Roll Call
1 members (Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler), 68 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:44 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:41 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:38 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Current Favorite Legionnaires! Pick 6!
Eryk Davis Ester #995497 12/09/20 05:43 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
So, anyway, with 99 total votes, your results:

8 Votes
Saturn Girl
Monster Boy

7 Votes
Blok

6 Votes
Brainiac 5
Bouncing Boy
Computo

5 Votes
Lightning Lass
Triplicate Girl

4 Votes
Shadow Lass

3 Votes
Dawnstar
Timber Wolf
Ultra Boy
Dream Girl
White Witch
Ferro Lad
Superboy

2 Votes
Cosmic Boy
Chameleon Boy
Mon-El
Wildfire
Colossal Boy
Phantom Girl
X-Ray Girl

1 Vote
Lightning Lad
Element Lad
Matter-Eater Lad
Karate Kid
Princess Projectra
Gold Lantern
Entropy Kid
Radius Lad
Invisible Kid

0 Votes
Doctor Fate
Sun Boy
Star Boy
Shrinking Violet

Eryk Davis Ester #995513 12/10/20 05:51 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
funny how Monster Boy has captured the imagination!

not surprised to see Blok so high. he's been quite distinct and had some great scenes

poor Dr. Fate, has had a few scenes but didn't make enough of an impression

and funny that Sun Boy and Star Boy were among the first Legionnaires to get lines, way way way back when they fought Mordru... and virtually nothing has been done with them since, so they're stuck with 0 votes.

Eryk Davis Ester #995520 12/10/20 10:28 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Saturn Girl, Brainiac Five, and Bouncing Boy are all perennial favorites who are relatively unchanged in this version, so it's no surprise they're near the top. Blok I think is really benefiting by his portrayal in this version. Monster Boy is by far the most interesting of the new characters that have actually been used, imo. And people seem to be responding well to this interesting new take on Computo, a relatively obscure Legionnaire who wasn't actually used that much in her previous incarnation (though she also combines elements of the *other* Computo). Then just outside the Top Six you have Lightning Lass and Triplicate Girl, who have been given quite a bit of attention though they have changed a little more from their classic versions.

Eryk Davis Ester #995533 12/10/20 01:55 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Its refreshing to see that Monster Boy, who isn't based on a traditional favourite doing so well. I wonder if Cham loses votes to him.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Eryk Davis Ester #995539 12/10/20 04:05 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
That's possible. Some writers treated Cham almost like Plastic Man, making his morphing powers almost limitless. Monster Boy has definite boundaries.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Eryk Davis Ester #995557 12/10/20 10:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm surprised by the Monster Boy popularity but then I'm usually out-of-step when it comes to Legion favorites.

But he's easily my least-favorite member in this version, and, until something happens to give me a reason to like him, one of my least favorite ever.

His visual is OK. Non-human or funny colored human is always a plus.

But I can't get past his power. What even is a "monster"? So far it just seems to be: "popular creatures from 20th century fiction." Umm OK. If there is a less creative way to interpret that ability then I'm hard-pressed to find it. And it's so limited! There are only so many times we can see Frankenstein's "Monster" and Giger's "Alien" and the like before that joke becomes old. And then what? He turns into ugly-looking space creatures that today we would probably define as "monstrous". How is that any different to what Chameleon Boy's been doing for the last 50 years?

What are people seeing in this character that I'm missing?

Blacula #995559 12/11/20 01:39 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally Posted by Blacula
I'm surprised by the Monster Boy popularity but then I'm usually out-of-step when it comes to Legion favorites.

But he's easily my least-favorite member in this version, and, until something happens to give me a reason to like him, one of my least favorite ever.

His visual is OK. Non-human or funny colored human is always a plus.

But I can't get past his power. What even is a "monster"? So far it just seems to be: "popular creatures from 20th century fiction." Umm OK. If there is a less creative way to interpret that ability then I'm hard-pressed to find it. And it's so limited! There are only so many times we can see Frankenstein's "Monster" and Giger's "Alien" and the like before that joke becomes old. And then what? He turns into ugly-looking space creatures that today we would probably define as "monstrous". How is that any different to what Chameleon Boy's been doing for the last 50 years?

What are people seeing in this character that I'm missing?

Feel kind of the same , with Chameleon Boy on the team he needs more characterization to break out. In fairness to monster boy though he seems kinda good hearted so he may have that Beauty and the Beast , Furball , or Monstress possibility for story telling.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,991
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP