Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 11:36 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/12/24 09:09 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Legion #34 Solicitation: The Lightle/Champagne Issue - SPOILERS
#47635 03/16/04 05:45 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
POWER UPS I DON'T LIKE
Zoe terrorformed
That was a power-up? She doesn't seem any more powerful to me...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#47636 03/16/04 07:43 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Does anyone else think that the crotch piece on Wildfire's uniform has a little too much detail in it? Maybe its just my eyes.
Looks just fine to me. smile

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#47637 03/17/04 12:43 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Y'know, a while ago I was idily wondering what Legion tales I would write if I got the title. (Never gonna happen, I lack any talent whatsoever) And one idea involved the weaponers of Quard!

They were working for a new Legion of Super-VIllians and built them a Legionworld of their own in the Still Zone. And at the vital moment they swap Legionworld with 'Villianworld' in Earth orbit, and trap half the legion in the Still Zone, and begin to bombard Earth.

Oh, and Spark, XS and Makt Ranzz spend a while tracking through an extra dimentional trap/prison called The Lucifer Box in order to keep a hyper weapon out of the LoSV's hands while persued by Tyr and Cosmic King.

Fun stuff.

"And afros for EVERYONE!"

-Gail Simone
#47638 03/22/04 02:28 PM
Substitute
Substitute
First off, I want to thank everyone who took notice of my cover for Legion #34. I've done quite a few covers for Legion titles through the years, but they are definitely getting to be much fewer and farther between. It's good to see that a few people do take notice when they show up.

This issue was lots of fun to draw, especially because I've gotten a chance reinvision some characters I haven't had a shot at in awhile. Of course I've tried to absorb a few new influences since the last time I drew these guys. Legion collectors familiar with my previous issues will note that I'm not trying to revisit a previous incarnation. Cham, for example, looks very little like the familiar preboot version. As for Val/Karate Kid, although there may not be any official documentation concerning his ethnicity, I can't imagine any reason why he should be assumed to be Caucasian. Why shouldn't he be primarily Asian in today's continuity? Personally, I would like to see a darker skin tone used in his coloring ... not to mention that the gray and orange costume lacks all visual impact. I'd much rather see the orange areas colored either white or red. I'd add blue highlights in place of the gray and give him a bit of brown leather on the wrists and belt ... but that's just me thinking out loud (sort of). Others of you might have good reasons for disagreeing.

I'll try to check log in to Legion World again soon to find out what you all have to say on these subjects.

Until then, best wishes to you all.

Steve Lightle

PS: I'm trying to figure out why there is so much detail on the knee guard of Wildfire's costume. It certainly leads one to speculate ... LOL!

#47639 03/22/04 04:30 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I noticed that Cham in particular seems reminiscent of Coipel's version of the character.

#47640 04/09/04 12:54 PM
Substitute
Substitute
MLLASH - "And Lightle's artwork makes it feel like ANYTHING but a fill-in issue!"

I COULDN'T agree more. You nailed that right on the head

UltraBoy
#47641 04/18/04 02:16 PM
K
Applicant
Applicant
K
Hi guys and gals--

I've been lurking off and on for a bit, thought I'd say hi.

Very glad to hear that you seem to be looking forward to Legion #34 by Steve and myself.

You Legion fans are seemingly a hard group to please and I hope my story meets your expectations. It's a very different kind of Legion issue and I hope you'll judge it on its own merits--rather than with preconceived notions.

One thing I want to address is the character of Wildfire. First, he's my all time favorite legion character (Karate Kid is second, Blok is third).

Second, the character has accumulated a lot of continuity baggage since the reboot: Is he two people merged as one? What kind of energy is he composed of now? Blah blah blah...

Don't read this issue expecting those types of questions to be answered.

For the sake of the story (and with editorial blessing), I completely ignored all of that and treated Wildfire as if he was the same character I grew up reading. This is the REAL Wildfire that we all love.

Hopefully, he'll be treated like that from here on out and we can forget the other stuff.

This is a point I'll be addressing in some web interviews the month the book ships. I wanted to tell it to you guys straight first.

Best to all of you,
Keith

PS- I saw the finished issue for the first time a couple of weeks ago and Steve COMPLETELY topped his Umbra issue. He's Da Man!

#47642 04/18/04 02:20 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
YAY! I like the real Wildfire.

Looking forward to the issue, Keith.

#47643 04/18/04 02:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You've made a whole lotta Wildfire fans very happy with that post, Keith!

PS/ Young Heroes In Love kicked nass!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#47644 04/18/04 03:44 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
thanks for info, Keith !!!

i'm looking forward to seeing the "real" WILDFIRE in action !!!

Matthew.

#47645 04/18/04 05:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cool! Wildfire

Thanks, Keith! I'm looking forward to it. It's amazing that Wildfire was never linked to the Qward universe pre-boot.

#47646 04/19/04 12:10 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Certainly VERY good news to this Wildfire fan's ears!! The one thing I was apprehensive about when hearing of a Wildfire spotlight was that someone was going to do something to exploit the new "fused people" origin. Thanks for the info Keith! smile

#47647 04/19/04 12:53 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Thanks for your efforts and your response here, Keith.

{[...] You Legion fans are seemingly a hard group to please [...]}

Whoa! Where EVER would you get that idea? Maybe from the mass fan rejection of DnA after their mass acceptance? {rueful smile}

I believe fresh attention to the Legion concepts and crew is always welcomed. Let's face it, your being paired with Steve Lightle, who gets more acclaim after the fact than he did as a regular Legion artists, also helps. Eternal optimism also gets in its kicks.

{[...] and I hope my story meets your expectations. }

The only nearly universal expectations I see are for a character-enriching, well-told story. Do that and you have "us," even with some individuals' desires for something more than what you've written. You'll never please all of "us," and you shouldn't try.

#47648 04/19/04 01:10 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Thanks for stopping by and giving us some info Keith. Definitely an issue I'm looking forward to.

#47649 04/19/04 02:14 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Keith, thanks for stopping in and don't worry about ignoring Wildfire's backstory. I doesn't have what you would call a lot of fan support anyway. I'm certainly looking forward to the issue.

Matt

#47650 04/19/04 08:14 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Is it June yet?

lil'rhino

#47651 05/01/04 10:27 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Keith.
Great! Now if we could do this with the entire series. Yah!

UltraBoy
#47652 05/02/04 02:41 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hi Keith! How neato that you're here! Steve Lightle! How're you??

#47653 05/15/04 07:16 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Dean said:
"Steve Lightle! How're you??"

Well, Dean, ol pal (why do I suddenly feel like Jerry Lewis?), I'm doing okay. Thanks for asking.

I saw your color work over my pin-uppy Tasmia, as you know, and I really enjoyed your work. Thanks for posting it both here and on the Legion-UP group. I know that you've also seen the previews of Legion #34 that I've posted over there. Did you know that one more page was sent to Lightning Lad's Legion site? Hey, what could I do, it was his birthday. : )

I was actually going to keep that last page a secret, you know, let it be a surprise ... but when I asked Steve Wacker which pages he thought we should promote the issue with, he clearly indicated that one. Fortunately, there are other surprises still left in the issue. : )

I suppose I'll eventually be posting that page to Legion - United Planets, but I think I'll let Scott (LL) hold the "exclusive" for awhile.

You can check it out at: http://www.lightninglad.com/

Now, Dean, keep posting those drawings to the group at Legion -UP. We gotta have more Dean Lee!

Long Live the Legion!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,256
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star