Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:10 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:03 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Pretend it's 1979...
Fanfic Lady #839394 02/17/15 07:20 PM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
When did Cosmic Boy cheat on Night Girl? confused

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
Fanfic Lady #839396 02/17/15 07:28 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
OP Offline
I forgot you haven't read that story yet. IIRC, the issue is Sb&tLoSH #212. And just three issues later is when he hits Light Lass.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Fanfic Lady #839398 02/17/15 07:31 PM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
Ah, I see. I still need to go back and collect all those Grell era issues. Was it Shooter who made him that way?

Then again, I'm always biased in anything Cosmic Boy related. tongue

Last edited by Indian Lad; 02/17/15 07:33 PM.

Fanfic Lady #839419 02/17/15 10:28 PM
Active
Active
I just read the two issues in question about Cosmic Boy. Obviously Night Girl forgave Cos for his unfaithfulness, since they made up at the end of the issue and became quite a couple in the Levitz era. As far as him hitting Light Lass is concerned, was that a slap to pull her out of hysteria as we often see in movies or an undeserved act of aggression? I can see how readers might interpret the situation either way. Either way it was a bit out of character.

Fanfic Lady #839420 02/17/15 10:41 PM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
I agree, LW. I never saw Rokk as the kind of guy to physically assault anyone, especially women. I chalk that story up to the fact that Jim Shooter wrote it. tongue

Fanfic Lady #839482 02/18/15 03:41 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Was Post Omega as gloomy as the Five Year Gap?

UP economy in tatters - Check.
In Omega it was primarily the war v the Khunds. In 5YG it was the Magic Wars/ Weather controls and encroaching enemies.

UP not funding the Legion - Check
In Omega it was due to the crash. In 5YG it was punitive EarthGov measures making the Legion responsible for all costs incurred.

UP not wanting the Legion on Earth - Check
In Omega Wildfire mentions this, and the UP aren't bothered where the Legion go after refusing to fund them. In 5YG Earth Gov actively harassed the Legion into shutting down.

Brande Industries not funding the Legion - Check
In Omega it was because Earth/UP had embezzled Brande's money. In 5YG, Brande Ind. had been hit by the economic collapse and Cham had to steady the ship.

The Legion HQ unavailable - Check
In Omega it was blown up by Wildfire & Omega. In 5YG it had been confiscated by Earthgov and turned into luxury apartments.

Members removed from the team - Could have been
In Omega Tenzil & Querl were removed. When they faced the assassins it looked deadly for the Legion. In following issues, there was certainly potential for the team to be dismantled further. In the 5YG key members had been removed from the team prior to the end of the Baxter run. Even though they returned the Legion was slowly dismantled.

The beats in the post Omega issues reminds me of the 5YG sourcebook. Only in the latter the events led to the removal of a Legionnaire. An example would be The Resource Raiders vs Black Dawn. In one (post Omega) Dirk Morgna saves the sun. In the other (Black Dawn) Wildfire also saves the sun, but vanishes into it. Timberwolf is irradiated for good measure.

In both Cham and Mon El are removed from play early on.

The Subs save the day - Check

Following Omega, it's the subs who stop the Assassins. In the 5YG the Subs step up to become the Legion as Earthgov remove other members. In both, the Subs are shown as a formidable outfit.

With the start of the 5YG, there was hope that the Legion were getting back together. In the Post Omega issues we get to see things fall apart, at least for a while.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Fanfic Lady #841020 02/28/15 06:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
- A self-repairing Supergirl robot shows up to play nursemaid to Brainy. I really hate the idea of making the smart kid mentally unstable, but I'd play fair and not take any plot copout. Long road to recovery ahead for Querl. Maybe culminating in an issue similar to Superboy' tryout, with Brainy really fighting to regain his teammate's trust and friendship..

- Tenzil escapes Earth, having a series of wacky/serious reality warping adventures around known space as he burns off Miracle Machine energy. Eventually, he's tailed by a small squad of Legionnaires who have to cope with Tenz's unique 'visions' as they encounter several people and places from throughout the team's history, weighted towards the Adventure years, probably. A new member should be on the 'Tenzil Containment Squad' along with a couple of the most senior members. Chuck and Tinya or Dirk and Luornu.

- Saturn Girl gets a story where she exhibits the strength of character that she showed way back in the Garth and the lightning rod story. A couple of 'into the cave' moments. This will result in her being more respected than ever.

- Time for Jeckie to contract another coma-inducing disease, forcing the team to deal with wild illusions that eerily parallel what Tenzil's 'creating'. Kent Shakespeare and Infectious Lass are added as onsite medical staff in Brainy's absence. A new HQ is built, funded by Element Lad's mysterious contributions. Jan's moneymaking attracts UP interest, resurrecting long-ignored restrictions on Trommites. Mystery Lad becomes his id once again? Or is there a new hero debuting?

- Eventually, Brainy returns in time to launch the HQ into space, where a travelling HQ shifts from world to world.

Last edited by Mystery Lad; 02/28/15 06:58 PM.
Fanfic Lady #846447 04/02/15 05:39 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I love some of these ideas! I'd have the Legion call Supergirl in their desperation to get through to Brainy. She'd stay in their time for a while and eventually rehabilitate him with their relationship growing much stronger in the process.

At the same time, Tenzil's grip on reality would keep deteriorating. Weird versions of the Legion would keep appearing for no reason...vampire Legionnaires, gender-reversed, evil versions, etc...Brainy proves he's back in the saddle when he discovers Tenzil is subconsciously reaching out to alternate realities and blending them with his own. An interdimensional council of Brainiac 5s drain the remaining Miracle Machine energy and use it to stabilize the multiverse again. Brainy is welcomed back to the team, a now sane Matter-Eater Lad leaves to recuperate fully. Later down the track there will be a subplot where Tenz can "eat" reality now for various effects but he'll be gone from the team for a while first.

Other subplots to explore in the background would be the female Legionnaires making a conscious effort to improve their combat skills and power use. Ayla remains Light Lass but she's actually good at it now ;p

Oh, and I'd also get Wildfire and Dawny together a LOT sooner and have Wildfire get a containment suit that more closely mimics a human body.

Fanfic Lady #846712 04/03/15 04:00 PM
OP Offline
My thanks to all who contributed Post-Omega scenarios. Here's mine:

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=846711#Post846711

Fanfic Lady #846714 04/03/15 04:18 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally Posted by Fanfic Lady
My thanks to all who contributed Post-Omega scenarios. Here's mine:

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=846711#Post846711

I like it FanFic Lady! smile

I know Nura's precog power can be viewed as no more than a plot device, but I love these sort of Dream Girl scenes. There's something both noble and tragic about someone who keeps jumping into danger when she can literally see all the ways it will end badly.

Don't forget to take your Fun-Fun!
Fanfic Lady #846716 04/03/15 04:25 PM
OP Offline
Thank you, kind sir.

Nura has always been a favorite character of mine, and I think your assessment of her is spot-on.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,957
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP