Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 35 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 07:13 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/08/24 06:48 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: ON SALE NOW: LSH # 12 BIG-TIME SPOILERAMA!!!!
#57120 12/02/05 11:47 AM
Active
Active
Why the Violet's big teets, when she's broken through Elysion are inking so deep black?
It's maybe censored o something?
I don't want back to the past when Projectra and Shady's oufits was censored too.

From UK with glamour.
#57121 12/02/05 12:54 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
Why the Violet's big teets, when she's broken through Elysion are inking so deep black?
It's maybe censored o something?
I don't want back to the past when Projectra and Shady's oufits was censored too.
If it meant Power Girl's teets were drawn normal sized, I'd be all for it.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#57122 12/02/05 02:58 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I got it!

Quite the debut for Violet (I refuse to use "Atom Girl" just as I refused to use "LeVIathan". She's Violet to me, now and forever.). Well worth the wait. 4 panels, and I loved her. Which is a nice change considering all the years I spent postboot actively DISliking her.

Jecks has powers now... 'bout time! She's so cool here, cool like she was in the first couple of pages of her re-imagined debut a few months back.

Dream Girl's still dead. This joke isn't funny anymore. Hurry up and bring her back. I gave 'til the end of this storyline (next issue) before I was to drop the title in protest. So hurry up, because I don't want to miss the IC-tie-in stuff coming up!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#57123 12/02/05 04:29 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:

The backup story is drawing by one Mr. Lashley...could our MLLASH be moonlighting unbeknownst to us!?!
Come now. You've seen my once-in-a-blue-moon "artwork" over in BITS. smile

I remember Ken Lashley from the late 90s.

I'm wanting to think he drew some Marvel stuff (the DOC SAMPSON mini, maybe...?) and I seem to recall a JLA story... (maybe from LEGENDS OF THE DCU...?) but no regular gigs that I ever read or recall reading.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#57124 12/02/05 07:49 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I figured out what was bugging me about Jeckie in the rescue scene -- she's acting like Levitz-era Dream Girl! That might have been alright if our curent Nura wasn't in such dire straights, but I don't like the idea of Jeckie taking on Nura's roll. I also don't like the idea of Brin playing "Thom" to Jeckie's "Nura". Thom always seemed like a wimp to me in that relationship.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#57125 12/02/05 08:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
wouldnt atom girl need a sort of forrce filed while growing or have to be able to alter her density (or something)

otherwise wouldnt she end up substantially splattered if she tried to explode out of something of the same material strength as her own body.

still loved this issue!

#57126 12/02/05 08:35 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I guess I'm with Kid Quislet on the gruesome Atom Girl panel. Not nice at all. Not especially heroic, and frankly the book already has Shadow Lass to cover that kind of business. I picked up 11 & 12 after not reading the last few and I can't even tell that I've missed much. I'll be glad when this arc is done honestly. I can't really gauge how this series is shaping up, since the dry mechanics of this plot have blotted out the mostly promising character interactions of the first few issues. As always I enjoy Barry's art (the panel with all Lemnos' followers lining up at the transmatters was striking), although the drab colors in many scenes are sucking the life out of it. That's not a knock against the work of Snocone because it seems the bland coloring is specific to the planet where Cosmic Boy's team is (sorry don't have my copy in front of me.)

I'm still not really sold on this Legion, but I guess I'm still soldiering on for a while.

#57127 12/02/05 08:37 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I thought I read someplace that her density did change when she shrank. That was probably refering to the Pre-boot Vi, if it was ever written at all.

#57128 12/03/05 07:39 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Ok I've read it. Love the cover. Sad we didn't get to meet the girl on the cover. Is that the speedster from WAY back when? Can THAT be Supergirl? wink

Liked the big roll call. Karate Kid and company being stranded against thousands of enemies was really heroic. Watching Ultra Boy, Karate Kid, and Brin Londo all go to town was awesome. I started reading the Legion right before KK died. So I never really got to read him. but I became a big fan the ZH KK. Ultra Boy and Brin always have been favorites. Watching these three guys BATTLE was awesome. Also I forgive Jo's stupidity in the past. It seems KK is going to mentor Jo much like he did with Brin...way back when. And Brin this time around doesn't appear he needs it. Wise choices. Jo has always been popular...we don't need Brin as the dumb immatture one. Something else else Waid let us know in his first appearance is Brin isn't dumb. Also KK telling Jo to cut loose was nice.

Fifth Dimension. I like Skelter lots. Barry, THANKS for not making Cham look so darn cute this issue!!! He looks more like a Cham I(we) can love again. Cool trick by LL and Cham.

Brainy talking to the rock was funny. Ofcourse I knew it was Vi. Using a Robin slingshot? Cool. I always liked the Legion Trophy room. I make fun of all the Silver Age stuff but I will take a corny trophy room any day of the week over those old comics. wink So I liked the David and Goliath moment. Again I'm a fan of the antagonist. I love Elysion. (as well as Terror Firma, the SPs, and Skelter!) VI. Great intro. She isn't some throwback "shy" girl. She's the the fave I remember from v3 and v4! I didn't care for the ZH version at all. Everything about Vi rocked. I share what everyone else said about her thus far (the good that is).

You know I don't care for the sappy teenager stuff. The Legion Channel One? gag. BUT I actually did like the teenagers this issue! I hope atleast a handful get extended membership. This was the "Bouncing Boy" moment. Kids who have lame powers...who don't appear to make a difference...do. I like it. And is that my girl Drura on the last page??? I can only hope. (and if it is I hope she outgrows those awkward teen years...you know braces, glasses, and gets HOT again...quick. lol)

This is the issue I was waiting for. The next few issues certainly looks like the rock is rolling! And yes like many I feel like this could've been issue #7 not 12. smile Oh, and the back up was all right. I liked the art...I even liked a bit of what they said...but overall the teenage thing is not something I think is as central to the Legion as the current creators do. smile Still it was well done. Best issue IMO so far.

#57129 12/03/05 07:49 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
More thoughts.

I liked Projectra's powers. Also I see since her parents (planet!) have died she isn't Paris Hilton any more but more like the confident Jeckie I always liked. I liked when she fooled the sensors in the jail. smile A "sensor girl" moment of sorts.

The art? Great. The inking was slightly incosistent. By that I mean Barry has a fine line...and the inks seems a bit heavy at times. Trust me I like heavy inks...Tom Palmer is a fave! wink In some panels the heavy inks looked amazing...the use of black. Great job. But I do think some of Barry's details were a bit lost. For an action issue with SO much it was great though from the art team overall!

I really liked Kevn Lashley's backup art. I remember something somewhat recently by him I liked as well but can't remember what. Also the Vashianans(sp) were actually pretty darn cool. When does one become a member! I don't mind a 200 year old teenager! heh. I'm also of the mind of the more members (with flight rings!) the better personally! Especially with a back up story. As long as the backup is self contained to one issue each time.

#57130 12/03/05 01:27 PM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
Because of the snow over the last week, I wasn't able to get the issue until last night. I read the spoiler thread in advance so I had an idea of what to expect and everyone's covered most everything already, but I did want to add a few thoughts anyway.

1) Even though I'd read the spoilers, the first thing that popped into my head when I read the caption about Brainy needing to look a few feet to the left was "Miracle Machine!" Oh, well...

2) Following up on the comments about Jeckie's personality, one thing I've liked about this run right from the start (specifically Jo's comment to Lyle "Great, so my dog could find you?") is that no one's stupid. There are definitely some eccentric personalities, but none of the Legionnaires we've encountered so far, big or little l, are written as idiots.

3) "Brainy's microverse." While I've complained about pacing in the past, and I still think it took a few too many issues to get to this point, I like the inclusion of information that doesn't directly relate to the story at hand. Throw the fans some background stuff and leave it alone. Gives us something to fill the time between issues.

4) I liked this issue quite a bit. It felt like everything was in motion, rushing toward the story's climax. I can't wait for the next issue.

5) Okay, bring Dreamy back now. smile

#57131 12/03/05 04:02 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by disaster boy:
wouldnt atom girl need a sort of forrce filed while growing or have to be able to alter her density (or something)

otherwise wouldnt she end up substantially splattered if she tried to explode out of something of the same material strength as her own body.
If only she'd known she could do this back when she was trapped in the Hunter's flypaper! smile

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#57132 12/03/05 04:30 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I am guessing that speed equals power. The speed of her growth would make her bust out of bone, muscle, flesh.

#57133 12/03/05 08:50 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
A few more thoughts...

This is not my favourite colour scheme for Vi, but I don't detest it the way some seem to. I kind of like the idea of combining her pre- and post-boot costumes. I hope that they combine some of her personality traits too.

It's interesting that her costume is almost the reverse of B5's. Does this have something to do with their conection? Were they both part of some orginization pre-Legion? Are they foster siblings? Do they just have the same tailor?

I take back my comments about Brin acting like Star Boy. On reflection I realize that Brin's just acting like Brin. He's always been a fool for the women in his life (Ayla, Tinya); why should this time be any different? And anyway, a character without flaws is a pretty boring character.

#57134 12/03/05 10:25 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Vi's vocabulary suggests that Imskians might be the galaxy's nanosurgeons. It would explain what she uses the guns for. With her bedside manner, no wonder she's with Brainy.
SHE BLEW OUT HIS LUNG!!!! His lung!!!!! You don't come back from an injury like that.

Well, maybe you do in the 31st century but there doesn't appear to be a doctor nearby. I'd say that given Atom girl's dialog, Imskians sound a bit warrior-like. Also, remember that Coluans have a long, long history with shrinking technology (back to original Brainiac), so there is probably some definite background between our Brainiac V and Atom girl.

Barry Kitson:
Another great issue, lots of action for the people who were complaining about the pace. But please bring back Dream Girl, already. She's only comic book dead and not really dead, right?

Also, are you or Mark Waid coming to Wondercon in San Francisco?? This will be 2 years without Legion representation. Gail Simone does NOT cut it, sorry.

#57135 12/04/05 03:44 AM
Active
Active
If I were asked to Wondercon I'd love to be there! smile Most likely it'll be Mark though as he lives considerably closer!

Much more to come on the B5-Vi background!
tease

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#57136 12/04/05 09:56 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Starbucks Kid:

I'd say that given Atom girl's dialog, Imskians sound a bit warrior-like.
Considering the Imskian Senator was the one calling for the instating a draft, it wouldn't be a surprise.

#57137 12/04/05 10:15 AM
Deputy
Deputy
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
<strong> If I were asked to Wondercon I'd love to be there! smile Most likely it'll be Mark though as he lives considerably closer!

Much more to come on the B5-Vi background!
lol

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#57138 12/04/05 12:20 PM
Substitute
Substitute
" tease "

He loves to use it because he CAN!

tease

LLLATER!

UltraBoy
#57139 12/04/05 12:20 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Projectra's speech to Cos seemed uncharacteristic as did Cham's "don't judge me" speech last issue.
I didn't mind it much. Almost from the start it's been apparent that she understands more about the team (and what they thought of her) than Cos realized. I don't really see why she needed to be the one to say it--interchangeable dialogue is the one flaw in the writing so far for me--but I can see her saying it.

SHE BLEW OUT HIS LUNG!!!! His lung!!!!! You don't come back from an injury like that.

Well, maybe you do in the 31st century but there doesn't appear to be a doctor nearby.
I don't think she actually ruptured his lung; he was able to scream loud and long about his arm afterwards. Methinks he inhaled her and then she moved away from his vital organs a bit before expanding. Wouldn't want to be, y'know, unkind. laugh

#57140 12/04/05 12:28 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Yeah, that was my interpretation, too... she moved into his shoulder area before she enlarged. nod

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#57141 12/04/05 02:34 PM
Substitute
Substitute
he was able to scream loud and long about his arm afterwards.
He still had one lung left. That's enough for a moan of pain or two. Besides, there was only a few moments from impact to the destruction of innards. That seems like it's only enough time to get through the nasal cavity (gross, boogers) and into the respiratory system.

I say lung, it sounds more viscious!

Now Barry,

Who do I have to talk to so that you get "asked" to Wondercon? Is it Wacker or the Wondercon people? If it's the Wondercon people, I have a connection or two.

#57142 12/04/05 02:50 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No, she came out of his shoulder. Looks pretty obvious to me. It only takes 20 seconds for a blood cell to make a full trip through an adult body. Plenty of time for her to have entered through his lungs and move out to the muscles of his arm. And I highly doubt he'd be screaming about his arm had she burst from a lung.

#57143 12/04/05 03:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
he was able to scream loud and long about his arm afterwards.
He still had one lung left. That's enough for a moan of pain or two. Besides, there was only a few moments from impact to the destruction of innards. That seems like it's only enough time to get through the nasal cavity (gross, boogers) and into the respiratory system.

I say lung, it sounds more viscious!

It would be physically impossible for Elyson to speak or breathe if she had pierced his lung and then his thoracic (chest) cavity. A hole like that in your chest and your lungs would collapse as you lost the ability to create the pressure gradient needed to breathe (or push air out through the vocal cords).

Not to mention that kind of blood loss in pulmonary circulation would be fatal in seconds. So obviously nurse Vi gave him a flesh wound piercing only the muscle and surface layers of his shoulder area.

#57144 12/04/05 05:18 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
...obviously nurse Vi gave him a flesh wound... [/QB]
Now it sound like the Legion's taking a page from Monty Python...

Elysion: "Tis but a scratch!"
Violet: "A scratch? Your arm's off."
Elysion: "No it isn't!"
Violet: "Well, what's that then?"
Elysion: "I've 'ad worse!"
Violet: "You lie!"
Elysion: "C'mon you pansy!"

...more fighting ensues, and Vi explodes out of his other arm...

Violet: "Victory is mine!"'
Elysion: "C'mon then!"
Violet: "What?"
Elysion: "Have at you!"
Violet: You are indeed brave, Elysion, but the fight is mine!"
Elysion: "Oh, had enough, eh?
Violet: "Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left!"
Violet: "Yes I have!"
Brainy: "Look!!!"
Elysion: "That's only a flesh wound!"

lol lol lol

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,202
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star