Roll Call
0 members (), 26 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/01/24 05:05 PM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:51 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/01/24 03:50 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Set - 05/01/24 12:17 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:45 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:44 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29
Re: Brian Bendis & Ryan Sook relaunch the LSH
ajohns2012 #974760 08/02/19 02:32 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
If it's an Invisible kid that Element Lad is reacting to, then Jacques might be there, leaving just the Lyle, Condo and Andy deaths as per Preboot. It shows a team that has had past casualties, when this Superboy joins.

Although if Kid Fate turns out to be Mask Man, then there will be a higher body count shortly.

If Bendis is building to a GDS that's close to the original, then Kid Fate may meet a messy end as powers are taken away.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
ajohns2012 #974764 08/02/19 02:53 PM
C
Candidate
Candidate
C
In the cover of millennium 2, there are more members shown which could be gates, polar boy, etc. Hopefully, XS will be included. gates is clearly shown in superman 9 plus another arthropod member with maybe 10 limbs.

Catonyx #974782 08/03/19 02:13 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
New Word Balloon with Bendis.

Legion conversation begins around 43:00, but only lasts a few minutes. 1:23:00 is another part about Legion news that lasts a minute or so. There's a few other mentions here and there, but not a lot of Legion content in general.

Timber Wolf's look is based on the Darick Robertson's Wolverine designs. That is a Dr. Fate character and a Gold Lantern. 4-5 new characters were added for this new team.

The plans were to showcase some Legion news at SD Comic-Con, but he decided to go to Seth Meyers Late Show instead. frown

Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
So maybe we can just assume the ones whose identities are troubling us the most (Kid Fate, Gold Lantern, Skeleton Kid, and Catboy) are all new characters.

Originally Posted by Catonyx
New characters hey? Why not? The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe this version of the Legion doesn't care as much about the team member's power being "natural" and doesn't care if the power is based on a gimmick or accessory, etc. A hero is a hero, and bravery and commitment to a cause is more important than a technicality for enrollment into the Legion.

New team, new rules! I love it. smile

The more the merrier indeed. I am open to new characters, but I'm also a bit sad because I was hoping there was space for more "old" Legionnaires to show up.

Thoughts on some of the missing:

Poor Condo can't catch a break, but I'm still thinking he could be Skeleton Kid. Although I can see how Element Lad sort of makes him redundant (like with Mysa and Dragonmage)...

Although I like Lyle a bit better, Jacques would be nice too.

Poor Polar Boy! I really hope he makes it in this time. He can still have been a former Sub. Guy deserves a break.

And definitely holding out hop for Gates and XS, both great characters with great powers.

And Kinetix and Kid Q II of course still wink

Tyroc would be cool too, but hopefully they just leave him with more traditional sonic powers like in the Retroboot.

colonyofcells #974783 08/03/19 02:14 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by colonyofcells
In the cover of millennium 2, there are more members shown which could be gates, polar boy, etc. Hopefully, XS will be included. gates is clearly shown in superman 9 plus another arthropod member with maybe 10 limbs.

could 10-limb member be Tellus?

although could also be Cham using his shapeshifting...

ajohns2012 #974792 08/03/19 05:27 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
It could also be...

Jimmy Olsen as Hat Lad (don't rule out it being him under Nabu's helm, even if the gender appears different.)
Catspaw turns out to be a Beast Boy - more Gar Logan than the old Legion version.
Quislet possessing something and giving it lots of arms.
Chameleon Girl. Both she and Cham were members in v6/7

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
ajohns2012 #974813 08/03/19 12:57 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
10 Arms Dude is the new updated version of Arms Fall Off Boy, who has many arms now, which he can detach and throw at people!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
ajohns2012 #974815 08/03/19 01:39 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
^^I love that idea!

ajohns2012 #974816 08/03/19 02:53 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
I love that idea, too!

He's *armed and dangerous*!

Thank you, I'm here all weekend. Tip your server.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
ajohns2012 #974830 08/03/19 09:46 PM
Active
Active
I will look at the comic, but honestly everything is to different and weird for me to support. This will most certainly be the only Legion series I wont own. Best wishes to those who like it. It's just not for me. I'm too old and jaded to adjust from this part of my childhood. I would rather the Legion remain a distant memory.

I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.
Phantom Girl #974831 08/03/19 10:00 PM
E
Substitute
Substitute
E
Originally Posted by Phantom Girl
I will look at the comic, but honestly everything is to different and weird for me to support. This will most certainly be the only Legion series I wont own. Best wishes to those who like it. It's just not for me. I'm too old and jaded to adjust from this part of my childhood. I would rather the Legion remain a distant memory.

Feel pretty much the same way but i will give it a try.

ajohns2012 #974848 08/04/19 07:25 AM
J
The Poster Formerly Known As Klar Ken T5477
The Poster Formerly Known As Klar Ken T5477
J
I would encourage everyone who can to follow this new version of the Legion. Exercise your freedom while you still can.
My caregivers disapprove of my interest in comic books, and I will not be allowed to spend my hard-earned money on such frivolities.
Perhaps if it comes out as a Trade Paperback in the future, I can borrow it from the library.
(They also disapprove of my personal paracosms, imagining it to be unhealthy for me to live there so much of the time. But die gedanken sind frei).

Last edited by John_Robert_Roberts; 08/04/19 07:25 AM.

Better The Devil You Know Than The Devil You Don't -- Irish proverb
John_Robert_Roberts #974854 08/04/19 12:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by John_Robert_Roberts
I would encourage everyone who can to follow this new version of the Legion. Exercise your freedom while you still can.
My caregivers disapprove of my interest in comic books, and I will not be allowed to spend my hard-earned money on such frivolities.
Perhaps if it comes out as a Trade Paperback in the future, I can borrow it from the library.
(They also disapprove of my personal paracosms, imagining it to be unhealthy for me to live there so much of the time. But die gedanken sind frei).

PM me your address and I'll post them to you, surely they won't mind yoy receiving presents?

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
ajohns2012 #974918 08/05/19 03:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
In color! Via Alex Sinclair's Instagram/Twitter.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 08/05/19 03:14 PM.
ajohns2012 #974920 08/05/19 04:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Bryan Hitch confirmed that the Lantern is "not yellow", so I think the Golden Lantern predictions are correct.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
ajohns2012 #974927 08/05/19 10:21 PM
C
Candidate
Candidate
C
This might be higher resolution (i got it from previewsworld): imgur image of 2 covers together:

Last edited by colonyofcells; 08/05/19 11:01 PM.
ajohns2012 #974930 08/05/19 11:31 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Now that we have a clearer look at costumes, it looks more likely that the other mysterious golden girl with staff is Mysa (behind Kamandi ‘s arm),

that pinkish girl (below Booster) is Jeckie,

and purple hair girl (below Shady) could be Vi (many other Legionnaire costumes and reminiscent of past ones, and Vi wore green for a while...), but i’m still hoping for Kinetix due to all the green...!

and purple girl in white (below Chuck) has armbands that remind me of Tinya...

which would account for pretty much all of the Preboot females, as we already have Imra, Lu, Ayla, Nura, Tasmia also covered and no Supergirl in the Legion

ajohns2012 #974938 08/06/19 01:37 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I reckon you're right IB, those glowy discs around MaybeTinya's waist and the shoulder cutouts remind me of Phantom Girl's costume from the 70s/80s too...Vi and especially Jeckie look way like them too.

I say you're also probably right about MaybeMysa too, although I kinda hope she's someone else if we've got a Dr Fate as well

ajohns2012 #974943 08/06/19 04:25 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
yeah, i'm still wondering why we would have two magical beings in the Legion.

Maybe golden girl Mysa is Kinetix, then? I've been guessing Mysa because the dress looks a bit like White Witch's costume when she joined up... and the color scheme is white-ish too. and of course I'm biased and hoping for Kinetix somewhere wink

ajohns2012 #974947 08/06/19 05:37 AM
Active
Active
How are they going to explain the sudden pigment change from light to dark in the case of the Ranzz twins? Superman #11 is set to come out next month and it clearly shows Garth as "Caucasian" in appearance.

Also, there were those promo costume sketches that were released in segments to the public …. Garth, again is light skinned as is Ayla.

I think one artist draws them this way, and another artist draws them that way. Or is it the colorist that's to "blame"?? LOL

I'm cool with whatever is the final decision for the twins' skin colour, but I guess I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to The Founders and their look. I think it's important to canon that they, at least, appear instantly recognizable.

In the present
Catonyx #974949 08/06/19 09:04 AM
E
Substitute
Substitute
E
Originally Posted by Catonyx
How are they going to explain the sudden pigment change from light to dark in the case of the Ranzz twins? Superman #11 is set to come out next month and it clearly shows Garth as "Caucasian" in appearance.

Also, there were those promo costume sketches that were released in segments to the public …. Garth, again is light skinned as is Ayla.

I think one artist draws them this way, and another artist draws them that way. Or is it the colorist that's to "blame"?? LOL

I'm cool with whatever is the final decision for the twins' skin colour, but I guess I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to The Founders and their look. I think it's important to canon that they, at least, appear instantly recognizable.

Most likely will be changed on the cover once it comes out. Promo covers are changed all the time.

ajohns2012 #974956 08/06/19 10:20 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Lightning Lad’s costume looks (from memory) exactly like the one Cress Williams wears in ‘Black Lightning’. I still think that race change was a really bad decision. And obviously a rushed one considering Ayla clearly has her old Caucasian appearance there but has been colored darker to match Garth anyway.

I find Matter-Eater-Lad to be one of the more intriguing members of this new team for some reason.

ajohns2012 #974979 08/06/19 08:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Via Instagram/Twitter -

brianmbendis's profile picture
brianmbendis
Verified
Broadcasting live from @dccomics in Burbank where I was bequeathed the first ever, newly designed, awesome sauce, legion flight ring. Coming soon to an awesome retailer or convention near you! i might be in the men’s room lightly sobbing tears of joy smile #legionofsuperheroes #longlivethelegion @rsookart

[Linked Image]

Blacula #974988 08/07/19 07:00 AM
Active
Active
Originally Posted by Blacula
Lightning Lad’s costume looks (from memory) exactly like the one Cress Williams wears in ‘Black Lightning’. I still think that race change was a really bad decision. And obviously a rushed one considering Ayla clearly has her old Caucasian appearance there but has been colored darker to match Garth anyway.

I agree with you on all that Blacula. I also just don't get why the need to make the Ranzz twins a darker skin tone with this iteration of the Legion. If you wanted to make them more "authentically alien", why pick a colour that resembles a typical south Asian hue? Why not a golden hue, or a yellow one? I know, I know ….. the artist has given many of the previously Caucasian Legionnaires new skin colours (pink, light green, gold, etc) , by why change everyone??

Maybe the creators are trying to parallel what is happening in some of today's global communities with this shift in race equality? Speculation on my part.

I'm sure all will be explained in due time.

Last edited by Catonyx; 08/07/19 07:02 AM.

In the present
ajohns2012 #975008 08/07/19 03:14 PM
Active
Active
Seriously... Who buy The Legion comic books? Real people of the planet Earth . And so.... why to change the skin color of the iconic characthers previously causasian.
The classic Legion always has diversity....

Caucasian Legionnaires: Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Triplicate Girl, Phantom Girl, Sun Boy, Colossal Boy, Bouncing Boy, Invisible Kid, Matter Eater Lad, Element Lad, Ultra Boy, Mon-El, Superboy, Supergirl. Light Lass, Shriking Violet, Star Boy, Dream Girl, Projectra, Timber Wolf, Chemical King, White Witch, Polar Boy, Night Girl, Kinetix

Afroamerican Legionnaires : Ferro Lad (The original idea), Tyroc, Invisible Kid 2, Kid Quantum, XS, Gear

Asian Legionnaires : Karate Kid, Dragonmage, Catspaw, Harmonía

Native american Legionnaire ; Dawnstar

Alien Legionnaires ; Chameleon Boy, Brainiac 5, Shadow Lass, Infectious Lass, Blok, Tellus, Quislet, Comet Queen, Chameleon Girl, Gates, Monstress, Veilmist, Kono, Lamprey, Crystal Kid, Nightwind.

I don't want a purple skin Phantom Girl or a Green skin Element Lad, but I can accept an asian Cosmic Boy or afroamerican Bouncing Boy, because are like the real people.
If the creators wants more alien legionnaires put new characters in the team..but not change the beloved ones of a lifetime...

From UK with glamour.
ajohns2012 #975010 08/07/19 03:47 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
When I saw an earlier group shot, it seemed to me that there was an absence of a heavy hitter black male character. I had expected it to be Star Boy, after the threeboot, and was a little surprised to see him a metallic sort of being (Captain Atom tie ins?) Then I wondered if there would be a James Cullen Kid Quantum. There just seemed to be a diversity gap there.

Garth would fill that role, and I thought that the skin change was going form black to Caucasian, explaining that gap. I'd have probably preferred it to have been Star Boy or Kid Quantum, simply to get away from the noted electricity powerset. In this iteration, Cosmic Boy could have been black and Lightning Lad and Lass Asian, if they'd wanted.

Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,049
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
jesjos
jesjos
Chicago, Illinois