Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added SUNSWORD 5 May*
by razsolo - 05/04/24 11:08 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
That Thread Where We Discuss the Super-Awesome Darwyn Cooke Legion Mini-Series that Should Have Existed But Sadly Never Will!
#897024 05/17/16 10:13 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Tell me about your favorite scene!

Re: That Thread Where We Discuss the Super-Awesome Darwyn Cooke Legion Mini-Series that Should Have Existed But Sadly Never Will!
Eryk Davis Ester #897027 05/17/16 10:29 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Those early panels where the three founders look out from Weisinger Plaza, past the billowing Legion flag over a future metropolis. Those panels just overflowed with the youthful optimism of the future, capturing the essence of Siegel and Hamilton but adding a classic retro-futuristic look to faces, costumes and buildings alike. Wordless, but telling you everything you needed to know about the story that was to follow.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Re: That Thread Where We Discuss the Super-Awesome Darwyn Cooke Legion Mini-Series that Should Have Existed But Sadly Never Will!
Eryk Davis Ester #897029 05/17/16 10:48 AM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Tasmia declaring she will never allow herself to be defined by the men in her life, while her beautiful long hair billows in the wind.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Eryk Davis Ester #897030 05/17/16 10:55 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
"Should Have Existed But Sadly Never Will!"

I'm still hopeful it will be found on a desk.

My favorite scene is the one where Validus had picked up a sleeping Bouncing Boy and Colossol Boy who had gotten roped into babysitting, was trying to keep him from dribbling Chuck to death. Hilariry ensued.

Eryk Davis Ester #897037 05/17/16 11:56 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
ASIDE: Today, while perusing his Wikipedia article to see what works of his I might have missed, I was surprised to see an actual Legion credit in his bibliography: the backup to Legion Worlds #2. I just had to dig it out immediately and read it. It was about the Ranzz's mom having a bittersweet talk with her sister about Garth, Ayla and Mekt. It's not a barn-burner, and his art--which kind of resembled a Scott Kolins/Geof Darrow mash-up in the story, imo--is a little more prototypical of his more recognizable style. It's still a nice little scene and felt like a small gift in the wake of the tragedy.

I'm sure many of you already knew this, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Eryk Davis Ester #897041 05/17/16 12:23 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Yeah, it's pretty much a filler story, and not exactly the greatest example of Cooke artwork, but it's still cool that it exists!

Eryk Davis Ester #897046 05/17/16 12:49 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
hmmm Ya know... Darwyn Cooke was the storyboard artist for the "Superman: The Animated Series" episode, "New Kids in Town," centered on the Legion.

A cursory google search doesn't turn up any images, but I would love to get a gander at some of those. Any animation buffs know of any resources for storyboards?

Exnihil #897058 05/17/16 04:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The Galaxy Noir Storyline

Chameleon Boy, Invisible Kid plus SP Officers Cusimano and Erin at some seedy bar looking for leads to infiltrate the slaving, drug smuggling gang... of Space.

The Space-Cult Arc

Dreamgirl and Projectra (styled after Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly respectively) answer the White Witch's request to investigate a strange space cult. The cult have located the lost helmet of Dr. Fate. The page where Mordru is revealed to be manipulating the cult as a tool to recover the artifact for himself.

The Galactic War Arc

Violet is a stylish femme fatale secret agent with a license to kill and a suitor in every port. She often butt heads with fellow agent Phantom Girl over her less than subtle methods. Political intrigue aplenty as they're sent to investigate who is funding Thanagarian super-weapons, inciting Khund warlords and the Dominators against the not-so United Planets.

The Science/Computo Arc

Saturn Girl and Brainy try to get to the bottom of recent events on ComputoWorld which is in an apparent state of chaos since Brainy left his creation to its own devices. But will their need to one up each other help or hinder their efforts. Can Mon-El get them on the same page before their squad is overrun by giant fighting machines.

Running subplot:

Supergirl & Superboy visit early on and leave Krypto and Streaky there. Hilarity ensues as a love smitten Brainy promises Kara that he'll look after the pets until they return.

Plus:
Ultraboy as a James Dean style greaser complete with leather jacket. The founders as the All-American trio. The issue where Bizarro world invaded the UP and imposed Bizarro Law throughout the galaxy. There wasn't a bad page in the entire run.

Last edited by Tamper Lad; 05/17/16 04:51 PM.
Eryk Davis Ester #897064 05/17/16 06:08 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Cham's foray into showbiz and why he quit early, even though the money was great.

CyclopeanCreature

5 to 1 odds it involved his crush on a real Cyclopean who worked for the studio, and then her parents and/or agent got mad and broke it up.

Last edited by cleome49; 05/18/16 04:05 AM.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
Tamper Lad #897152 05/18/16 09:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The Emerald Empress battles the Legion - I can see that so clearly that I'm half convinced he actually drew it. Sultry and evil-smiling.

Cooke would have done an amazing Universo, too.

A big heist would be involved, with all the Legionnaires smiling at the end!

Come to think of it, maybe Cooke could have pulled off the Legion meets Sugar & Spike with some success.

Originally Posted by Tamper Lad

Running subplot:

Supergirl & Superboy visit early on and leave Krypto and Streaky there. Hilarity ensues as a love smitten Brainy promises Kara that he'll look after the pets until they return.

I was re-reading the Solo issue that featured Cooke and he had a lot of humour in it. I bet he'd do a great pets vs Brainy story.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Eryk Davis Ester #897163 05/19/16 03:06 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
The Legion Try-out scene with the rejection of Lester Spiffany

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
Lard Lad #897327 05/21/16 07:55 AM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Originally Posted by Paladin
It's not a barn-burner....

Ma Ranzz had enough problems. She didn't need her barn to burn too!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,113
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
String
String
The Bright, Sunny South