no space for lots more 'extras'. I probably should have picked up on that reservation long ago.
shocked
I'm thinking more along the lines of their own book, I guess.

If DC and Johns are trying to draw the Legion more into the general family, I think they should make the commitment to extend the Legion family of books.

If they're adding a GL Corps in the future, they need to give them air time in say, Adventure or the regular Corps comic, or even their own book.

I think the Legion would do best with their own book:
the Legion of Superheroes;

a Tales of the 31st Century ~ space of Lallorians, Xanth, Wanderers, etc.;

a Vertigo/Elseworld kind of miniseries monthly or bimonthly for older level and 'other' Legions stories, like the Farmer/Davis story, crossovers, etc.

and specials, miniseries like Legends, the below mentions Science Police, Origin stories, and the 2 or 3 Legionnaire highlight series like Timber Wolf, KK and Cos.

One approach, that did successfully develop characters, was the Levitz-era Science Police. They were a large group, but the focus was on a few individuals who interacted with the Legion, and that focus continued over enough time that the characters were flushed out but the stories didn't become SP stories. That could work with a 31st century GL Corps.
That IS a good example!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#34918 03/27/09 05:30 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Matthew E:
[b]Candle: I wasn't playing or speaking tongue-in-cheek; I was dead serious. I think that's exactly the kind of thing Johns might do. He's more of a Green Lantern writer than a Legion writer, after all. [/b]
I thought you were probably serious, I just didn't know if it made you mad or not or ?
smile

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#34919 03/27/09 06:28 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Another thing to think about is the fact that not every individual can operate the GL rings without feeling some amount of pain. For example, Green Arrow found it very painful when he used one shortly after he came back from the dead.

Maybe it's a side-effect for the resurrected?

Has there ever been a GL story about a race or world whose people couldn't use a ring?

#34920 03/27/09 06:30 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
If they did make the Science Police GLs, <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> whichever Mon-el it is currently in SUPERMAN </span></span> can be the first commander. By 3009, he'll definitely have built up the seniority.

#34921 03/27/09 06:32 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Well, if their universe has been destroyed, I'd rather see them with GL rings than have Superboy-Prime tear their heads off.

Actually I'm quite taken with the idea of Brainiac 5 - any of them - with a GL ring. Goes with his complexion, for one thing.

#34922 03/27/09 09:43 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Well, if their universe has been destroyed, I'd rather see them with GL rings than have Superboy-Prime tear their heads off.
Totally agree!
shudder

Actually I'm quite taken with the idea of Brainiac 5 - any of them - with a GL ring. Goes with his complexion, for one thing.
Brainy, even 5.1, with a GL ring is a rather terrifying prospect!
eek

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#34923 03/27/09 09:46 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Interesting things to think about, ML.

I don't know about a planet that couldn't use the ring ~ usually the stories are about that ONE who can.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#34924 03/27/09 08:02 PM
G
Applicant
Applicant
G
It goes with the most recent reboot. All the non powered / low powered legion fans could get rings. The groups that always hung around HQ always seemed like they had a story to tell, and getting the rings may be it.

#34925 03/28/09 02:42 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Wow!
That would be perfect!
No more harrassment from the governments!

Glindros ~ you're a keeper!
smile

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,182
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
brigort
brigort
PEI, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star