Roll Call
0 members (), 55 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/13/24 07:30 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/13/24 07:23 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"The Legion will always be my friends"
#49096 07/17/07 01:29 AM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
My first Legion of Superheroes comic was the second part story in Adventure when five Legionnaires were poisoned by a common crook and saved by the Miracle Machine.

I was awed and swamped by all these colourful characters with superpowers who worked together as a team and showed true emotion with the seeming death of five of their members. I couldn't wait to find out more about all them and their powers.

I followed the Legion through their first incarnation and laid them to rest with Zero Hour. The recap scene of their major adventures was an emotional one for me.

I wanted so much to like the new versions of the Legion but hated the post-Zero Hour version because they were either too cute for words or too dreary. When Waid and Kitson rebooted the Legion, I was delirious until the poor motivation for the Legion and slow development of the storyline bored me to tears. But, hey, I can live with it, I thought.

Then came the Lightning Saga. All at once, I was enchanted again and knew what I have been missing all along. Geoff wrote such a beautiful story about the heart of the Legion that I am truly grateful to him for reminding me once again why I am a Legion fan. The scene when Dawnstar and Wildfire said goodbye to each other brought a lump in my throat and a tear to my eye.

I don't know whether the Levitz Legion will still be around after Countdown. But I do know that this is the Legion I will always remember and love. Thanks Geoff, if you are reading. Thank you for bringing back, no matter how briefly, the Legion of Superheroes!

Long Live The Legion!
Re: "The Legion will always be my friends"
#49097 07/17/07 01:57 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
***WARNING: What will soon follow below is a post from one Eryk Davis Ester explaining how said Lightning Saga Legion is not the Levitz Legion (or just a pale reflection) at all and gently chiding you in a roundabout manner for feeling that way!***

laugh

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Re: "The Legion will always be my friends"
#49098 07/17/07 02:00 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
(Seriously, though, that was a beautiful, heartfelt post, Merlion Man. I'm sure you'll find that many of us echo your sentiments.)

Still "Lardy" to my friends!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,265
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Lightning Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
mogli
mogli
San Diego, CA. USA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star