Roll Call
0 members (), 37 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:33 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Supergirl and the Legion #30- Spoilers!
#67428 06/01/07 11:32 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
[b]One or two boots back there was a young dominator girl who wanted to join the Legion
Never thought I would say this but I remember the hot Dominator girl from that annual that set up Valor the seeder of worlds. wink Why do the hot Dominator lasses have to be banished to the PZ. [/b]
I agree. A little overbite is cute.

#67429 06/01/07 12:49 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
[b]I don’t like this legion of super-heroes. At this point, I would cheer any villain who just wanted to give them a smackdown.
Maybe that's why I was a fan of the antagonists during this series. I admit I've always been a big Science Police fan. But I also liked Terror Firma and Wanderers. smile [/b]
Terror Firma and the Wanderers didn't do it for me. Perhaps because, when they were introduced, I still had hope for appreciating this incarnation of the legion. Perhaps also because their motivations were so tied into some anti-U.P. blather that I didn't care to listen to. Someone old-school, like Grimbor, would get my whole-hearted support.

#67430 06/01/07 12:53 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yeah I would've loved to see a crime story happening in Metropolis with 4 or 5 Legion members in the story.

#67431 06/01/07 11:27 PM
K
Applicant
Applicant
K
Just to toss in my opinion of the issue:

I've been reading LoSH since the 5YL arc. That's when I was introduced to the team. During the middle of the Terra Firma arc, the big Dominator/Earth War.

This last arc reminded me a lot of that, not only because of the obvious, but because of the fact that we had young legion members in a war. The original, we had the SW6 Legion, and in this, obviously we had the 3boot Legion.

Looking back at those issues, I can't say that the SW6 Legion wouldn't have voted for genocide seeing what the Dominators did to Earth. Just like looking at this arc, I really wouldn't have found it believable had they just left the planet and let the Dominators regroup.

I know, we want to look back at the Adventure Era and say "No, they're against killing, etc etc". But, we've seen this war before. We've seen the adult Legion and the young SW6 Legion attack full-on ... it's war. They were soldiers. They fight, they die, they, unfortunately, have to kill.

Someone earlier said that because they didn't fight against Genocide, they weren't heroes. I don't think it's as black and white as all that. War, seeing your homes, loved ones, planet, all but destroyed completely, changes you. You can't go home and play with Proty after taking out the Dominator Main City and let them just regroup to attack again, every planet in the U.P.

Unpleasant, unfortunate, decisions have to be made. Cos had a great plan, the P-Zone was wonderful, but I could never fault the man if genocide was his true intent. If I were Legion, I can't say I'd sleep well at night ... and probably wouldn't for a long time. But, it's war, it's survival of everyone from every U.P. Planet ... it's not Matter-Eater Lad eating something silly in the Adventure Era to save the day.

They shouldn't be ok with the decision to kill every Dominator on the planet ... but they made the right call to protect life everywhere in the galaxy.

That's my take on it anyway.

#67432 06/01/07 11:40 PM
Active
Active
I suggest that you pick up 2 little books titled Watchmen and Kingdom Come.

#67433 06/02/07 07:13 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Read this tonight...

I think it kept the trend of better LSH issues going... this arc has been my favorite since around issues 2-6 or so.

I'm thinking the next-issue blurb: "AFTERMATH!" will see reactions to all this genocide business.

But in general, all things considered, I have to agree with Awkward Pause Boy... I don't really like this Legion.

(although Barry's version of Mysa tops Giffen's for me)

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#67434 06/02/07 07:40 PM
C
Active
Active
C
Out of curiosity, FYI, what if the Dominators REALLY DON'T have a capacity for individual thought? What if they really are pure evil?

What if they're Daleks?

Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p
#67435 06/02/07 09:46 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Charles Phipps:
Out of curiosity, FYI, what if the Dominators REALLY DON'T have a capacity for individual thought? What if they really are pure evil?

What if they're Daleks?
Well, then I would expect that, unlike the Legionnaires, who are supposed to be a group of strong-willed individualists of varying motivations and outlooks, the Dominators would have no problem if their leadership ordered the destruction of an entire planet.

A lot of these kids are supposed to be inspired by comic books, specifically Silver Age Superman comic books. And the Silver Age Superman doesn't kill. He always finds another way of dealing with even those characters that are "pure evil". In at least one alternate reality, he resigned from the Legion in protest when they abandoned their code against killing.

Apparently, Cosmic Boy still holds onto that pro-life ethic. But it's a bit disheartening that none of the others seem to.

#67436 06/02/07 10:03 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Charles Phipps:

What if they're Daleks?
I think that Dominators have been shown to have individual thoughts in this arc.

Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
A lot of these kids are supposed to be inspired by comic books, specifically Silver Age Superman comic books. And the Silver Age Superman doesn't kill. He always finds another way of dealing with even those characters that are "pure evil". In at least one alternate reality, he resigned from the Legion in protest when they abandoned their code against killing.

Apparently, Cosmic Boy still holds onto that pro-life ethic. But it's a bit disheartening that none of the others seem to. [/QB]
What alternate reality did Superman resign from the Legion to protest abandonment of their code against killing. LSH 300?

#67437 06/02/07 10:13 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Yeah, it's the one with the gratuitous Tyroc death scene from LSH #300.

#67438 06/03/07 12:35 AM
C
Active
Active
C
Individual thoughts?

Perhaps.

But only to the greater glory of the Dominator race. There's no thoughts that say "Fuzzy kittens!"

Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p
#67439 06/03/07 08:23 PM
Leader
Leader
What the heck is a Dalek?

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#67440 06/03/07 08:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper

#67441 06/04/07 10:44 AM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Well, just read SG & LSH #30. It was OK. I still have no passion and just a passing interest in this Legion version. I am much more interested in the JLA/JSA crossover story. I believe Brave & Bold #2 and #3 are both better stories than any of the last 30 Legion issues.

Science Question: Wouldn't the moons that surround the Dominator planet just fly off into space (or into each other) once the planet entered the Phantom Zone?

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#67442 06/04/07 11:09 AM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Things I liked about issue #30:
1) Brainy pulls a device out of his hat, with Ayla helping him make it.
2) Jan and Trip - romance
3) Cos meets some 41st century 'friends' - many possibilities there.
4) Mon-El doesn't actually bite it; we can actually get to learn something about this version of him.
5) The nice art on the 'Phantom Zoning' of a whole planet!

Things I didn't like: unfortunately more than the above list, but here are the main items:
1) I don't like the Wanderers, in concept, use, and name. I still don't understand why the name 'Wanderers' was necessary. It negates the history of another perfectly good group who never appears here, and barely applies to what the group stands for. "No-Names", "Mercenaries", "Wanna-Be's" "Fodder" would have all been better choices, and the REAL Wanderers could still be available for a future story.
2) An epic planetary war, and most of the Legionnaires are barely shown in action. Why have Sun Boy's Terror Firma group and the Wanderers involved if the Legion can even get enough spotlight. The whole storyline was just a mish-mash of super bodies.
3) EDITORIAL PEOPLE: Hire someone who can read and will spend more than two minutes on this book. We pay $3.00 for each issue, yet there are multiple coloring and word balloon mistakes within. This has been happening throughout the entire series. You expect us readers to get excited over a product that's half baked? Yeesh!

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#67443 06/04/07 02:43 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Element Lad's support is especially disturbing, given the events of LEGION LOST.
Let's just assume he was busy transmuting his own blood into psychoactive chemicals, or something. Otherwise it's hard to see why he didn't jump in when Cos and Brainy were talking about the difficulty of getting more serum for Mon-el.

"We're almost out of Kryptonite! If only we knew someone who could synthesize any element, and whose products are permanent provided they're incorporated into a biological system! Oh, well...sorry, Mon-el, you're doomed."

#67444 06/04/07 04:47 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Neemers:
There's one question I'm amazed nobody has brought up yet. In the roll call page, the as-yet-nameless Coluan stood with the Legion. While this could be a coloring mistake, it seems pretty rare for the flesh-toned characters to be goofed up on, in comparison to the others. I also can't figure out who he was supposed to be, if he was supposed to be someone else.
That was (Radiation) Roy, I think. Remember, he got invited to the core team several issues ago?

I don't think it's Polar Boy--he's visible among the Wanderers.

#67445 06/04/07 07:21 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Originally posted by SiliconDream:
"We're almost out of Kryptonite! If only we knew someone who could synthesize any element, and whose products are permanent provided they're incorporated into a biological system! Oh, well...sorry, Mon-el, you're doomed."
lol We can't have legionnaires getting in the way of our plot now can we.

#67446 06/04/07 11:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Unfortuantely, this version's Element Lad achieves transmutations that only last a short time.

Unless I missed a scene where "whose products are permanent provided they're incorporated into a biological system" was stated.

Did I?

#67447 06/05/07 01:31 AM
A
Active
Active
A
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Unfortuantely, this version's Element Lad achieves transmutations that only last a short time.

Unless I missed a scene where "whose products are permanent provided they're incorporated into a biological system" was stated.

Did I?
Issue #3

#67448 06/05/07 03:18 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
Issue #3
Yup. Jan makes a cloud of chlorine, IIRC, and says that any which isn't taken up by the local vegetation will revert after a minute.

His power pretty much has to work that way; haven't we seen him make toxic gas temporarily breathable? Plus, people must be inhaling stray carbon/hydrogen/oxygen/etc. atoms from his transmutations all the time. If those atoms got incorporated into their own molecules and then reverted to their original elements, they'd come down with something like radiation sickness.

#67449 06/05/07 05:53 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I finally got my hands on this issue and thoroughly enjoyed it. It wrapped up WaKs run quite nicely. Bye bye guys, thanks for a fantastic 30 issues!

My only other thought for now is hopefully Sun Boys group wont be ignored now that it looks like he's returnibng to the Legion.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#67450 06/06/07 09:42 PM
Reservist
Reservist
This is a very interesting and entertaining discussion. My points on this issue are:

1. The visual mistakes that have plagued this book from the beginning have been such an unnecessary distraction.
2. Why couldn’t Element Lad change the lead in Mon’s body into something less harmful to his system? If he has to touch the item to change it, why not make a protective suit of some kind that changes lead radiation (?) into something that won’t kill Mon?
3. Cos lies to the Legion “movement” because he was gutless and afraid of Mekt and then leaves the “movement” before the lie is made known.
4. “Three kids from the future” pop up out of nowhere and stroke Cos’ ego so he takes off with them, again leaving others to deal with the ramifications of HIS actions.

I like to think of this Legion as being in some kind of Mordru-verse. Mordru having learned before that having no Legion in the Mordru-verse wont work out too well, is trying a new tactic. This time he allows a Legion into his domain, but he’s gotten rid of Superboy, Dream Girl and Mon-El. The White Witch doesn’t appear to be related to Dreamy. Projectra and Lu are vastly different characters now. The Legion is not a team but a movement so fractured that even if they did detect the truth about Mordru they would be neither heroic nor unified enough to do any damage to his reign. What was it that Superman said in the ‘Lightning Saga’,”Our devotion to each other was inexplicable.” The WaK Legion, not so much.

So what.
#67451 06/07/07 11:08 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hear hear. This team is full of little cliques, so different from the past Legions. Though I do love Waid's sarcastic dialogue - it fights right in with this incarnation!

And I still hate this version's Ultra Boy. I think Projectra is the only character I actually enjoy more in this version - but she's just about the same level as Sensor Girl.

I was really hoping we'd see more of the team get their little moments this issue, but I can't complain about how it was wrapped up. At least it was shocking, yet sorta made sense.

Sun Boy's group should totally be the new Academy, and White Witch should switch to the Legion!

#67452 06/07/07 11:25 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Hear hear. This team is full of little cliques, so different from the past Legions.
The Legion has totally had cliques before. Paul Levitz's Legion was full of them.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,249
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Kent Shakespeare
Kent Shakespeare
Hudson Valley
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star