Roll Call
0 members (), 44 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by thoth lad - 05/12/24 02:15 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 66 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 65 66
Re: Official LSH 3 Worlds Thread #5 out (FINALLY!! - spoilers)
#68285 09/05/08 10:12 AM
Active
Active
well it is double sized so... the artist needs twice the time to actually draw the thing. but the 3rd one comes out the very next week??! i don't get it! @__@

#68286 09/05/08 12:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm certain that #3 will probably be pushed back to December.

#68287 09/05/08 12:54 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Aww Nerts..Oh wells since this is like the only book I'm really picking up nowadays it'll help me save money xD

#68288 09/06/08 07:55 AM
Active
Active
#3 is now listed as December 3 on the Dc website

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#68289 09/06/08 12:10 PM
Active
Active
i.... i don't think i can wait for next month. ;____; *hyperventilate*

#68290 09/06/08 12:31 PM
Active
Active
They actually have to postpone L3W #6 so that they will have time enough left to solicit the third LSH Baxter Trade, collecting ##13-18 and leading directly into crisis... and then... into the new, old, returned, classic but still not all that classic LSH #1, featuring the Action Legion five - or ten - years later, right after LS, Action and L3W...

Don't you think so?

#68291 09/06/08 02:09 PM
Active
Active
wait wait wait. so... if this is bimonthly...

we wont see the conclusion until APRIL 2009?!! *suicide*

ahh wait. anyone else see a problem with the final crisis (main) solicits?

10/15 - final crisis 4

10/29 final crisis 5

are THESE supposed to come out in the same month? or does final crisis 4 actually ship THIS month?!

but since LO3W is bimonthly, that gives shooter until... issue 52? (a PORTENTOUS number, right?!!)

#68292 09/07/08 10:04 PM
Active
Active
I dunno, but for me, DC seems to be building up for a sort-of new DCU for February 2009. Except for Geoff Johns's books (Green Lantern, to be more precise), everything else seems to be under tight wraps.

#68293 09/10/08 03:59 AM
Active
Active
oh man. ok so my cohort and i have been reading flash trades and i just got to fastest man alive.

in issue 2, wally is talking about bart and here's part of what he says: "you're fast bart, faster than all of us put together. but not fast enough. you're a lightning rod."

so... bart HAS to be in that lightning rod!!! right?!! and since prime is afraid of flashes...

#68294 09/10/08 11:25 AM
Active
Active
It looks pretty much like that, veryvery. This is one of the least kept secrets from Johns, in a sense...

#68295 09/12/08 03:24 AM
Active
Active
bart HAS to be in that lightning rod!!!
Dan DiDio said that Bart would be in Lo3W but he hinted at issue 1 so maybe he lied...

Does anyone have any idea why Lo3W is running late? Is it Perez on the artwork. I can't imagine Johns being behind.

"You were kids"
#68296 09/12/08 04:32 AM
Active
Active
it turned out to be bimonthly! so... it's not late, it's just bimonthly which is something i don't think they were very clear on? did anyone know this was going to be bimonthly going into it?

makes sense, double the size, double the drawing time. it's not like perez can just magic twice as many pages into appearing in a month smile

#68297 09/13/08 07:32 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I don't recall a sixth issue of Lo3W.

And Bart did appear in #1, if you think about it. Note the word 'appear'.

And about RJ's Durlan blood... was there any other instances of Durlans 'bleeding'? In Action, Yera's wasn't the shade of green. Yet another retcon?

"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.
#68298 09/13/08 11:56 AM
Active
Active
Cover for issue #4 is on Newsarama. It's Brainy. Here is the full scope, with spoilers:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS #4
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by George Pérez & Scott Koblish
Covers by George Pérez
Don't miss this issue as lightning strikes again in the DC Universe! The Crisis of the 31st century continues as a great hero falls and another returns to help Superman and the Legion combat the murderous Superboy-Prime! Meanwhile, the Time Trapper makes his move against the three Legion founders, Polar Boy's bizarre mission comes to an end and Superman makes a shocking discovery that will redefine the terms of this war.
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers by George Pérez that will ship in approximately 50/50 ratio. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.</span></span>

On sale December 24 • 4 of 5 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US
Cover art

#68299 09/13/08 11:59 AM
T
Active
Active
T
Originally posted by PenaltyKillah:
And about RJ's Durlan blood... was there any other instances of Durlans 'bleeding'? In Action, Yera's wasn't the shade of green. Yet another retcon?
In 5YL, didn't Cham bleed red?

Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore
#68300 09/13/08 01:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
what s KOKO doing there on the cover!!?!!?? ha! good to see that monkey back! wink

#68301 09/13/08 01:22 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by PenaltyKillah:
If it were a writing problem, I'd believe it in a second, but since it's George Perez drawing it, I strongly believe that R.J. Brande turning into an orange-humanoid 'Durlan' and not an actual tentacle-monster Durlan, and bleeding terribly obvious 'alien blood' was all very deliberate.

I don't think Perez spent that long researching the Legion for this gig to make a bunch of silly mistakes. I think that 'R.J. Brande' was a Durlan, in fact, and that neither he, nor the Durlan that was pretending to be him, are dead.

Having bullet-holes put in them doesn't kill shapeshifters, after all. It's not like they have any vital organs to damage.

I would believe quite readily that Johns neither knows nor cares about any of this stuff, but I don't think that Perez would be making mistakes like this. He's known for his detail-oriented research.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#68302 09/13/08 01:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Ricardo:
Cover for issue #4 is on Newsarama. It's Brainy. Here is the full scope, with spoilers:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">FINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS #4
Written by Geoff Johns
Covers by George Pérez
Don't miss this issue as lightning strikes again in the DC Universe! The Crisis of the 31st century continues as a great hero falls and another returns to help Superman and the Legion combat the murderous Superboy-Prime! Meanwhile, the Time Trapper makes his move against the three Legion founders, Polar Boy's bizarre mission comes to an end and Superman makes a shocking discovery that will redefine the terms of this war.
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers by George Pérez that will ship in approximately 50/50 ratio. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.</span></span>

Cover art
I worry about the fates of two Legionnaires...oh boy. not a good day to read during the Xmas day.

Death toll:
Jun and Marla (right sp?) of Smallville
Leland McCauley
RJ Brande (?)
a lot of Science Police guards from Takron Galtros

Missing:
Element Lad
Dream Girl
White Witch (which will be seen soon as indicated in DCU #0)
Tellus
Chameleon Boy
Proty II (disguised as RJ Brande?)
Tyroc
Duo Damsel
Sensor Girl
Bouncing Boy
Matter Eater Lad
Starboy (? is now in JSA? same guy?)
Quislet

#68303 09/13/08 02:30 PM
Active
Active
you know if rj IS martian manhunter and considering that martian manhunter "died" in the main Final Crisis series... makes an interesting loop, don't you think?

most likely to die guesses anyone?
out of sheer tradition-
ferro lad
karate kid (if they dig up another)

#68304 09/14/08 07:34 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ferro's death is locked in history, they'd be STUPID to mess with that.

You know Giffin is lurking the offices, KK is HHistory, again. He does exist right? Don't I recall correctly a line about his "return?"

And it being John's, it means KK's head is about to get knocked off. In fact, I think when the toll is all done, every death will involve some splattering of the head or part of the body that functions as the head.

Koko made an appearance in the Brainiac story in Action, he was a bit disappointing.

I am looking forward to and hoping for Johns connecting his Flash work with this story. Johns on Flash and Waid on Impulse are two of my favorite non-Legion re-reads.

Then I hope it all goes away.

#68305 09/14/08 10:59 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Finally got a copy from a "no thanks" subscriber at my CBS.

Things I liked:

Prime being the "secret" inspiration to the LSV, but being consigned to a closet in the Superman Museum. Pitch perfect manipulation of a deranged adolescent. Absolutely amazing. Johns just loves writing Prime. I wonder how much Johns's Prime characterization is some sort of catharsis for his own teenage years?

I also really liked the sense of connection between Superman and "his" Legion. These people are friends, they grew up together, they are absolutely committed to each other in a way Superman hasn't been connected to ANYTHING since Byrne's "Man of Steel." The creative teams of the 1980s and 1990s really got Superman wrong, I think. He isn't diminished by his association with a huge supporting cast. Rather, the supporting cast demonstrates tangibly how exceptional and inspiring Superman is, even to other superhumans.

Finally, I really liked the Johns managed to distill into 1 comic a vast number of Legion characters, the political milieu of the 31st Century, many key aspects of Legion history, AND the aftermath of the Action Legion story. While this issue still felt like an expositional set-up, it had PLENTY of portent AND action. Johns should teach a master class on how to write big-scale superhero books.

I LOVED how Johns is giving a character arc to Polar Boy and Sun Boy. This is going to be my plot to watch for this series. I love both characters, and I don't remember much connection between them in the actual Legion -- they are "polar" opposites, after all (sorry). I hope this will be fun, and not just a sappy subplot.

Thing I Didn't Like

I continue to think that the Legion looks bizarre. It really takes me out of the story to the founders look the way they do. Polar Boy is not recognizable as Brek of the "real" Legion. While I realize Durlans can look how they want, and Yera's look is kinda neat, it simply isn't the Yera we knew.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#68306 09/14/08 10:11 PM
Leader
Leader
I agree that this Legion doesn't look like "our Legion." Many of the new costumes just don't work for me. But mostly I just want Garth and Brainy to get a haircut. Where's Edward Scissorhands when you need him?

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#68307 09/15/08 03:28 AM
Active
Active
I agree that this Legion doesn't look like "our Legion." Many of the new costumes just don't work for me. But mostly I just want Garth and Brainy to get a haircut.
This story is set a couple of years after "our Legion" so, based on past events, the Legionnaires would have changed costumes and hairstyles just like the roster has changed.

I quite like some of the costumes - Vi and Rokk for example. There is often a fasion style in reflected in the Legion's uniforms so the no-arms look is in vogue in 3008 and while I don't fully appreciate those costumes, I like the logic.

That said I hate Night Girl's look and Garth and Imra's hair is awful.

"You were kids"
#68308 09/15/08 03:58 AM
Active
Active

Click Here For A SpoilerFINAL CRISIS: LEGION OF THREE WORLDS #4
Written by Geoff Johns
Covers by George Pérez
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers by George Pérez that will ship in approximately 50/50 ratio. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

Lo3W and JSA 22 lead me to a single conclusion: RIP Thom Kallor aka Starman

"You were kids"
#68309 09/15/08 07:20 AM
Substitute
Substitute
What a joy this first issue is....
Still...How can lightning destroy an object from Krypton? How could the reunion of Supes and Mon not be given at least ONE panel for sentiment's sake? Why does Prime fear the Flash Family as implied? Is it the ultimate goal of TTT to have a timeline sans the Legion or one without a Superman and will we finally be given the reasons why? If a severed limb is depicted will that count as an appearance by Arm-Fall_Off-Boy?

Page 17 of 66 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,254
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star