Roll Call
1 members (Nightcrawler), 2 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/24/24 06:44 AM
What Turns you Off!!!!
by thoth lad - 05/24/24 06:20 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/24/24 03:14 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/24/24 03:13 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/24/24 03:11 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/24/24 03:05 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/24/24 03:04 AM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by stile86 - 05/23/24 08:03 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #25 (SPOILERS)
#56215 12/28/06 02:52 PM
M
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
M
Everybody (including me) who's been agitating for more stuff to happen can shut up now. This issue covers a lot of ground.

I'm going to let everyone else do most of the spoiling and summarizing, but I will supply this much:

- Kitson art all the way through
- they aren't the LSV; they're the Wanderers (although there's no indication how Tarik the Mute comes into this) and this issue has, instead of a Legion roll-call page, a Wanderers roll-call page. Which is entirely welcome
- nobody uses the words 'Chlorophyll Kid', but 'Plant Lad' is Ral Benem of Mardru
- more new familiar faces!

Re: Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #25 (SPOILERS)
#56216 12/28/06 03:41 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Matthew E:
- more new familiar faces!
But one unacceptable hair coloration!

#56217 12/28/06 04:06 PM
M
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
M
I'm okay with it. I spent a bit more time thinking about the continuity discrepancy with issue #1.

#56218 12/28/06 05:13 PM
Leader
Leader
BEANS! I want 'em! Spill 'em! I can't get to my CBS till tomorrow probably. What's this talk about action, new characters, and hairdo happenings?!?

#56219 12/28/06 05:14 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
Another group of super-powered kids with political differences? This sounds a whole lot like the guys Sun Boy ran off to join. Honestly, I keep telling myself I should drop this series, but 30 years of habit is hard to break...

#56220 12/28/06 06:05 PM
Leader
Leader
Amen, Lance. I can't tell one super powered gang from another in this series.

37 years for me.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#56221 12/28/06 06:15 PM
Active
Active
One of...if not THE...best issues so far in this series.

Thanks for the Wanderers' Roll Call...very helpful...glad they're not outright villains. Not sure that Ultra Boy and Karate Kid make sense as "follower" legionnaires. Trip Girl seems much more likely as she has been depicted as Cos' toady thus far.

Enjoyed the dialogue and art and re-appearance of

SPOILER ALERT

White Witch!!!!

But...FOR GOD'S SAKE...STOP COLOURING TINYA ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#56222 12/28/06 07:10 PM
MYG Offline
Active
Active
Hey Legionnaires!!!
I don't have the chance to post much, but this creative team keeps blowing me away with their reintro's of some classic characters,and I just had to comment. First there were the reintroductions of Grev Mallor and Ral Benem a couple of issues ago...then this issue I turn the page, and the "classic look" White Witch from the 80's!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I don't know why, but this current run feels so much like the title did when it was at the top of it's game. There is so much going on simultaneously, and so much characterization, which made the Legion of the 80's so great. We get a brief appearance of Grev Mallor...wondering what his deal is and when we'll see him again. Then we see the White Witch (Mysa?) like we haven't seen her in years!!! This is great stuff!, and the art is fantastic!!! THIS is why I have never given up on the LSH (despite the chronic reboots) since I started collecting almost 27 years ago back in 1980!!!
Normally, I would be annoyed that another group of characters (the Wanderers) were "rebooted" instead of giving them a different name/origin, but I love the new concept...even with the old name. Even though initially the Wanderers don't appear to be a revamped LSV, people who remember the classic "baxter tiltle" battle between the LSH & LSV will see a subtle (visual) reference to that classic tale. This is great stuff, and I'm loving it!!!

Long Live the Legion!!!
#56223 12/28/06 07:28 PM
Active
Active
oh yeah. lots of good stuff this issue. I will focus on the littel moments.

page 3: Triplicate Girl's better halves did not look pleased with her getting so chumy with Element Lad. this can't be good for the future.

page 3: with all the time Jo Na spends sparing with Gim, I don't ever expect a giant to get the drop on him.

page 13: supergirl keeps hitting the barrier. she just seemed so earnest in that top panel. smile

page 14: that entire was awesome. I love the way Mon-El's fist just comes right out the page

page 20: loved that team work. it was like a well designed hockey drive. Shadow Lass passes to Invisible Boy! Cos and Atom Girl provide a screen. Gooooooal!

lastly Mr. Kitson you drew the heck out of this issue. one minor detail, Polar Boy is still greenish looking.

#56224 12/28/06 08:02 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Just a thought... on the roll call page doens't it look like a bite is missing out of that badge... hmmm could this mean Matter-Eater Lad is with the Wanderers.

That aside, I can't wait for this arc to end, for two reasons: (1) can't wait to see where it all leads, and (2) I have to hope that individual Legionaires will get more face time. We still don't know a whole lot about Dream Boy (though he is shaping up somewhat), and just generally with all the new faces we'll just need some time to absorb it all... I say no more big story arcs for a little while, just enough to let us catch our breath and get to know our dear Legion a little better.

Currently getting caught up on my Legion history by reading the Post-Zero Hour Legion.
#56225 12/28/06 08:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Mekt as an embittered and grizzled old war veteran is interesting. I don't think there's a chance that Ayla will join him.

So back in one of the early issues it looked like there was a 'White Witch' in the crowd outside the HQ. Has she been outside the HQ all this time looking for recruits or was she recruited by Mr. Hood? We know that the hooded man recruited 'Indigestion Kid' from the crowd.

From Mekt's monologue we know that he thinks that the Legion is the equivalent of white Ivy-league kids protesting the Vietnam war back in the 60s. For his battle hardened team he's likely selected people that have experienced the flaws of 31st century life that the Legion knows as abstracted theory.

#56226 12/28/06 08:47 PM
Active
Active
Is this the first time in the series that the cover art is almost exactly like a panel from the story?

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#56227 12/28/06 10:30 PM
Substitute
Substitute
You know I started to read this issue and something odd happened....I really liked it. Characters were actully being identified, the plot was moving along at a great pace, old characters were being rebooted, the story was actully good. At first I was confused and had to look to see who had written this issue. When I saw it was Waid I had to wonder where the hell has this guy been for the last 2 years? I was so used to the minddruggingly boring pace that Waid had set with this book so far that to see things actully happening fast and furious totaly threw me off.

Issue 25 was going to be my last issue since I just wanted to see Mon-El come back and then I was done, but damn it if I don't have to stick around a little longer again. This is the second time Waid has brought me back with a great issue. The last time was the first Supergirl issue. All I can hope is that he can finally keep things going this time and not fall back into his sssllllooooowwww boring ass pace he did after the first few issues of Supergirl/Legion.

#56228 12/29/06 07:54 AM
Active
Active
Hi Guys
Glad to read you enjoyed the issue - the pace won't be letting up for a few months yet! smile

We will get to know more about the Wanderers and Sun Boy's team as individuals over the next few issues too - and hopefully it will all pay off as we hoped from the beginning!

I'll keep trying on the coloring point! wink

Thanks as always for the kind words about the artwork!

Hope everyone's having a great holiday season! smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#56229 12/29/06 10:43 AM
Active
Active
some other questions, observations etc:

what does the badge on the roll call page? and where I can learn to read inerlac(sp?)

on page 18: when Brainy is making the antitoxin, it looks like the Kryptonite is losing it's color. has the radition been drained away, or was that a coloring lapse?

speaking of Briany, I didn't notice his butt computer the entire issue. and he just happens to know how to make a lead antitoxin. wow, he's going to invite time travel next year, I can feel it.

lastly, Superman is rather forgetful. this will probably be covered in the upcoming annual. but he puts Mon-El in the zone and somehow loses track of him. there wasn't even a note attached to the phantom zone projector! why didn't superman make an attempt to get Mon-el to his home world? again it may be covered in the upcoming annual.

#56230 12/29/06 12:14 PM
Deputy
Deputy
The revelation about Daxam -- I guess it means Mon-El and Element Lad won't ever be best buddies, huh?

As excited as I was about Mon-El's return, the new Wanderers just blew my socks off. Mekt as a black ops "intergalactic knight" and Dominator-hunter is about as awesome a concept as I can imagine! I always knew he had it in him to be a hero. Still, with a convicted murderess on his team, I suspect Mekt won't let conventional ideas of morality get in his way, and anyone who fails to give him the absolute obedience and loyalty he demands is begging to be burnt toast. (Watch out, Ultra Boy.) I think Ayla just might throw in her lot with her older brother (vs. her "jackass" twin), for a while at least.

I had a feeling Mysa would show up sooner or later but her team affiliation came as a complete surprise. I like that her spells have wonky side effects, too. We're even treated to a visit from our dearly departed Dream Girl, with dire predictions of doom for Metropolis. I'm quite pleased how the Brainy/Nura symbiosis is shaping up (especially if it foreshadows the exit of the "astoundingly useless" Dream Boy.)

This issue had *everything* plus the kitchen sink. Great art, great story, exciting new/old characters and a massive "legion" of super-heroes taking form against the Dominator threat. I can't rave enough about it.

#56231 12/29/06 12:54 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Tromium:
(especially if it foreshadows the exit of the "astoundingly useless" Dream Boy.)
Hey, he's not useless he got the kryptonite for Brainy, lol...

Currently getting caught up on my Legion history by reading the Post-Zero Hour Legion.
#56232 12/29/06 01:30 PM
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by wamu2:

lastly, Superman is rather forgetful. this will probably be covered in the upcoming annual. but he puts Mon-El in the zone and somehow loses track of him. there wasn't even a note attached to the phantom zone projector! why didn't superman make an attempt to get Mon-el to his home world? again it may be covered in the upcoming annual.
It is possible that this Phantom Zone Projector is not the one Superman used to put Mon-el into the Phantom Zone.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#56233 12/29/06 02:15 PM
Active
Active
Hey Quislet. you are right, it could be a different projector. by my worry is why superman never managed to get mon-el back to daxam. he could have a Latern help him with that. or did someone or something take the projector away from him.

#56234 12/29/06 02:53 PM
Hey Quislet. you are right, it could be a different projector. by my worry is why superman never managed to get mon-el back to daxam. he could have a Latern help him with that. or did someone or something take the projector away from him.
well the explanation has always been that Superman never came up with the anti-lead poisoning serum that would have allowed Mon-el to live outside of the Phantom Zone. And from this issue, it seems like Daxam never came up with a serum either. (which means there isn't a planet full of potential supermen & superwomen (and dogs, cats, horses, & monkeys for that matter) for someone like Darkseid to exploit)

And of course, if Superman had succeeded, then we wouldn't have Mon-el in the Legion. wink

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#56235 12/29/06 05:37 PM
Substitute
Substitute
They could still be using the last version of how Lar Gand ended up in the Phantom Zone. In that case it was Superboy and not Superman who put him into the Zone. Thye never said it was Superman just someone who wore the S.

It is hard to say how much of history was changed with Infinte Crisis in regard to Mon-El's modern day history as Valor and as a member of L.E.G.I.O.N. I hope they don't totaly disregard it. That was one of the things I really liked about the 1st reboot was Lar having those ties to the past.

#56236 12/29/06 08:04 PM
Wanderer
Online Confused
Wanderer
what does the badge on the roll call page? and where I can learn to read inerlac(sp?)
Interlac - English Conversion Chart - Thanks Chameleon Boy

#56237 12/29/06 08:58 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[b]what does the badge on the roll call page? and where I can learn to read inerlac(sp?)
Interlac - English Conversion Chart - Thanks Chameleon Boy[/b]
thanks.

#56238 12/29/06 09:55 PM
Active
Active
After the preview, i couldn't wait to read this issue.
I absolutely loved it! From beginning to end.

Great art by Barry! I like the construction of the pages, the storytelling.

And a great story! Thanks Mark!

We got to see everybody in the Legion. Dream Girl! Yeah!
If you add to that the new characters, the surprises, the plot with Mon-El, the teamwork within the Legionnaires, ....There is so many things!

It's great to see Atom Girl/Shrinking Violet finally well integrated within the team and acting with them!
Her guns are intriguing though. She seems to be able to do differents things with them. Last time, she has done a lot of damage with them on the leader of Terror Firma. There, she is firing plasma bursts on the red-sun wavelength!
Maybe Brainiac 5 has something to do with that.

This is great being a Legion fan right now! I'm so excited i can't wait for next issue, and Barry is telling us it will be like this during the months to come? I say YES!

You got me interested Wamu2. Even with the chart provided by nightcrawler, i have difficulties doing the translation of what is on the badge.
Did someone succed in reading it?

#56239 12/30/06 12:56 AM
Candidate
Candidate
Polar Boy is still greenish looking.
And for some reason Plant Lad is now blue. confused

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,024
Posts1,045,673
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SiliconDream
SiliconDream
Columbus, Ohio
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star