Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/25/24 11:29 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/25/24 11:26 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/25/24 08:03 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/25/24 06:56 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:27 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: NYCC Spolers: Bits of Legionniare business
#43600 02/08/09 04:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Exnihil - no problem....glad to hear that you clarify up on this issue, we all appreciate that. smile

#43601 02/08/09 04:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
LOL wouldn't it be quicker just to start pm-ing everybody on the board?

#43602 02/08/09 04:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
smile

And thanks Ex, for at least voicing the opinion of the Legions of fans out there. It definitely had to be said.

#43603 02/08/09 04:19 PM
Active
Active
Thanks for the clarification, Ex. But why would be Dan Didio taken aback? He doesn't read his mail?

#43604 02/08/09 04:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Ricardo:
Thanks for the clarification, Ex. But why would be Dan Didio taken aback? He doesn't read his mail?
Not about the question itself, but that somebody actually had the balls to stand up in front of a thousand people at what was basically a pro-DC pep rally, and be a voice of dissent. I don't think he was expecting it.

#43605 02/08/09 04:29 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Thank you for your courage, Exnihil. As for the "private" info you gathered, it's clear the Didio defenders don't have a leg to stand on.

#43606 02/08/09 10:15 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Tromium:
There can be no doubt about it now, none whatever. Didio despises the Legion and its fans. I can't wait for the happy day DC Comics wakes up from its coma and shoves "him" out the door.

I don't think DiDio despises the Legion or its fans. He is a businessman first and foremost, not a comic book fan. As I pointed out to the others, in the DC Universe panel, DiDio referred to the Batman franchise, the Green Lantern franchise, etc. If it will make money, he will love it. If it doesn't make money, it is not worth his notice.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#43607 02/08/09 11:04 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Yeah, it's hard for me to say Didio hates Legion fans because I think on a couple of occasions DC has sincerely tried to get behind the title. Putting Waid and Kitson on the book was a big deal, despite me not liking much what they did with it. Bringing in Shooter was a big deal and I'm sure caused a lot of political grumblings that Didio had to quell.

Unfortunately I think Didio has also absorbed the worst aspects of how Marvel runs things and tries to emulate them. Cheap shock and big events are valued over good storytelling and respect for the past. He certainly doesn't seem to be a graceful speaker when he has to go off topic. If he'd have said, "unfortunately Shooter's run had to be ended prematurely but it was because we have plans that we think will please Legion fans even more, and we're sorry for how things went down" that would have been a little less obnoxious.

#43608 02/08/09 11:23 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by Superboy:
5. James Robinson said Mon-El's story in Action is going to be bittersweet as it will be counting down the time till he goes into exile.
Damn. Poor Mon-El. frown

Originally posted by Tekwych:
ACTION FIGURE NEWS - LSH figures will be released in Mattel's JLU line in 2009. The figures will be a set of 4 including Brainiac 5, Cos, LL, and Saturn Girl. These figures WILL NOT be in any stores or through Diamond. They will be exclusive to Mattel's MattyCollector.com.
No one yet happens to know when in 2009 to expect these? I know the current exclusives (Gotham Villains) will be available mid February. What is the typical interval between these exclusive packs? I need to mark my calender. tongue

"We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives." — Edward D. Wood, Jr.
#43609 02/09/09 01:45 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Go! Figure is Back!
Check in with Techwych, you might be able to get your question answered there.
Apparently GoFigure is full of action figure nerds with connections and research skills and they're just dying to share.

#43610 02/09/09 02:46 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Dan Didio is a big jerk for saying that: " We don't cover that. It was a pseudonym at the author's request. We cancelled the book, finished it and shoved it out the door. Thanks for asking that."

as you can see on the following link:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=19927

scroll down and you will see that. That's pretty insulting.
This was just posted by Andy Khouri at CBR:

"Actually, DiDio did not say "shove." That was a misquote on my part, and was been corrected in the article. The accurate quote is as follows (emphasis mine)

We finished and cancelled and put the book out the door.

I don't know if that change makes all that much difference to you, but there it is for accuracy's sake. This is a consequence of the live-reporting process, whereby we transcribe and publish as fast as we can every few minutes during the panel discussion. 99% of the time, the information is accurately conveyed -- if not exactly word for word -- but in this case it seems the substance of DiDio's remark may have been improperly conveyed, so for that I apologize to all.

Thanks for reading."

Paul Newell
Titan President
#43611 02/09/09 07:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
[b] Thanks for the clarification, Ex. But why would be Dan Didio taken aback? He doesn't read his mail?
Not about the question itself, but that somebody actually had the balls to stand up in front of a thousand people at what was basically a pro-DC pep rally, and be a voice of dissent. I don't think he was expecting it. [/b]
Hey Exnihil ... he definitely looked surprised when you asked the question ... the best he could do was muster up the point about getting the book out on time ... it was a great question ... well played, my friend, well played ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#43612 02/09/09 07:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I already mentioned this but, I found out from Cliff Chiang they were going to use Freedom Beast instead of Infectious Lass while planning the Dr. 13 story in Tales of the Unexpected. I don't know at what part in the planning, or if that's the whole story. I just thought I'd let you guys know.

#43613 02/09/09 07:40 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Freedom Beast and... was it Andrew Bennett or the pirate?... would have made a cute couple.

#43614 02/09/09 07:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
She had going for the Captain.

#43615 02/09/09 09:15 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Go! Figure is Back!
Apparently GoFigure is full of action figure nerds with connections and research skills and they're just dying to share.
smile Excuse me! I'm a NERD with a computer science degree. The rest of the team, and most of the board members are Geeks with an incredible love of and knowledge about Pop culture. smile While Action figures are a major part of the site you will find discussions of Movies, RPGs (some people still play these), Video Games, and
yes even Comics. All are welcome as long as you are willing to embrace Pop Culture and have fun.

The MattyCollector figures come out once a quarter. Matty is hinting that the LSH will be the second set becoming available early summer. I'll post here as soon as we get a date.

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
#43616 02/09/09 11:49 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by Tekwych:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
[b] Go! Figure is Back!
smile Excuse me! I'm a NERD with a computer science degree. The rest of the team, and most of the board members are Geeks with an incredible love of and knowledge about Pop culture. smile While Action figures are a major part of the site you will find discussions of Movies, RPGs (some people still play these), Video Games, and
yes even Comics. All are welcome as long as you are willing to embrace Pop Culture and have fun.

The MattyCollector figures come out once a quarter. Matty is hinting that the LSH will be the second set becoming available early summer. I'll post here as soon as we get a date. [/b]
Cool. smile

Thanks for the info!

"We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives." — Edward D. Wood, Jr.
#43617 02/10/09 03:12 PM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
NYC Comic Con interview with George Perez re: Lo3W.

http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/video/player.php?aid=25936

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#43618 02/10/09 08:00 PM
Active
Active
Great interview, but maybe a potential spoiler?

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Perez talks about the different costumes the Legionnaires have had at different times, not to mention the different versions. He even mentions drawing Princess Projectra in her classic costume. does this mean flashback, or is it time travel? Don't know but I'm very excited to see Perez draw the Legion in good costumes </span></span>

But yeah, we aren't seeing this thing for a long long time to come.

Long Live the Legion!
#43619 02/10/09 09:25 PM
Active
Active
whoaaa thanks for the link, chaim.

i have very little understanding of what the people look like that make my books....

#43620 02/10/09 09:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
:spepvbeohgsev,,speeuiskseuialhbwubx9385ys!:

(Sorry, lost control of myself. Hearing George Perez talking about his love for the Legion made me GEEK OUT for a moment there.)

#43621 02/10/09 09:51 PM
Active
Active
He truly loves Legion. You can feel his excitement. And it pours. it is unfortunate the story is not the best, but whatever.

#43622 02/10/09 10:07 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by stephbarton:
Great interview, but maybe a potential spoiler?

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Perez talks about the different costumes the Legionnaires have had at different times, not to mention the different versions. He even mentions drawing Princess Projectra in her classic costume. does this mean flashback, or is it time travel? Don't know but I'm very excited to see Perez draw the Legion in good costumes </span></span>

But yeah, we aren't seeing this thing for a long long time to come.
Not a spoiler. She's in her classic costume in Lo3W #3 -- the splash page where Brainy describes the first meeting of the three Legions.

There is an oddity about that sequence. The Threeboot Projectra is shown on the right side along with the Threeboot Dream Girl, but Dream Girl died when Projectra got her powers. So the changes of them being on the same mission is pretty much impossible.

#43623 02/10/09 10:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It did mention different times as well as universes. That would explain why the reboot Legion was there to save a baby XS and baby Bart.

#43624 02/10/09 10:41 PM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Not a spoiler. She's in her classic costume in Lo3W #3 -- the splash page where Brainy describes the first meeting of the three Legions.
I guess that depends on your definition of "classic" - to me, it's the Cockrum costume (red/pink/yellow, circle motif) that's the classic, not the blue swimsuit that she wore during the pre-Cockrum years.

There is an oddity about that sequence. The Threeboot Projectra is shown on the right side along with the Threeboot Dream Girl, but Dream Girl died when Projectra got her powers. So the changes of them being on the same mission is pretty much impossible.
I thought Projectra got her powers as soon as Orando was destroyed, around issue # 6 or 7, and Dream Girl didn't die until issue # 13.

The more impossible one is the post-ZH Legion lineup, which shows Kid Quantum I in action, wearing his individualized costume, fighting alongside Brainiac 5. Never mind the fact that KQI first donned that costume aboard the ship leading the Legion to the mission during which he died - Brainiac 5 had ignored his Legion draft notice until after that mission had ended. And he's depicted in that scene as his later Brainiac 5.1 appearance, not as he appeared in the pre-Gim's death days.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,943
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Renly Fox
Renly Fox
Captain's Cabin
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star