Roll Call
0 members (), 115 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 11:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:51 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:50 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/28/24 02:49 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pick your 34!
#972453 06/15/19 12:02 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
As the title says, pick your choices for the supposed 34 "lead characters" of the new Legion book! Feel free to limit the official membership to less than 34 by specifying some as featured support characters or whatever!

Re: Pick your 34!
Eryk Davis Ester #972457 06/15/19 12:29 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Shadow Lass
Saturn Girl
Lightning Lass
Lightning Lad
Cosmic Boy
Ultra Boy
Brainiac 5
Dream Girl
White Witch
Blok
Star Boy
Timber Wolf
Sun Boy
Mon-El
Princess Projectra
Karate Kid
Kinetix
Gates
XS
Thunder
Gear
Duplicate Damsel
Bouncing Boy
Calorie Queen (Sorry, Tenzil fans -- he hogged the 5YL era, now it's Taryn's turn)
Chameleon Boy
Colossal Boy
Wildfire
Dawnstar
Phantom Girl
Andromeda
Element Lad
Quislet
Tellus
Sensor Girl (Kara in the future, minus all powers except senses working overtime -- how did she get there and how did she get that way? Let's find out!)

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Eryk Davis Ester #972459 06/15/19 01:15 PM
E
Substitute
Substitute
E
Blok
Chameleon Girl
Chemical Kid
Colossal Boy
Cosmic Boy
Dawnstar
Dragonwing
Duplicate Boy
Dyogene
Ferro Lad II (Douglas Nolan)
Gates
Gear
Gravity Kid
Harmonia
Insect Queen (Lonna Leing)
Karate Kid
Lightning Lad
Mon-El
Naomi (honorary)
Phase (Enya Wazzo)
Quantum Queen
Renkil Kem (Matter-Eater Kid?)
Saturn Girl
Shrinking Violet
Sizzle
Superboy (Jon Kent, honorary)
Tellus
Thunder
Tribulus (L.E.G.I.O.N.)
Ultra Boy
White Witch
Wildfire
Xs
A descendant of Vartox of Valeron (Hyperion?)

Last edited by Elvar; 06/15/19 01:16 PM.
Eryk Davis Ester #972461 06/15/19 02:16 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I try to keep in mind diversity in turns of membership and powers while designing my list. I picked up a few obscure members from the reject lists.
~~~~

Polar Boy- Leader
Superboy (Jon)- Deputy
Cosmic Boy- Field General
Dream Girl- Steward, in charge of HQ and defenses
Brainiac 5- Lead Scientist in theory

Intelligence/Logistics
Antennae Lad- His powers actually make sense if you need to spy on the Khunds or Dominion and can't get someone on the ground. You just need to keep him out of direct combat.
Chameleon Kid
Chemical King- lead scientist in fact
Ion (Imskian)
Invisible Kid (Jacques)
Shadow Lass
Shikari

Artillery
Chlorophyll Kid-- The argument that his powers won't work in space is flimsy considering many of the other Legionnaires powers should not function in the vacuum of space.
Dragonwing
Light Lass
Star Boy (Threeboot version please, I prefer his costume and personality)

Infantry
Insect Queen- Lana
Karate Kid
Micro Lad-- I like the friendly giant trope.
Quantum Kids (2)- I kind of want them both to be alive at the same time so maybe they can pull out a Miracle Machine and give one of them slightly different powers.
Sizzle- absorbs energy and turns it into electricity
Timber Wolf

Heavy Infantry
Andromeda
Dune- He can turn his body into sand, and I like Sandman from Marvel.
Elysion- As part of a juvenile reform program
Esper Lass- As part a juvenile reform program
XS
Rainbow Girl

Honorary and/or Reserve Members- I had five extra slots so here is another list.
Gazelle- She was rejected for having too many similarities to Timber Wolf.
Fire Lad
Dream Girl
Saturn Girl- She steps down and lets Esper Lass get a chance at redemption.
Turtle- He is a "brick" character that can is very tough and very strong.

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 06/15/19 02:17 PM.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Eryk Davis Ester #972467 06/15/19 03:45 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I had thought that the 34 might also refer to Legionnaires who had been members and had left/snuffed it by the time the main series takes off.

I'm happy enough to see where Bendis takes it and I'm not Ultra-fussed if some members don't instantly appear/ never appear or whatever. Having half the cast off on other galaxies as per earlier writers is fine too. If they're all already members then there's a lot of story potential that's been lost. It also means that Superboy may well be the reader's POV (different from our PoV as undies are worn outside trousers while our POV...) character, which can be a bit dull after a while.

So if the person plucked from Superman's books is Jimmy Olsen, following a trunk of superpower granting hats dropping out of the multiverse so he can save the future, I'll be happy enough.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
thoth lad #972469 06/15/19 05:13 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Originally Posted by thoth lad
I had thought that the 34 might also refer to Legionnaires who had been members and had left/snuffed it by the time the main series takes off.
I'm happy enough to see where Bendis takes it and I'm not Ultra-fussed if some members don't instantly appear/ never appear or whatever. Having half the cast off on other galaxies as per earlier writers is fine too. If they're all already members then there's a lot of story potential that's been lost. It also means that Superboy may well be the reader's POV (different from our PoV as undies are worn outside trousers while our POV...) character, which can be a bit dull after a while.

Teeds would totally kick your noncommittal shins if this were one of her threads!

Emily Sivana #972478 06/15/19 05:34 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Emily Sivana
I try to keep in mind diversity in turns of membership and powers while designing my list. I picked up a few obscure members from the reject lists.
~~~~

I like the diversity of powers here!

Eryk Davis Ester #972480 06/15/19 06:04 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
As for me...

1. Cosmic Boy
2. Saturn Girl
3. Live Wire

Yes, it's the 3 Founders again... but they work. Id, ego, superego, nice mix of personalities. Cos is the inspirational leader, Imra the pragmatist, Garth the one who energizes the team. Powers-wise, magnetism and lightning are good and telepathy is essential!

4. Kid Quantum II - one of the most powerful Legionnaires ever, and certainly one of the better ones from the Reboot. Time manipulation also opens up a lot of avenues... without necessarily leading to time travel.
5. Kinetix - ditto! Seriously, ditto, she's quite powerful. And her "I want power to help people" attitude would fit in Bendis' premise, where the Legion is formed because of a burning need in the galaxy or something like that.
6. Brainiac 5 (with forcefield powers)! - Still one of the best Legionnaires ever, bar none, in terms of story potential AND usefulness to the team.
7. Gates - if they keep his Reboot-era dynamic with Brainy, we have some comedy gold. Teleportation is also one of the most useful powers you could have.
8. Umbra - keep the nice "tangible shadows" boost to her powers introduced in the Reboot. Adds an exotic flair, a very different type of culture, and an amazing fighter to the team.
9. Infectious Lass - one of the more unique and alien powersets - and looks. It's time for Drura to shine.
10. Polar Boy - also time for him to shine, he's been a cheerleader for such a long time. Plus, he's always been one of the most enthusiastic about the concept of the Legion.
11. Projectra (not Sensor the snake) - yes, keep her humanoid. I liked Sensor, but having Projectra on board appeases Preboot fans. Would love to see how a royal gets along with a team of... well, whatever they stand for (shades of the Threeboot)? Illusion powers are an amazing asset as well.
12. Wildfire - great power, compelling story
13. Shikari - Okay, contradicting myself slightly by picking Shikari over Dawnstar. But having her be from a nomadic species who accidentally wander into UP space - and get caught in the crossfire - makes for an interesting change and gives an outsider perspective.
14. Invisible Kid (Lyle) - sorry Jacques, but Lyle carved out a niche for himself in the SW6 and Reboot as a secondary scientist - and especially in the Reboot, a more practical one compared to Brainy. Plus, I want him and Condo in as an established couple. It's time for that.
15. Chemical King (Condo) - but he can be Chemical Kid, it will be cute for him and Lyle to both be "kid". With a better handle on his powers, and maybe give him a more established repertoire of effects (i.e. he can do more, but limits himself to 10-12 chemical reactions that he's confident he can control). Time for Condo to see his full potential.
16. Andromeda - unlike with M'Onel, we avoid the whole "I'm really from the 21st century!" thing as that spot seems to be taken by Naomi. Laurel gives a ton of power to the team, and I would like to explore the Daxamite xenophobia introduced in the Reboot.
17. Gear - I like Danielle, but Gear has more powerset potential. And he comes from a species viewed as living tools, how does that shape his perspective?
18. XS - I like the legacy angle. And her enthusiasm will help keep the mood light. Plus, super-speed is amazing!
19. Apparition - to undo the damage done to Phantom Girl in the Retroboot, let's give Tinya a chance to shine. She has a great power for both infiltration and combat. She can be a bridge between the regal Umbra and Projectra to the rest of the team; Tinya is also from the moneyed class, but is more down-to-earth partly because of Jo.
20. Chameleon - one of the most versatile powersets on the team, and he is a great combination of someone from a very alien culture but who has canny people skills. Modeled on the Reboot version, that Cham knew how to handle his teammates very well
21. Violet - shy Vi. Let her grow out of it again and become confident slowly. Always a nice character arc to explore. Another great power as well.
22. Ultra Boy - goes with Tinya, makes a nice contrast. Less powerful than Andromeda but more of a combat pragmatist and more street-smart
23. Monstress - hey, not everyone in the future is svelte and fashion model-ly. Adds a new look to the team. Can keep the saccharine sweet personality, but show it as her way of coping with the craziness in the UP. Add a new power so she's not just a big and strong type. She once mentioned she absorbs radiation and uses it for later, make her some kind of force-absorber to increase her own strength and durability. Even more radical, if she absorbs enough she can use it to boost a nearby ally.
24. Karate Kid - there will be situations where powers don't work... and dang it, I like Val
25. Dreamer - precognition is tricky to write, and so is Nura's personality sometimes. But Nura like how she was in the Preboot was a treat. Keep the Reboot-era power-up of visions while awake.
26. Dragonmage - I picked him over White Witch because he adds a touch of diversity, I like his look better, and the dragons make him a magician with a bit of a unique shtick
27. Nightwind - another character who never really got the chance she deserved. Gail Simone used her so well in that one Reboot story. Give her a chance to shine!
28. Element Lad - powerful, compelling backstory re Trom (ah, but do we do this again???) No, let's keep Trom alive but a reclusive society because of their fear of their powers. Jan's backstory can be delved into later, for now keep him as the spiritual guy on the team
29. Bouncing Boy (Rebound) - Chuck is another light-hearted character who does his best to cope with the problems in the galaxy. And hey, his super-bouncing is not that weak!
30. Triad - always fun to write, she can be the administrative core of the team but goes out on the field a lot - Espionage and as a fighter
31. Tyroc (Echo) - Retroboot version with focused sonic powers that don't do anything the writer wants them to do
32. Lume - two-hit wonder from the Reboot with light powers. Light has always been a powerset missing from the Legion, Lume adds a more alien touch, and it and Wildfire can have some nice conversations about their energy state...
33. Lamprey - but change her bioelectricity to control over water - think Mera. Water is such an abundant substance. And gives her a chance to shine after being obscure for so long
34. Particon - an interesting character who was underutilized. Adds an energy manipulator/caster to the group

Eryk Davis Ester #972483 06/15/19 06:45 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Teeds would totally kick your noncommittal shins if this were one of her threads!

Like I'm brave enough to have tried that smile

I did toy with having a list. But it would vary depending on the type of book it's likely to be. If it's a reboot or a revision and so on. So I'll wait for some more information on this one. smile

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Eryk Davis Ester #972606 06/16/19 05:28 PM
Active
Active
Here's my wish list …. (I feel like I'm in my 20's again btw. This is fun! :))

1. Lightning Lad 2. Cosmic Boy 3. Saturn Girl 4. Monel 5. Shadow Lass 6. Ultra Boy 7. Phantom Girl 8. Karate Kid 9. Princess Projectra (not Sensor Girl) 10. Brainiac 5 11. Star Boy 12. Dream Girl 13. Element Lad 14. Sun Boy 15. Chameleon Boy 16. Invisible Kid (Lyle Norg) 17. Colossal Boy 18. Shrinking Violet 19. Timber Wolf 20. Light Lass (not Lightning Lass) 21. Polar Boy 22. Night Girl 23. Bouncing Boy 24. Duplicate Damsel 25. Wildfire 26. Dawnstar 27. Blok 28. White Witch 29. Ferro Lad 30. Chemical King (not Chemical Kid) 31. Tellus 32. Quislet 33. Matter-Eater Lad and finally 34. Tyroc.

Now I know some of my picks will only work if this Bendis iteration is a 4-boot/reboot/retro-boot/blah blah-boot! LOL

Hey, they are my dream team so there! To each their own, right?

In the present
Eryk Davis Ester #972618 06/16/19 06:30 PM
Active
Active
34plicate Girl.

Eryk Davis Ester #972659 06/17/19 11:36 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Thirty-Four Immortal Women That Already Exist In The DC Universe, And Why Do We Need Another One?
(Or who are sufficiently long-lived to survive to the 32nd century)

O1 Aclima
O2 Addie Vochs
O3 Alicia Collins
O4 Tefé Holland
O5 Susan Linden
O6 Alba Garcia
O7 Arani Desai
O8 Harmonia Li
O9 Baba Yaga
1O Kristen Wells (Karsta Wor-Ul)
11 Faora Hu-Ul
12 Thara Ak-Var
Note: In at least one continuity, Superman lived into the 864th century, so it is reasonable to believe that any Kryptonian under a yellow sun could have a life span of 1200 years or so.

13 M’Gann M'Orzz
Note: In at least one continuity, the Martian Manhunter lived into the 864th century, so it is reasonable to believe that any Martian could have a life span of 1200 years or so.

14 Barbara Gourdon
15 Bog Venus
16 Cassandra Sandsmark
17 Circe
18 Morgaine le Fey
19 Madame Xanadu / Nimue
2O Lilith (First wife of Adam; Demon)
21 Claire
22 Cythonna
23 Dala
24 Mary Batson-Bromfield
25 Darla Dudley
26 Mary Seward
27 Ellie Mae Skaggs
28 Emily Briggs
29 The Bride (of Frankenstein)
3O Gloriana Tenebrae
31 Helena Kosmatos
32 Platinum (Sharon)
33 Zannah (Zealot)
34 Kenesha (Savant)

Plus innumerable others from the Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Assyrian, Aztec, and New gods’ pantheons, all the inhabitants of Kandor and Themiscrya, and all the Fables.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Eryk Davis Ester #972665 06/17/19 12:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm going to assume 34 is the number of active Legionnaires. If that's the case here is my want list -

1. Cosmic Boy
2. Lightning Lad
3. Saturn Girl
3. Triplicate Girl
4. Phantom Girl
5. Chameleon Boy
6. Colossal Boy
7. Invisible Kid
8. Supergirl
9. Brainiac 5
10. Superboy (Jon Kent)
11. Ultra Boy
12. Star Boy
13. Shrinking Violet
14. Sun Boy
15. Bouncing Boy
16. Mon-El
17. Matter-Eater Lad
18. Element Lad
19. Lightning Lass
20. Dream Girl
21. Princess Projectra
22. Nemesis Kid
23.Ferro Lad
24. Karate Kid
25. Shadow Lass
26. Chemical King
27. Timber Wolf
28. Wildfire
29. Tyroc
30. Dawnstar
31. Blok
32. White Witch
33. Tellus
34. Quislet

This would be a great starting point and then as the stories go, members would come and go and be replaced with later and/or original Legionnaires.

Klar Ken T5477 #972681 06/17/19 05:13 PM
E
Substitute
Substitute
E
Originally Posted by Klar Ken T5477
Thirty-Four Immortal Women That Already Exist In The DC Universe, And Why Do We Need Another One?
(Or who are sufficiently long-lived to survive to the 32nd century)

O1 Aclima
O2 Addie Vochs
O3 Alicia Collins
O4 Tefé Holland
O5 Susan Linden
O6 Alba Garcia
O7 Arani Desai
O8 Harmonia Li
O9 Baba Yaga
1O Kristen Wells (Karsta Wor-Ul)
11 Faora Hu-Ul
12 Thara Ak-Var
Note: In at least one continuity, Superman lived into the 864th century, so it is reasonable to believe that any Kryptonian under a yellow sun could have a life span of 1200 years or so.

13 M’Gann M'Orzz
Note: In at least one continuity, the Martian Manhunter lived into the 864th century, so it is reasonable to believe that any Martian could have a life span of 1200 years or so.

14 Barbara Gourdon
15 Bog Venus
16 Cassandra Sandsmark
17 Circe
18 Morgaine le Fey
19 Madame Xanadu / Nimue
2O Lilith (First wife of Adam; Demon)
21 Claire
22 Cythonna
23 Dala
24 Mary Batson-Bromfield
25 Darla Dudley
26 Mary Seward
27 Ellie Mae Skaggs
28 Emily Briggs
29 The Bride (of Frankenstein)
3O Gloriana Tenebrae
31 Helena Kosmatos
32 Platinum (Sharon)
33 Zannah (Zealot)
34 Kenesha (Savant)

Plus innumerable others from the Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Assyrian, Aztec, and New gods’ pantheons, all the inhabitants of Kandor and Themiscrya, and all the Fables.

Some more immortal, are virtually immortal, ladies.
Element Woman
Essence
Strata
Timber
Witchfire

Last edited by Elvar; 06/17/19 05:41 PM.
Elvar #972687 06/17/19 07:51 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Originally Posted by Elvar

Some more immortal, or virtually immortal, ladies.
Element Woman
Essence
Strata
Timber
Witchfire

A comprehensive list probably runs into the hundreds, at least.

Plus One.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 06/17/19 07:51 PM.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Eryk Davis Ester #972692 06/18/19 12:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cosmic Boy
Lightning Lad
Saturn Girl

Star Boy
Dream Girl
Projectra
Kinetix

Duo Damsel
Bouncing Boy
Phantom Girl
Ultra Boy
Shadow Lass
White Witch

Wildfire
Dawnstar
Witchfire
Chemical King
Invisible KIid (Either one but not both)
Brainiac 5

LIght Lass
Timber WOlf
Shrinking Violet

Lamprey
NIghtwind
Power Boy
Tellus
Element Lad
Chameleon Boy
Collasal Boy
Quantum Queen
Reflecto

RJ Brande

Touch the magic...
Eryk Davis Ester #972723 06/18/19 11:11 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So we know a few already and we also know that Bendis will highlight a decent diversity. With that in mind here's my list:

Saturn Girl
Lightning Lad
Cosmic Boy
Brainiac 5
Chameleon Boy
Shadow Lass
Wildfire

We know they're likely to be included from the costume art and cover,

Invisible Kid 2
Computo (Danielle)
Karate Kid
Projectra
Mon El
Ultra Boy
Phantom Girl
Kid Quantum 2
Dragonmage
Gear
Dawnstar
Dream Girl
Star Boy from tbe Threeboot
Sun Boy
Quislet
Gates
Colossal Boy
Glorith (i like the idea of there being two very different magic users on the team)
Tyroc with funky reality warping screams
XS
Gazelle
Andromeda
Shrinking Violet
Duplicate Girl
Bouncing Boy
Lightning Lass
Timber Wolf

Last edited by Harbinger; 06/18/19 12:27 PM. Reason: Forgot XS, how could i forget her? Disgraceful...

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Eryk Davis Ester #972753 06/18/19 09:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ha .... I have 35 members in my fan comic. Although the team will have 34 by the time the story is over.... wink

Last edited by DrakeB3004; 06/18/19 09:35 PM.
Eryk Davis Ester #972755 06/18/19 10:14 PM
Active
Active
My 34

1. Cosmic Boy
2. Lightning Lad
3. Saturn Girl
3. Duplicate Girl
4. Phantom Girl
5. Chameleon Boy
6. Colossal Boy
7. Invisible Kid (Lyle)
8. Supergirl
9. Brainiac 5
10. Superboy (Jon Kent)
11. Ultra Boy
12. Star Boy
13. Shrinking Violet
14. Sun Boy
15. Bouncing Boy
16. Mon-El
17. Matter-Eater Lad
18. Element Lad
19. Light Lass (with Superboy's Legion Powers)
20. Dream Girl
21. Princess Projectra
22. Spider Girl
23.Ferro Lad
24. Karate Kid
25. Shadow Lass
26. Chemical King
27. Timber Wolf
28. Wildfire
29. Tyroc
30. Dawnstar
31. Blok
32. White Witch
33. Tellus
34. Polar Boy

And later

Night Girl
Veilmist
Andromeda
Computo
Catspaw
Dragonmage
XS
Kinetix
Reflecto
Gates
Gear
Invisible Kid II (Jacques with another power)
Green Lantern (Ron Vidar)
Némesis Kid
Monstress
Insect Queen (Lonna of Xanthu)

The perfect 50 legionnaires!

From UK with glamour.
Eryk Davis Ester #972779 06/19/19 09:34 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Nice to see a lot of love from everyone for various eras of the Legion.

And even the lists that focus on the Legionnaires according to order of joining, have provision for later members to come in.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,974
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
KOKO
KOKO
Interplanetary Zoo