Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Legion of Superheroes HBO TV show
Merlion Man #1010854 12/24/21 09:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Something done in the style of Young Justice would be cool. My fear, like others, is that it would be more like Titans, with more of an emphasis on violence than on heroics.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
Merlion Man #1011226 01/09/22 03:11 PM
Active
Active
Wow, this is exciting!!!

And yeah, I agree with Gaseous Lad - as soon as I saw "adult animated series", I assumed it simply means the content "rating" is on par with the live-action Titans show, but animated.

Actually, slightly disappointing that no one thinks they would rate their own live-action show. Such a show could be epic!!!!!!

Then again, if the quality is on par with something like "Invincible", animated might even make it better. It certainly allows more expansive settings.

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
Evolution Has Failed #1011239 01/09/22 04:31 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally Posted by Evolution Has Failed
Actually, slightly disappointing that no one thinks they would rate their own live-action show. Such a show could be epic!!!!!!

Then again, if the quality is on par with something like "Invincible", animated might even make it better. It certainly allows more expansive settings.

I think with the futuristic setting, animation is the only way they could afford effects and world design and a large cast, but we'll see how many Legionnaires they pull into this effort.

I was also thinking if they could get to the level of quality of Arcane vs. Invincible it REALLY be a good show!

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Merlion Man #1011242 01/09/22 06:14 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Yeah, between the futuristic setting and the raw number of characters and powers with the Legion, there's no way we'd be getting live action any time soon. Even with the greater budget for HBO shows, it would likely just end up with the Legends of Tomorrow problem of having characters running around barely ever actually using their powers.

Eryk Davis Ester #1011243 01/09/22 07:20 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Yeah, between the futuristic setting and the raw number of characters and powers with the Legion, there's no way we'd be getting live action any time soon. Even with the greater budget for HBO shows, it would likely just end up with the Legends of Tomorrow problem of having characters running around barely ever actually using their powers.
This is my concern as well...while a lot of the powers are actually very low/non-existent on FX (Luornu, Brainy, Dreamy, Invisible Kid/s etc) you can guarantee characters like Sun Boy, Cham, Lightning Lad/Lass or Wildfire would barely do anything...watching Firestorm on the CW shows has been one of the most frustrating TV experiences of my life lol

I'm way more excited for animation than a live action show!

Last edited by razsolo; 01/09/22 07:21 PM.
Merlion Man #1011250 01/10/22 03:02 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
that point about the FX is one reason why I generally prefer animation for live-action, at least for the superhero genre.

razsolo #1011270 01/10/22 02:33 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by razsolo
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
This is my concern as well...while a lot of the powers are actually very low/non-existent on FX (Luornu, Brainy, Dreamy, Invisible Kid/s etc) you can guarantee characters like Sun Boy, Cham, Lightning Lad/Lass or Wildfire would barely do anything...watching Firestorm on the CW shows has been one of the most frustrating TV experiences of my life lol

I'm way more excited for animation than a live action show!

Yeah, after seeing the various takes on Hawk-peeps, or even the giant eagles in the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies, I suspect that Bendis' decision to change Dawnstar's wings from feathers to energy constructs might have been a minor blessing for live-action purposes... GGI can do many wonderful things, but it sucks so far at fur or feathers, even when someone like Peter Jackson, who literally has dumptrucks worth of money to throw at the problem, takes a stab at it.

And yeah, the CW's choice to use characters like Steel and Firestorm, and then attempt to save money by having them never use their powers, was crappy. Hence shows like Arrow generally being much better, since they can stick to practical effects and stuntwork.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden