Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
WandaVision (spoilers likely!)
#999331 03/05/21 06:39 PM
L
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
L
Did anyone else watch WandaVision?

And was anyone else really let down by the final episode? I kept expecting some twist or revelation, but nope, it just...um...it ended.

I really think it needed a better conclusion.

Re: WandaVision (spoilers likely!)
lancesrealm #999334 03/05/21 09:09 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Can I be shallow and express my irritation that Wanda looks like Martha Stewart's granddaughter instead of like original Wanda?

tongue

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
lancesrealm #999336 03/05/21 10:33 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I'm way behind. I just saw the first two episodes and I love it! love

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
lancesrealm #999358 03/06/21 07:55 AM
L
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
L
Rocky, let me know what you think after you've watched the whole thing.

Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety...

lancesrealm #999374 03/06/21 11:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Slight spoilers, but "Ralph Bohner" should have turned out to be Robert Frank or at least James Sanders. Such a missed opportunity that would have had fans demanding more.

lancesrealm #999411 03/06/21 06:50 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I binged the whole series. I very much enjoyed it. Did you see the after-credits scene, Lance?

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
lancesrealm #999443 03/07/21 05:02 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I really enjoyed it. I thought the setting of the mystery of the changing TV shows was fun and inventive and had me wondering the first few episodes. The characterisation of the main characters was pretty well done. There were clues and red flags waving to what was going to happen but also a few red herrings, and wondering how they were going to work out the things that I was pretty sure were going to happen still left me intrigued.

As for the last epsisode I was fairly happy with it. It ended in the victory/tragedy that I expected but I still thought it was handled very well. The reactions of the townsfolk didn't pull punches and was appropriate. The solution to Vision's "challenge" (trying to avoid spoilers here) was elegantly done with some appropriate dialogue for the character. The solution to Wanda's challenge had me kicking myself a bit that I hadn't thought of it, yet it was the kind of solution that didn't come out of the blue and was satisfying and yet not telegraphed too obviously.

I have heard that some people were disappointed that they didn't maintain the TV sitcom setting for the last episodes but I don't see that as a problem since the in-universe reason for that was breaking down and it's a bit hard to see where they would go next in the timeline of TV sitcoms anyway.

Perhaps the only disappointment with the finale was that there was such great time spent on the main characters that the rather important secondary characters had very little air time. Monica was almost absent from episode 8 and Darcy appears for about 5 seconds in the finale (although I have to admit she made good use of those seconds).

So I am happy and would rate it as one of the best super-hero series I have seen, especially as a mini-series. Falcon and the Winter Soldier have an uphill battle ahead of them.

stile86 #1000096 03/23/21 02:07 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally Posted by stile86
As for the last epsisode I was fairly happy with it. It ended in the victory/tragedy that I expected but I still thought it was handled very well. The reactions of the townsfolk didn't pull punches and was appropriate. The solution to Vision's "challenge" (trying to avoid spoilers here) was elegantly done with some appropriate dialogue for the character. The solution to Wanda's challenge had me kicking myself a bit that I hadn't thought of it, yet it was the kind of solution that didn't come out of the blue and was satisfying and yet not telegraphed too obviously.

Agree - It was done well, although they left a bunch of unanswered questions, presumably to be addressed in some kind of forthcoming project.

At the end of the day it was a superhero show that my daughters (both older teenagers) and my wife (who never watches these things) loved and it was a great family event for us. Hell, my wife even cried at the end!

Looking forward to the other projects coming down the road!

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

lancesrealm #1000227 03/26/21 05:58 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I loved it!

I have to admit, I didn't really start getting invested in it until Monica's proper introduction but those initial episodes creatively and technically were so well done that it was enjoyable watching them just to see how well they did the sitcom homages (and I do like the explanation for why those sitcom homages even happened because I have to admit I didn't think we'd really ever get an explanation for it within the series). It was also really nice seeing a competent Jimmy Woo, and Darcy is always a treat!

I was a bit dubious about the Marvel shows on Disney+ at first, but I have to admit you get so much better character exploration in a series focused on these characters than they could ever get in a blockbuster movie as part of an ensemble cast. I got a bit teary when Vision gave his speech about grief and again when Monica said she would have done exactly the same thing if she had the chance to bring her mother back...I really feel like we got a much more mature look at grief and trauma than I was expecting from a show that used as its starting point so many comic book stories where Wanda was just treated as an hysterical woman who can't handle power.

Something else I really like and am really happy to see explored is the consequences of so many people disappearing for five years. It was kinda glossed over in the movies once everyone was actually back, so I'm glad it's such an important story element in this story and judging by the first episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier that it's going to be important there as well. It bugged me that they introduced that story element at all in Endgame when as soon as everyone actually came back again it was like they'd never gone outside of a couple subplots.

Last edited by razsolo; 03/26/21 05:59 AM.
razsolo #1000228 03/26/21 06:46 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally Posted by razsolo
I loved it!

I have to admit, I didn't really start getting invested in it until Monica's proper introduction but those initial episodes creatively and technically were so well done that it was enjoyable watching them just to see how well they did the sitcom homages (and I do like the explanation for why those sitcom homages even happened because I have to admit I didn't think we'd really ever get an explanation for it within the series). It was also really nice seeing a competent Jimmy Woo, and Darcy is always a treat!

I was a bit dubious about the Marvel shows on Disney+ at first, but I have to admit you get so much better character exploration in a series focused on these characters than they could ever get in a blockbuster movie as part of an ensemble cast. I got a bit teary when Vision gave his speech about grief and again when Monica said she would have done exactly the same thing if she had the chance to bring her mother back...I really feel like we got a much more mature look at grief and trauma than I was expecting from a show that used as its starting point so many comic book stories where Wanda was just treated as an hysterical woman who can't handle power.

Something else I really like and am really happy to see explored is the consequences of so many people disappearing for five years. It was kinda glossed over in the movies once everyone was actually back, so I'm glad it's such an important story element in this story and judging by the first episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier that it's going to be important there as well. It bugged me that they introduced that story element at all in Endgame when as soon as everyone actually came back again it was like they'd never gone outside of a couple subplots.

Yeah, I'm looking to this new format (effectively a limited series) being the new way to tell these stories, at least from a MCU and Star Wars perspective. Even ZSJL was divided into "chapters" to better segment a 4 hour watch. It gives the creators more time to expand and let the story breathe more naturally without being jammed into two hours. The opposite end of this is the WB network series (like Flash) that tend to draw out a plot line too much, a limited series lets the creators figure out what 'just enough' is supposed to be. I've not watched the Titans series on the DC app, so I don't know how DC/WB is doing in that regard.

And agree about the blip fallout. Hell, most of us have experienced a kind of blip in 2020 and its had its own emotional fallout; I can't imagine what the disappearance of half of everyone would do to with a five year stretch where everyone came back suddenly. WV had a good scene of the reappearance event itself, but the aftereffects would make for some good stories, I would think.

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Policy Pam
Policy Pam
Tartarus
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star